Page 371 of 415 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 371

  1. #3701
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,880
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Ok, I've read through that document. It's fairly weighty, so I won't pretend to have memorised it.

    If I understand the document correctly, 100mg/day is the point at which the document recommends you should consult with your doctor.

    And a quick google turns up this article (published here) found that

    That's comparing 400 micrograms (from the journal article) with 100,000 micrograms (from Grizz's iodine reference).

    Is subclinical hypothyroidism something that we should not be worried about?

    Edit: I see you know about it. Not sure that I see anything that passes for a 'rebuttal' of it however. Could you please copy/paste it or link me to it?
    Magicmerl,
    I suggest you download this document to get yourself started on iodine:
    Iodine | Stepping Stones Living, LLC
    Written by Dr. Buist at the Yahoo Iodine Group,

    This is the alternative to my "Iodine References."
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

    Here is the other version if you don't like Dr. Buists version
    Iodine Therapy Guidelines

    You can also follow what the guys at Curezone are doing.
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 265, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

    Let us know which doctor you finally decide to follow.
    Grizz

  2. #3702
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    I did tell my doctor, and he's fine with me supplementing with iodine, I mentioned this over a month ago in this thread. I got my thyroid tested, everything came back normal so he gave me the go ahead to test using lugol's plus the supplements. I told him I wasn't going to go very high in mg and I was going to take it slow. He didn't think I'd hurt myself, of course he also thought I wouldn't see any positive results either.

    About canned fish. I don't buy canned anything because of BPA. Canned fish is also nasty, I tried eating canned sardines and they are awful. I love fresh/frozen wild caught fish when I can afford it, but definitely not in cans. Kelp tablets are also not so great because they tend to be loaded with chemicals because the kelp is grown in polluted waters (near boat harbors etc..).

    Why are you trying to make me change? I don't feel anything negative from taking iodine, and I feel better taking the lugols + supplements.
    Huh? I'm not trying to make you change anything. I think you are doing this is a very safe and sane way, including your doctor in the process. I wasn't telling you to do anything different. My concern is for the people who experiment with no medical testing or advice. That is not you and I am very glad it is working for you. Chill.

    I really think the hype about the oceans creating contaminated seafood and veggies is overblown and mostly trumpeted by the people who want to sell you their bottled "pure" stuff. OK, to each his/her own on this. I have lived by the ocean my whole life and I am not going to stop enjoying its bounty now. Also, canned seafood is available in BPA free cans but if you don't like it again, to each his/her own. (BTW kelp grows lots of places other than harbors)

  3. #3703
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Breadsauce,
    You are free to do it any way you want at your own peril. We choose to follow the Dr. Brownstein Protocol.

    So, bottom line, If you don't want to follow the Dr. Brownstein procedures exactly, then just go ahead & do it YOUR way. Don't come into this thread CRYING if you get a THYROID STORM, a trip to the EMERGENCY ROOM, 30 lbs of BLOAT, or a face FULL OF ZITS. We will be LAUGHING at you for being so stubborn. Bwahahahaha - Mwahahahaha
    So go right ahead and do it YOUR way and let us know how it works out for you. We like to watch Guinea Pigs do our testing for us. Then WHO will be the irresponsible one ??

    Grizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Let us know which doctor you finally decide to follow.
    Grizz
    Hey, Grizz. Welcome back to sanity land.

  4. #3704
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    I am wondering how higher doses of Iodine can push out the "heavier" elements (flouride, bromide) when they are described as pushing out Iodine. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am sure my understanding is flawed.
    Good question. Can anyone answer it?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  5. #3705
    t2t's Avatar
    t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    98
    You're most welcome, cori, regarding K2...

  6. #3706
    breadsauce's Avatar
    breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    I have seen this supplement mentioned several times. K2 mk 4 or 7. What is it and what does it do?

    Thanks!
    Gwynn
    Gwynn, this is worth reading

    Vitamin K: The Missing Nutrient

    and this

    Whole Health Source: Vitamin K2, menatetrenone (MK-4)

    Hope it helps! I am hoping that it will help me in 3 ways - improve vascular health, improve bone strength, and help to re-mineralize my teeth (which seem to be remaining totally plaque free since supplementing K2 mk4)

    It appears to work in conduction with vitamin A, which I get from eating liver regularly, and using lots of paprika and eating highly coloured veg, and vitamin D.At this time of year, I hope I get enough D3 from sunshine, but I also get some from grass fed butter, fermented cod liver oil and in the winter, from D3 supplements.
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-23-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling.

