Page 330 of 415 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 330

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Grizz,

I like that article of Dr.Derry's. It seems to one that would be good to spread on facebook and other social sites.

Derry. Iodine and the Breast -- Research

http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

These two links seem to be the essential two to post.

LJ
    I agree but I am not a member of any social sites. I quit on Facebook because it ended up being a royal pain in my A--. Can everyone post those links to their facebook?

Grizz

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    The Japanese do not live a whole lot healthier life than we do. The Japanese have a large number of the population who smoke, and they burn their garbage which contributes to very poor air quality. Yet they suffer from low rates of lung cancer.

The Japanese have also been developing a sweet tooth, look down the candy isles of your local Asian food market, mine has two whole rows of just Japanese candy. Japan has many cafes that serve just deserts, some are the all-you-can-eat type. But yet the Japanese again have extremely low rates of obesity even though their consumption of processed/sweet foods have gone up.

The Japanese are lucky that they have such nutrient rich foods that are cheap and in abundance, I think its the main reason why they live so well. For someone like me who lives in the Midwest, trying to get fresh quality seafood and seaweed like the Japanese do is difficult and expensive. Sure eating real food would be a better way to go, but Lugol's iodine + the supplements is much cheaper and easier.
    Thats actually great! i simply quoted Dr. Davis. Seems he is held in some esteem since he is listed in your "much more" section. Any issues with his recommendations for dose of 500-1000mcg.....of which he states "A very easy way to get this dose of iodine is in the form of kelp tablets, i.e., dried seaweed, essentially mimicking the natural means of intake that also provides iodine in all its varied forms (iodide, sodium iodate, potassium iodide, potassium iodate, iodinated proteins, etc.) This has worked out well with no ill effects. " .....should likely be directed toward him, but thank you for asking my opinion Grizz .

I'll continue to do some of my own research though.

Peace Out.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-11-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I finally got around to questioning the man who suggests taking 100mg of iodine to start in order to minimize detox symptoms. He is far from a crackpot and is one of the list owners at Curzone. So what he says carries some weight.
    Here is his response:
    Re: Why am I not having any bromide reactions now? Plateau effect? at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1962203)
    Re: Why am I not having any bromide reactions now? Plateau effect? at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1962224)
    Trapper also promotes "Magnetized Iodine"
    Re: Why am I not having any bromide reactions now? Plateau effect? at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1962217)

This is all counter intuitive and will take a great leap of faith for anyone new to iodine to try.

I'll post a message over there at Curzone to see how many newbees were successful starting with 100mg++ of iodine.

What do you guys think of this radical idea? Is it worth investigating? I know, it all sounds crazy.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-11-2012 at 11:48 AM.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    You lost me at magnetised iodine sorry Grizz. Sounds like those fuel line magnets that make your car do 200mpg.

youthfuliz is offline Junior Member
    My internet order of iodoral, ATP cofactors and lugol's iodine arrived. Tomorrow I'll be on 50mg of iodoral. I have the 12.5mg version and the 50mg version just in case I'll need to pulse dose. Oh also got my sea salt, already had one salt loading... I like the taste of it! Will use sea salt to cook from now on. Still no detox, energy level is good. I'll paint lugol's iodine (I have the 2% version) on my neck before bed I know it'll disappear in the morning.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by youthfuliz View Post
    My internet order of iodoral, ATP cofactors and lugol's iodine arrived. Tomorrow I'll be on 50mg of iodoral. I have the 12.5mg version and the 50mg version just in case I'll need to pulse dose. Oh also got my sea salt, already had one salt loading... I like the taste of it! Will use sea salt to cook from now on. Still no detox, energy level is good. I'll paint lugol's iodine (I have the 2% version) on my neck before bed I know it'll disappear in the morning.
    Liz,
    We have a guinea pig to test Trappers Research that 100mg of iodoral to start has far less of detox Symptoms:
    How do you know how much Iodoral to take? at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1962284)

I have yet to be convinced, I will have to watch and see many more guinea pigs.
    Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Liz,
    We have a guinea pig to test Trappers Research that 100mg of iodoral to start has far less of detox Symptoms:
    How do you know how much Iodoral to take? at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1962284)

I have yet to be convinced, I will have to watch and see many more guinea pigs.
    Grizz
    Since 50mg is working for me I'll keep this level for a while. I acutally could have taken 75mg in one day last weekend since the drops are hard to calculate and I simply loved how I felt with it... so I could had a 75mg day without realizing it. And I did have more brazilian nuts to go with it... Now that I have my iodoral I can be very accurate. 25mg in the morning, 25mg with lunch. If I continue to feel good with no obvious detox I may increase to 75mg. Acutally I do have other detox symptoms: yellowish urine and smelly sweat :P I'm actually glad since I know bad stuff is leaving my body. Had a minor headache for a day or so but I didn't mind it. Now about 5 days into this I think my body has got used to additional iodine in it and am happy about it. I guess after I read Dr. Brownstein's book on thyroid and iodine I may be ready to up the dosage. I ordered from his website but there was no express shipping... should have ordered from amazon.

Somehow I lost a post... but anyways, since I'm feeling well at 50mg I'll keep doing this for another week at least. I do have other detox symptoms: yellowish urine and stinky sweat Well I can tolerate them, and I know bad stuff are leaving my body, YAY!!! I think I may have had a 75mg day last weekend since the drops were hard to calculate and I loved my iodine! I did have more brazil nuts to go with it too. After I receive my Brownstein books I may feel ready to step up to 75mg. Tomorrow I'll do 25mg at breakfast, 25mg at lunch.
    Last edited by youthfuliz; 07-11-2012 at 04:40 PM.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    You lost me at magnetised iodine sorry Grizz. Sounds like those fuel line magnets that make your car do 200mpg.
    LOL! Back in the 60's, my Dad bought a used Chrysler Newport at the factory auction. After he sold it, the engineers came looking for it. My Dad played dumb about it even when they said they only wanted the spark plugs. He told the customer to watch the car. The customer reported extreme fuel efficiency and did not have to change the spark plugs for 100,000 miles. Obivously these were early prototype platinum tipped spark plugs. So this lends credence o some of those 'miracle auto parts' claims.

Meanwhile on the iodine front, since I have reached 50mgs with no serious detox issues, I have been thinking of jumping to 100 mg in a few steps.

And what is magnetized iodine?

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    John,

Didn't you say you were hearing reports of people having trouble with the ATP Co-Factors? What kind of problems were they having?

Gwynn