Page 347 of 415 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 347

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    Wow... just wow.

First off Grizz, thank you for your research regarding Iodine. I am thinking that you are right on with many of the benefits of Iodine supplementation, and I applaud your zeal in trying to get the information out there. It is obvious that you are genuinely concerned about people and want to get the information out to as many as possible.

Second off Grizz, it appears to me that you do not listen to anyone but take your own council regarding your communications with others. You do come off as a bully at times, rude at other times. I am afraid that, at this point, you are alienating most of the people whom you might help (I am talking about curious people simply checking out this thread.) Although based on your recent postings I doubt you will pause to consider this, I am humbly asking that you do pause to consider your tone and manner and how it is affecting your credibility. Why not let Iodine have center stage instead of your ego?

Third off Grizz, I suggest that you stop submitting troll reports, especially against well respected members of this community (Paleobird.) I can imagine a point where someone over-reporting trolling behavior will himself be censored by the moderators.

Finally, I write these things out of respect for you and appreciation for your desire to help people learn about Iodine and its many benefits. You should consider walking away from this discussion for a week to think about how you are coming across to others, and especially those you are trying to reach.

I hope you consider what I have said.
    Matt
    A very kind, thoughtful and sensitive response. Thank you.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Hoss2626

Wow... just wow.

First off Grizz, thank you for your research regarding Iodine. I am thinking that you are right on with many of the benefits of Iodine supplementation, and I applaud your zeal in trying to get the information out there. It is obvious that you are genuinely concerned about people and want to get the information out to as many as possible.

Second off Grizz, it appears to me that you do not listen to anyone but take your own council regarding your communications with others. You do come off as a bully at times, rude at other times. I am afraid that, at this point, you are alienating most of the people whom you might help (I am talking about curious people simply checking out this thread.) Although based on your recent postings I doubt you will pause to consider this, I am humbly asking that you do pause to consider your tone and manner and how it is affecting your credibility. Why not let Iodine have center stage instead of your ego?

Third off Grizz, I suggest that you stop submitting troll reports, especially against well respected members of this community (Paleobird.) I can imagine a point where someone over-reporting trolling behavior will himself be censored by the moderators.

Finally, I write these things out of respect for you and appreciation for your desire to help people learn about Iodine and its many benefits. You should consider walking away from this discussion for a week to think about how you are coming across to others, and especially those you are trying to reach.

Matt
    A very kind, thoughtful and sensitive response. Thank you.
    +1 Grizz, I agree with these posts. It is time to take a break from your desire to see everyone take iodine. Your antagonists do have everyone else's interests at heart and I think your all inclusive attitude as to your opinion rubs them the wrong way.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    Hoss,
    I will address your question. Do I sometimes act like a BULLY? Yes absolutely I do. And for very good reasons.

This thread is about SERIOUS BUSINESS regarding the Thyroid. If instructions are not followed regarding the REQUIRED supplements, then I become the bully. As a group we simply do not want to see anyone going to the hospital with a thyroid storm. We don't want people losing days or weeks of work because they got seriously sick from not following the Dr Supported Iodine Protocol.

Yes I tell people to take the required co-supplements and they sometimes refuse. So Then I tell them they are free to do anything they want at their own risk. And they go into a hissy fit.

We are not talking about a simple vitamin supplement or mineral supplement here. We are discussing the THYROID, and serious conditions of Hypothyroid, Hyperthyroid, in addition to Hashimotos Disease & thyroid nodules. NOTHING IS MORE SERIOUS when it comes to following directions. This is why we need a doctor supported protocol to follow.

As a group we must all do whatever is required to prevent one of our members from getting sick. Does someone have a better iodine protocol? OK, name the doctor promoting it and spell out the details. We don't have any doctors as members, so we must insist on a doctor supported protocol for all members. Sorry if some people don't like it. Either follow a doctor directed protocol, or don't take iodine at all. Very simple. If no one else will stand up, then I will.

I will also report all trolls and I don't care what their names are. Paleobird and her troll buddies have no right to be so rude, insensitive and calling people names. We sufferered a terrible Troll Attack in part because I didn't report them immediately. No more Mr. Nice Guy for me.

The next time we have a Troll Attack, all participants will be reported. We are not going to put up with the insanity over the past few days. People can be civil. I have been here for YEARS and I have never reported anyone. I have also never seen such horrible insensitivity, name calling, and disgusting behavior. It reminded me of a wolf pack attack.

We are all here to learn about a VERY COMPLEX subject, not to fight with TROLLS. What is Paleobird & her Troll Buddies doing over here in this thread at all? She has ZERO interest in iodine and the same is true of her Troll Buddies. The reason they came over here was to create havoc. Not the first time, by the way.

Hope this helps, any more questions?
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-17-2012 at 09:28 AM.

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    Wow... just wow.

Matt
    +1
    I completely agree with you Hoss. I think Grizz is taking this way too personally. Iodine IS wonderful and has so many benefits for those willing to try it. Grizz I worry that you will scare some people off who really truly could benefit from both Iodine and from Primal Blueprint. You have helped so many to find Iodine in the past. Don't turn them away now.

Please...Please....Please take a few deep breaths and relax. There will always be those who disagree with us on Iodine. You can't win them all to our cause but you will scare alot of them away if you don't stop reporting everyone who disagrees with you.........

I am a huge fan of iodine supplementation (love Dr. Brownstein) and have been for a few years but after reading some of the back and forth discussions between you and some of the so called "TROLLS" I am worried that some of the advice you are giving may be misleading and a little unrealistic. Please remember that as the leader of this thread, you can so easily make or break it. Which in the end can actually cause serious harm to people who look up to you and/or are seeking info for thier illnesses.

If I were new here and knew nothing of iodine......and had clicked on this thread by chance I would STAY SO FAR AWAY FROM IODINE for fear of becoming a paranoid crazy person who paints thier genitals with iodine and can't take any criticizm.

Don't take everything so personally. Do you think Dr. Brownstein does? Because we all know that he gets criticized alot. It's the way of the world. Be the bigger man and move on......
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    +1 Grizz, I agree with these posts. It is time to take a break from your desire to see everyone take iodine. Your antagonists do have everyone else's interests at heart and I think your all inclusive attitude as to your opinion rubs them the wrong way.
    John,

Would you like to volunteer to be the cop in this thread to insure members don't send themselves to the hospital?
    Would someone else like to do this? I will be very happy to see someone else watch over the newbees to help prevent a disaster. Too bad we have to do this, but we see how poorly people follow directions.

Sorry but the goal is not to get everyone on iodine. The goal is to help those who decide to start iodine do it correctly so they don't lose work or end up in the hospital. My Iodine References File is not working.
    Neither is the Iodine 101 file.

Newbees simply do not want to follow directions. What is your best answer to this problem?

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Either follow a doctor directed protocol, or don't take iodine at all. Very simple. If no one else will stand up, then I will.

Grizz
    There you go again. Either do as you say, or don't take iodine at all. I shall continue to take my drop of lugol's in water 3 times per week, I shall take brazil nuts, I shall NOT take salt or B vitamins - I am doing very well on this regime, my iodine patch lasts well over 12 hours.
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-17-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    +1

I am a huge fan of iodine supplementation (love Dr. Brownstein) and have been for a few years but after reading some of the back and forth discussions between you and some of the so called "TROLLS" I am worried that some of the advice you are giving may be misleading and a little unrealistic. Please remember that as the leader of this thread, you can so easily make or break it. Which in the end can actually cause serious harm to people who look up to you and/or are seeking info for thier illnesses.

If I were new here and knew nothing of iodine......and had clicked on this thread by chance I would STAY SO FAR AWAY FROM IODINE for fear of becoming a paranoid crazy person who paints thier genitals with iodine and can't take any criticizm.

I also am an iodine fan - started with kelp pills and moved on to Lugol's. But I don't follow Dr Brownstein because it seems too extreme for me. Also, I'm not at all sure that Grizz IS the "leader"of this thread - it was actually, if I remember correctly, started by Bosnic and somehow got hijacked into an evangelical pro-Brownstein stance - which is NOT what everyone wanting to learn about the benefits of iodine necessarily want or believe.

There is room on this thread for all enquiring minds, and enough information here now for people to be able to make up their own minds as to what aspects of the huge available resources here they want to take on board, and what they feel is too far for them.

There is no need for bullies to insist that their way is the only way - reminds me rather of the Taliban!
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-17-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    there you go again. Either do as you say, or don't take iodine at all. I shall continue to take my drop of lugol's in water 3 times per week, i shall take brazil nits, i shall not take salt or b vitamins - i am doing very well on this regime, my iodine patch lasts well over 12 hours.
    troll!!!

bodysnatchers.jpg

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    There you go again. Either do as you say, or don't take iodine at all. I shall continue to take my drop of lugol's in water 3 times per week, I shall take brazil nuts, I shall NOT take salt or B vitamins - I am doing very well on this regime, my iodine patch lasts well over 12 hours.
    No, here you go again putting words in my mouth that I did not say. Either follow a doctors protocol or don't take iodine at all.
    And I also told you that you can do anything your want at your own risk.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    We have talked about Trappers position over at the Curezone. He states it is best to start iodine at 100mg to clear out ALL detox in a day or 2. He says starting small just prolongs the pain.

Here is a report from our own Zophie:
    =========================
    Ok, so after reading a lot of the information in this group, I decided to up my dose from 6 drops of Lugol's to 100mg. I am taking half when I wake up and half about 6 hours later. (as well as the support supplements with food)

So far I have not had any detox symptoms at all. I feel great and I am sleeping great. I'm a little surprised by this.

I do have a question for all of you who are more experienced with higher doses of iodine. Shall I stay at 100mg or raise the dose? How much do I raise it and how fast?

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed. (I have only had time to read 50 or so pages of this group so far.)

Thanks!
    ~Z~
    First week at 100mg at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1964396)

Thank you Trapper and Paraboy for your quick and supportive replys! Yes, it is a nice surprise!

Also, thanks for the link about the dosage. I'm going to save it to pass on to anyone who may need it. Sorry that I wasn't clear. I had slowly worked my way up to 6 drops of 2% Lugol's and then a week ago I made the big jump (leap of faith) to a full 100mg.

I just feel so wonderful and I am SO Grateful for this information. It has been life changing for me. I am pain free for the first time in 25 years!

Thanks again for all your help!
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1964516#i
    ~Z~
    Any comments?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-17-2012 at 01:31 PM.