Page 328 of 415 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 328

youthfuliz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Grizz,

I won't let anyone scare me away from iodine. Especially since I have watched the 100 minute long Dr. Brownstein video and know that it's the deficiency of iodine that opens door to cancer, not the other way around. The fact that my nodule shrinked already after 3 days' iodine supplementing says clearly that my body likes iodine. And I have better mood, more energy, more willing to get things done. I will keep supplementing and wait for 3 months to see how it goes, maybe do another ultrasound.

Thank you Grizz for gathering all the information online and speaking on the forums. Finding all this information online made it possible for me to go out and buy iodine/iodide and co-factor supplements and deal with my nodule right away. And I know it's good not just for my thyroid, but every cell of my body. Glad that I find it out now.

PS: thanks for the list of doctors. When I find a thyroid doctor I'll make sure she/he understands iodine first.
    Last edited by youthfuliz; 07-10-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Liz,
    Wait until you see what iodine does for your breasts !

I swear they took 40 years off of Mrs Grizz's breasts. The breasts just LOVE iodine. So being in your 30's you could be noticing some tiny lumps & bumps in your breasts . They will melt away within just a few months.

Iodine seems to be a Miracle from God. IMO, it is a sin that the medical profession is trying their best to bury it.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems from the Internet
    =================
    (List owner requests remaining anonymous)

A very nice discussion of Detox
    ======================

Re: fluoride detox

Since its DEFINETLY 'Iodine related', and isn't mentioned when talking about 'de-tox', thought I should point this out.
    There are 2 types of 'de-tox' one might experience, when taking iodine; one is what we commonly discuss on this group; the 'detoxing' of halides, like Bromine and Floride. But, ther IS another! Iodine IS an 'anti-biotic', or at least 'anti-bacterial', as well as somewhat of an 'anti-viral' and (as far as i know) may even be somewhat of an anti-fungal, anti-yeast, and anti-parasite.
    As we often re-assure 'newbies', it will NOT kill the 'Good' bacteria, such as the 'pro-biotics' living in our gut; such bacteria have evolved to live in the gut of a host (us) that has iodine as an essential element. However, it WILL kill 'bad' bacteria, viruses, etc. living in us.In fact, having had low levels of iodine, for years, may have 'encouraged' such 'creepy-crawly's' to thrive in our body.
    When we start on iodine, these C.C.'s are going to start to die, and as they die, they are going to release TOXINS.
    Think of when we get the Flu; initially, we have no symptoms.Then, our immune system responds, and starts fighting the virus, killing off large #'s of the CC's, and THATS when we begin to experience the symptoms; because as the flu
    virus begins dieing in large #'s, it relesases large #'s of toxins, and it is those toxins which cause us to experience the symptoms. SAME thing when we start taking Iodine; the difference is, we can control how 'rapidly', or #'s of CC's dieing per hour, by controlling how much iodine we take. So, we can reduce the severity of the 'symptoms' by reducing the amount of
    iodine we take; something we can't do, when 'fighting' the flu! We are told to drink lots of fluids, when fighting the flu; thats to make us 'pee' a lot; in order to eliminate these toxins rapidly. Same applies to 'detoxing' from taking iodine.We are encouraged to drink lots of orange juice, in particular; these toxins are largely 'free radials', and so anti-oxidants,
    (like Vit.C)as free radical scavengers, will minimise the damage these toxins can do, on their way out. SAME applies, when taking Iodine. The 'salt loading' is said to specifically 'bind' the Bromide, and help to quickly 'carry' it out of the body, but it also increasing urine output, which can also help with these 'other' (biological source) toxins, resulting from dieing CC's.
    Finally, with the Flu, you have no ability to take your foot off the gas, (of your immune system) and so 'have to feel worse, before you can feel better'; this is NOT the case, when taking Iodine! Maximise your detox pathways, but then Titrate, or adjust your dosage, to minimise these 'detox'symptoms; there is no need to make yourself 'sick'. Detoxing, whether Bromide or Biologic toxins, is extremely stressful on the adrenals. If the Iodine is 'killing off' large #'s of these bacteria/virus, etc.
    the immune system has to produce lots of 'anti-bodies', to goin and 'clean up the mess'; and the immune system virtually runs on Cortisol, and can 'sap' your levels of Cortisol fairly quickly. (If taking even low doses of Iodine 'puts you to bed', 'feeling like your going to die'; THIS is what has happened, and is a clear indication your adrenals need serious intervention and help.)If you know your adrenals are exhausted, you might want to do some work to repair them first, or at least stay at very low doses of Iodine,until you've been able to 'strengthen' the adrenals, somewhat.If you suspect your adrenals may be
    'exhausted', might want to have an adrenal saliva test, to assess your adrenal function, PRIOR to starting Iodine treatment.Personally, since EVERYONE is low in Iodine, and EVERYONE is loaded up with Bromide, I think limited $ for testing
    would be better spent on a Adrenal saliva test, than on an Iodine loading or Bromide test.
    - - -

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-10-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Just wondered if anyone has tried supplementing iodine using Thyadine? It's only 150mcg per drop, so that would make it easy to take a smaller amount of iodine than with the Lugol's 2%, which is 3mg per drop, and has to be diluted in order to take a smaller dose.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I don't really understand what your geeking about in terms of the repeat on associated nutrient list?

