Page 321 of 415 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 321

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi Grizz,

Two Canadian Doctors discovered the heleclaxon bacteria several years ago and it was shown to be one of the causes of ulcers. The doctors went into my throat and photographed the little critters tearing up my stomach lining.

My thoughts on it was, that I know there is a seesaw effect between Iodine and selenomethionine, so I just thought that if I was going to try the high amounts of iodine I best go with higher amounts of selenomethionine. I came back down to 200 micrograms of selenomethionine when I dropped to 100 Milligrams of iodine, my maintenance level for me.

Trapper and Newport can give you further guidance too.

Hope this helps.

t2t

There is a synergy between iodine and selenium, which means that if one consumes too little selenium, the body uses iodine inefficiently (and probably vice versa, though there is no research that has been done to show this)

Iodine: universal remedy, deficiency, supplements, iodide
    T2T,

Thank you, and you are A-OK ! AND you hit a sore nerve. WHY is there no rules from Dr. Brownstein & others regarding proper selenium dosage linked to the dosage of Lugols?

I'm going to try and find an answer to this. You are exactly correct, there is a link between iodine & selenium. We can't take one without the other. But are they linked on dosage of one to the other? It seems they should be, and I hate it not knowing the answer.

Ditto, we have nothing in writing linking dosage of iodine to the dosage of Magnesium & Vitamin C.

I'll be looking for answers to these questions.

Grizz

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Edit:

Hey Grizz,

This is a site you need to see, up to 1600 MICROGRAMS a day of selenomethionine.

Selenite and selenate are both inorganic forms of selenium and have an absorption rate of about 50%. This unfortunately, increases the chance of selenium toxicity. For this reason alone, organic forms of selenium, such as selenium yeast or selenomethionine, are safer and are more readily absorbed. In fact, organic forms of selenium are the only way to raise serum levels of selenium within the body. This is attributed to their bioavailability. When using organic forms of selenium, current research shows that doses up to 1600 mcg a day were well tolerated with no signs of toxicity although most experts recommend upper tolerable limits to be 400-600 mcg a day. Selenium yeast does have a higher absorption rate, (about 60-70%), than that of selenite or selenate. Yet some manufacturers simply add inorganic selenium, Selenite and selenate to yeast products, so caution is necessary when taking such products.

In addition, those with candida issues may want to avoid yeast type supplements as their specific symptoms could be compounded. Of the selenium supplements, selenomethionine has the best bioavailability with an absorption rate of 90%. It is organic and yeast free. When compared with other selenium supplements selenomethionine proves to be the most applicable and safest for long-term therapeutic use.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/selenium/

If a selenium deficiency causes an iodine deficiency, leaving you both selenium and iodine deficient, and supplementing with either selenium or iodine causes severe problems, (then the only solution is to supplement both selenium and iodine simultaneously and gradually.)

Wow! look at all the stuff that gets affected if either iodine or selenium get off balance!!!

Health Related Articles - Thyroid Health - Interactions Between Selenium and Iodine

P.S. Tin?? Helps iodine absorb?
    Last edited by t2t; 07-08-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: found more info

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    @t2t, Thank you for posting my blog on the iodine groups! I have had so much traffic the last few days and a couple of supportive emails. =)

I have some other news to share. My daughter has classic autism and the poor thing hasn't slept very much her whole life. I have pretty much accepted that I will be sleep deprived forever. I am always very careful with what I giver her because she can't always communicate what is going on in her body. I have started her a the liquid iodine and liquid selenium last week and she has been sleeping and sleeping. Sometimes like 5 hours in a row! I think it is the iodine because that is the only thing I have changed.

I'm so grateful for all this information I just can't say thank you enough.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Grizz;892073]T2T,

Thank you for the post on bleeding ulcers. Do you have any links to justify 800 mcg of selenomethinine daily? Is it related to your bleeding stomach ulcers?

Is the heleclaxon bacteria the primary cause of bleeding stomach ulcers? Or are there other causes? Sorry for the dumb questions. The only cause of stomach ulcers I've heard of is nerves, but that could be BS. I'm at the point where I don't believe anything doctors say anymore.

I believe, as a longtime ulcers sufferer, that the little buggers are called helicobactor pylori (H. pylori in medspeak) and I took the original antibiotic treatment 20 years ago, about 3 years after Australian doctors discovered it. Took me that long to armwrestle my doc into prescribing it. First treatment failed a year later; so this time he got the most recent info and treated me. This lasted till last year, when I repeated the modified schedule. It works, but heaven knows what it did to my gut, which is now Leaky.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    @Paysan

I usually call them helicopter pirates but helicobacter "pylori" is right. Ironically, "they" actually help some people with decreasing reflux. Anyway thanks for pointing that out. My aluminum particles are really showing today (floating around my brain).

Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori) Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis Treatment - eMedicineHealth.com

@Zophie,

You are very welcome. We are sometimes dealt a difficult hand in life and iodine is truly an “Ace” in the hole

And your story is quite Royal...

TORN2TEARS
    Last edited by t2t; 07-08-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    @t2t, Thank you for posting my blog on the iodine groups! I have had so much traffic the last few days and a couple of supportive emails. =)

I have some other news to share. My daughter has classic autism and the poor thing hasn't slept very much her whole life. I have pretty much accepted that I will be sleep deprived forever. I am always very careful with what I giver her because she can't always communicate what is going on in her body. I have started her a the liquid iodine and liquid selenium last week and she has been sleeping and sleeping. Sometimes like 5 hours in a row! I think it is the iodine because that is the only thing I have changed.

