Page 352 of 415 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 352

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Grizz, thanks for the JDW recaps. They were and still are interesring and informative posts.

I have had little or no detox getting to 50 mg, even on days where I miss my supplements. Yesterday, I started my jump to 100mg. I added 5 additional drops of 2% Lugols to my second cup of coffee. I am finishing up moving, so I decided to finish the jump with another 5 drop jump this weekend. Like you say, I don't want to miss work with nasty detox. My third jump of 5 drops will come next week when I can afford to experience any detox. When I did actually did go to a real job, I was able to power through most health issues that were not contagious.

LJ
    John,
    I am thrilled for you. Have you noticed any further improvements in your health? I have been at 150mg all month so far. 100 mg in the morning & 50mg in the evening. That is coming from 3-50mg iodoral and 3-ATF Cofactors capsules. I can report on it now. After almost 3 weeks at 150mg the return of sensitivity to my Glans was more than a flash in the pan. It is now permanent.

Yup, JDW's story is sure interesting. Having it all in one place helps a lot too. JDW was the first in our group to take an aggressive approach to iodine. We learned a lot from her experiences. She was also the first to expose how grossly incompetent doctors can be about the thyroid & iodine. One of her stories just floored me - she walks into her doctors office with a SWOLLEN THYROID & all the symptoms of hypothyroid, and her doctor exclaims she is perfectly normal? DUH ! Swollen Thyroid? DUH! And he STILL can't figure out what to do? Her T3,T4 & TSH were "Normal" therefore she is in perfect health. How can a doctor not know what to do about a swollen thyroid? It seems to be outrageous. I'm going to ask this question to my friend Dr. Kruse to see what he says.

Posting that JDW story was the last big thing on my agenda. I'm going to spend the next 6 months writing magazine articles on iodine. The last 6 months were a Blast

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-18-2012 at 08:02 AM.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    I'm on board with the legal disclaimer you posted, Grizz. I think you've given enough warnings throughout this thread so that any newbie should be well aware that they are on their own using Iodine. And I say you are officially "off the hook" so you can relax now. You've done all you can to educate and warn the readers here.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him walk on it.

I went to my chiropractor yesterday and asked him what he thought about Iodine. First thing he said was that he has to warn people that too much iodine can be toxic. Now this is a chiro whom I generally trust. He is the first one who directed me to Dr Mercola's site. Of course, Mercola isn't big on iodine either. Until Mercola sells Iodine, he won't be big on it either. So I didn't bother telling him how much Iodoral I use. No point.

My chiro is amazed at how much I've changed/improved in the last 5 years including losing 100 lbs. He was even impressed at my neck xray (which I reluctantly agreed to since it had been many years since my last xray following 2 bad neck injuries) which showed no degeneration issues or bone spurs at all even though I'm 51. He showed me a recent xray of a 10 year old patient with more serious issues than I have. I do need to work on my upper cervical curve a bit but otherwise he was thrilled with my overall state of health.

So when it comes to doctors, many of us have found this thread because doctors have failed us--whether intentionally or out of ignorance--it doesn't matter. I suffered needlessly from hypothyroidism for YEARS because most doctors (including endocrinologists) are clueless about how to properly diagnose it.

So I am very interested in the info you posted yesterday about thyroid meds preventing iodine from getting into our cells. I am taking T3 only--25 mcg's twice a day. I have tried reducing my dose since starting Iodoral but I could tell I was dragging without it so I resumed taking it. I'm going to try reducing my dose to 25 mcg's once per day to see if anything has changed now that I've been at the higher doses of Iodoral for a few months now. I'm still at 100 mg's per day of Iodoral plus all the companion supplements. I put Real Salt in fresh lemonade each day and I tolerate it well taking it that way. Otherwise, even salt in a capsule will make me gag once it hits my stomach. I've had only a few detox symptoms since starting Iodoral and they were more strange than painful. Old injuries flared briefly such as my neck started to hurt again for a day. It felt like I just gotten a whiplash injury again even though I didn't. Then it stopped hurting just as quickly as it started. My feeling is that as the iodine reaches areas that have been previously injured and inflamed, it detoxes the halides that accumulated in those cells when they were swollen following the injury. But that's just a feeling--not a scientific study.

Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    I'm on board with the legal disclaimer you posted, Grizz.
    So if I go to my physician with this info on iodine and she tells me not to do it, does that mean I shouldn't try it? Or should I ignore my doctor?

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    So if I go to my physician with this info on iodine and she tells me not to do it, does that mean I shouldn't try it? Or should I ignore my doctor?
    If your doctor told you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge with him, would you do it?

