Page 345 of 415 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 345

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Grizz, reporting trolls should be reserved for:
    1. Spambot advertizers <--- Plenty of those here already.
    2. People who come in with hate speech. <--- I won't post any examples but I'm sure you know what I mean.
    It's not for disagreeing with you when you go crackpot.

Meanwhile, breadsauce, I think that some multivitamin protocol is a good idea because

1. Excess iodine may harm someone who has an undiagnosed thyroid problem.
    2. When people took iodine a hundred years ago without supplements, the soil was not yet depleted of iodine so people already had it in their systems.
    3. The purpose of the supplements protocol is to ease the detoxing of thirty years of brominated flour, brominated fire retardents, chlorinated water, and flouridated toothpaste. Since people a hundred years ago were not exposed to these other halogens, I guess they didn't need to detox and could do without the supplements. It's different now.

That said, does anyone have any scientific papers for why this is a necessary protocol? WHY is the B2 B3 ratio so important? Why the massive amount of magnesium? Do i really need megadoses when I'm ramping up the small amount of iodine? I'd rather just take half the protocol and eat some seaweed and wait for the boobs to grow (or whatever.)

It's hard to tell if I have success on the moles. It's been two months. So far, my only success is because I seem to be digging out the moles with a pair of tweezers. The hip mole is progressing but it's freaking bottomless, my toes are bleeding, and the flesh mole isn't budging. I'm close to declaring a partial victory and giving up.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    2. People who come in with hate speech. <--- I won't post any examples but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Meanwhile, breadsauce, I think that some multivitamin protocol is a good idea because

2. When people took iodine a hundred years ago without supplements, the soil was not yet depleted of iodine so people already had it in their systems.
    3. The purpose of the supplements protocol is to ease the detoxing of thirty years of brominated flour, brominated fire retardents, chlorinated water, and flouridated toothpaste. Since people a hundred years ago were not exposed to these other halogens, I guess they didn't need to detox and could do without the supplements. It's different now.

That said, does anyone have any scientific papers for why this is a necessary protocol? WHY is the B2 B3 ratio so important? Why the massive amount of magnesium? Do i really need megadoses when I'm ramping up the small amount of iodine? I'd rather just take half the protocol and eat some seaweed and wait for the boobs to grow (or whatever.)

It's hard to tell if I have success on the moles. It's been two months. So far, my only success is because I seem to be digging out the moles with a pair of tweezers. The hip mole is progressing but it's freaking bottomless, my toes are bleeding, and the flesh mole isn't budging. I'm close to declaring a partial victory and giving up.
    Oxide,
    I'll see what I can find for you. Are you happy with my research on the Selenium? I covered that one in depth.

Grizz

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I am with out internet for a weekend and this thread gets bonkers. I won't do that again. Kids, be nice to each other. I do think that the other 'conspiracy' theories were offered in honesty and as proof that uncaring people are polluting us carelessly because the effects take soooo long to appear.

Incidently, if you look at old WWII movies, prop planes can make contrails also. I was told by my fighter pilot father they were the result of the air molecules being disturbed. It can happen at any speed or altitude. I think it has to do mostly with the amount of moisture in the air. To the 'chemtrail' point, they are evidence of the pollution made by the aircraft's engine. If the fuel contains harmful chemicals, who does it fall on?

And if I were a troll, I would live under a bridge and demand your money to let you pass.

Instead of proclaiming 'we', Grizz, substitute, ' I have found . . .' or 'I have found evidence of . . .' I think some people are taking exception to being lumped into a large group, especially if they have had a different n-1 experience.
    Last edited by ljbprrfmof; 07-16-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ToldUzo View Post
    I also think it's amusing with all these conspiraties in here, but am wondering if too much iodine intake could make some people a bit paranoid..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Hebs, and the rest of you TROLLS are going to be reported for any more TROLL activities.Fair Warning! Grizz
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    So basically, if anyone disagrees with you they become trolls??!! Get real, Grizz!
    You know exactly what I am talking about. All TROLLS will be reported. Grizz
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...haha, you're a funny man Grizz. So let me get this straight. Fictitious chemtrails are okay, but Flying Spaghetti Monsters are a big no-no. Got it, well I think anyways...hebs
    ps...you are a getting nuttier as this thread goes on. Perhaps you do need to back off with the iodine for a while??
    I gave you fair warning. You are now reported. It was not me reporting Chemtrails, it was our honored guest, T2T, and you are being abusive, inconsiderate and a TROLL to our honored guest. You owe T2T and I an apology for your incredibly RUDE behavior.
    Let us hope the moderators throw you off the board, like FOREVER.
    T2T, I apologize for this Troll. It is too bad, every message board has these IDIOT TROLLS trying their best to create havoc.
    Oxide, I apologize for the Trolls that insulted you. These TROLLS go around like a pack of rabid wolves.

I am embarrassed to invite anyone to visit Marks Daily Apple with TROLLS like this running loose. Grizz
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I am with out internet for a weekend and this thread gets bonkers.

Instead of proclaiming 'we', Grizz, substitute, ' I have found . . .' or 'I have found evidence of . . .' I think some people are taking exception to being lumped into a large group, especially if they have had a different n-1 experience.
    I find it embarrassing to invite anyone to visit the forum or MDA with nut cases like Grizz running around. I'm glad that even some of his followers are starting to see that he has only a tenuous grasp on reality.

Grizz is offline Banned
    PaleoBird,

You are reported for your TROLL activities..

Grizz

Paleobird Guest
    PaleoBird,

You are reported for your TROLL activities..

Grizz
    Hehehehe. Oh, Grizz. What would we do without you for entertainment?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hehehehe. Oh, Grizz. What would we do without you for entertainment?
    You are reported again, keep up your Trolling and I will continue reporting you.
    Grizz

Paleobird Guest
    You are reported again, keep up your Trolling and I will continue reporting you.
    Grizz
    Oooooooh! I'm shakin' in my shoes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Since when is a simple discussion of disagreement "trolling"?

It's strange how people who agree with you and promote your pet topic (IODINE cures everything!!!) are your "honored guest" even though they are just another member of this forum, just like me or anyone else.
    Yet when someone points out or introduces information that is to the contrary of your opinion, which reads like some sort of cult religious rhetoric indoctrination, you scream "TROLL".

It is as if you believe that you own this section of forum as your own private blog.
    Perhaps, if that's how you wish to censor people a private blog would indeed suit you better than an open public forum site.

Last edited by cori93437; 07-16-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    when people start reporting posts as 'rude', entire threads are generally removed. like 'if you kids can't share your toys, then i'll put the toys away'

so maybe, if you want to keep this thread, calm down on the reporting of 'trolls'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.