Page 355 of 415 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 355

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Primal Fuel
    PAYSAN, What an interesting story. I too have had good and bad experiences with doctors. I am lucky to be alive as I got to the e-room with hours to live before they gave me oxygen, stablized me, then put a replacement aorta valve in my heart. The doctor told me that held my heart in his hand and he got a good look at it. He said there were no blockages, just the bad valve. He also said the defect was congenital and could have gone bad any time, but this was perfect because I was in my early 40s and could handle the operation and the rehab better. A little older, maybe not as well, a little younger and the technology was not there.

It has left me with the need for warafin. In May, when I was newly without insurance, I unabashodly told my doctor I was only going to pay for one blood test to control the warafin. They told me get it done or find anew doctor.(Myway or the highway!) So as I was contemplating which way to go, 2 days latter, I got a registered letter I had to sign for. My office discharged me and made up excuses to base it on. So that has been the bad. It has all been since I came onto MDA that I have been a rebel. In the 18 month's since my stroke, I have seen the insides of too many hospital rooms. But since December when I had a meeting with my nuerologist, they put me on Actos, which made me incintinent and did nothing to control my fasting blood glucose, I quit it after finding the primal balance. My diabetes doc was fine with that and gave me permission to wean myself from Januvia. I am almost finished with that. So I have done nothing that has not been agreed upon by a doctor. My cholesterol was high, a(after starting on Primal Balance of course) I refused the statins. But this is not the first time I have refused them. I started taking cold(ish) showers, and that brought a need for less blood pressure medicine and for smaller pants.

All the changes in my life in the past 7 1/2 months are because I knew there was a natural food based solution to my type ii diabetes. That brought me to MDA. And for those pushing Grizz's buttons, I made the decision consciously and without the help of a knowledgeable doctor. Hmm, I am thinking jumbo shrimp and army intelligence. Most people are on this thread because they are seeking a better way to their own health. I like to think they are intelligent based on the way they write. Based on Grizz's discoveries, I am feeling better than I have in years. So I can't fault his Paul Revere style. I have been their way before and have created that kind of rhetoric and hubbub for my own entertainment or bemusement. Whatever their motivation, I find it boorish when two obvious well meaning folks start sniping at each other. Yeah Grizz has his style, so what. If you don't like it, send a private message. Airing dirty laundry like this makes everybody look poorly to outsiders and I think colors the participants on both sides poorly. So if an iodine newbie should get the wrong impression, both sides are at fault. But Grizz has spent more time looking stuff up than almost everybody on here. I get time to read half of the links he posts. I dare anyone to meet the dedication he has put into this thread. Be nice people.

Okay, ramble into a rambling rant over.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Well John, I was considerably older than you when my first heart attack occurred, but this was about a decade after a paralysing stroke put me in hospital for many weeks of recovery and therapy. That was my first experience with statins and blood thinners, each covered by our medical insurance, each discarded by me within short order by undesirable side effects. Since then, I've had a couple more heart attacks, obviously non-fatal (!) and the doc has prepared me to die any time. However, I went low carb over a decade ago and peeled off an unnecessary 80 lbs (gained back 12), and have always supplemented extensively. I have also tried various n=1 experiments, including my current iodine and leptin reset protocols. Oh yes, and icing my oversize love handles as a form of CT.! So if I fall silent on these lists, you'll know my experiments ended badly. And it won't be anyone's fault except mine. What is it they say? Too soon old, too late smart? That's me.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Hi Paysan,

Taking 8,000 IU’s to 10,000 IU’s of D3 at night only, in the last few months, has caused me to lose a total of 25 lbs. I had become Diabetic type 2 in 2010. My A1C was at 7.1. Not only has the D3 dropped my triglycerides to 125 but my A1C has now dropped to 6.1. One tenth away from the top-end of normal. Taking 10000 IU’s will bring me back to normal in a couple more weeks. I take magnesium malate and spray magnesium oil everyday too. I take K2-mk4 one MILLIgram, 3 times a day with a teaspoon of coconut oil. My wife uses olive oil in place of the coconut oil. K2-mk4 WILL force calcium into your teeth and bones where it belongs out of your arteries. (Note: if you are on blood thinners try and wait till you finish them before you start K2 therapy). Stay the course with the iodine and selenomethionine if you can.

This is my personal experience and I am just sharing some of my protocol.

Godspeed to some good health for you!

P.S. I am working on getting my HDL above 30. I know I need B12 5000mcgs a day with B6 and folic acid. The magic bullet is TMG which I just received in the mail earlier today, and it is taunted to amplify B12, B6 and folic acid in a profound way to raise HDL. Have noticed a surge of energy after taking it, within 45 minutes! The energy lasted most of the day... I have taken B12 in the past and never felt it.

t2t

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Princess,

Can you point the way to the info posted regarding thyroid meds preventing iodine from getting into our cells? I looked and couldn't find it.

Thanks,
    Gwynn

"Thyroid Hormones and Iodine. If you take supplemental thyroid hormones, you inhibit the ability of the body to absorb iodine. That is why they recommend to patients about to received radioactive-iodine scans that they go off all thyroid hormones for two to three weeks prior to the scan. Women who take thyroid hormones have a much higher risk of breast cancer than other women."

Post #3444 by Grizz

Then I edited this post to add this paragraph contained in the link from that original post:

"The thyroid hormones are synthesized in the follicular cells of the thyroid. The first step to hormonesynthesis is the import of iodide into the follicular cells. Thyroid hormone regulates mitochondrial protein synthesis through the stimulation of synthesis of mitochondrial protein synthesis modulators, and that the tissue specific modulators (stimulatory in liver and inhibitory in kidney) can be produced by the hormone.[xiv] Whole body iodine sufficiency is a critical means to counter the side effects of thyroid hormone medications (Synthroid, etc.). Long-term use of these drugs is associated with depletion of thyroid and tissue iodine levels, as well as increased rates of cancer. All thyroid patients should be on iodine therapy."

http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index...ersal_Medicine
    Last edited by DuhPrincess; 07-19-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Added a link and a quote for clarification

Grizz is offline Banned
    I'm going on a weekend trip to visit our son & grandson in their new house.

Don't let the TROLLS disrupt this great thread while I am away.

Grizz

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    @ Grizz - that is an unnecessarily inflammatory remark. It's about time you worked out what a troll is and realise that there aren't any on this thread - just some people who have opinions which aren't necessarily the same as yours. That doesn't make anyone a troll.
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-19-2012 at 04:00 AM.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Latest iodine skin patch test update (if anyone is interested!) . Painted a one inch patch at 10.00 a.m yesterday. When I went to bed at 10.00 pm, it was still clearly visible, and this morning at 7.30 there was still a very faint remnant - a sort of discoloured shadow. This is on one drop of Lugol's 3% three times a week in water, with brazil nuts, D3 and K2 as supplements.

I am fortunate not to have any of the problems which a lot of people on this thread have, and which they have been taking large doses of iodine for, so haven't felt the need for large amounts, but I am very pleased that the patch test is indicating that my iodine levels must be pretty good.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Hi Breadsauce,

Iím glad that you feel good on your low dose of Iodine each week. Good for you. Very glad that you take K2 for it is so good for helping to prevent plaque in the veins which leads to heart attacks, strokes, and dangerous leg clots. And the D3 is wonderful too. I tried for years to get my triglycerides down and D3 did it in 8 weeks. D3 also help me lose weight, as well as my handicapped daughter and my wife. (She lost over 30lbs). I would talk about studies that show over 80% of everyone is deficient in D3 but instead I will say that blood work showed my wife, my daughter and I were all low on D3. One of the family doctors I used to go too, started including the D3 blood test on all her patients after she witnessed firsthand what taking D3 did for me and my family.

About a year later as she went over my blood work I asked her what she personally thought about D3. She responded that almost everyone she tested was low on D3, even construction workers who spent all day out in the sun.

t2t

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Hi T2t, I've been taking 5000 D3 for upwards of a year, but then saw here that I need K-2. Again. So I reordered some, but it's MK-7. After due consideration for Dr. Kruse's preferences, I opted for the MK-7 because the only difference, AFAIK, is the much shorter life of the MK-4. Since I am loath to increase my pill regimen by any more than necessary (taking multiple hits of MK-4 daily), I'll stick with my old favourite. And now I'll be able to increase my D3, or at least, hope I get more benefit from it. And from the iodine and the leptin reset. My iodine patch disappears overnight, except on scar tissue.
    Last edited by Paysan; 07-19-2012 at 12:32 PM.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member

K2 mk4

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Paysan,

If at a later time you could change to the K2 mk4 I STRONGLY recommend it. I have taken the K2 mk7 and it doesn’t make your skin or gums or sinuses feel smooth like K2 Mk4.

Many people have allergies to the mk7 from the soy nuts, in the oil.

But anyhow if you can find a way to take 2 or 3 MILLIgrams once a night with your D3 you will be in for a pleasant surprise. Oh. And a tad of “olive oil or coconut oil”. (“They” help K2 to absorb better!)

t2t
    Last edited by t2t; 07-19-2012 at 01:40 PM.