Page 324 of 415 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 324

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post

Also, to anybody else out there. Don't take carnitine. It interferes with the thyroid.

Lynne
    Could you expand on this and/or provide some source info?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Up to 50mg and no major detox along the way at all.
    I have had the benefit of living in parts of the UK where there is no floride in water and living in very old houses (no carpets etc).

I am not sure what to think about the lack of detox symptoms.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hijimmy View Post
    Grizz,
    I am taking the other supplements. Not all from day one. I added them as I went along. Yes it is clear that I started too fast. Unfortunately there are other sources on the net which say dose up quick, and its a dumb idea. Others say take 150 mcg which is ineffective. I am taking himalayan pink salts from trader joes, are they ok?
    hijimmy,
    Himalayan Pink Salt is a very good choice. The problem with iodine is all the misinformation, lies & distortions out there. We have the time tested & proven procedures that work out the best, based on the experiences of our many members. I have distilled the best of the best doctors into our iodine procedures.

So who do you trust? You can have confidence in our Dr. Brownstein "Iodine Project" based procedures..

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Up to 50mg and no major detox along the way at all.
    I have had the benefit of living in parts of the UK where there is no floride in water and living in very old houses (no carpets etc).

I am not sure what to think about the lack of detox symptoms.
    Dirlot,
    Sometimes detox symptoms don't start pouring out until we reach 100mg, and even then some have reported that they were at this high level for several months before detox appeared. Are you are taking ALL of the required supplements? If not, this could explain why. The ATP Cofactors are required to open pathways to detox.

Required supplements:
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
    - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred
    - - ATP Cofactors caplet contains both 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio. Take 1 caplet with iodine up to 50mg, then another caplet for each 50 mg iodine,

When you think you have finished the detox program, you might want to take the official urine loading/bromide/fluoride test to be certain you are clean.
    Hakala Research - Home

Another indication is that if your Lugolls Skin Patch test lasts for 24 hours.

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Dirlot,
    Sometimes detox symptoms don't start pouring out until we reach 100mg, and even then some have reported that they were at this high level for several months before detox appeared. Are you are taking ALL of the required supplements? If not, this could explain why. The ATP Cofactors are required to open pathways to detox.

Required supplements:
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
    - - ATP Cofactors caplet contains both 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio. Take 1 caplet with iodine up to 50mg, then another caplet for each 50 mg iodine,

When you think you have finished the detox program, you might want to take the official urine loading/bromide/fluoride test to be certain you are clean.
    Hakala Research - Home

Another indication is that if your Lugolls Skin Patch test lasts for 24 hours.

Grizz
    Celtic sea salt
    Brazil nut
    Good mutii vit
    vit D
    so if not perfect should be good.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Celtic sea salt
    Brazil nut
    Good mutii vit
    vit D
    so if not perfect should be good.
    Sorry to say, but not good at all. You are wasting your time and money on iodine if you are not taking ALL of the required supplements.

Required supplements:

I suggest that you follow doctor Brownstein's orders and take all if the required supplements. I also suggest starting over with a small dose of iodine when you get the required supplements.

You can do it any way you want, but following doctors orders gives the best results.

Grizz

OK, going to look at the co-factors, everything looks like it is ok with multivit and diet.
    I thought vit D was a big one too.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    a good multi will HAVE all of those, grizz
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    a good multi will HAVE all of those, grizz
    Bloodorchid & dirlot,

Of course a multi has all of the required supplements, but just not enough of each. Look at the dosage in your supplement bottle and compare to the required dosage. You will see the amount is totally inadequate. If you know of a multi that has the correct supplement at the correct dosage, let me know the brand so we can recommend it for everyone. Dr. Brownstein did assume that we would be getting a portion of our needed supplements with food, so the required supplements list takes food into consideration.

If your multi has the correct mg of B2, B3, C, mag & selenium then go for it. I know that multi vitamins just don't have enough of each. Read the label on the bottle carefully. It is essential to get enough of each supplement.

Vitamin D3 is indeed very important, but not part of the iodine protocol.

You can do it your way, or follow doctors orders. Most of us prefer to follow doctors orders so we don't get into nasty thyroid problems . I'm sure you have seen the horror stories that have happened to people taking iodine without the required supplements. Things like hyperthyroidism, thyroid storm, Hashimotos Disease, trips to the emergency room. DON'T PLAY GAMES WITH YOUR THYROID. This is a very serious subject. If you do not want to follow doctors orders, then I suggest that you do not take iodine at all.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-09-2012 at 06:02 AM.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Hi Grizz,

Here is a post by abc girl about the prostate and iodine painting a long time ago.
    This doctor used Almond oil. I will post my reply that I made to Abcxyz on my next post.
    As you will see a doctor used 10% iodine set in alcohol to treat Burn victims. How could such a strong iodine be used on 2nd and 3rd degree burn patients? I will try to answer that at the end of my next post. t2t

"Effects of Iodine on enlarged prostate."

By L. Lewis, M.D., Medical World, February 1892.

I'm gonna key in some of what he says. He's got some things a bit screwy (he says beans, potatoes, and watercress are good sources of dietary iodine) so I'm leaving those bits out -- click the link to read.

Love what he wrote about surgery!

The prostate "is largely composed of involuntary circular muscular fibres; but there is also much true glandular structure imbedded in the substance. Both these components are prone to overgrowth, the fibrous and muscular tissues becoming hypertrophied, just as occurs in fibroid tumors of the uterus."

!!!!!!!!!

"The influence of iodine in glandular swelling is almost proverbial . . . in disease it seems to assist in the breaking down and absorption of precocious tissues. Strumous glands, enlarged tonsils, parotid and bronchial glands, bub bronchocele, epididymitis, in fact most glandular hypertrophies, improve under iodine, and there are analogous reasons for expecting that it would be remedial in the earlier stages of enlarged prostate. The writer has seen cases of impeded micturition, distinctly referable to the prostate, improve under its influence, and rectal examination has convinced him of diminution in the swelling. Surgical interference has not, up to now, accomplished much, excepting, of course, the necessary but temporary relief afforded by the catheter; and we are justified in seeking and searching all methods, old or new, that are likely to prove of even the smallest service. Iodides, while helping other glandular swellings, have no tangible effect in this . . . . The liquor iodi comp. is a convenient form of its administration. Ten minums in a wineglass-ful of water may be given three times a day (unless it produce iodism) and an iodine paint (one drachm to an ounce of almond oil), applied to the perineum, is a useful adjunct. Tincture of iodine may be used in the same dose, but it is apt to derange the stomach."

hey, men, take care of your equipment! at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1338700)