Page 349 of 415 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 349

  1. #3481
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Account closed
    Posts
    1,534
    Primal Fuel
    But Cori, once people are given the freedom to make choices from available information, where does it end?

    It's a dangerous precedent, people making up their own minds and analyzing data for themselves.

    I scared.

  2. #3482
    Hoss2626's Avatar
    Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    John,

    Would you like to volunteer to be the cop in this thread to insure members don't send themselves to the hospital?
    Would someone else like to do this? I will be very happy to see someone else watch over the newbees to help prevent a disaster. Too bad we have to do this, but we see how poorly people follow directions.

    Sorry but the goal is not to get everyone on iodine. The goal is to help those who decide to start iodine do it correctly so they don't lose work or end up in the hospital. My Iodine References File is not working.
    Neither is the Iodine 101 file.

    Newbees simply do not want to follow directions. What is your best answer to this problem?

    Grizz
    People are adults, responsible for their own actions. Period. You are not the Iodine police. You have communicated the risks clearly. If people want to deviate from Dr. Brownstein's protocol and subsequently get sick, what is that to you? They get to choose what and how. Personally, I titrated up faster than the recommended amounts/time period and I am doing just fine.

    I do have a followup question for you: So are you ok driving away people who might otherwise benefit from Iodine, as long as you can continue with your harsh manner and posts? It appears that you care more about your (harsh) way of communicating than helping others. Not saying this is the case, but that is how it appears.

    I would really like an answer to the question above. Either "Yes, I am ok with that" or "No, I am not ok with that and maybe I need to rethink my communication style" will do.

    I also realize that Paleobird kind of went after you a bit, but now it appears you are completely defensive. Again (and last time), I hope you take a little time off and consider how your manner of posting might be turning people away that otherwise would benefit from some Iodine supplementation.

    I am now going back to lurker mode (like most of the people who are reading this thread and trying out some Iodine.)

  3. #3483
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    But Cori, once people are given the freedom to make choices from available information, where does it end?

    It's a dangerous precedent, people making up their own minds and analyzing data for themselves.

    I scared.
    vanadium?

    and yep, i take iodine. 2 drops of 2% and i take a full spectrum multi

    why do i take iodine? because by golly and by gosh, i read this thread
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

  4. #3484
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    People are adults, responsible for their own actions. Period. You are not the Iodine police. You have communicated the risks clearly. If people want to deviate from Dr. Brownstein's protocol and subsequently get sick, what is that to you? They get to choose what and how. Personally, I titrated up faster than the recommended amounts/time period and I am doing just fine.

    I do have a followup question for you: So are you ok driving away people who might otherwise benefit from Iodine, as long as you can continue with your harsh manner and posts? It appears that you care more about your (harsh) way of communicating than helping others. Not saying this is the case, but that is how it appears.

    I would really like an answer to the question above. Either "Yes, I am ok with that" or "No, I am not ok with that and maybe I need to rethink my communication style" will do.

    I also realize that Paleobird kind of went after you a bit, but now it appears you are completely defensive. Again (and last time), I hope you take a little time off and consider how your manner of posting might be turning people away that otherwise would benefit from some Iodine supplementation.

    I am now going back to lurker mode (like most of the people who are reading this thread and trying out some Iodine.)
    I think that everyone is in agreement that there is sufficient warnings in Message 7
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post675468

    that we can end the verbal warnings to newbee members. They are on their own if they don't read the instructions. If they get into trouble they have themselves to blame. Does everyone agree with this policy?

    Grizz

  5. #3485
    mom5booklover's Avatar
    mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    John, Oxide & other long term members,

    This is a serious question. Do we let everyone do iodine THEIR WAY (by gosh & by golly) and if they end up in the hospital tell them they should have followed documented doctors orders? Breadsauce is our prime renegade example here.


    I have just modified message #7 to make this happen. If a new member fails to read this message then they are on their own risk. Does everyone like this message? Any suggestions?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post675468

    Lets all talk about this.
    Grizz
    I believe you have done all that you can do to warn people. Thankfully they are free to make thier own health decisions for the most part. If they choose not to listen to your advice then that is thier choice. We do not have to police anyone as we are all grown ups and can hopefully all read. You have posted the prodicle that Dr. Brownstein advocates many many times. There is no reason for you to take it personally when someone chooses not to take your advice. As you know most of us have gained a level of distrust when it comes to mainstream........everything. We all tend to expirement on ourselves regarding diet, excercise, sleep, cold water therapy, and yes supplements. There is no reason why you should feel responsible for any of us as we have chosen to come to MDA and to this thread on our own. Take a chill pill and do what you do best. Put the info out there for people to see.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

  6. #3486
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

    Disclaimer:
    ==============
    ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
    If you use anything on this site without the guidance of a qualified health professional, it is at your own risk and responsibility.
    All information posted in this document is provided for educational purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice. Only a licensed medical doctor can legally offer medical advice in the United States. These articles and text are simply a collection of information that is in the public domain; they should not be construed as representations or claims by Marks Daily Apple.com or of its members. No claims whatsoever can be made as to the specific benefits that might result from the use of any of the suggested nutrients, supports, opinions, supplements, articles and or applications. The information in this guide is offered without warranty, either express or implied and techniques described herein should not be employed to treat any serious ailment without prior consultation with a qualified healthcare professional..This document is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. For your own personal health, always consult with a qualified doctor or healthcare practitioner.

