Page 326 of 415 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 326

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    a good multi will HAVE all of those, grizz
    Bloodorchid,

We are still waiting for you to give us the brand name of your good multi.

Grizz

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    The 400mg magnesium and 1,000mg vit C are like the size of horse pills. I seriously have trouble swallowing those damn suckers. I wish there was a magician to transform those into a tiny multi vitamin i can swallow easily.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    The 400mg magnesium and 1,000mg vit C are like the size of horse pills. I seriously have trouble swallowing those damn suckers. I wish there was a magician to transform those into a tiny multi vitamin i can swallow easily.
    Lizzy,
    I second your wish, and I also have trouble swallowing them.

Originally Posted by bloodorchid
    And I also wish that Bloodorchid gives us the brand name of his magical "Good Multi"
    I am waiting in breathless anticipation.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-09-2012 at 12:21 PM.

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Grizz - If you keep up, you're soon going to drive away any interest from this thread...
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    Grizz - If you keep up, you're soon going to drive away any interest from this thread...
    What advice do you have for Bloodorchid?

Originally Posted by bloodorchid
    Grizz

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Maybe, Grizz, you haven't been able to find a multi vitamin that has everything in correct mounts - is that you need both vitamins and minerals. I saw some a few years ago, subdivided into multi vites and multi minerals (a multilevel sales item) that probably would have done it. But here again, not in a single pill. And they were expensive! Taking a handful of pills doesn't bother me too much, although once in a while I go on strike and hold off everything for a day. I also stop my iodine (now up to 8 drops of 2% Lugol's) for one day a week. Just because. ;-)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Paysan & Bloodorchid,

I am eagerly awaiting any suggestions on a multi brand name to replace what we are now taking. It would be nice to also provide us with a link to such multi.

Thanks for the suggestions,
    Grizz

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    I just wanted to come back and update on the status of my cold/flu/strep throat, whatever the heck it was.

Here was my morning attack dose of everything:
    1 tbsp. of coconut oil in my coffee
    15,000 IU D3
    25 mgs of Lugol's
    15 drops of grapefruit seed extract mixed in with 4 grams of chlorella
    1 tsp. fermented cod liver oil and butter oil (usual dose is 1/2 tsp.)

After an hour or two, I noticed that I was starting to feel better. By the afternoon, my fever was completely gone (it had been around 102 when I woke up in the morning). I had the chlorella and GSE 3 more times, as well as 2 more Tbsp. of coconut oil throughout the day. I also gargled a few times with warm salt water (celtic sea salt).
    In the late afternoon/early evening, I started to feel exhausted again, and the fever started to come back. I had an idea that it had been the iodine that had made me feel so much better. So I took another 25 mgs, and sure enough, within a few hours, the fever was dropping again and I was feeling a bit better.
    I went to sleep early, taking another 15,000 IU of D3 before bed.

The next morning I woke up with only a slightly increased temperature, and a little bit of tiredness and sore throat. By the end of that day, it felt like I was not sick at all!! On the contrary, I had a lot of energy and felt great!

I was due to increase my dose, but have decided to stay put at 6.25 mgs for a few more days, due to the 50 mgs on Wednesday.

Iodine really is amazing stuff!!
    Hindsight really is 20/20. So while I effectively knocked out whatever was beginning to plague me, I paid the price for those 50 mgs of iodine on Wednesday! On Friday, I woke up feeling exhausted. I was lethargic and had brain fog all day. I chalked it up to still fighting off the sickness. Saturday and Sunday brought more of the same, including some anxiety and depression. I figured out by Saturday that the high dose of iodine had released a load of toxins into my blood stream which my body was not ready to deal with! Yesterday I could smell the bromines being excreted via the oil in my scalp. Since the salt flushes have never worked for me, I've been employing every other method that I can think of to deal w/detox. I've been drinking lots of water, have been taking extra chlorella, employed dry skin brushing, long hot epsom salt baths and a coffee enema. Today I am finally starting to feel the fog lift some, thankfully! I have been so innately content for the past couple of months, that losing it again, even for a few days, has been painful! I'd actually rather be sick!
    Now I will know for next time - I'll employ every other secret weapon in my arsenal against sickness, but my iodine dose will stay the same!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    Hindsight really is 20/20. So while I effectively knocked out whatever was beginning to plague me, I paid the price for those 50 mgs of iodine on Wednesday! On Friday, I woke up feeling exhausted. I was lethargic and had brain fog all day. I chalked it up to still fighting off the sickness. Saturday and Sunday brought more of the same, including some anxiety and depression. I figured out by Saturday that the high dose of iodine had released a load of toxins into my blood stream which my body was not ready to deal with! Yesterday I could smell the bromines being excreted via the oil in my scalp. Since the salt flushes have never worked for me, I've been employing every other method that I can think of to deal w/detox. I've been drinking lots of water, have been taking extra chlorella, employed dry skin brushing, long hot epsom salt baths and a coffee enema. Today I am finally starting to feel the fog lift some, thankfully! I have been so innately content for the past couple of months, that losing it again, even for a few days, has been painful! I'd actually rather be sick!
    Now I will know for next time - I'll employ every other secret weapon in my arsenal against sickness, but my iodine dose will stay the same!
    PaleoGirl,
    Thank you for the update ! WOW! Jumping from 6.25mg to 50mg caused all of that detox? I don't see anything wrong with the other things you did. I'm glad you are feeling better.

How do you think you became loaded with so many toxins?

Grizz

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    I take 2 x 200 mg magnesium so they aren't so big.

I found a bottle of vitamin C crystals instead of the pills. One teaspoon is 4000 mg and it dissolves right into a smoothie.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.