Page 337 of 415 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 337

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by youthfuliz View Post
    This video is shocking. Thanks for posting it. I haven't had any vaccine for the last 10+ years. Glad it was so, and will continue to be so.
    Liz,

That video was so shocking that I had BAD DREAMS - I haven't had any vaccinations since I was a child, and now I am sooo happy that I did not fall victim to the Drug Company propaganda. The wife & I also don't take ANY drugs, and we are trying to keep it that way. With all the Vitamin D3 and iodine that I am taking, I am immune to colds & the flu. I am not going to catch ANYTHING from the coughing & wheezing in church - yuk, yuk, yuk.

Grizz

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    HappyPaleoGirl,

Here is my idea for keeping iodine where you want it, and AWAY from where you don't want it. Ideal for a skin lesion, or maybe for your cyst. Get a can of black automotive graphite grease. With a Q-Tip carefully paint a black grease circle around your lesion where you do NOT want the iodine. . Now apply the iodine into the center of the grease circle with your dropper. WAHLAH grease protects your skin, lesion gets all the iodine. Wait for the iodine to dry, then wipe off all the grease.

Next, to keep the iodine spot from burning your skin, apply Grape Seed Oil to the skin. Grape Seed Oil is MAGICAL, it soaks into the skin to nourish it, and I am convinced it will prevent dermatitus. Test this out with a patch of skin on your wrist. Apply a patch of iodine every day, to the same spot, let it dry then apply grapeseed oil. Let me know how this works. After a week or even 2 weeks of doing this, should not see any dermatitus.

Hugs & Kisses,
    Grizz
    Grizz,

Thanks so much for this! Although, instead of automotive grease, how about something like Aquaphor? It is similar to vaseline, and I've got a huge tub of it. I did try painting my worst spots with iodine last night, mixed with sweet almond oil, which I've found to absorb into my skin very nicely. I have heard wonderful things about grapeseed oil as well. Considering I'm planning to paint the developing cyst nightly, I think I will pick up some grapeseed oil just for that purpose!
    This morning one of the burgeoning spots is actually a bit reduced, which was not happening with my Retin-A spot treatments! The iodine mixture stung just a bit on the spots that I applied it to last night, which I took to be a good sign. I did find it difficult not to get the iodine/almond oil mixture onto the surrounding skin though, especially as the oil tends to run a bit before it absorbs in!

So are you saying to first put the iodine on the skin, wait for it to try, and then apply the grapeseed oil? I thought I was supposed to mix the 2 together first and apply that way? Also, for lack of a better applicator, I've just been using my finger to apply the iodine mixture, which is very imprecise! Any ideas of a better way? I was thinking of picking up a very small paintbrush or makeup brush to use.

Thanks for all of the advice/tips!

youthfuliz is offline Junior Member
    Liz,

That video was so shocking that I had BAD DREAMS - I haven't had any vaccinations since I was a child, and now I am sooo happy that I did not fall victim to the Drug Company propaganda. The wife & I also don't take ANY drugs, and we are trying to keep it that way. With all the Vitamin D3 and iodine that I am taking, I am immune to colds & the flu. I am not going to catch ANYTHING from the coughing & wheezing in church - yuk, yuk, yuk.

Grizz
    Grizz,

I agree with not taking medicine whenever you can find a natural remedy. Sunshine, clean water, clean food, no processed carbs, be close to nature - forest, the ocean, etc do a lot good things to the body, much better than pills. I don't go to church, but I work in a university... I never got the flu shots. I don't think I'll need it in the future either.

Liz

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Dirlot,
    Follow these procedures exactly to avoid problems:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post847058
    If you don't want to follow the procedures exactly, then just don't take any iodine.

Grizz
    Yup I am doing all that now.
    As I said dropped the dose but I guess I should drop it lower.
    So I guess that all around flush and tingling is bromide and I should lower iodine again.
    It seems odd that the flush happens so fast.
    I think tomorrow I am going to take the protocol first wait 10 min before iodine to isolate the two.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-14-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Rearden is offline Junior Member
    HappyPaleoGirl,

I use iodine tincture (not the colorless version) an dab it on my spots most nights of the week. It comes with an applicator which makes it easy to apply directly to the spot. A few nights a week I apply it to most of my face and quickly apply jojoba oil. The results have been amazing.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Yup I am doing all that now.
    As I said dropped the dose but I guess I should drop it lower.
    Once again, here are the directions to follow:

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    HappyPaleoGirl,

I use iodine tincture (not the colorless version) an dab it on my spots most nights of the week. It comes with an applicator which makes it easy to apply directly to the spot. A few nights a week I apply it to most of my face and quickly apply jojoba oil. The results have been amazing.
    Rearden,

AHA, thank you for that. You have helped confirm my theory that applying oil following the iodine prevents the dermatitus.

Grizz

youthfuliz is offline Junior Member
    Once again, here are the directions to follow:

Grizz
    Grizz,

It seems when I open a mda post link it always goes to the last page of the post... like the one you just posted. I think you probably wanted to show something posted earlier... so maybe it's better to add the "page # and reply #" of the post. I think the same happened when I tried to see the testimonials you posted in the iodine references doc. I'm not sure it happened all the time, but it happened multiple times. Is it only me or you are seeing the same thing?

By the way, I edited my earlier post: taking 62.5mg today. Plan to go back down to 50mg tomorrow. Felt a bit "exhausted" in my neck and shoulder area, as if I had too much coffee... so I'm doing salt loading and decided to go back to 50mg as before. It's been working well and I don't want to deal with heavy detox, since I have a lot to get done in the coming weeks. My brain is sharp, so I'll go back to work now.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Liz,

This link should take you directly to message # 2610.

If not, change your browser to use Google Chrome.
    You will be VERY happy you did. It is lightning fast & does everything right.
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    HappyPaleoGirl,

Are you taking any prescription drugs at all, any anti-depression drugs?
    Sometimes these can be LOADED with Fluorides & halogen toxins.
    Please list what you are taking, if any.

Grizz
    Not taking any AD drugs. The only prescriptions I take are baclofen (daily) and klonopin (on an as needed basis for sleep, which lately has been daily).