Page 371 of 415 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 371

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    I did tell my doctor, and he's fine with me supplementing with iodine, I mentioned this over a month ago in this thread. I got my thyroid tested, everything came back normal so he gave me the go ahead to test using lugol's plus the supplements. I told him I wasn't going to go very high in mg and I was going to take it slow. He didn't think I'd hurt myself, of course he also thought I wouldn't see any positive results either.

About canned fish. I don't buy canned anything because of BPA. Canned fish is also nasty, I tried eating canned sardines and they are awful. I love fresh/frozen wild caught fish when I can afford it, but definitely not in cans. Kelp tablets are also not so great because they tend to be loaded with chemicals because the kelp is grown in polluted waters (near boat harbors etc..).

Why are you trying to make me change? I don't feel anything negative from taking iodine, and I feel better taking the lugols + supplements.
    Huh? I'm not trying to make you change anything. I think you are doing this is a very safe and sane way, including your doctor in the process. I wasn't telling you to do anything different. My concern is for the people who experiment with no medical testing or advice. That is not you and I am very glad it is working for you. Chill.

I really think the hype about the oceans creating contaminated seafood and veggies is overblown and mostly trumpeted by the people who want to sell you their bottled "pure" stuff. OK, to each his/her own on this. I have lived by the ocean my whole life and I am not going to stop enjoying its bounty now. Also, canned seafood is available in BPA free cans but if you don't like it again, to each his/her own. (BTW kelp grows lots of places other than harbors)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Breadsauce,
    You are free to do it any way you want at your own peril. We choose to follow the Dr. Brownstein Protocol.

So, bottom line, If you don't want to follow the Dr. Brownstein procedures exactly, then just go ahead & do it YOUR way. Don't come into this thread CRYING if you get a THYROID STORM, a trip to the EMERGENCY ROOM, 30 lbs of BLOAT, or a face FULL OF ZITS. We will be LAUGHING at you for being so stubborn. Bwahahahaha - Mwahahahaha
    So go right ahead and do it YOUR way and let us know how it works out for you. We like to watch Guinea Pigs do our testing for us. Then WHO will be the irresponsible one ??

Grizz
    Let us know which doctor you finally decide to follow.
    Grizz
    Hey, Grizz. Welcome back to sanity land.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    I am wondering how higher doses of Iodine can push out the "heavier" elements (flouride, bromide) when they are described as pushing out Iodine. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am sure my understanding is flawed.
    Good question. Can anyone answer it?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    You're most welcome, cori, regarding K2...

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    I have seen this supplement mentioned several times. K2 mk 4 or 7. What is it and what does it do?

Thanks!
    Gwynn
    Gwynn, this is worth reading

Vitamin K: The Missing Nutrient

and this

Whole Health Source: Vitamin K2, menatetrenone (MK-4)

Hope it helps! I am hoping that it will help me in 3 ways - improve vascular health, improve bone strength, and help to re-mineralize my teeth (which seem to be remaining totally plaque free since supplementing K2 mk4)

It appears to work in conduction with vitamin A, which I get from eating liver regularly, and using lots of paprika and eating highly coloured veg, and vitamin D.At this time of year, I hope I get enough D3 from sunshine, but I also get some from grass fed butter, fermented cod liver oil and in the winter, from D3 supplements.
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-23-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi Breadsauce,

This is great to hear that your psoriasis has abated…!

BTW K2 mk4 is wonderful for the skin also! One to
    3 MILLIgrams a day seems to work great for many people
    across the net and with a tad (micrograms) of K2 mk7 too
    from blogs I have read.

t2t
    t2t, having re- read two threads about K2 (I've posted them up for Gwynn) I am almost convinced that the improvements in my skin, like the last bits of psoriasis going, are more likely due to K2 mk 4 / vitamin D3 / vitamin A working together than my (small) doses of Lugol's.

It is so hard to be sure what is achieving just which effects! But so long as it IS working - I'm happy!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Originally Posted by Hoss2626
    I am wondering how higher doses of Iodine can push out the "heavier" elements (flouride, bromide) when they are described as pushing out Iodine. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am sure my understanding is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Good question. Can anyone answer it?
    Simplified version: we need to take in more iodine than we take in halogen chemicals. We live in a sea of halogen chemicals consisting of bromide in food, fluorides & chlorine in water. Most common products include these chemicals including toothpaste, hair dye, carpeting, bread, milk, that "New Car Smell," and much more. Dr. Brownstein says that we need 50mg of iodine daily to offset all of these chemicals and we need more than 50mg to expedite detox. The main reason for taking the required co-supplements is to expedite getting iodine into the cells and getting toxins out of the cells and to protect the thyroid from damage.

You will find complete details in the Iodine References, chapter "Detox & Chemical Poisons Articles"
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Back from our trip to Michigan. Good News & Bad News.

The new house they bought is simply stunning, 5,000 sq ft with finished basement, and way too many rooms for just 2 people & a 2 yr old located in a great neighborhood & very close to shopping, school. Simply amazing.

Bad News, our daughter-in-law has painful fibrocystic breasts and is scared to death because her mother died of breast cancer. Unfortunately she refuses to listen to anything anyone says. Unless her doctor tells her to do something, she is just not going to do it. So getting her to take iodine is going to be a tough challenge. Fortunately, her sister was a nurse and extremely sharp and has agreed to study iodine on her sister's behalf. And we know what doctors prescribe for FBS.

I'll keep y'all posted on her progress. Let us pray that she accepts my help to cure her FBS.

T2T, thanks so much for your report on K2. The wife & I have also been taking this for the past year, based on Dr. Kruse recommendations.

Everyone- to each their own. Get the iodine into your body any way that you can.
    Dr. Kruse protocol = Eat a LOT of sea foods & seaweed
    Dr. Davidson Protocol = take 1/2mg of kelp tablets
    Dr. Brownstein Protocol = we all know about this one.

Is there any other Dr. sponsored protocols out there?

Decide for yourself which protocol to follow. I have all the facts about each one in Iodine References.

Grizz

Back from our trip to Michigan. Good News & Bad News.

The new house they bought is simply stunning, 5,000 sq ft with finished basement, and way too many rooms for just 2 people & a 2 yr old located in a great neighborhood & very close to shopping, school. Simply amazing.

Bad News, our daughter-in-law has painful fibrocystic breasts and is scared to death because her mother died of breast cancer. Unfortunately she refuses to listen to anything anyone says. Unless her doctor tells her to do something, she is just not going to do it. So getting her to take iodine is going to be a tough challenge. Fortunately, her sister was a nurse and extremely sharp and has agreed to study iodine on her sister's behalf. And we know what doctors prescribe for FBS.

I'll keep y'all posted on her progress. Let us pray that she accepts my help to cure her FBS.

T2T, thanks so much for your report on K2. The wife & I have also been taking this for the past year, based on Dr. Kruse recommendations.

Everyone- to each their own. Get the iodine into your body any way that you can.
    Dr. Kruse protocol = Eat a LOT of sea foods & seaweed
    Dr. Davidson Protocol = take 1/2mg of kelp tablets
    Dr. Brownstein Protocol = we all know about this one.

Is there any other Dr. sponsored protocols out there?

Decide for yourself which protocol to follow. I have all the facts about each one in Iodine References.

Grizz
    Grizz, sad about your daughter in law - hoe she improves.

And thanks for this post - it's the one I've been waiting for!!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Here is the message that I sent to our son, our daughter-in-law and her sister. The rest is up to them. I'm not going to bring this subject up again. The ball is now in their court to do whatever they wish. You can lead donkeys to water, but you can't make them drink, and our DIL is as stubborn and hard headed as they come.

Did you know that Harmony has Fibrocystic Breast Disease [FBD]?

It is vitally important that she get started on the Dr. Brownstein's Iodine Protocol. There is only one known cure for FBS and that is iodine supplements. Is her condition painful yet? FBS just gets worse & worse until the breasts become extremely painful & swollen. This puts her at higher risk of breast cancer. Doctors simply recommend a double mastectomy instead of iodine supplements. (There is no money to be made from iodine). FBS, and cysts of the ovaries & Uterus are all caused by iodine deficiency. See the many doctor articles I have in the chapter FibroCystic Breasts in Iodine References:

Please read these Doctor reports:
    ==========================
    Dr. David Beaulieu says:
    In almost every case, fibrocystic disease is curable. Approximately 25 years ago I had the privilege of attending a lecture on a protocol developed by a Dr. John Myers. He had devised an approach for the successful treatment of fibrocystic disease. The first part of his protocol was a basic vitamin program & iodine. . . . Rest of the article:

Dr. Derry says:
    "However, while about 90 percent of North American women have fibrocystic disease, about 40 percent of these women experience no symptoms. Their breasts may be normal to examination, but the disease may be only microscopically detectable with a biopsy.