I'm so grateful for all this information I just can't say thank you enough.
    Zophie,
    It is we who are so grateful that you showed up. Your stories have emphasized and underlined our efforts to convince others that everyone should be taking iodine with required supplements. Your story is even helping me to convince my Church Elder to let me use his church to present a seminar on iodine to people in my area. People including my church elders are EXTREMELY skeptical of the need for iodine and just don't want to believe it. If they don't see it on TV, or if their doctors won't tell them, they just refuse to believe it. This is what T2T and I are up against. It is testimonials like yours that are helping us win.

BTW) here is your complete message thread at the Curezone Group. I broke out each message because CureZone is so difficult to learn how to use. You can learn the complexities of curezine later.
    fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959487)
    Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959575)
    Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959656)
    Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959733)
    Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959752)
    Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1960012)
    Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959796)
    Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959806)

Also THIS. Your daughter may have even more hope. The Brain is one of the organs that requires a LOT of iodine. So giving her Lugols iodine with the required supplements may even help her severe autism. See this:
    Iodine Deficiency Linked to Autism in Children | PRLog

Halide Toxins replace Iodine in the brain just as much as in the rest of the body. So your daughter taking iodine WILL detox her body and drive those toxins out, brain included. So her Autistic ways could improve. Please keep us posted on your daughter's progress. I think her brain will work better on iodine than the toxins bromide, fluoride, & chlorine. Even healthy people suffer brain symptoms from iodine deficiency: brain fog, memory problems, headaches, reduced concentration, & depression. We will all learn from her experience.

In the meantime, a search of the CureZone iodine group for Autism gives us 3 screens of messages. Perhaps some of these messages will be very helpful for your daughter:
    Search Results: autism: page:

Best to you & your daughter,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-06-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Health improvements primarily due to improving prostate function, and to sexual performance (increased sensitivity to the Glans). I plan to titrate up to 200mg daily, hold it there for 1 month and then drop back to 12 to 50mg daily maintenance for life. I'll see which "feels" the best, 12mg, 25mg or 50mg daily. Dr. Brownstein now recommends 50mg daily to keep the toxins out of our body. However we use filtered well water, we don't eat bread & we actively try to eliminate all the halide toxins, so I'm sure that we can do well on less than Dr. Brownstein's recommendation.

What are your thoughts on the correct "Maintenance Level" of iodine for you and your family ?

Grizz
    I'm going to stay on 50mg/day for maintenance. My water has fluoride and chlorine, and there's no way I can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post

Wonderful new about your daughter's sleep! Something else that might help is magnesium threonate. Magnesium in all forms relaxes you and makes you sleepy. The threonate form is new, and is supposed to target the brain more than other forms. It also does not cause diarrhea like mag citrate and some others.
    I take 300-400mg about 2 hours before bed, and it really does make me sleepy.

asmitty is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys,

I'm ordering all the other supplements to begin the protocol. I'm on a bit of a budget however....

Those ATP cofactor Optomix B-vitamins are a bit expensive. Wouldn't any B-complex with approximately those mg quantities be acceptable? I already eat ~ 9 cups of vegetables a day, and liver + meat/eggs, can't imagine I'm too deficient in B-vitamins.... What do you all think?

Thanks again

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by asmitty View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm ordering all the other supplements to begin the protocol. I'm on a bit of a budget however....

Those ATP cofactor Optomix B-vitamins are a bit expensive. Wouldn't any B-complex with approximately those mg quantities be acceptable? I already eat ~ 9 cups of vegetables a day, and liver + meat/eggs, can't imagine I'm too deficient in B-vitamins.... What do you all think?

Thanks again
    Yes, you can order Vitamins B2 & B3 (niacin) separately and they will be less expensive. You do have a choice.

500 mg niacin (B3) twice a day (NOT niacinamide). Start lower to avoid flush.
    100 mg Vitamin B2 three times a day.
    Iodine Therapy Guidelines

A special note on B3. The "Flush" is when your blood vessels dilate, your body turns reddish, and your skin tingles. Some people LOVE it and others HATE it. See this video:
    Watch My Skin (Niacin Flush) - YouTube
    This man says that flush free niacin is a waste of money, & that the flush is required for detox. You will get used to the flush after a while.

The ATP Cofactors caplet is flush free, and is the version recommended by Dr. Brownstein. Make your choice
    * If you are unable to get ATP Cofactors then substitute the following:
    - - - Vitamin B3, Flush Free, Niacin Inositol Hexanicotinate, 500 mg
    - - - Vitamin B2 Riboflavin 100mg
    - - - or equivalents
    - - - If flushing is intolerable, take an aspirin & cup of applesauce hr before.

Sorry, but there are no perfect answers, just different shades of grey, the best answer is to follow doctors orders, and this means ATP Cofactors tablet.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-07-2012 at 03:35 AM.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    My wife suffered with H. pylori, she took a teaspoon of manuka honey at times her stomach bothered her. Forgive me, she is not available to check with regarding the exact dosage.

Net result, it cured her. She now cannot stand honey.

She still has a leaky gut though, in my opinion.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John