Page 331 of 415 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 331

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    You lost me at magnetised iodine sorry Grizz. Sounds like those fuel line magnets that make your car do 200mpg.
    Chronyx,
    I simply do not understand why magnets would improve iodine. I do know that iodine is magnetic just like metal. Thusly powerful magnets attached to the bottle could possibly be mixing the iodine? If I ever find anything that makes sense I'll post it here.

Grizz

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    John,

Didn't you say you were hearing reports of people having trouble with the ATP Co-Factors? What kind of problems were they having?

Gwynn
    No, I do not recall having made that comment. I just started my ATP Co-Factors a week or so ago.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by youthfuliz View Post
    yellowish urine and stinky sweat Well I can tolerate them, .
    I thought the yellow urine was just excess niacin and riboflavin (the B co-factors) and have nothing to do with the actual iodine. I had the day-glo pee from the first day I started the B-vitamins, and this is a month before I took any iodine at all.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

youthfuliz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I thought the yellow urine was just excess niacin and riboflavin (the B co-factors) and have nothing to do with the actual iodine. I had the day-glo pee from the first day I started the B-vitamins, and this is a month before I took any iodine at all.
    Interesting. But should vitamin B stink? I thought only bad stuff stink.

Went to a doctor that school health center referred. I wanted to hear how he interpret the ultrasound. He said mine nodules are very likely benign but he suggested biopsy to confirm - I asked if the only reason for the suggestion of biopsy was the size of my nodules, he said yes. I told him I'm moving to PA soon, he said this is not an emergency, I can deal with this after I settle down in my new place.

I told him about iodine supplement and what I read online, he is totally against it. Told me iodine deficiency is history... we don't have this problem in America now. I told him my nodules shrunk, I feel better, ect... he didn't want to hear about it. He said there's no need to supplement iodine... TOO BAD, I wasn't able to educate him. But I'm glad that my ultrasound looks good, that's actually all I wanted to hear from him. I was trying understand my ultrasound result, and needed some help there.

I asked him to give me an iodien deficiency test, he said there's no need for that. Asked for another ultrasound to see if my nodules shrunk, he said you can ask the doctor who does your biopsy to do it... So I guess I'll find a doctor who knows about iodine next time. And use ultrasound to monitor my thyroid.

Actually took 37.5mg iodoral this morning. Will take 25mg in the early afternoon. Feeling good.

Grizz,

I'm a member of the yahoo iodine group now. Haven't posted, but used the search function and read about earlier discussions on nodules and biopsy. It's very helpful! Thanks for letting me know of this source.

Liz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Originally Posted by chronyx
    You lost me at magnetised iodine sorry Grizz. Sounds like those fuel line magnets that make your car do 200mpg.
    Chronyx,
    I simply do not understand why magnets would improve iodine. I do know that iodine is magnetic just like metal. Thusly powerful magnets attached to the bottle could possibly be mixing the iodine? If I ever find anything that makes sense I'll post it here.

And here it is:
    Some of the original messages at the Curezone sheds light on this subject.
    Thread: Re: generic nascent iodine with magnets at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (ThreadID: 1185387)

Trapper is using magnets on his iodine to simulate Edgar Cayce's "Atomodine," described in detail here:
    How to Make Atomodine

Edgar Cayce discusses Atomodine in depth.
    Atomidine Edgar Cayce Readings

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    I did not object to the sharp flavor the iodine imparted before this, but now it is gone. thats it. this strong iodine solution is an entirely different creature (after being magnetized)
    Wombat has the very best description here, extremely worthwhile reading.

Outstanding Research Breakthrough re: Lugol's & Edgar Cayce by TRAPPER!!!
    Trapper just started production on Lugols 5% with magnets for those interested in trying it.
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1962399#i
    Let us know what you think.

So there it is. Food for thought to help everyone decide for yourselves.
    I don't have any opinions yet. Lets ask T2T.

T2T,
    What is your opinion now, after 4 years of experience. Has magnetized iodine done anything unusually good for you? Do you think magnetized Lugols might be better in some way?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-12-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by youthfuliz View Post
    Interesting. But should vitamin B stink? I thought only bad stuff stink.

Went to a doctor that school health center referred. I wanted to hear how he interpret the ultrasound. He said mine nodules are very likely benign but he suggested biopsy to confirm - I asked if the only reason for the suggestion of biopsy was the size of my nodules, he said yes. I told him I'm moving to PA soon, he said this is not an emergency, I can deal with this after I settle down in my new place.

I told him about iodine supplement and what I read online, he is totally against it. Told me iodine deficiency is history... we don't have this problem in America now. I told him my nodules shrunk, I feel better, ect... he didn't want to hear about it. He said there's no need to supplement iodine... TOO BAD, I wasn't able to educate him. But I'm glad that my ultrasound looks good, that's actually all I wanted to hear from him. I was trying understand my ultrasound result, and needed some help there.

I asked him to give me an iodien deficiency test, he said there's no need for that. Asked for another ultrasound to see if my nodules shrunk, he said you can ask the doctor who does your biopsy to do it... So I guess I'll find a doctor who knows about iodine next time. And use ultrasound to monitor my thyroid.

Actually took 37.5mg iodoral this morning. Will take 25mg in the early afternoon. Feeling good.
    Liz,
    I told you your Doc would try to talk you out of iodine. The medical industry cannot tolerate anything that CURES people and which would result in a substantial drop in income. They want to endlessly TREAT symptoms, not CURE them. Can you imagine how much Breast Cancer, & mammogram revenue would go up in smoke if ALL women cured their Fibrocystic Breasts using iodine?

Use this listing to find your next doctor. Everyone on this list supports & promotes iodine. Many thanks to Lynne Farrow, director at Breast Cancer Choices.
    Iodine Literate Practitoners Directory

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-12-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Grizz,

Thanks for the list again. I found one within 2 hours' drive. I'm moving in a few weeks, will contact the doctor after I settle down. I'm still reading this thread, now on page 21 out of 83, very excited about how iodine can help both men and women. I'm thinking of getting my parents to take it too, together with the cofactors.

Now that I'm feeling good I'm gonna get some work done here (have been doing iodine research for the last week) and get myself moved to the new place (start working in late August). Will keep posting about my iodine supplements and keep reading. I don't think I'll do anything dramatic, except maybe up the dosage. 37.5mg for the morning feels good. Will keep you posted. Hope my nodules shrink more. I've been applying lugol's iodine (2%) on my neck, the color disappears very quickly. I don't know how quickly, but I put plenty on at 11pm, when I woke up at 5:30am it was all gone. Did a skin test yesterday on my arm... it was gone within 2 hours. So I'll keep applying the liquid iodine on my thyroid, while taking the iodoral pills.

Liz
    Last edited by youthfuliz; 07-12-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    liz,

Your messages have helped everyone more than you know. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are making history and the BEST is yet to come for women around the world. We are a very tiny group but we are having a BIG impact. Every member here is making a huge difference. If you see your old doctor again, ask him why he is LYING about iodine. Ask him who told him to lie. I am curious. ( I always ask members what their doctors say )

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-12-2012 at 08:35 AM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Liz's doctor is, of course, referring to deficiency only in terms of goiter and mental retardation.
    The doctor is NOT lying, he simply doesn't know. Or do you think there's some secret message in med school where they tell the doctors "psst don't tell patients about iodine, because if you do they'll be healthy and you'll go out of business."

As to the magnetics, Grizz, now you're making yourself look bad, VERY bad. Edgar Cayce is best known for being a psychic and a founder of the New Age movement at the turn of the 20th century. Not exactly an authority.

Magnetochemists determined long ago that iodine and iodide NOT magnetic. Iodine has a magnetic susceptibility of -90. Negative means NOT magnetic. (For comparison, iron compounds are +11000.) This is not medicine, or a study of studies, or conspiracy theories. Magnetic susceptibilities of inorganic elements and compounds are easily measurable finite chemical properties which were figured out decades ago.

http://www-d0.fnal.gov/hardware/cal/...lementmagn.pdf

Are you holding up magnets to the Lugol's bottle?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.