Page 333 of 415 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 333

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i am a lady, i have pcos, i don't have fibro, i take a multivitamin, C & d3 and iodine and i feel exactly the same so i guess that's good
    gaining magic powers would have been better tho
    Since you have PCOS, I suggest you join the Yahoo Iodine Group and follow the recommendations by Dr. Buist in this document:The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine.
    Iodine | Stepping Stones Living, LLC

Dr. Buist & her team are excellent at the Yahoo Iodine Group, and will be a BIG help getting you through your PCOS

We also have several testimonials on the subject of PCOS in Iodine References.

PS)
    The Yahoo Iodine Group has 542 screens of valuable discussion when you search on "PCOS."

Hope this helps,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-13-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    While looking into my mirror, I noticed that my normally swollen tongue has retreated to its normal flexible self again. AS this just happened within a week of my beginning iodine supplementation, I've been watching to see if allergies will cause it to swell again. So far, no. And my tongue had been swollen for weeks. For some reason, my diction has improved as well.;- ) Interesting.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by youthfuliz View Post
    Grizz,

Thanks for the list again. I found one within 2 hours' drive. I'm moving in a few weeks, will contact the doctor after I settle down. I'm still reading this thread, now on page 21 out of 83, very excited about how iodine can help both men and women. I'm thinking of getting my parents to take it too, together with the cofactors.

Now that I'm feeling good I'm gonna get some work done here (have been doing iodine research for the last week) and get myself moved to the new place (start working in late August). Will keep posting about my iodine supplements and keep reading. I don't think I'll do anything dramatic, except maybe up the dosage. 37.5mg for the morning feels good. Will keep you posted. Hope my nodules shrink more. I've been applying lugol's iodine (2%) on my neck, the color disappears very quickly. I don't know how quickly, but I put plenty on at 11pm, when I woke up at 5:30am it was all gone. Did a skin test yesterday on my arm... it was gone within 2 hours. So I'll keep applying the liquid iodine on my thyroid, while taking the iodoral pills.

Liz
    Liz,
    Best of luck in your move. When you get in to see your new "Iodine Literate Doctor" can you ask him for us why so many doctors refuse to use iodine? Tell him of our testimonials where so many doctors are telling women to cut off their breasts instead of curing their Fibrocystic Breasts with simple iodine. Ask him why.

I'll wager that he will know that you know, and will clam up and refuse to speak. But I'm hoping he will speak up.

Great to tell your parents about iodine. No doubt your father is beginning to suffer with Prostate BPH and iodine will cure that before it becomes cancerous. It cured mine. I piss like a racehorse most of the time now. Iodine transformed my wife's breasts from baggy grainy things to what she used to have when she was 21yrs old. After 6 months she is up to 1-iodoral a day (12.5mg) from 1/2mg in Jan.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    While looking into my mirror, I noticed that my normally swollen tongue has retreated to its normal flexible self again. AS this just happened within a week of my beginning iodine supplementation, I've been watching to see if allergies will cause it to swell again. So far, no. And my tongue had been swollen for weeks. For some reason, my diction has improved as well.;- ) Interesting.
    Paysan,
    Are you on medications for your familial hypercholesterolemia?
    Medications. Many cases of a swollen tongue are the result of a reaction to a medication such as an ACE inhibitor, used to treat high blood pressure, or an NSAID, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, such as aspirin, ibuprofen [Advil, Motrin], or naproxen [Aleve, Naprosyn]. A swollen tongue due to a reaction to ACE inhibitors usually occurs during the first year of taking the medication, but can also happen after years of taking it, says Dr. Feldweg.
    Swollen Tongue - Asthma & Allergies Center - EverydayHealth.com

Or, what might you be allergic to?

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Liz's doctor is, of course, referring to deficiency only in terms of goiter and mental retardation.
    The doctor is NOT lying, he simply doesn't know. Or do you think there's some secret message in med school where they tell the doctors "psst don't tell patients about iodine, because if you do they'll be healthy and you'll go out of business."

As to the magnetics, Grizz, now you're making yourself look bad, VERY bad. Edgar Cayce is best known for being a psychic and a founder of the New Age movement at the turn of the 20th century. Not exactly an authority.