    Grizz
    I find this disclaimer interesting and somewhat troubling due to the fact that so much of what has been posted in this thread is also scare tactic propaganda telling people that most doctors in the medical profession and government are out to actually make people sick on purpose.
    You are telling people to see a doctor, but never trust doctors at the same time.
    I have even read in this thread where you have advised people to disregard what their doctor says about prescription medication for a medically diagnosed Thyroid condition. Very troubling behavior.
    Inconsistent much?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  7. #3487
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I find this disclaimer interesting and somewhat troubling due to the fact that so much of what has been posted in this thread is also scare tactic propaganda telling people that most doctors in the medical profession and government are out to actually make people sick on purpose.
    You are telling people to see a doctor, but never trust doctors at the same time.
    I have even read in this thread where you have advised people to disregard what their doctor says about prescription medication for a medically diagnosed Thyroid condition. Very troubling behavior.
    Inconsistent much?
    Troubling or not, the disclaimer is a legal requirement to protect MDA and members. What you and I think of doctors does not matter one iota. Legal disclaimers are a fact of life. The legal disclaimer is telling people to see their doctor. Do you like message 7 or not? If not, why not?

    Grizz

  8. #3488
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    I believe you have done all that you can do to warn people. Thankfully they are free to make thier own health decisions for the most part. If they choose not to listen to your advice then that is thier choice. We do not have to police anyone as we are all grown ups and can hopefully all read. You have posted the prodicle that Dr. Brownstein advocates many many times. There is no reason for you to take it personally when someone chooses not to take your advice. As you know most of us have gained a level of distrust when it comes to mainstream........everything. We all tend to expirement on ourselves regarding diet, excercise, sleep, cold water therapy, and yes supplements. There is no reason why you should feel responsible for any of us as we have chosen to come to MDA and to this thread on our own. Take a chill pill and do what you do best. Put the info out there for people to see.
    So it is written & so it shall be done. Do you like message # 7?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post675468

    Does anyone NOT like message #7. This represents our new policy.

    Grizz

  9. #3489
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Account closed
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Troubling or not, the disclaimer is a legal requirement to protect MDA and members. What you and I think of doctors does not matter one iota. Legal disclaimers are a fact of life. The legal disclaimer is telling people to see their doctor. Do you like message 7 or not? If not, why not?

    Grizz
    So what's the purpose of consulting with their doctor if the doctor is dispensing inaccurate information? Or should people listen to their physicians even if it means ignoring the Brownstein protocol?

    Are you really just giving people legal fine print that *wink, wink* they're supposed to ignore? Or do you not really stand behind what you're saying here? Because it sounds as though you're asking people to hop into Cognitive Dissonance Land and buy two conflicting prescriptions, one where the Miracle of Iodine cures all ills, and one where the Conspiracy of Conniving Physicians (who are against iodine) will somehow offer wisdom to guide the true seeker who comes to said physician with questions about iodine.

    Let's cut to the chase. You're saying that doctors are worthless and you're just doing a bit of CYA. OK, we get it.

  10. #3490
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Troubling or not, the disclaimer is a legal requirement to protect MDA and members. What you and I think of doctors does not matter one iota. Legal disclaimers are a fact of life. The legal disclaimer is telling people to see their doctor. Do you like message 7 or not? If not, why not?

    Grizz
    I specifically stated that the legal disclaimer is at issue because you are professing that by taking any iodine and not following the exact protocol you recommend that people will end up hospitalized. So you have a medical disclaimer which tells people to see their doctor, but also tell people many times in this thread to never trust doctors.
    The "consult a physician" part seems to be at great odds with the "never trust a doctor part".

    I do not agree with "message 7" because of all of the information hidden behind links.
    I might find some value in it if all of that information were upfront. And if equal time were given to the doctors who have concerns about the harmful effects of high dose iodine supplementation.
    As it stands you seem to base the entirety of your arguments against what other respected doctors have to say on the information of just a couple of cherry picked doctors that you agree with.
    Also... the tone of your writing is ridiculously inflammatory at times with the emboldened statements and bright colors. It looks like a side show snake oil salesmen wrote the pitch.
    Alarmist propaganda is just misleading. And what I'm seeing is alarmist propaganda.
    Over reaching claims are simply overreaching claims. Pandemics! And a list of vague symptoms as long as my arm... Statistics that are not based anywhere near reality... like the 90% of women have fibrocistic breast disease and that it leads directly to breast cancer (this statistic is grossly out of line with actual scientific studies).

    Good honest information doesn't need to be so fraught with drama.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-17-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •