Page 346 of 415 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 346

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    so maybe, if you want to keep this thread, calm down on the reporting of 'trolls'
    Just generally calming down would be a place to start.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    that goes without saying
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Since when is a simple discussion of disagreement "trolling"?

It's strange how people who agree with you and promote your pet topic (IODINE cures everything!!!) are your "honored guest" even though they are just another member of this forum, just like me or anyone else.
    Yet when someone points out or introduces information that is to the contrary to your opinion, which reads like some sort of religious rhetoric indoctrination, you scream "TROLL".

It crosses the line when the name calling starts. I come here daily to learn about Iodine and related topics. Grizz has spent a lot of time doing research that he then brings to this thread to share with us. I appreciate his hard work as do many others. I don't have any way of determining whether or not Chemtrails or Contrails are the source of the excess aluminum in our environment or not so I didn't join the "discussion" about them. I do know that aluminum is incredibly toxic and not needed by the human body like other trace minerals. So knowing that Iodine helps eliminate aluminum and other toxic heavy metals is good enough for me. I didn't feel the need to resort to calling him or T2T "cuckow" over the mention of Chemtrails like many other rude posters did.

I don't believe for a minute that any human gov't really cares about all its citizens so it's not a real stretch for me to consider that Chemtails may have been used to do harm to people in select areas. Or maybe they are just nothing. At least I'm keeping an open mind until more info comes to light one way or the other. I believe Grizz has showed considerable restraint in the last few days since the bullying started.

So for all of you who don't believe in using iodine, ask yourself why you are still here. Bored? Need a life? No friends? Please stop ruining this thread for the rest of us who are interested in current iodine information.

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    So for all of you who don't believe in using iodine, ask yourself why you are still here. Bored? Need a life? No friends? Please stop ruining this thread for the rest of us who are interested in current iodine information.
    +1

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It crosses the line when the name calling starts. I come here daily to learn about Iodine and related topics. Grizz has spent a lot of time doing research that he then brings to this thread to share with us. I appreciate his hard work as do many others. I don't have any way of determining whether or not Chemtrails or Contrails are the source of the excess aluminum in our environment or not so I didn't join the "discussion" about them. I do know that aluminum is incredibly toxic and not needed by the human body like other trace minerals. So knowing that Iodine helps eliminate aluminum and other toxic heavy metals is good enough for me. I didn't feel the need to resort to calling him or T2T "cuckow" over the mention of Chemtrails like many other rude posters did.

I don't believe for a minute that any human gov't really cares about all its citizens so it's not a real stretch for me to consider that Chemtails may have been used to do harm to people in select areas. Or maybe they are just nothing. At least I'm keeping an open mind until more info comes to light one way or the other. I believe Grizz has showed considerable restraint in the last few days since the bullying started.

How about because this is an open forum and we have posted information that shows that the information that Grizz is posting is completely off base, incorrect, and bogus a good part of the time, not to mention the conspiracy ridden scare tactic type propaganda. And if people are taking that information as "facts", as he represents it, then it just may not be as safe as he says it is. And some of his suggestions are down right dangerous for certain groups of people.

Saying that the material that someone posts is ridiculous, because it is indeed not based in fact at all, is not name calling. This is an open public forum. And as such we have as much right to post information that is contradictory to the information that is posted by others.

As far as Grizz showing restraint... once again, this is a public forum. He does not own this thread in any way, therefore he has no reason to have any say in who posts, or does not post, in it. It's not even a 'private journal' where one might actually view some sort of vague ownership, it's in a completely public "Nutrition" area. If he posts things that are completely incorrect and there is science to show that it is incorrect then other people have a right to point that out... as much as we feel is necessary. Just like happens in every other thread in this "Nutrition" section of the forum. And, just like Grizz seems to feel free to go into all the other threads on this forum and tell people that they need to "TAKE IODINE NOW" and add his two cents that way. No one hits the report button for him doing that mess.

And, BTW... where was Grizz's restraint when he was laughing at someone and wishing them physical harm for not following the EXACT iodine protocol that he espouses? Not one of those you are calling a bully I might add... a person who is also taking Iodine and simply posted a statement about their own experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Breadsauce,
    You are free to do it any way you want at your own peril. We choose to follow the Dr. Brownstein Protocol because each supplement in the protocol has very specific reasons for being there and many thousands of patients have proven out the safety of his protocol.

[...snip...]

So, bottom line, If you don't want to follow the Dr. Brownstein procedures exactly, then just go ahead & do it YOUR way. Don't come into this thread CRYING if you get a THYROID STORM, a trip to the EMERGENCY ROOM, 30 lbs of BLOAT, or a face FULL OF ZITS. We will be LAUGHING at you for being so stubborn. Bwahahahaha - Mwahahahaha
    So go right ahead and do it YOUR way and let us know how it works out for you. We like to watch Guinea Pigs do our testing for us. Then WHO will be the irresponsible one ??

Grizz
    Feel free to go back to page 339-340 and read it all yourself where she simply stated that Iodine has been in use since long before the Brownstein protocol was invented, and that everyone does not have to follow that exact protocol to have success.
    This was spurned by a previous poster having flushing after adding the co-factors. And instead of explaining that, yes... B vitamins in high doses such as the co-factors can cause flushing, particularly B3... which is very well known to produce severe flushing in some people. See, simple explanation... instead Grizz simple said follow the Brownstein instructions, and hints that there is no other reason for the problem except that the person (Dirlot) is doing it wrong.
    No, sorry... Dirlot was not doing anything wrong. He was having a side effect from taking the vitamin B3 that is in the ATP cofactors. Just look up B3, it's a very common problem.

As I said earlier... if a place to put this information where outside opinions, dissenting voices, or contradictory evidence can be silenced according to his whims is what Grizz wants, perhaps a Blog would better serve his interests. That way he can just delete any posts he doesn't like.

Also...There is no such thing as a "Chemtrail"... those things are called Contrails. A "Chemtrail" is purely a conspiracy... that has been debunked thoroughly many times over by actual scientists. As opposed to the 'average joe' people standing on the ground looking at the sky imagining bad things perpetrated 'evil' gub'ment entities who believe in "Chemtrails".
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-17-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    How about because this is an open forum and we have posted information that shows that the information that Grizz is posting is completely off base, incorrect, and bogus a good part of the time, not to mention the conspiracy ridden scare tactic type propaganda. And if people are taking that information as "facts", as he represents it, then it just may not be as safe as he says it is. And some of his suggestions are down right dangerous for certain groups of people.

Saying that the material that someone posts is ridiculous, because it is indeed not based in fact at all, is not name calling. This is an open public forum. And as such we have as much right to post information that is contradictory to the information that is posted by others.

As far as Grizz showing restraint... once again, this is a public forum. He does not own this thread in any way, therefore he has no reason to have any say in who posts, or does not post, in it. It's not even a 'private journal' where one might actually view some sort of vague ownership, it's in a completely public "Nutrition" area. If he posts things that are completely incorrect and there is science to show that it is incorrect then other people have a right to point that out... as much as we feel is necessary. Just like happens in every other thread in this "Nutrition" section of the forum. And, just like Grizz seems to feel free to go into all the other threads on this forum and tell people that they need to "TAKE IODINE NOW" and add his two cents that way. No one hits the report button for him doing that mess.

And, BTW... where was Grizz's restraint when he was laughing at someone and wishing them physical harm for not following the EXACT iodine protocol that he espouses? Not one of those you are calling a bully I might add... a person who is also taking Iodine and simply posted a statement about their own experience.

Feel free to go back to page 339-340 and read it all yourself where she simply stated that Iodine has been in use since long before the Brownstein protocol was invented, and that everyone does not have to follow that exact protocol to have success.
    This was spurned by a previous poster having flushing after adding the co-factors. And instead of explaining that, yes... B vitamins in high doses such as the co-factors can cause flushing, particularly B3... which is very well known to produce severe flushing in some people. See, simple explanation... instead Grizz simple said follow the Brownstein instructions, and hints that there is no other reason for the problem except that the person (Dirlot) is doing it wrong.
    No, sorry... Dirlot was not doing anything wrong. He was having a side effect from taking the vitamin B3 that is in the ATP cofactors. Just look up B3, it's a very common problem.

As I said earlier... if a place to put this information where outside opinions, dissenting voices, or contradictory evidence can be silenced according to his whims is what Grizz wants, perhaps a Blog would better serve his interests. That way he can just delete any posts he doesn't like.

Also...There is no such thing as a "Chemtrail"... those things are called Contrails. A "Chemtrail" is purely a conspiracy... that has been debunked thoroughly many times over by actual scientists. As opposed to the 'average joe' people standing on the ground looking at the sky imagining bad things perpetrated 'evil' gub'ment entities who believe in "Chemtrails".
    Cori, wonderful and succinct reply. I worry about new visitors to MDA coming across this thread, reading the garbage about "Chemtrails" being touted by "honoured visitors"(???) and feeling that everything here posted is also by nutters.. SOME of this thread comes over as hysterical ranting - not easy to take that seriously.

By the way, I'm a him, not a her!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Grizz, reporting trolls should be reserved for:
    1. Spambot advertizers <--- Plenty of those here already.
    2. People who come in with hate speech. <--- I won't post any examples but I'm sure you know what I mean.
    It's not for disagreeing with you when you go crackpot.

Meanwhile, breadsauce, I think that some multivitamin protocol is a good idea because

1. Excess iodine may harm someone who has an undiagnosed thyroid problem.
    2. When people took iodine a hundred years ago without supplements, the soil was not yet depleted of iodine so people already had it in their systems.
    3. The purpose of the supplements protocol is to ease the detoxing of thirty years of brominated flour, brominated fire retardents, chlorinated water, and flouridated toothpaste. Since people a hundred years ago were not exposed to these other halogens, I guess they didn't need to detox and could do without the supplements. It's different now.
    Hi Oxide. I do take some supplements - Lugol's, but not in industrial doses, brazil nuts for selenium, magnesium, D3 and K2. I track my minerals and vitamins periodically on Fitday and only supp those that I am not getting from food - I do prefer to get as much as possible from food. Which, here in the UK, I can usually get organic and / or grass fed. Liver, fish, eggs, meat with loads of veg and good portions of fruit seem to keep my intake fine.

And my iodine patch test lasts usually over 12 hours, taking just 1 drop of Lugol's in water 2 or 3 times a week. So if that test has any validity, I feel happy with that!
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-17-2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: punctuation!

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    It crosses the line when the name calling starts.
    Agreed, Grizz calling everyone who disagrees with him a troll is very tedious.

I come here daily to learn about Iodine and related topics. Grizz has spent a lot of time doing research that he then brings to this thread to share with us.
    I think you're missing the point. T2T brings up this chemtrail nonsense, then admits he spent most of his life believing the pyramids & Stonehenge were built by aliens. Grizz believed what he said about the chemtrails without question. So bearing that in mind, how can anyone now trust Grizz's 'research'? He's proven he's happy to take the word of someone who's as close to being a self-proclaimed nutcase as you can get, & pass that on as fact, without any attempt to verify it. Has he done the same with some/most of the iodine information?

All I've done in this thread is try to point out to Grizz that he's in danger of losing all credibility. I believe he's now done that, & readers need to do their own research to confirm anything he says rather than assuming he's done all the hard work.

I don't have any way of determining whether or not Chemtrails or Contrails are the source of the excess aluminum in our environment or not
    You really, really do. Even if common sense & a basic understanding of flight paths, holding patterns, jet engines & atmospherics don't help, it takes very little Googling to discover it's a load of rubbish.

I do know that aluminum is incredibly toxic and not needed by the human body like other trace minerals. So knowing that Iodine helps eliminate aluminum and other toxic heavy metals is good enough for me.
    It would be for me too, except now I have to go & confirm that from independent sources, because it turns out the person I thought was rigorously examining all the evidence was probably doing no such thing. Such is life.

Grizz is offline Banned
    We have been invaded by a Pack of Trolls. These trolls never come into this thread unless they are intent on making BIG TROUBLE.

Cori, Radielhead, Paleobird & Bloodorchid

Too bad, we will just have to IGNORE them. The only way to get rid of TROLLS is to ignore them.

Don't Feed the TROLLS

TROLL AT WORK

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-17-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    Wow... just wow.

First off Grizz, thank you for your research regarding Iodine. I am thinking that you are right on with many of the benefits of Iodine supplementation, and I applaud your zeal in trying to get the information out there. It is obvious that you are genuinely concerned about people and want to get the information out to as many as possible.

Second off Grizz, it appears to me that you do not listen to anyone but take your own council regarding your communications with others. You do come off as a bully at times, rude at other times. I am afraid that, at this point, you are alienating most of the people whom you might help (I am talking about curious people simply checking out this thread.) Although based on your recent postings I doubt you will pause to consider this, I am humbly asking that you do pause to consider your tone and manner and how it is affecting your credibility. Why not let Iodine have center stage instead of your ego?

Third off Grizz, I suggest that you stop submitting troll reports, especially against well respected members of this community (Paleobird.) I can imagine a point where someone over-reporting trolling behavior will himself be censored by the moderators.

Finally, I write these things out of respect for you and appreciation for your desire to help people learn about Iodine and its many benefits. You should consider walking away from this discussion for a week to think about how you are coming across to others, and especially those you are trying to reach.

I hope you consider what I have said.
    Matt