Magnetochemists determined long ago that iodine and iodide NOT magnetic. Iodine has a magnetic susceptibility of -90. Negative means NOT magnetic. (For comparison, iron compounds are +11000.) This is not medicine, or a study of studies, or conspiracy theories. Magnetic susceptibilities of inorganic elements and compounds are easily measurable finite chemical properties which were figured out decades ago.

http://www-d0.fnal.gov/hardware/cal/...lementmagn.pdf

Are you holding up magnets to the Lugol's bottle?
    Oxide,
    I don't think you read all of the messages I posted on magnetizing iodine. The real scientist over at Curezone is amazing. Wombat's research is 1st class, and I'm going to give her kisses on her neck if I ever meet her. Here is what she had to say about magnetizing liquids including WATER ! Magnetizing water sounds crazy, here is her research.

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    i distilled the basics down to a few simple principles and used magnets(still do) for a variety of things in many ways to help heal me. one of the biggest breakthrough for me was the effect magnets had on plain old water. i was amazed to find that magnetizing water had a quite discernable effect.

if you still have a microwave in your house, kill it. but dont make it a wanton killing. instead, sacrifice the poor wretch for its heart and soul - its magnets(careful of the capacitor, it bites!). the magnetron is basically a tube with two round donut shaped magnets around it, like small speaker magnets. these magnets are powerful and will pinch a blood blister on you if you let them.

anyway, take these two magnets and set them on the counterlying flat with opposite poles sticking up. with magnets, opposites attract, so then you can make sure the two sides that are up are opposite. place a glass on each of the magnets. pour an equal amount of water in each glass. wait thirty minutes. now take a sip of one, then place it back. take a sip of the other and replace it on the magnet. you will see a distinct difference. one will taste sharp and lively, almost acrid on the tongue. the other will be mellow, smooth, and not much taste at all. you have just sampled positively magnetized water and negatively magnetized water, in that order.

drinking the pos water will enliven and stimulate bio processes, both wanted and unwanted. the neg is a normalizing energy, very healing and not stimulating to pathogenic processes. this is similar in scope to the acid/alkaline scenario. pos water is acidic in nature and will help control the ph in aquatic environments downward. the neg is alkaline in nature and will help the ph remain or attain higher numbers. i have proved this myself with testing when i had hydroponics.

one can even take the pos water and the neg water in those glasses and mix the two. now you have mixed pole magnetized water. magnets are a great way to give your water structure. i went for many months carrying a juice bottle around with a magnet taped to the bottom(drove off with it on the roof of the car once and it stayed there). yes, it was a microwave magnet. the neg side was facing the water, so i was drinking negative mag water for healing. it was healing and always tasted smooth.

are we having fun yet? another fantastic source of magnets is old hard drives. everyone has one laying around, it seems. inside you will find two or four magnets, depending on how old the hard drive is. i like the ones where there is two seperate magnets instead of the one piece double magnets. thos you have to break in half and that can be difficult to do and have anything usable left. after you have broken into a few, you will see what i mean.

now, the nitty gritty. cayce had no powerful ceramic or rare earth magnets at his disposal. the only way to create a strong magnetic field was with electricity. well, you can take one of those hard drive magnets on one side of your hand and another on the other side and they will stay in place, attracting each other right through your hand. i dont need an electrolyte bath and 110 volts of electricity coursing through a liquid in front of me to creat a powerful magnetic field. i also dont need that large of a magnetic field(power is based on strength and size - the earth has a weak pull to us but its size makes it very powerful) if i am trying to effect a smaller amount of iodine.

you guessed it. i taped two magnets to my two ounce dropper bottle of Lugols last night. i placed them near the bottom on oppostie sides of one another and pulling each other throught the bottle. the magnets stood up against the botle by themselves and would flip over if i tried to turn one of them around. i have a very strong and active magnetic field in that small area running throught the bottle.

well, i placed ten drops of lugols in the beverage of my choice this morning and took a swig. whoah. i did not object to the sharp flavor the iodine imparted before this, but now it is gone. thats it. this strong iodine solution is an entirely different creature. so much so that i am posting here immediately instead of waiting for any further results. i am not completely sure what i have here, but if it isnt close to what cayce was talking about, i will eat your hat. but whatever it is, it cant hurt to do this. anybody else in? or do you want to wait and see if i post next from the emergency room?
    Outstanding Research Breakthrough re: Lugol's & Edgar Cayce by TRAPPER!!! *OLD GOLD* at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 847332)
    When my microwave oven breaks down, I'm going to pull out the magnets & repeat Wombats above experiment. This subject cannot be dismissed offhand just because Edgar Cayce discovered it. Wombat's experiments cannot be discredited. She has a brilliant track record over at the CureZone, and I LOVE her for her consistently 1st class research. Who do you know that would tear apart microwave ovens & hard drives to get their magnets? No one that I know.