"Enough iodine enables the excess cells to be cleared out, and the breast can return to its normal resting state as the fibrocystic disease slowly disappears from the breast.

"Fibrocystic disease over decades of hormonal stimulation eventually tends to cause some cells to change to cancer cells. Lack of iodine causes fibrocystic disease, so women who have fibrocystic disease are susceptible to breast cancer. Although breast scars from fluid leakage out of the cysts are often permanent, iodine given therapeutically in the correct doses gradually gets rid of all fibrocystic disease except for the scars.

"How much iodine is enough? It has been shown that daily doses of iodine above two to three milligrams per day (about half a drop from a standard eyedropper) saturate the thyroid within a couple of weeks. At this point, the thyroid gland stops taking up iodine. This means that at a dietary intake above two to three milligrams, all of the iodine goes to all its other functions in the body, such as killing off abnormal cells."
    Rest of the article

Dr. Derry also says:
    The discovered lump represents the end stage of slow cancer progression over decades. The longest period is the first phase of cancer development. This phase which is often called pre-cancerous happens as as a normal cell is gradually turned into a cancer cell. These pre-cancerous lesions are known as fibrocystic disease (lumpy, tender breasts) of the breast. (2-3,13-14) Most fibrocystic disease is benign, harmless and has no consequences.
    On the other hand, some more advanced forms of fibrocystic disease have clearly defined tendencies towards breast cancer. So there are grades of fibrocystic disease with some of the cells looking more abnormal than in the benign forms. The greater the difference in the cells from normal (abnormal) the greater chance of these cells converting to a cancer cell over 10-20 years. So if you have fibrocystic disease still at the age of 45-55, you likely have had this for many years. There maybe then a significant chance the cells may change into a cancer cell. The good news is that it can be cleared up completely with a daily intake of iodine.(9)
    Rest of the article

There is more to read in Iodine References:
    See the chapters:
    * Fibrocystic Breast Disease
    * Testimonials - Fibrocystic Breasts

PLEASE _ Ask questions. I have spent the last 6 months becoming an expert on this subject. Don't let them cut off her breasts! The iodine is so simple & easy, and the results are so dramatic. Pain gone in days, cysts all melt away within just a few months.

Protocol required co-supplements (Dr. Brownstein Protocol):
    ==============================================
    - - ½ tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
    - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred - do not take with iodine
    - - ATP Cofactors caplet contains both 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio. Take 1/2 caplet with iodine up to 25mg, then one caplet for each 50 mg iodine,

Titrate iodine as follows:
    ============================
    - - - Mix 1 drop 2% Lugols into bottles of water, put the caps back on available at Amazon.Com
    - - - Week 1 drink 1 oz (~30ml) daily (about 380mcg iodone)
    - - - Week 2 drink 2 oz (~60ml) daily (about 775mcg iodine)
    - - - Week 3 drink 4 oz (~120ml) daily ( about 1.5mg iodine)
    - - - Week 4 drink 6 oz (~180ml) daily ( about 2.3mg iodine)
    - - - Week 5 drink 8 oz (~220ml) daily ( about 3.1 mg iodine or about 1 drop per day),
    - - - Week 6 drink 2 drops per day in a glass of water
    - - - Week 7 drink 3 drops per day in a glass of water
    - - - Week 8 drink 4 drops per day (about 12.5mg = to 1 iodoral)
    * Next, Titrate up with iodoral 12.5mg iodine tablets available at Amazon.Com
    - - - add 1/2 tablet each month to eventually reach 50mg daily-refer to Dr. Brownstein’s Book
    - - - 50mg Daily is the dosage target recommended by Dr. Brownstein to overcome toxins
    * If any detox symptoms appear do the salt flush and pulse dose. (all listed below)

The reason for titrating slowly is that iodine kicks nasty toxins out of our cells, and if we take too much iodine too soon, these toxins will make us sick with such as pimples, bloat, headaches, depression. Titrating slowly eliminates most if not all detox symptoms.

PS) John,
    You also need iodine to prevent Prostate BPH & Prostate Cancer. Trust me, if you are not eating a lot of seafoods including Kelp seaweed every week, you ARE deficient in iodine. Do the iodine Skin Test to prove it.
    Will she listen? Or will she dismiss it offhand because her own doctor didn't say it? I'll keep y'all informed of this real life drama as it unfolds.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-24-2012 at 10:40 AM.