Page 344 of 415 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 344

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Pheeew what a monster thread!
    First of all thanks to you, Grizz, for reminding people about the importance of iodine and why (bromine and so on these days.)
    I must admit I only eat kelp tablets with brazilnuts and some seaweed/mussels once in a while. And that's how it stays for now.

I also think it's amusing with all these conspiraties in here, but am wondering if too much iodine intake could make some people a bit paranoid..?
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToldUzo View Post
    I also think it's amusing with all these conspiraties in here, but am wondering if too much iodine intake could make some people a bit paranoid..?

...hebs

Grizz is offline Banned
    Hebs,

and the rest of you TROLLS are going to be reported for any more TROLL activities.

Fair Warning!

Grizz

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Hebs,

and the rest of you TROLLS are going to be reported for any more TROLL activities.

Fair Warning!

Grizz
    So basically, if anyone disagrees with you they become trolls??!! Get real, Grizz!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    So basically, if anyone disagrees with you they become trolls??!! Get real, Grizz!
    You know exactly what I am talking about.
    All TROLLS will be reported.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-16-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    WHY SELENIUM IS REQUIRED

“Iodine for hypothyroidism: like gasoline on a fire?”

Is there any truth to this assertion made by Chris Kresser of The Healthy Skeptic? This is a popular mis-conception I had first seen early in this thread and a big reason for a FALSE fear of iodine. The major problem people have with iodine is they are not taking the required co-supplements.

Here is the full story in 2 Parts:
    On the other side, doctors such as Dr. Guy E. Abraham [9], Dr. David Brownstein [10], Jorge D. Flechas [11] and Dr. David Derry [12] have claimed success prescribing high doses of iodine for Hashimoto’s and for breast and thyroid cancers.

A lot of theory explained in both articles ... ideal for the scientists on this thread.

Our China study showed that excess iodine can indeed cause such an autoimmune pathology, but only if there is a deficiency in selenium [18].
    With optimal selenium status, thyroid follicles are healthy, goiter is eliminated, and autoimmune markers like Th1/Th2 ratio and CD4+/CD8+ ratio are normalized over a wide range of iodine intake. It seems that optimizing selenium intake provides powerful protection against autoimmune thyroid disease, and provides tolerance of a wide range of iodine intakes.
    Iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Part I | Perfect Health Diet

Summary Part 2
    =============
    Extensive world wide research to arrive at these conclusions:
    All of these negatives can be avoided by supplementing selenium along with iodine, using potassium iodide rather than seaweed as the source of iodine, and increasing iodine intake gradually.

It’s plausible that if iodine were supplemented in this way, then Hashimoto’s patients would experience benefits with little risk of harm. Anecdotally, a number have reported benefits from supplemental iodine.

Other evidence emphasizes the need for balance between iodine and selenium. Just as iodine without selenium can cause hypothyroidism, so too can selenium without iodine. Both are needed for good health.
    Iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Part 2 | Perfect Health Diet

All of this supports the Dr. Brownstein Protocol requirement for 200mcg of Selenium as a co-supplement.

Much more, see the chapters Hashimotos + Selenium here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-16-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    ==================
    Iodine is a big part of our immune system, Use Iodine instead of Anti-Biotics
    "A great feeling of security for a parent comes from administering a medicinal like iodine. It is what I give my children instead of dangerous antibiotics when they are sick. It is what I use when the first symptoms of flu approach and it does spare one the worst of that misery. After we understand that iodine is an excellent antiviral, antibacterial, anti fungal, mold and yeast agent we begin to glimpse the catastrophic mistake made for substituting pharmaceutical antibiotics for iodine....."
    There is more:
    Iodine Dosages and Treatments – IMVA Antibiotics

How antibiotics destroy your immune system

Once the very first antibiotic is administered to the infant or child, the bacteria in the gut is wiped out and the immune system is permanently altered in its ability to manufacture appropriate immune cells. Fungus in the gut is now unopposed and begins to proliferate unchecked by the friendly bacteria. After fungus sets up strongholds then parasites move in to share the bounty of food and minerals meant to feed the body. This is the first step for chronic disease and cancer.