I have not taken a position on magnetizing water or iodine yet, I am simply gathering the facts to learn more about it.
    T2T will soon chime in on his opinion of magnetized iodine. I'm looking forward to his opinion.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-12-2012 at 11:49 PM.

youthfuliz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Liz,
    Best of luck in your move. When you get in to see your new "Iodine Literate Doctor" can you ask him for us why so many doctors refuse to use iodine? Tell him of our testimonials where so many doctors are telling women to cut off their breasts instead of curing their Fibrocystic Breasts with simple iodine. Ask him why.

I'll wager that he will know that you know, and will clam up and refuse to speak. But I'm hoping he will speak up.

Great to tell your parents about iodine. No doubt your father is beginning to suffer with Prostate BPH and iodine will cure that before it becomes cancerous. It cured mine. I piss like a racehorse most of the time now. Iodine transformed my wife's breasts from baggy grainy things to what she used to have when she was 21yrs old. After 6 months she is up to 1-iodoral a day (12.5mg) from 1/2mg in Jan.

Grizz
    Thanks Grizz! I'm reading this thread to see how you and Mrs Grizz benefit from iodine! My parents definitely would love to have the same results! My dad does pee several time a night and he has accepted it as the way of life. If iodine can help him there I'm sure both mom and dad will be glad. Not to mention the other benefits.

When I see my iodine literate doctor I'll sure discuss with him the lack of general knowledge of iodine deficiency. I hope more doctors will be open to natural remedies when patients become more informed. We need to take things in our own hands and prevent diseases.

by the way, someone over at Dr. Kruse's site posted a question for you: The iodine Thread!!! - Page 7

Have a nice weekend,

Liz
    Last edited by youthfuliz; 07-13-2012 at 05:34 AM.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    PaleoGirl,
    Thank you for the update ! WOW! Jumping from 6.25mg to 50mg caused all of that detox? I don't see anything wrong with the other things you did. I'm glad you are feeling better.

How do you think you became loaded with so many toxins?

Grizz
    Hi Grizz,

That's a darned good question!! Even prior to going paleo 8 months ago, I had been eating a very clean diet for about a year before that - very minimal processed foods, etc. I did have a few stints of junk food indulgences, cookies, ice cream, bread, especially for the week that I was at Burning Man last year. When I was MUCH younger, I did eat a lot of processed crap. Perhaps all of those toxins just got stored up in my tissues and are now being released by the iodine.
    I'm now dealing with a pretty bad breakout, which hasn't happened since before I was on Accutane, 8 years ago! Even when I started off with way too much iodine at the beginning, I wasn't breaking out this badly. So it's yet another trial and error situation to see what is causing that! I can't imagine one day of 50mgs of iodine a week and a half ago would still be causing eruptions.

In any case, I've just upped my iodine today, since I've been feeling good for the past few days. Since I seem to have so many toxins to release, I am still trying to go slow. So while it took me 8 weeks to get up to 1 drop of 5% Lugol's, it will take me 4 weeks to reach 2 drops. Hopefully I won't need to go slower than this!

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if painting iodine on the acne would have any beneficial effect? I am getting a very hard painful cyst beginning to develop near my temple, and those bastards can stick around for months. I did a quick Google search, but everything I found suggests that iodine causes acne. I'm thinking it's more along the lines of a detox reaction though! Has anyone come across any research anywhere to suggest that painting iodine on pimples/acne cysts might help? Straight on the skin, or with a carrier oil? Hmmm, so many things to ponder!
    I'm a member of the Yahoo iodine group, but any time I've tried to search for information there, I just get lost in a tangled web of everything BUT what I'm looking for!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    I wonder if painting iodine on the acne would have any beneficial effect? I am getting a very hard painful cyst beginning to develop near my temple, and those bastards can stick around for months. I did a quick Google search, but everything I found suggests that iodine causes acne. I'm thinking it's more along the lines of a detox reaction though! Has anyone come across any research anywhere to suggest that painting iodine on pimples/acne cysts might help? Straight on the skin, or with a carrier oil? Hmmm, so many things to ponder!
    I'm a member of the Yahoo iodine group, but any time I've tried to search for information there, I just get lost in a tangled web of everything BUT what I'm looking for!
    HappyPaleoGirl,
    You will be even happier to learn that YES ! You are correct. It is the detox and the halide toxins causing your acne + cyst, not the iodine. You are correct, iodine will help both. Paint iodine over your cyst and it will break out & go away. Paint iodine over your worst acne to help it. However you must use an oil carrier to prevent Dermatitus damage to the skin. Iodine without a carrier oil WILL damage the skin. Mix the oil with iodine in the palm of your hand, then apply to the skin. I like to use Grapeseed Oil, but you can also use coconut oil, etc. I've got some testimonials on removing a cyst, see Iodine References.

IMO, you are having WAY TOO MANY detox problems. Are you CERTAIN you are not ingesting or breathing something loaded with Halides?
    * NO CITY WATER ( contains fluorides or chlorine )
    * No showers with contaminated city water. Filter your shower water.
    * NO BOTTLED WATER with chemicals added. Shockingly, even bottled water has fluoride added ! ! ! ! Read the labels carefully for added chemicals. It hard to find a brand of bottled water that is chemical free.
    * No Bottled Water made from CITY WATER, even if it says "Filtered" It requires an expensive reverse osmosis filter to remove fluoride.
    * No BEER made with CITY WATER
    * No makeup - no hair coloring ( you are attractive just the way you are )
    * No bread no baked goods ( contains Bromide)
    * No processed food. Eat only natural Paleo foods.
    * Nothing with alcohol ( made with city water)

See if any of these rings a bell:
    The Fluoride Glut: Sources of Fluoride Exposure
    Bromides?? In bread? - The Iodine Project
    The Chlorine Institute, Inc.

Where do you work? Do you work in a toxic environement?

There has to be a continuing source of Halides into your body. What about air pollution. Do you drive a new car every day?
    What do you think?

I must also add that Trapper at the Curezone has a controversial recommendation that taking 100mg daily of iodine expedites detox to get it ALL over with in just a few days. I am not recommending this. But we do have 2 people testing this concept out over there.

Trapper is a 50% owner of the Curezone Iodine Group and has 5 years of iodine experience under his belt. He is no dummy and he is not a crackpot in spite of some of his recommendations that seem crazy... His advice to jump into 100mg to expedite detox is counter intuitive and takes a HUGE leap of faith. I'm researching his controversial subjects.

Curezone VVT Iodine Group is a GREAT place to search for answers.
    http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815&p=264

If you get lost in menus after a search, just go to the top right
    * Click Forums
    * Click "Iodine Supplement Support by VVT
    This will get you back to the above starting screen. It will take some time to get used to the CureZone, but time well spent. The results are great. I LOVE their format to see an entire thread tree at once.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-13-2012 at 08:34 AM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    I wonder if painting iodine on the acne would have any beneficial effect?
    Don't use iodine on your face!!! It really does a number on your skin.

I've tried various iodine applications in my experiments with the moles, and tried a little acne painting on a cyst on my neck. I don't know what magic Grizz is doing, but painting and carrier oils don't do anything to my skin. The only thing that seems to work is to soak the entire pad (5 mm x 5 mm) of a commercial band-aid with Lugol's and slap one on every day. Even then, all it does is burn the entire skin layer to a crisp (I mean this literally, the skin is brown and breaks into pieces, like a scab), taking off layers of the flaw with it. My skin looks like a combination of ground beef and 2nd degree burn. It might be worth it for a mole, but not for a zit. And you don't want this on your face.

[No Grizz, do NOT yell at me to use a carrier oil. I tried it. It doesn't work.]

When the cyst gets close to the surface, you may try the home-made spot band-aid. Roll up a tiny piece of gauze into a tiny ball (2 mm x 2 mm), stick the gauze on a piece of adhesive tape, drop Lugol's on the guaze, and apply directly. Same effect but a much smaller area. Be very very careful, and take it off immediately if you feel it stinging.

I once put the iodine band-aid on a mosquito bite, and took it off after only one hour. It worked to stop the itch, but the burned skin stayed around for 10 days, while the bite would have been gone after 3 days. Sometimes it's best not to mess with something.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.