Page 364 of 415 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 364

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Excerpts from the latest Grizz wall of text:

[QUOTE]"Fibrocystic disease over decades of hormonal stimulation eventually tends to cause some cells to change to cancer cells. Lack of iodine causes fibrocystic disease, so women who have fibrocystic disease are susceptible to breast cancer."[QUOTE]

"Tends"? "Some"? Get some quantifiable data in here if you want to call yourself a doctor, Dr. Derry. Oh, that's right, you only want to sell your book to frightened women.

[QUOTE]"This is part of a general thesis that iodine and thyroid hormone act as a team to provide a constant surveillance against abnormal cell development, chemicals that are carcinogenic and the spread of cancer cells within the body."[QUOTE]

Asserting a "general thesis" is not proof of anything.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Except these are not really medical books, are they? So finding on the internet is what you are complaining of Grizz and his obvious passion.

LJ
    *sigh* Go to your local university library and look it up for yourself then.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Grizz;685698]OK I have found the ULTIMATE Guide to Iodine for our good health by Dr. Brownstein. This video is a MUST WATCH, and well worth every minute of the time spent watching it.
    Iodine - The Misunderstood Nutrient (David Brownstein) - Full Length - YouTube
    Well, I just started to watch this video, reached this Galileo posturing ... and not surprisingly I am fuming. Can someone explain to the good doctor who ... Copernicus ... was? Copernicus, Galileo, what the difference? Another example of American historical soup.
    Last edited by anna5; 07-22-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Paleobird,
    The results speak for themselves. Iodine CURES Fibrocystic Breasts. Are going to call all of the women who reported these amazing results LIARS?

Their success stories mean far more than you TROLLING this thread.

You just read Ferti's wonderful report. Are you going to call her a LIAR?

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY ARE YOU SO INTENT ON DISRUPTING THIS THREAD?

Does it BOTHER you that women are curing their fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Fibroids & Cysts? What is wrong with you?

Grizz

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Paleobird,
    The results speak for themselves. Iodine CURES Fibrocystic Breasts. Are going to call all of the women who reported these amazing results LIARS?

You just read Ferti's wonderful report. Are you going to call her a LIAR?

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY ARE YOU SO INTENT ON DISRUPTING THIS THREAD?

Does it BOTHER you that women are curing their fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Fibroids & Cysts? What is wrong with you?
    I have no problem with someone who believes their fibrocystic condition was cured by iodine. Yay Ferti! I'm glad you feel good.

I do have a problem with the unfounded assertion that iodine cures cancer. Because it doesn't.

If I am disrupting the mass rush of a bunch of overly gullible people to possibly over-supplement on a dangerous substance and making at least some of them stop and think for themselves instead of blindly believing a conspiracy theory spouting madman, good.

Do your own research folks. Grizz is not a reliable source.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Same boat...

I'm sure that there are valid and authentic positives to iodine...
    I have noted many myself, along with scientific evidence which backs those claims.

I have a problem with taking things as fact, such as the post from Dr. Derry, when there aren't even source citations given that indicate the research materials that were used to form his ideas on the subject (which is standard practice within the respectable medical community).

I wish that I hadn't been so sick this weekend.
    I really enjoyed the more open discussion in this thread while it lasted, and I would have liked to have posted more.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-22-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    *sigh* Go to your local university library and look it up for yourself then.
    And obviously you cannot be bothered to cite the actual facts yourself, when asked, because you have to go to the university library of your own. Yes, I think you are just satisfied to create a nuisance.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    PaleoBird & Cori,

There are only FACTS, as proven by many members of this forum. This is very simple, ladies. Iodine cures a Pandoras Box of health problems, most recently proven by Ferti.

So now stop trolling this thread already, and good riddance.

Can someone else chime in here to get rid of these PESTS?

Grizz

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    And obviously you cannot be bothered to cite the actual facts yourself, when asked, because you have to go to the university library of your own. Yes, I think you are just satisfied to create a nuisance.
    I cited internet medical texts. If you want hard bound books, that is up to you to go get them. I know the definitions of "cyst" vs. "cancer".

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    PaleoBird & Cori,

There are only FACTS, as proven by many members of this forum. This is very simple, ladies. Iodine cures a Pandoras Box of health problems, most recently proven by Ferti.

So now stop trolling this thread already, and good riddance.

Can someone else chime in here to get rid of these PESTS?

Grizz
    anecdote =/= scientific evidence

And I never said that ferti wasn't feeling better, only that cysts=/=cancer and that iodine does not cure cancer. Those are facts. I don't need to write it as FACTS because, well, facts speak for themselves. No drama needed.

And, like cori, I never said that iodine is not an important element of a heathy diet (however you choose to ingest yours).

Yep, Grizz, I suppose it is bothersome to be confronted with logic. Oh, well.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-22-2012 at 04:52 PM.