Page 368 of 415 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 368

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    I had two previous heart attacks with the 2nd one causing me to lose over 60% of my heart muscle, leaving me with an Ejection Fracture of 25%. I searched forever to find something to help me too FEEL better. Iodine was it. I started out slowly and worked my way up to over 100 MILLIgrams daily for over 4 years, approaching 5 years now. I even went up to over 500 milligrams a day for two months too cure my bleeding ulcers. I had the pylori bacteria. I have gotten blood work every 3 months for most of those years checking my TSH levels which has remained at 1.37 give or take a tenth. It was iniatially less than .30 indicating I was Hyperthyroid before I started IODINE. But I started my selenomethionine shortly after the iodine. And of course the D3, and K2 mk4 were lifechanging for me too. Only in recent times have I started the Cofactors and they do make me feel a little better.

So I wonder if the Chinese study included selenomethionine, especially selenomethionine which protects the thyroid when going to the larger doses?

And does the fact that I have a weaker heart pump than normal make my taking larger doses all this time, unique for me versus one with a normal heart which would dis-clude me from this study?

There are other Factors to consider before subclinical hypothyroidism is treated. It is considered a very mild form.

Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism - To Treat or Not? - Thyroid Problems: Information About Thyroid Disease, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism and Thyroid Disorders on MedicineNet.com

So if one tries iodine supplication, small or large, bloodwork to check for overall thyroid health is paramount. I don't know all the answers for everyone but I know what works for me.

t2t
    t2t, you are one of the ones I mean when I say that the high supplementation has helped some on this thread - you obviously feel that this regime has saved your life, and I think that this is wonderful.

But I do feel that many (most?) will be able to see benefits on smaller doses. My N=1 is that on a single drop of Lugol's 3%, three times a week, I seem to be benefiting. Yesterday I realised that I now have NO psoriasis on my body AT ALL. It improved a lot when I began primal almost 3 years ago. I think that D3, vitamin K mk 4 and 7, and iodine have all had an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    They aren't "trolling this thread" any more than you are. You sir do not own this thread, and therefore do not get to decide who posts here. I for one welcome other points of view. If you don't, then gosh, I guess that's just tough. This is a message board.
    Absolutely!

Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    There has been some mention in the recent posts about toxicity and Iodine. In my admittedly limited search on Google (ok, I read the wikipedia page) it appears that toxicity is measured in grams (2+ grams to be exact.)

I am not able to make the connection where taking 100mg or less (5% of toxic level or less) has any toxicity affects. It seems to me that the affects at such low levels of supplementation would be detox of the various baddies discussed previously. Thoughts?

Also, I am wondering how higher doses of Iodine can push out the "heavier" elements (flouride, bromide) when they are described as pushing out Iodine. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am sure my understanding is flawed.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Hi Breadsauce,

This is great to hear that your psoriasis has abated…!

BTW K2 mk4 is wonderful for the skin also! One to
    3 MILLIgrams a day seems to work great for many people
    across the net and with a tad (micrograms) of K2 mk7 too
    from blogs I have read.

t2t
    Last edited by t2t; 07-23-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: micro add

Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    Reread it -uckbird. Didn't say that. Why are you trolling this thread? Don't you have anything better to do?
    Peurile comment - not worthy of you. And paleobird is most certainly not "trolling" this thread - she posts some of the most balanced and sensible comments / info on here.

And sinking to name calling like you just did - now, that IS more like trolling.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Actually, I care about Paleobird's medical texts - usually properly researched and therefore very much more valid than anecdote.

My concerns about pushing these very high levels of iodine intake - and from many of the anecdotal "cures" that you have reported, Grizz, it appears that SHORT TERM high dosage use has improved health for some people - I worry that LONG TERM use will undermine health - possibly severely.

And I don't care about the Brownstein protocol at all - I prefer the more measured approach of Dr Gaby.

