Page 323 of 415 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 323

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by hijimmy View Post
    Hi. Im new to this forum. I joined after starting iodine about a month or so ago, and I read most of this thread, which is considerable. Anyway. Iodine has kind of kicked my but and maybe one, or some of you have some answers. Basically I started taking not much at all because the initial solution was so weak. I would estimate about 3mg perhaps. And almost immediately I got a pain in my throat, where the thyroid is I believe, and my voice essentially broke. Very deep. It felt like the lower part of my throat was now operational. I felt good otherwise, apart from difficulty sleeping. Initially my thinking was clearer, however after a couple of weeks my thinking became foggy. My voice normalised over a week or so and I increased my dose over about a week and a half from starting to about 40+mg. After reading this thread, that was probably not the best idea. At about the 3 week mark I basically lost my voice, had a fever and felt not the best. So i have stopped taking iodine for now and will probably start up at a much lower dose and gradually dose up; 1 drop of the 2% lugols per day, perhaps. Anyway I read that the fever is associated with iodine poisoning. Is this true? or is this detox? Is iodine poisoning valid? I have not read of other people having this experience. I have also not read anything connecting iodine to voice changes like this, however it does seem to be associated with the thyroid. Did i over stimulate my thyroid? I am just taking it easy right now as things rectify themselves.
    Thanks
    J
    1) Are you taking the REQUIRED supplements?
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
    - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred
    - - ATP Cofactors caplet contains both 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio. Take 1 caplet with iodine up to 50mg, then another caplet for each 50 mg iodine,

2) You have violated cardinal rule #1 by taking too much iodine too soon. You are not following directions, and you are lucky to not be suffering with a zit filled, Bromoderma face and 30 lbs of bloat from all the toxins suddenly being released into your blood.

THIS COULD BE YOU IF YOU TAKE TOO MUCH IODINE TOO SOON:

Photo of Bromide Detox from excessive bromide toxins being released into the bloodstream.
    Start with less than 1/2 mg Lugols iodine and titrate SLOOOWLY over a 6 month period.

Follow these directions precisely to avoid nasty detox symptoms:
    Iodine References: http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    Iodine 101 version of this document is located at "http://tinyurl.com/iodine-story"

- - - Mix 1 drop 2% Lugols into 11-8 oz bottles of water, put the caps back on.
    - - - Week 1 drink 1 oz (~30ml) daily (about 380mcg iodone)
    - - - Week 2 drink 2 oz (~60ml) daily (about 775mcg iodine)
    - - - Week 3 drink 4 oz (~120ml) daily ( about 1.5mg iodine)
    - - - Week 4 drink 6 oz (~180ml) daily ( about 2.3mg iodine)
    - - - Week 5 drink 8 oz (~220ml) daily ( about 3.1 mg iodine or about 1 drop per day),
    - - - Week 6 drink 2 drops per day in a glass of water
    - - - Week 7 drink 3 drops per day in a glass of water
    - - - Week 8 drink 4 drops per day (about 12.5mg = to 1 iodoral)
    * Next, Titrate up with iodoral 12.5mg iodine tablets available at Amazon.Com
    - - - add 1/2 tablet each month to eventually reach 50mg daily-refer to Dr. Brownstein’s Book
    - - - 50mg Daily is the dosage target recommended by Dr. Brownstein to overcome toxins
    * If any detox symptoms appear do the salt flush and pulse dose. (all listed below)

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-08-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by asmitty View Post
    Quick question. I'm looking at Selenium by source naturals. Their pills have ~200mg calcium. Is this a low enough amount to not cause issue with the protocol?

Thank you again
    asmitty,
    Calcium is not on the Dr. Brownstein list of supplements.

1) Are you taking the REQUIRED supplements?
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
    - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred
    - - ATP Cofactors caplet contains both 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio. Take 1 caplet with iodine up to 50mg, then another caplet for each 50 mg iodine,

All are available including Lugols & iodoral at Amazon.Com with free shipping on orders over $25 in most cases.

More at Iodine References:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-08-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, Thanks for letting me share your research. Honestly, I never thought of writing anything more than what you have put together. Maybe when I am farther in my journey it would be good to share the experience.

Princess, thanks for the link! I don't have that book. It looks really interesting. Yes, my daughter is on mega doses of B12 and B6. It helps her with nerve pain. We stopped vaccinating her when she was almost 3 because we discovered that they were causing her seizures. (She hasn't had another one since we stopped by the way.) She is really healthy. I can't even remember the last time she had so much as a cold.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Magazines will pay BIG MONEY for articles on Iodine:
    ================================================== ==
    * Men's Health
    * Women's Health
    * Health
    * Rolling Stones
    * National Inquirer
    * Globe
    Many, many others. There is enough magazines out there to keep everyone here rolling in money.

This group may be small, but have unequaled expertise and I have documented all the research in Iodine References, to make it MUCH easier to write articles:

Please Help 90% of Women who are suffering from various stages of Fibrocystic Breast Disease, from microscopic to swollen, painful to cancerous. Millions others suffering from PCOS, fibroides, cysts in the female organs. Help men suffering from Prostate BPH. Help to spread the word to everyone. Send this file out to everyone on your email list:

We can all become IODINE DISCIPLES to help spread the word around the world.

Best to all,
    Grizz

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hijimmy View Post
    Hi. Im new to this forum. I joined after starting iodine about a month or so ago, and I read most of this thread, which is considerable. Anyway. Iodine has kind of kicked my but and maybe one, or some of you have some answers. Basically I started taking not much at all because the initial solution was so weak. I would estimate about 3mg perhaps. And almost immediately I got a pain in my throat, where the thyroid is I believe, and my voice essentially broke. Very deep. It felt like the lower part of my throat was now operational. I felt good otherwise, apart from difficulty sleeping. Initially my thinking was clearer, however after a couple of weeks my thinking became foggy. My voice normalised over a week or so and I increased my dose over about a week and a half from starting to about 40+mg. After reading this thread, that was probably not the best idea. At about the 3 week mark I basically lost my voice, had a fever and felt not the best. So i have stopped taking iodine for now and will probably start up at a much lower dose and gradually dose up; 1 drop of the 2% lugols per day, perhaps. Anyway I read that the fever is associated with iodine poisoning. Is this true? or is this detox? Is iodine poisoning valid? I have not read of other people having this experience. I have also not read anything connecting iodine to voice changes like this, however it does seem to be associated with the thyroid. Did i over stimulate my thyroid? I am just taking it easy right now as things rectify themselves.
    Thanks
    J
    My guess is that you had swelling in your throat or thyroid from detox, which pressed on your vocal chords.
    When I first started Iodoral, I had a tightness in my throat, although it didn't affect my voice. I cut my iodine in half, and it went away. Then I titrated up more slowly and have had zero detox symptoms since then. I can't remember anyone having a fever here, so it could be detox or just a virus that you happened to have at the same time.
    The iodine pills that the government gives to people after being exposed to radiation are 130mg pills, so 40mg is not a toxic dose, but it is too much, too soon!

Grizz is offline Banned
    IMPORTANT NOTICE ! DO THIS BEFORE MONDAY 7/9/12

The DNS PC Virus could disable your internet access. It is easy to check your PC for the virus.
    I got this test from the TV News this morning. Just go to this web site and your PC is immediately tested and you will get a RED or GREEN logo displayed
    DNS Changer Check-Up - Clean

Had your computer been infected with DNS changer malware you would have seen a red logo background. Please note, however, that if your ISP is redirecting DNS traffic for its customers you would have reached this site even though you are infected. For additional information regarding the DNS changer malware, please visit the FBI's website at:
    FBI — International Cyber Ring That Infected Millions of Computers Dismantled

More about this virus
    ==============
    http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011...er-malware.pdf

Grizz

LynneF is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asmitty View Post
    Quick question. I'm looking at Selenium by source naturals. Their pills have ~200mg calcium. Is this a low enough amount to not cause issue with the protocol?

Thank you again
    I would buy another brand of selenium without calcium. You don't want to take chances as calcium is the element that's caused the most trouble in iodine absorption. In a year, maybe you can afford to play around.

Also, to anybody else out there. Don't take carnitine. It interferes with the thyroid.

Good luck!

Lynne

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    Grizz, Thanks for letting me share your research. Honestly, I never thought of writing anything more than what you have put together. Maybe when I am farther in my journey it would be good to share the experience.

Princess, thanks for the link! I don't have that book. It looks really interesting. Yes, my daughter is on mega doses of B12 and B6. It helps her with nerve pain. We stopped vaccinating her when she was almost 3 because we discovered that they were causing her seizures. (She hasn't had another one since we stopped by the way.) She is really healthy. I can't even remember the last time she had so much as a cold.
    That link brought you to the book (out of stock) then gave you the option to download it for free.

hijimmy is offline Junior Member
    Grizz,
    I am taking the other supplements. Not all from day one. I added them as I went along. Yes it is clear that I started too fast. Unfortunately there are other sources on the net which say dose up quick, and its a dumb idea. Others say take 150 mcg which is ineffective. I am taking himalayan pink salts from trader joes, are they ok?

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    MY doc is very good. I've worked with him in surgery. In fact during the sonogram he turned all the equipment around so that I could see everything too (being that I'm a nurse...)
    I was able to visualize everything. There are no blockages or strictures at all. Clear as a bell from tip to bladder. Nice and wide.
    Clearly though something is causing it.
    I do take depakote, and have for 30+ years for a seizure disorder. I've had no seizures in a very long time and am tapering off. In fact, the dose I'm on now is considered not enough to treat even mild seizures.
    So I've taken myself off of all suppliments and re-introducing slowly. All I take now is selenium, K2 complex, ubiquinol and the occasional D3. I can honestly say that it seems to be better. I've had more good days than not. I get up only once at night, and do not suffer frequency during the day. The stream is still weaker than it should be by a longshot, but it's much better.
    Could it be a common ingredient in suppliments?
    I wonder... it's only since I've been primal that this started.