Page 335 of 415 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 335

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    HappyPaleoGirl,
    You will be even happier to learn that YES ! You are correct. It is the detox and the halide toxins causing your acne + cyst, not the iodine. You are correct, iodine will help both. Paint iodine over your cyst and it will break out & go away. Paint iodine over your worst acne to help it. However you must use an oil carrier to prevent Dermatitus damage to the skin. Iodine without a carrier oil WILL damage the skin. Mix the oil with iodine in the palm of your hand, then apply to the skin. I like to use Grapeseed Oil, but you can also use coconut oil, etc. I've got some testimonials on removing a cyst, see Iodine References.

IMO, you are having WAY TOO MANY detox problems. Are you CERTAIN you are not ingesting or breathing something loaded with Halides?
    * NO CITY WATER ( contains fluorides or chlorine )
    * No showers with contaminated city water. Filter your shower water.
    * NO BOTTLED WATER with chemicals added. Shockingly, even bottled water has fluoride added ! ! ! ! Read the labels carefully for added chemicals. It hard to find a brand of bottled water that is chemical free.
    * No Bottled Water made from CITY WATER, even if it says "Filtered" It requires an expensive reverse osmosis filter to remove fluoride.
    * No BEER made with CITY WATER
    * No makeup - no hair coloring ( you are attractive just the way you are )
    * No bread no baked goods ( contains Bromide)
    * No processed food. Eat only natural Paleo foods.
    * Nothing with alcohol ( made with city water)

See if any of these rings a bell:
    The Fluoride Glut: Sources of Fluoride Exposure
    Bromides?? In bread? - The Iodine Project
    The Chlorine Institute, Inc.

Where do you work? Do you work in a toxic environement?

There has to be a continuing source of Halides into your body. What about air pollution. Do you drive a new car every day?
    What do you think?

I must also add that Trapper at the Curezone has a controversial recommendation that taking 100mg daily of iodine expedites detox to get it ALL over with in just a few days. I am not recommending this. But we do have 2 people testing this concept out over there.

Trapper is a 50% owner of the Curezone Iodine Group and has 5 years of iodine experience under his belt. He is no dummy and he is not a crackpot in spite of some of his recommendations that seem crazy... His advice to jump into 100mg to expedite detox is counter intuitive and takes a HUGE leap of faith. I'm researching his controversial subjects.

Curezone VVT Iodine Group is a GREAT place to search for answers.
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 264, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

If you get lost in menus after a search, just go to the top right
    * Click Forums
    * Click "Iodine Supplement Support by VVT
    This will get you back to the above starting screen. It will take some time to get used to the CureZone, but time well spent. The results are great. I LOVE their format to see an entire thread tree at once.

Grizz
    Hi Grizz,

I agree, I do seem to be awfully sensitive to the detox effects of iodine!
    Let's see:
    Currently the water that I drink more than 90% of the time is filtered to remove chlorine and fluoride. I fill a big BPA free jug with it every morning and drink it at work, too.
    My shower water is filtered.
    I don't drink bottled water.
    I do have alcohol on occasion, beer, wine, spirits. I wouldn't think it would be enough to warrant this level of toxicity.
    I do wear makeup, only to cover the hyperpigmentation. Honestly, I'd scare people without it! However, I use an all natural mineral makeup.
    I also get my hair colored.
    I don't eat bread, baked goods, processed foods, soda, etc. I eat a very clean paleo diet, with the exception of the occasional aforementioned alcoholic beverages.

I don't work in a toxic environment, that I know of. My company moved into our current building a year ago, and everything was gutted and redone and it is a "green" building.
    I do drive daily, but my car is 6 years old.

As far as air pollution, I don't know. I don't think it's that bad, though.

I certainly wouldn't try the 100mgs to get the detox over with quickly! I like the slow and steady approach. It feels good to my body and my mind. It took a long time to become this toxic, and I am not in a race. Going slowly I have no detox symptoms. And I am not entirely sure that this crazy breakout recently is from the 50mgs of iodine last week. As I said, I didn't break out this badly when I was taking way too much iodine when I first started. I may have gotten one or 2. And I'm not experiencing any broderma at all, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Don't use iodine on your face!!! It really does a number on your skin.

I've tried various iodine applications in my experiments with the moles, and tried a little acne painting on a cyst on my neck. I don't know what magic Grizz is doing, but painting and carrier oils don't do anything to my skin. The only thing that seems to work is to soak the entire pad (5 mm x 5 mm) of a commercial band-aid with Lugol's and slap one on every day. Even then, all it does is burn the entire skin layer to a crisp (I mean this literally, the skin is brown and breaks into pieces, like a scab), taking off layers of the flaw with it. My skin looks like a combination of ground beef and 2nd degree burn. It might be worth it for a mole, but not for a zit. And you don't want this on your face.

[No Grizz, do NOT yell at me to use a carrier oil. I tried it. It doesn't work.]

When the cyst gets close to the surface, you may try the home-made spot band-aid. Roll up a tiny piece of gauze into a tiny ball (2 mm x 2 mm), stick the gauze on a piece of adhesive tape, drop Lugol's on the guaze, and apply directly. Same effect but a much smaller area. Be very very careful, and take it off immediately if you feel it stinging.

I once put the iodine band-aid on a mosquito bite, and took it off after only one hour. It worked to stop the itch, but the burned skin stayed around for 10 days, while the bite would have been gone after 3 days. Sometimes it's best not to mess with something.
    oxide, thanks for this warning. This makes me think of the time that I soaked a small cotton pad with apple cider vinegar, put it over a cyst that I was trying to get rid of and covered that with a band aid (just over a year ago, come to think of it, which was the last time I had a cyst!). I did it for a few nights in a row and it got rid of the cyst alright, but it also burned the skin all around it. I would've been better off leaving it alone. I think that I will definitely be very careful with using iodine on my face. Oddly enough, my Retin-A spot treating isn't affecting these pimples at all, when it usually will nip them in the bud. Strange stuff!

If I give the iodine a try at all, it will definitely be with a carrier oil. I've got both jojoba and almond oil. I'm not sure I would use coconut oil as a carrier. The first 2 oils will sink into my skin after a time, but coconut oil always stays greasy on me.

Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi Paleo girl,

Here is a girl who discovered how to get rid of flouride, and get rid of acne. Some nice before and after pics.

Fluoroderma: Acne Caused by Fluoride Exposure

http://www.celluliteinvestigation.co...luoroderma.pdf

P.S. With evaporation you will absorb about 12% to 14% of iodine through the skin. I suspect one would absorb a higher percentage if you use grapeseed oil, olive oil, coconut oil with the Iodine or wrap the area, if possible with plastic or large bandaid. So 100 MILLIgrams of elemental iodine by itself, painted on, would give you 12mg to 14 mg's through your skin.

Be well,

t2t

P.S. You might want to try B5 (Pantothenic Acid) Most of the 33 reviews are positive and many of the women are in their 30’s. Most of these girls are taking 2000 milligrams to 5000 milligrams a day but hey, if it works…

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pan Acid (Pantothenic Acid) 1000mg Timed Release - 100 - Sustained Release Tablet
    Thanks for the info, t2t.

The thing is that aside from this breakout, I have been pretty much acne free for the past 8 years. This is all of a sudden, and so I do not believe that it's caused by fluoride (which is no longer in my water). I do recall Grizz posting that website awhile back, when I was trying to figure out what my broderma was! Definitely good stuff.
    Back when I was still dealing with cystic acne (in my 20s, prior to Accutane), I did try mega dosing pantothenic acid. It didn't work for me. There is not much that I didn't try back in those days! I raided the internet and jumped on any bandwagon that promised clear skin! Accutane was the only thing that worked for me.

I am sure that this is brought on by something recent. I added a new supplement (curcumin) into my regimen last week, so I am going to stop taking that for now. I've also been having copious amounts of heavy cream lately, and I generally have very little dairy. So I'm nixing that for now, too. Dairy never broke me out before, but I've noticed that I've become much more sensitive to certain foods after cutting them out for awhile (like grains and dairy!). Hopefully it will clear up just as quickly as it began.

I really appreciate all of the advice!!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    oxide, thanks for this warning. This makes me think of the time that I soaked a small cotton pad with apple cider vinegar, put it over a cyst that I was trying to get rid of and covered that with a band aid (just over a year ago, come to think of it, which was the last time I had a cyst!). I did it for a few nights in a row and it got rid of the cyst alright, but it also burned the skin all around it. I would've been better off leaving it alone. I think that I will definitely be very careful with using iodine on my face. Oddly enough, my Retin-A spot treating isn't affecting these pimples at all, when it usually will nip them in the bud. Strange stuff!

If I give the iodine a try at all, it will definitely be with a carrier oil. I've got both jojoba and almond oil. I'm not sure I would use coconut oil as a carrier. The first 2 oils will sink into my skin after a time, but coconut oil always stays greasy on me.
    HappyPaleoGirl,

Here is my idea for keeping iodine where you want it, and AWAY from where you don't want it. Ideal for a skin lesion, or maybe for your cyst. Get a can of black automotive graphite grease. With a Q-Tip carefully paint a black grease circle around your lesion where you do NOT want the iodine. . Now apply the iodine into the center of the grease circle with your dropper. WAHLAH grease protects your skin, lesion gets all the iodine. Wait for the iodine to dry, then wipe off all the grease.

Next, to keep the iodine spot from burning your skin, apply Grape Seed Oil to the skin. Grape Seed Oil is MAGICAL, it soaks into the skin to nourish it, and I am convinced it will prevent dermatitus. Test this out with a patch of skin on your wrist. Apply a patch of iodine every day, to the same spot, let it dry then apply grapeseed oil. Let me know how this works. After a week or even 2 weeks of doing this, should not see any dermatitus.

Hugs & Kisses,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-13-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned

OHHHH MYYYY GAAAWD ! This video is a MUST WATCH !

This video PROVES what I've been saying all along. The Drug companies are FAR WORSE than criminally irresponsible.
    Hugs & Kisses to Dr. Tenpenny. What Dr. Tenpenny is revealing is FAR WORSE than my worst nightmares. This is like a Science Fiction Horror Story ! Except it is REAL.

More confirmation of the horrors in the above video:
    Merck Teams With Gates Foundation to Further Worldwide Depopulation

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/07/...dation-to.html

Free Sterilization for Women under ObamaCare Aug 1st
    http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.co...amacare/17638/
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-14-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Grizz;898816]Paysan,
    Are you on medications for your familial hypercholesterolemia?
    Medications. Many cases of a swollen tongue are the result of a reaction to a medication such as an ACE inhibitor, used to treat high blood pressure, or an NSAID, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, such as aspirin, ibuprofen [Advil, Motrin], or naproxen [Aleve, Naprosyn]. A swollen tongue due to a reaction to ACE inhibitors usually occurs during the first year of taking the medication, but can also happen after years of taking it, says Dr. Feldweg.

No, Grizz, I and the medicos parted ways a long time ago on the matter of high cholesterol. After my stroke, they put me on statins - for 3 days only! The pain in my legs was so bad I simply refused. Then I participated in a double blind study, same result. No more trials. My allergies are more pollen and mould related, and we've just come off a cool damp spring. I cut out the b/p medicine weeks ago, am allergic to aspirin, and am left with thyroid, iodine protocol and heart-friendly nutrients. Iodine isn't through with me yet.;-)

Hey Grizz, while you're trying to figure out where Paleogirl is getting her toxic load from, go read her story. It is today's Friday feature of MDA, success stories, and she's got a dilly. Maybe you'll see more clearly what she's been dealing with.

And Paleogirl, great going! You give me hope for a less weighty older age.;-)

And my apologies to all, since apparently I can't tell the difference between a bird and a girl (both paleo). Iodine, you've got more work to do!

Grizz is offline Banned
    HappyPaleoGirl,

Are you taking any prescription drugs at all, any anti-depression drugs?
    Sometimes these can be LOADED with Fluorides & halogen toxins.
    Please list what you are taking, if any.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    FREE STERILIZATION FOR WOMEN UNDER OBAMA CARE AUG 1st

Did you know that sterilization will not cost women a penny under Obamacare? A new regulation that goes into effect on August 1st requires that health plans cover sterilization for all women with “reproductive capacity”.

That includes teenage girls. According to the new regulation, women must have access to sterilization “without having to pay a co-payment, co-insurance or a deductible.” So women will not have to pay a single penny out of pocket if they want to get sterilized. Of course this sterilization mandate will make health insurance more expensive for all of us, but the social engineers in Washington D.C. feel that increasing access to sterilization is a very important public policy goal.
    They truly believe that they are saving the planet by reducing human numbers. That is why “family planning” is always at the very heart of the “green agenda”. They want to sterilize women because that will help keep the population down. And if there are less people running around, there will be less of us to ruin “their planet” with all of our pollution.

The new Obamacare regulation requires health insurance policies to offer 100% coverage for all “approved contraceptive methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling for all women with reproductive capacity.”
    More:
    They Want To Sterilize American Women: Sterilization Won
    Grizz