The same process happens when an adult takes even one round of antibiotics. Everything changes permanently and takes years of targeted nutrition and probiotic therapies to recover a semblance of normalcy in the body systems.

The cancer double-whammy

Once the bad bacteria balance occurs and the fungus sets up shop, the intestinal wall becomes leaky, allowing partially digested foods, bacterium and allergens to cross into the blood. Now the already weakened immune system has double-duty to perform trying to clean up the gut while tracking down these new threats to the body. To think this all started with a well-meaning but seriously wrong pediatrician and misinformed parents.

Cancer is a disease of inflammation. The gut compromises and leakage of particles into the blood causes inflammation throughout the body. Chronically inflamed organs become targets of heavy metals, viruses, bacterium and fungus. But the damage doesn't stop there as the highly processed foods we eat cross the now compromised gut barrier; causing pancreas stress and trouble. Chronic stress weakens organs to make them more susceptible to disease and cancer.

Where it ends

It ends with you making informed decisions before submitting to any medical treatment, including taking antibiotics. You are the one who gleans the benefits or suffers the consequences - not the doctor who collects your co-pay up front and makes you sign "informed consent" papers before treatment.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036479_an...#ixzz20oQ477SC
    The rest of the story:
    How antibiotics destroy your immune system
    EDIT: A message at Curezone adds THIS:
    The real permanent damage comes from Fluoroquinolones, such as Ciprofloxacin, Moxifloxacin, levaquin, etc.
    These distrupt our DNA.
    Ever hear of drug that can rupture a tendon?
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1964225#i
    PS) There are Class Action Lawsuits against this class of drugs

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-16-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dr. Flechas Interview:
    http://iodine4health.com/research/fl...deficiency.mp3

Topics being discussed:

In this two-hour radio presentation (mp3 audio), Flechas considers a range of iodine related issues: fibrocystic breasts, hypothyroidism, ovarian cysts, attention-deficit disorder, pregnancy, IQ, senility, iodine history, bromide, fluoride, obesity, depression, constipation, detoxing (from bromide, fluoride, arsenic, mercury, lead, aluminum), cancer (prostate, thyroid, breast), diabetes (blood sugar control), receptors (hormones, neurotransmitters), testosterone, itching, sweating, histidine and histamine, functions of iodine, heart disease (especially arrhythmias, abnormal heart beats), iodine doses.

I will mention here just a few of the ideas he presents.

Recommended Iodine Protocol. 50 mg/day of iodine in the form of Lugol’s or Iodoral. Plus 1500 mg, twice a day, of Vitamin C (ester C or buffered C). If high bromide, add one teaspoon per day of Celtic sea salt or Potassium chloride (KCl).

Getting Off Thyroid Hormones. First, start the iodine supplementation. Then, if there are symptoms of HYPERthyroidism (nervousness, insomnia, sweating in palms, oily skin), you can reduce the thyroid hormones in half. Do not reduce the thyroid hormones until symptoms of hyperthyroidism occur. They may occur 3 or 4 weeks after starting iodine supplementation, or 3 or 4 months later, or a year later. Or it may not occur at all.

Why may the iodine enable you to reduce your thyroid hormones? Iodine will increase the sensitivity of the thyroid RECEPTORS to the hormone. Thus, less thyroid hormone is needed.

Hormone Receptors and Iodine. All hormone receptors are dependent on iodine, which increases the sensitivity of the receptor to the hormone it is designed for. For example, it can increase the sensitivity of insulin receptors and thus help with diabetes. Similarly, it can increase the sensitivity of the receptors for neurotransmitters (e.g., serotonin, dopamine, GABA) in the brain. Thus, depression may lift after taking iodine. It can also increase the sensitivity of receptors for testosterone and FSH/LH.

Thyroid Hormones and Iodine. If you take supplemental thyroid hormones, you inhibit the ability of the body to absorb iodine. That is why they recommend to patients about to received radioactive-iodine scans that they go off all thyroid hormones for two to three weeks prior to the scan. Women who take thyroid hormones have a much higher risk of breast cancer than other women.