  7. #3707
    breadsauce's Avatar
    breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi Breadsauce,

    This is great to hear that your psoriasis has abated…!

    BTW K2 mk4 is wonderful for the skin also! One to
    3 MILLIgrams a day seems to work great for many people
    across the net and with a tad (micrograms) of K2 mk7 too
    from blogs I have read.

    t2t
    t2t, having re- read two threads about K2 (I've posted them up for Gwynn) I am almost convinced that the improvements in my skin, like the last bits of psoriasis going, are more likely due to K2 mk 4 / vitamin D3 / vitamin A working together than my (small) doses of Lugol's.

    It is so hard to be sure what is achieving just which effects! But so long as it IS working - I'm happy!

  8. #3708
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,880
    Originally Posted by Hoss2626
    I am wondering how higher doses of Iodine can push out the "heavier" elements (flouride, bromide) when they are described as pushing out Iodine. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am sure my understanding is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Good question. Can anyone answer it?
    Simplified version: we need to take in more iodine than we take in halogen chemicals. We live in a sea of halogen chemicals consisting of bromide in food, fluorides & chlorine in water. Most common products include these chemicals including toothpaste, hair dye, carpeting, bread, milk, that "New Car Smell," and much more. Dr. Brownstein says that we need 50mg of iodine daily to offset all of these chemicals and we need more than 50mg to expedite detox. The main reason for taking the required co-supplements is to expedite getting iodine into the cells and getting toxins out of the cells and to protect the thyroid from damage.

    You will find complete details in the Iodine References, chapter "Detox & Chemical Poisons Articles"
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

    Grizz

  9. #3709
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,880
    Back from our trip to Michigan. Good News & Bad News.

    The new house they bought is simply stunning, 5,000 sq ft with finished basement, and way too many rooms for just 2 people & a 2 yr old located in a great neighborhood & very close to shopping, school. Simply amazing.

    Bad News, our daughter-in-law has painful fibrocystic breasts and is scared to death because her mother died of breast cancer. Unfortunately she refuses to listen to anything anyone says. Unless her doctor tells her to do something, she is just not going to do it. So getting her to take iodine is going to be a tough challenge. Fortunately, her sister was a nurse and extremely sharp and has agreed to study iodine on her sister's behalf. And we know what doctors prescribe for FBS.

    I'll keep y'all posted on her progress. Let us pray that she accepts my help to cure her FBS.

    T2T, thanks so much for your report on K2. The wife & I have also been taking this for the past year, based on Dr. Kruse recommendations.

    Everyone- to each their own. Get the iodine into your body any way that you can.
    Dr. Kruse protocol = Eat a LOT of sea foods & seaweed
    Dr. Davidson Protocol = take 1/2mg of kelp tablets
    Dr. Brownstein Protocol = we all know about this one.

    Is there any other Dr. sponsored protocols out there?

    Decide for yourself which protocol to follow. I have all the facts about each one in Iodine References.

    Grizz

  10. #3710
    breadsauce's Avatar
    breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Back from our trip to Michigan. Good News & Bad News.

    The new house they bought is simply stunning, 5,000 sq ft with finished basement, and way too many rooms for just 2 people & a 2 yr old located in a great neighborhood & very close to shopping, school. Simply amazing.

    Bad News, our daughter-in-law has painful fibrocystic breasts and is scared to death because her mother died of breast cancer. Unfortunately she refuses to listen to anything anyone says. Unless her doctor tells her to do something, she is just not going to do it. So getting her to take iodine is going to be a tough challenge. Fortunately, her sister was a nurse and extremely sharp and has agreed to study iodine on her sister's behalf. And we know what doctors prescribe for FBS.

    I'll keep y'all posted on her progress. Let us pray that she accepts my help to cure her FBS.

    T2T, thanks so much for your report on K2. The wife & I have also been taking this for the past year, based on Dr. Kruse recommendations.

    Everyone- to each their own. Get the iodine into your body any way that you can.
    Dr. Kruse protocol = Eat a LOT of sea foods & seaweed
    Dr. Davidson Protocol = take 1/2mg of kelp tablets
    Dr. Brownstein Protocol = we all know about this one.

    Is there any other Dr. sponsored protocols out there?

    Decide for yourself which protocol to follow. I have all the facts about each one in Iodine References.

    Grizz
    Grizz, sad about your daughter in law - hoe she improves.

    And thanks for this post - it's the one I've been waiting for!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •