Page 354 of 415 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 354

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    Based on my own personal experience, I would never jump up that high. I think it really depends on each person's level of toxicity, etc. As for starting small prolonging the pain - starting small is the only thing that has saved me from the pain of detox symptoms! Since I have been going low and slow, I have been feeling GREAT! It's only when I have jumped up too high that I've experienced negative reactions - brain fog, depression, anxiety, feelings of hopelessness, bloating, broderma, the stink of bromines being released!
    HOWEVER, for those who are very sick, getting into the high doses very quickly may be necessary, and worth dealing with the detox symptoms. Luckily, I am not battling any serious illnesses, I just have a few niggling health issues that I'd like to resolve, but I have the luxury of taking my time.
    Thank you for your opinion. In the example I gave, Zophie was suffering severe fibrocystic Breasts AND fibroids so she needed to get to max quickly. Suffering from her health problems likely exceeded any suffering from potential detox. Ditto for the amazing posts in the JDW story.

For people like this, it is really great to know about Trappers Research. Woops, Cori will complain about the word Research. Better to say Trappers proven & tried Experimentation ;--)) Does this meet with your approval, Cori?

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Personal attacks because I simply pointed out that you misrepresented personal experimentation as "research"?

I did not say anything negative about Trapper at all... except that he is not a doctor and is just an anonymous person, which is simply an accurate observation, and that encouraging the use of his new way of doing things goes against your own mantra of "Follow the Brownstein protocol" as has been specified many, many times in this thread.

I'm not being negative at all IMO.
    I'd simply like to see the information that is posted here labeled correctly as what it is, either actual scientific research OR n=1 experiment/anecdote.

I believe that labeling things correctly will help the people who visit this thread distinguish different the types of information presented based on validity, and help them in their decision making process.
    Appropriate labeling of information as either science based evidence or n=1 anecdote is something that is encouraged in most every discussion on this forum, unless it is noted in the topic that is purely an opinion based subject matter.
    I see that as a positive.
    Let me say it again. Put the Grizz on Ignore.

I is what I is, take it or leave it and stop nit-picking.
    Kapish?

I am not going to put up with your constant nit picking. So either YOU go on ignore or you put the Grizz on ignore.

You need to go to this Science Based Website ASAP. You will NEVER be happy here.
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/IodineResearch/
    Or go join with Justaseeker's Iodine Group here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...l#gmessage6724

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-18-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Thanks for this info, t2t. I actually read this recently when I was researching candida, which I suspect I have. This is one of the things that I'm looking to resolve by taking iodine. At the rate I'm going, it will take me a long time to reach those amounts! Luckily I don't believe my case is nearly as bad as the patients that Truss was treating. I have also been trying to follow an anti-candida diet, which means no sugar of any kind, even from natural sources, along with a few other restrictions. I did it strictly for 3 weeks and saw some improvements. Hopefully the combination of the diet and the iodine over time will get me cleared up!
    HappyPaleoGirl,
    That file from T2T is so amazing that I have been reading it all afternoon.
    IS MOST DISEASE CAUSED BY THE MEDICAL SYSTEM

I'm also sending it out to everyone on my Email List.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, T2T
    You are my HERO !

Grizz

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    I'm on board with the legal disclaimer you posted, Grizz. I think you've given enough warnings throughout this thread so that any newbie should be well aware that they are on their own using Iodine. And I say you are officially "off the hook" so you can relax now. You've done all you can to educate and warn the readers here.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him walk on it.

I went to my chiropractor yesterday and asked him what he thought about Iodine. First thing he said was that he has to warn people that too much iodine can be toxic. Now this is a chiro whom I generally trust. He is the first one who directed me to Dr Mercola's site. Of course, Mercola isn't big on iodine either. Until Mercola sells Iodine, he won't be big on it either. So I didn't bother telling him how much Iodoral I use. No point.