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I would say that the meaning of the disclaimer and the princess's story is: Make up your own mind. You are an adult and hopefully can process this information.

My take is to use the doctor for life threatening injuries and illnesses. And if you follow any iodine supplementation protocul, one that seems right for you, you have already bi-passed medical conventional wisdom. Again, you have made an adult decision, because of the way you have processed this information.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I would say that the meaning of the disclaimer and the princess's story is: Make up your own mind. You are an adult and hopefully can process this information.
    So if I am making up my own mind, why bother to even visit the doctor?

As I said before, I understand this is CYA. Let's just call it like it is: Grizz is telling people he has some esoteric protocol (people using iodine without following the exact prescription could wind up in the hospital; most doctors are not behind the protocol), so in essence, he's saying to ignore your physician. That's not the same thing as making up your own mind; you've likely made up your mind prior to visiting the physician.

Make up your own mind, but here are a thousand links on why your doctor is wrong. Really, what's the point?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Finnegan,
    That legal disclaimer is there purely to protect members of of this group & MDA from some overzealous lawyer. The disclaimer is strictly a CYA procedure. It makes no difference whether the doctor is good, bad incompetent.

Grizz

If your doctor told you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge with him, would you do it?
    Yes. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Finnegan,
    That legal disclaimer is there purely to protect members of of this group & MDA from some overzealous lawyer. Strictly a CYA procedure. It makes no difference whether the doctor is good, bad incompetent.

Grizz
    Fine.

That was all.

Whether good, bad, or ugly is beside the point. The point is that it's a CYA phrase, 100%. Let's just keep things honest, right? Right.

Grizz is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm on board with the legal disclaimer you posted, Grizz. I think you've given enough warnings throughout this thread so that any newbie should be well aware that they are on their own using Iodine. And I say you are officially "off the hook" so you can relax now. You've done all you can to educate and warn the readers here.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him walk on it.

I went to my chiropractor yesterday and asked him what he thought about Iodine. First thing he said was that he has to warn people that too much iodine can be toxic. Now this is a chiro whom I generally trust. He is the first one who directed me to Dr Mercola's site. Of course, Mercola isn't big on iodine either. Until Mercola sells Iodine, he won't be big on it either. So I didn't bother telling him how much Iodoral I use. No point.

My chiro is amazed at how much I've changed/improved in the last 5 years including losing 100 lbs. He was even impressed at my neck xray (which I reluctantly agreed to since it had been many years since my last xray following 2 bad neck injuries) which showed no degeneration issues or bone spurs at all even though I'm 51. He showed me a recent xray of a 10 year old patient with more serious issues than I have. I do need to work on my upper cervical curve a bit but otherwise he was thrilled with my overall state of health.

So when it comes to doctors, many of us have found this thread because doctors have failed us--whether intentionally or out of ignorance--it doesn't matter. I suffered needlessly from hypothyroidism for YEARS because most doctors (including endocrinologists) are clueless about how to properly diagnose it.

So I am very interested in the info you posted yesterday about thyroid meds preventing iodine from getting into our cells. I am taking T3 only--25 mcg's twice a day. I have tried reducing my dose since starting Iodoral but I could tell I was dragging without it so I resumed taking it. I'm going to try reducing my dose to 25 mcg's once per day to see if anything has changed now that I've been at the higher doses of Iodoral for a few months now. I'm still at 100 mg's per day of Iodoral plus all the companion supplements. I put Real Salt in fresh lemonade each day and I tolerate it well taking it that way. Otherwise, even salt in a capsule will make me gag once it hits my stomach. I've had only a few detox symptoms since starting Iodoral and they were more strange than painful. Old injuries flared briefly such as my neck started to hurt again for a day. It felt like I just gotten a whiplash injury again even though I didn't. Then it stopped hurting just as quickly as it started. My feeling is that as the iodine reaches areas that have been previously injured and inflamed, it detoxes the halides that accumulated in those cells when they were swollen following the injury. But that's just a feeling--not a scientific study.
    Princess,
    Thank you for the update ! I'm glad you like our disclaimer.

Putting salt into lemonade is a great tip. I'm going to put that into the Iodine References in the Salt section.

As Dr. Kruse said when I asked him, doctors are trained to treat symptoms by the book, they have zero incentive to CURE problems. Curing problems are not in a doctor's vocabulary and not in their books. Treat Symptoms - end of subject. Disease prevention is our own responsibility.

Just read this shocking document provided to us many thanks to T2T. I just posted this into Iodine References under Disease.
    AR
    E MOST DISEASES CAUSED BY THE MEDICAL SYSTEM?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-18-2012 at 11:18 AM.