Histidine and Histamine. Histidine is the precursor for histamine. Anti-histamines are used to control runny noses, hives, and itching. Iodine inhibits the conversion of histidine to histamine, thus reducing itching, hives, etc.

Iodine and Heavy Metals. When taking iodine, there is GREATLY increased excretion in the urine of arsenic, mercury, lead, aluminum, and other toxic metals. Iodine is selective in that it leaves the essential metals (e.g., iron) and removes the toxic ones.

Iodine and Cancer. In many cancers, the mechanism for getting iodine into the cells (the NIS symporter) is not working. The cells can’t absorb Iodine. Absence of iodine is a promoter of thyroid cancer, breast cancer, and ovarian cancer.

Bromide. Bromide builds up in the Central Nervous System and results in many problems. In the 1920s Bromo-Seltzer was a bromide-based medicine that used to be used for hangovers, calming the stomach, and headaches. It often resulted in acute paranoid psychosis with large doses. Today, beverages (Mountain Dew, Fresca, and citric Gatorade) contain bromide in the form of “brominated vegetable oil”. It is used as an emulsifier in citrus-flavored soft drinks. The bromide functions as a CNS depressant and triggers a number of symptoms like paranoia. Bromide is also found in flour and bread. Brazil recently outlawed bromide in flour products.

When iodine gets into the cells, it kicks the bromide out. Bromide then increases in the blood stream and goes to the kidneys. Chloride pushes bromide into the urine, thus getting rid of it. That’s why taking salt is helpful in moving bromide out of the body

Iodine in the Skin. 20% of the body iodine is in the skin. Iodine in the skin helps your body be able to sweat.

Iodine and Pregnancy. IQ is mostly set by the age of two. Adequate iodine during pregnancy and the first two years of life can increase IQ by 15 points. If there is low iodine but high fluoride, it can result in cretinism (severe mental retardation).

Iodine and Salt. 50% of American households are now using salt without iodine. Moreover, the AMA is going to recommend reducing salt consumption by 50% over the next 10 years. Iodine has been removed from bread and greatly reduced in milk. Fewer and fewer Americans are getting sufficient iodine. 25-30% of people over 60 who become senile are hypothyroid due to low iodine, often because of low salt prescribed for hypertension.

Iodine and the Breast. Iodine is very important to the breast. Iodine deficiency results in fibrocystic breasts, which can be cured with adequate iodine. If left without iodine, the fibrocystic breasts can develop breast cancer.

Iodine Sensitivity. If you can take iodized salt, you can take Lugol's or Iodoral. If iodized salt gives you hives, avoid iodine. Less than 1/2% of the population is iodine sensitive.

Iodine Loading Test. It is a good idea to take the Iodine Loading Test before supplementing with iodine. Then, repeat the test in about 3 or 4 months to be sure your body is absorbing the iodine appropriately. If it is not, your practitioner can help you make changes so that your body will absorb it.
    Flechas -- Iodine AudioVisual

Grizz

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Hebs,

Fair Warning!

Grizz
    ...haha, you're a funny man Grizz. So let me get this straight. Fictitious chemtrails are okay, but Flying Spaghetti Monsters are a big no-no. Got it, well I think anyways...hebs

ps...you are a getting nuttier as this thread goes on. Perhaps you do need to back off with the iodine for a while??

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...haha, you're a funny man Grizz. So let me get this straight. Fictitious chemtrails are okay, but Flying Spaghetti Monsters are a big no-no. Got it, well I think anyways...hebs

ps...you are a getting nuttier as this thread goes on. Perhaps you do need to back off with the iodine for a while??
    I gave you fair warning. You are now reported. It was not me reporting Chemtrails, it was our honored guest, T2T, and you are being abusive, inconsiderate and a TROLL to our honored guest. You owe T2T and I an apology for your incredibly RUDE behavior.

Let us hope the moderators throw you off the board, like FOREVER.

T2T, I apologize for this Troll. It is too bad, every message board has these IDIOT TROLLS trying their best to create havoc.

Oxide, I apologize for the Trolls that insulted you. These TROLLS go around like a pack of rabid wolves.

I am embarrassed to invite anyone to visit Marks Daily Apple with TROLLS like this running loose.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-16-2012 at 07:23 PM.