My chiro is amazed at how much I've changed/improved in the last 5 years including losing 100 lbs. He was even impressed at my neck xray (which I reluctantly agreed to since it had been many years since my last xray following 2 bad neck injuries) which showed no degeneration issues or bone spurs at all even though I'm 51. He showed me a recent xray of a 10 year old patient with more serious issues than I have. I do need to work on my upper cervical curve a bit but otherwise he was thrilled with my overall state of health.

So when it comes to doctors, many of us have found this thread because doctors have failed us--whether intentionally or out of ignorance--it doesn't matter. I suffered needlessly from hypothyroidism for YEARS because most doctors (including endocrinologists) are clueless about how to properly diagnose it.

So I am very interested in the info you posted yesterday about thyroid meds preventing iodine from getting into our cells. I am taking T3 only--25 mcg's twice a day. I have tried reducing my dose since starting Iodoral but I could tell I was dragging without it so I resumed taking it. I'm going to try reducing my dose to 25 mcg's once per day to see if anything has changed now that I've been at the higher doses of Iodoral for a few months now. I'm still at 100 mg's per day of Iodoral plus all the companion supplements. I put Real Salt in fresh lemonade each day and I tolerate it well taking it that way. Otherwise, even salt in a capsule will make me gag once it hits my stomach. I've had only a few detox symptoms since starting Iodoral and they were more strange than painful. Old injuries flared briefly such as my neck started to hurt again for a day. It felt like I just gotten a whiplash injury again even though I didn't. Then it stopped hurting just as quickly as it started. My feeling is that as the iodine reaches areas that have been previously injured and inflamed, it detoxes the halides that accumulated in those cells when they were swollen following the injury. But that's just a feeling--not a scientific study.
    Princess,

Can you point the way to the info posted regarding thyroid meds preventing iodine from getting into our cells? I looked and couldn't find it.

Thanks,
    Gwynn

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Personal attacks because I simply pointed out that you misrepresented personal experimentation as "research"?

I did not say anything negative about Trapper at all... except that he is not a doctor and is just an anonymous person, which is simply an accurate observation, and that encouraging the use of his new way of doing things goes against your own mantra of "Follow the Brownstein protocol" as has been specified many, many times in this thread.

I'm not being negative at all IMO.
    I'd simply like to see the information that is posted here labeled correctly as what it is, either actual scientific research OR n=1 experiment/anecdote.

I believe that labeling things correctly will help the people who visit this thread distinguish different the types of information presented based on validity, and help them in their decision making process.
    Appropriate labeling of information as either science based evidence or n=1 anecdote is something that is encouraged in most every discussion on this forum, unless it is noted in the topic that is purely an opinion based subject matter.
    Totally right. Your posts are so necessary. Thank you.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Totally right. Your posts are so necessary. Thank you.
    believe that labeling things correctly will help the people who visit this thread distinguish different the types of information presented based on validity, and help them in their decision making process.
    You ladies just worry about labelling YOUR OWN messages correctly.

Do not even think of nit picking other members messages.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-18-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=t2t;904015]@Radialhead,

@Breadsauce

Thank you for pointing out that I misspelled the V word in the Dr Truss post. I posted why, in the why box.

@Paleogirl Thank you for pointing out, that Breadsauce pointed out my misspelled word. You are quite Astute! As to Doctors, my heart doctors worked hard to kill me. On my own I have searched relentlessly to find a way to clean out my arteries. I have 3 stents. IODINE, SELENOMETHIONINE, D3, K2- MK4, and MAGNESIUM have been life changing for me. I have taken iodine for almost 5 years and I just NOW am taking more cofactors. I am not telling anyone too, not see Doctors. Endquote:

T2t, I am really pleased that simple nutrition has been so good to and for you. But even I, a medic skeptic, feel it is unfair to blame doctors for the lifestyle/genetics that landed you in their care and caused you to need 3 stents. Would you have lived long enough to let nutrition heal you w/o those stents? I am somewhat in that same boat now, except that my docs aren't offering stents for my "diffuse artery clogs." Like you, I am reading and applying as much nutritional info as possible to somehow clear those clogs, of which iodine is only part of the picture, and hope I clear enough to avoid the Big One (fatal heart attack.) If not, I can't blame my docs since I refused statins, and assorted heart meds, and lately, b/p meds. Not being totally suicidal (by their lights), I take a panopoly of supplements and am adding still more. And staying off the worst CW foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Yes. Obviously.
    Hahahahah! What a comedian. I will go to a doctor for 1.diagnosis. 2. Helpful information. I go to the Internet for the same. When the two are greatly at odds in their treatment protocol, then my B.S, sniffer comes into play. Which treatment or treatments has the potential for greatest harm? Which one will fix the problem either permanently, or control it enough for other means to finish it off? Which promoter uses science instead of a pillpusher salesman as a basis for recommendations?
    At the end of it all, I may choose the doctor. But I won't sue him for adverse results - as I've told him, he's the navigator and can warn me of shoals ahead, but I am the captain, and I make the decisions.

Based on my own personal experience, I would never jump up that high. I think it really depends on each person's level of toxicity, etc. As for starting small prolonging the pain - starting small is the only thing that has saved me from the pain of detox symptoms! Since I have been going low and slow, I have been feeling GREAT! It's only when I have jumped up too high that I've experienced negative reactions - brain fog, depression, anxiety, feelings of hopelessness, bloating, broderma, the stink of bromines being released!
    HOWEVER, for those who are very sick, getting into the high doses very quickly may be necessary, and worth dealing with the detox symptoms. Luckily, I am not battling any serious illnesses, I just have a few niggling health issues that I'd like to resolve, but I have the luxury of taking my time.
    And for those with serious issues, too much detox too fast can tip them into heart failure, damaged kidneys and toxic liver. I started small and have worked my way up to 8 drops 2% Lugol's per day, and have been fighting intestinal and heart symptoms in a mild way. Even mild is all I can handle, having me sit up most nights with nitro handy. And I've been at this 8+ weeks.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member

Heart issues and iodine

Hey Paysan,

I am sorry to hear that you have heart issues too. On my first heart attack I had two stents put in and yes my lifestyle working 60 to 80 hours a week was bad. I wasn’t aware until much later that I was eating and drinking foods, and beverages that had “fluoride and bromine” in them. (“FDA , governments” fault on that one) I had only 3% damage on that first heart attack. My wife and I were making contributions monthly so we could have two insurances. Again I went back to some bad habits but not at first. The doctors that got paid a 100% of their fees NEVER mentioned that statins depleted one’s coQ10 which feeds the heart muscle.

The blood thinners they put me on causes one’s Vitamin K to deplete. (No K2 for me) The daily aspirin regimen does the same. And I could go on and on, on other fun side effects too. BTW my cholesterol was 167 on the first heart attack so why put me on cholesterol meds anyway??? Through the years I went to several heart doctors in three different Groups. Not one ever mentioned that hey, you should be on coQ10. I made the mistake of trusting them and their many YEARS of experience so 4 years later I had a Major heart attack that destroyed over 60% of my heart muscle. My cholesterol was 156 at the time of the 2nd heart attack.

What did the good heart doctors do this time? They doubled my meds and keep asking me to get a 75,000 dollar defibrillator implanted. My EF was 25% right after the 2nd heart attack. 30% or less is considered a listing by social security disability.

BTW if you quit taking the prescribed meds that the doctors give you, you will be denied your disability because SSD says that you are being non-compliant. I would work 5 more years before I finally got my SSD. I worked for 36 years total but they work very hard to deny you. (Long STORY)

Iodine and selenomethionine are the only things that allowed me to work. I added D3 later than K2 and so on.
    I will have to go back to the heart doctors at a later time, to get some tests run, for my own scrutiny but more than likely I WON’T take ANY of the meds they will ask me too. Why bother? I’ve got IODINE and company!
    I now go to a very kind family doctor, who gives me whatever I rarely need.

t2t
    Last edited by t2t; 07-18-2012 at 07:22 PM.