"My experience has shown that most adults will do well taking iodine in the range of 25-50 mg/day. Children need lower doses and can be dosed appropriately based on their size. My experience has shown that a healthy individual taking 50 mg of iodine/day will achieve iodine sufficiency in approximately 6 months." Dr. David Brownstein MD

He makes no mention of the list of additional supplements unless your talking about an individual with a "serious illness".

So thats right from you man? Am I missing something.

I mean I did also come across this from Dr. Davis

"But what if our question is what is the quantity of iodine required for ideal thyroid function and overall health? Ah, that’s where the data are sketchy. We know, for instance, that the Japanese obtain somewhere between 3,500 and 13,000 mcg per day (varying widely due to different habits and locations). Are they healthier than us? Yes, quite a bit healthier, though there may be other effects to account for this, such as a culture of less sweet foods and more salty, less wheat consumption, etc. There are advocates in the U.S., such as Dr. David Brownstein in Michigan, who argues that some people benefit by taking doses in the 30,000 to 50,000 mcg per day range (monitored with urinary iodine levels).

As is often the case with nutrients, we lack data to help us decide where the truly ideal level of intake lies. So I have been using and advocating intakes of 500 to 1000 mcg per day from iodine capsules, tablets, or drops. A very easy way to get this dose of iodine is in the form of kelp tablets, i.e., dried seaweed, essentially mimicking the natural means of intake that also provides iodine in all its varied forms (iodide, sodium iodate, potassium iodide, potassium iodate, iodinated proteins, etc.) This has worked out well with no ill effects. "

Bit more...from kelp. No supplement list?

youthfuliz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Liz,
    Wait until you see what iodine does for your breasts !

I swear they took 40 years off of Mrs Grizz's breasts. The breasts just LOVE iodine. So being in your 30's you could be noticing some tiny lumps & bumps in your breasts . They will melt away within just a few months.

Iodine seems to be a Miracle from God. IMO, it is a sin that the medical profession is trying their best to bury it.

Grizz
    Good to know! I'll definitely love that! Will introduce iodine supplements to my family too.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    Just wondered if anyone has tried supplementing iodine using Thyadine? It's only 150mcg per drop, so that would make it easy to take a smaller amount of iodine than with the Lugol's 2%, which is 3mg per drop, and has to be diluted in order to take a smaller dose.
    The iodine doctors recommend Lugols Iodine or Iodoral Capsules because they contain both iodine AND Potassium Iodide. Both minerals are required by the human body, and the low dosage is only for a short time to prevent potential detox symptoms. You will be titrating up to much higher high levels of Lugols. So for these reasons, thyradine is not recommended.

Lugols is also the least expensive choice on a mg per drop basis.

So bottom line Lugols is the right choice.

Hope this helps,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I don't really understand what your geeking about in terms of the repeat on associated nutrient list?

"My experience has shown that most adults will do well taking iodine in the range of 25-50 mg/day. Children need lower doses and can be dosed appropriately based on their size. My experience has shown that a healthy individual taking 50 mg of iodine/day will achieve iodine sufficiency in approximately 6 months." Dr. David Brownstein MD

He makes no mention of the list of additional supplements unless your talking about an individual with a "serious illness".

So thats right from you man? Am I missing something.

I mean I did also come across this from Dr. Davis

"But what if our question is what is the quantity of iodine required for ideal thyroid function and overall health? Ah, that’s where the data are sketchy. We know, for instance, that the Japanese obtain somewhere between 3,500 and 13,000 mcg per day (varying widely due to different habits and locations). Are they healthier than us? Yes, quite a bit healthier, though there may be other effects to account for this, such as a culture of less sweet foods and more salty, less wheat consumption, etc. There are advocates in the U.S., such as Dr. David Brownstein in Michigan, who argues that some people benefit by taking doses in the 30,000 to 50,000 mcg per day range (monitored with urinary iodine levels).

As is often the case with nutrients, we lack data to help us decide where the truly ideal level of intake lies. So I have been using and advocating intakes of 500 to 1000 mcg per day from iodine capsules, tablets, or drops. A very easy way to get this dose of iodine is in the form of kelp tablets, i.e., dried seaweed, essentially mimicking the natural means of intake that also provides iodine in all its varied forms (iodide, sodium iodate, potassium iodide, potassium iodate, iodinated proteins, etc.) This has worked out well with no ill effects. "

Bit more...from kelp. No supplement list?
    The Iodine Project lead by Dr. Abrams & Dr. Brownstein made the required list of supplements to take with your iodine. Disregard this list of required supplements at your own peril. The rest of us follow Doctors Orders.
    Iodine Therapy Guidelines
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

Would anyone else like to help Mr. NeckHammer out with his questions?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-10-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    The Iodine Project lead by Dr. Abrams & Dr. Brownstein made the required list of supplements to take with your iodine. Disregard this list of required supplements at your own peril. The rest of us follow Doctors Orders.

Grizz
    Meh, I do EVERYTHING at my own peril.....no worries

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Why not kelp? If your seawater source is totally unpolluted, there is nothing wrong with various sea plants. But anymore, the oceans are becoming sewers, and kelp is now downrated as an iodine source due to heavy metals and other toxins. So I'm sticking with Lugol's for small amounts of iodine, and iodoral for larger doses on a sensitive stomach.