And please stop calling people who disagree with you trolls - cori, paleobird, radial head etc could just as easily (and justifiably) accuse you of troll activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    They aren't "trolling this thread" any more than you are. You sir do not own this thread, and therefore do not get to decide who posts here. I for one welcome other points of view. If you don't, then gosh, I guess that's just tough. This is a message board.
    Those "renegades", eh, Grizz? Tough to keep em in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Is Grizz joking? His behaviour is so crazy I can't tell if it is an inside joke!
    Or is he actually taking the piss about this Dr?
    Or just obsessed with iodine and deluded this is his thread and his mission and he must lead the masses?
    But it is an inside joke, right?
    I wish it were a joke. It sure looks like one. I do believe that Grizz is sincere in his desire to help people but that he is listening to a few very questionable sources as if they were the word of god in his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    t2t, you are one of the ones I mean when I say that the high supplementation has helped some on this thread - you obviously feel that this regime has saved your life, and I think that this is wonderful.

But I do feel that many (most?) will be able to see benefits on smaller doses. My N=1 is that on a single drop of Lugol's 3%, three times a week, I seem to be benefiting. Yesterday I realised that I now have NO psoriasis on my body AT ALL. It improved a lot when I began primal almost 3 years ago. I think that D3, vitamin K mk 4 and 7, and iodine have all had an effect.
    I vote for breadsauce as the new king of this thread!

But seriously, this brings up an important point. Confounding variables. Many of us are changing our diets and lives in many ways at once as we adopt the primal lifestyle. It's hard to isolate one variable and say, "The iodine cured me". That is simplistic. Sure iodine is a part of a healthy diet. All those other factors are at work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Ferti,

Haw Haw that was the funniest thing I've seen all week, calling her Yuckbird !

Grizz
    How pathetic. Whose the Troll now?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Ferti,

Haw Haw that was the funniest thing I've seen all week, calling her Yuckbird !

Grizz
    How pathetic. If childish, abusive name calling is "the funniest thing I've seen all week", you're in a really bad way.

Iodine overdose, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi Breadsauce,

This is great to hear that your psoriasis has abated…!

BTW K2 mk4 is wonderful for the skin also! One to
    3 MILLIgrams a day seems to work great for many people
    across the net and with a tad (micrograms) of K2 mk7 too
    from blogs I have read.

t2t
    Thanks! I haven't been taking the Vitamin K mk4 / 7 very long, but either it, vitamin D3 or my low doses of Iodine have worked wonders on the last, stubborn outposts of psoriasis.

I also think my age spots on hands are lessening - although, it could just be that a developing tan is hiding them!

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    Why the hell are the pro-low dose iodine group belittling/mocking/degrading the pro-high dose iodine group and vice versa. Can we stop bitching about other people and stick to just talking about iodine and your experience on it. If you want to try iodine but are worried about taking it in too high a dose then stick to very small amounts of it, tell us if you get any benefits from it, I'd love to read about that. If you want to go higher because of an illness or something feel free to try that too, lots of people have positive experiences from doing that as well, just know the problems that could potentially arise. Its not like this thread has kept the hazards of high iodine dosing a secret, for example in Grizz's first post on the front page is a big picture of a rash. Why all the hate between the two camps? Like vegans vs paleo, we agree that iodine is great but you are a horrible person and will kill yourself because you believe you need to take iodine in a high/low amounts.

For me, I've seen great improvements in my menstrual cycle because of my iodine supplementation. For the first time ever this month I had no painful menstrual cramping. I've been taking iodine + the supplements for almost 3 months and i had some painful cramping in the first two months and I was supplementing with very low dose, about 0.5-4mg of iodine. Now, I've worked up to 12.5mg a my menstrual pain is gone. Some might tell me I'm too high, omg that's so unnatural I'm going to die, but I feel much better than before. I probably won't go any higher since I don't think I have a need for that much but that's up to me to decide. If I feel anything negative then I'll mention it, and I'd hope anyone else following this thread would mention their benefits/side effects so we all can be informed on peoples experiences on iodine whether that be in a high/low dose.