Page 320 of 415 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 320

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Grizz, why are you going so high? Are you trying to see detox symptoms so you know they halogens are being pushed out?
    Yes, exactly. Each time I've increased my iodine dosage, I get some detox symptoms for a day or so. I also notice more improvements to my health at each level.
    Iodine levels for me have been:
    1/2mg
    1 mg
    12mg
    25mg
    50mg
    75mg
    100mg
    150mg now
    200mg later this month
    Will stay at 200 mg for at least 1 month before going down to the "Maintenance Level"

Health improvements primarily due to improving prostate function, and to sexual performance (increased sensitivity to the Glans). I plan to titrate up to 200mg daily, hold it there for 1 month and then drop back to 12 to 50mg daily maintenance for life. I'll see which "feels" the best, 12mg, 25mg or 50mg daily. Dr. Brownstein now recommends 50mg daily to keep the toxins out of our body. However we use filtered well water, we don't eat bread & we actively try to eliminate all the halide toxins, so I'm sure that we can do well on less than Dr. Brownstein's recommendation.

What are your thoughts on the correct "Maintenance Level" of iodine for you and your family ?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-06-2012 at 10:56 AM.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    I'd personally rather try to gargle with a couple of drops of iodine solution in water before trying hydrogen peroxide.
    I didn't think of that...I've been doing the Hydrogen Peroxide thing for a long time now--before I knew about Lugol's. Wonder if the Lugol's would stain my teeth? I know the peroxide makes them a little whiter even though I gargle a very short time with it--just enough to swish it between all my teeth & crowns.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    I didn't think of that...I've been doing the Hydrogen Peroxide thing for a long time now--before I knew about Lugol's. Wonder if the Lugol's would stain my teeth? I know the peroxide makes them a little whiter even though I gargle a very short time with it--just enough to swish it between all my teeth & crowns.
    I will chime in here ;--)) I use 10 drops of Lugols 5% with distilled water in a 3 ounce misting bottle to eliminate Bad Breath and for inhaling on an asthma attack. That could also be used for a sore throat and to disinfect a cut or scrape on the skin.

I haven't tried it yet, but some folks put a drop of Lugols into the Coconut Oil for "Oil Pulling" to clean the teeth.

Grizz

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Grizz, could you edit my name out of your post, please?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Hi Grizz,

As I went over 500 MILLIgrams (actually it was 600 to 700 Milligrams as I was using the "Lugols" calculations) of elemental Iodine a day, I also took 200 MICROgrams of selenomethionine four times a day for a total of 800 MICROgrams of selenomethinine.

This two month protocol CURED my bleeding stomach ulcers caused by the heleclaxon bacteria. The tremendous antibiotics that the Doctors had me take for two months didn't touch the bacteria. I stayed very sick every day from the horrible antibiotics!

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    I've gargeld sometimes, and flossed with floss dipped in iodine (to get rid of stubborn bleeding gums). No staining. My bleeding gums dissapeared shortly after iodine flossing.

But you won't get whiter theeth of iodine.

Won't you get icing teeth when using hydrogen peroxide?
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

oxide is online now Senior Member
    I haven’t used any iodine on my teeth yet. All I did was switch to toothpaste that didn’t have fluoride. I think it’s more valuable to floss.

For the moles. I started by using a regular band-aid – the small square ones with a 4 mm x 4mm pad – and dropping 3 drops of Lugol’s on the pad and sticking it on. The iodine burns a 4mm x 4mm patch of skin brown. I can feel it burning. If I do this repeatedly, the skin will regenerate underneath. After a few days, the burned square of skin becomes a thin scab and peels off very easily with a pair of tweezers, like a sunburn peel but thicker. So far, a layer of mole would come with the skin, because the middle of the skin layer would be darker. However, that burns a lot of skin, so I starting making my own spot band-aid.

I rip off a piece of clear adhesive tape. I use 3M Nexare clear tape. I cut a little piece of gauze 5 mm x 5 mm or so, and roll it into a tiny ball 1.5 mm x 1.5 mm and stick it on the tape. Then I drop 2-3 drops of Lugol's onto the gauze. The gauze soaks up the Lugol’s and so the iodine doesn’t get on the tape. Then I stick on the tape so that the iodine on the gauze is directly on the mole. So, the tape covers the skin but the iodine goes directly to the mole. I generally remove this bandage after 5-6 hours, and the iodine is mostly gone from the pad.

However, I find that this doesn’t work as well as I thought. A layer of mole comes off best if it’s attached to a thick layer of skin so I can peel it off more easily in one swoop, instead of impatiently picking off little bits of scab. I hurt my skin more by picking off little bits than I did with the burn and peel. Also I don’t want to jab anything into the mole.

So at the moment, I’m trying a combination method. I’ll do a couple days of direct iodine on the mole to loosen the mole. Then I’ll use the square regular band-aid for a couple days to make a skin scab that I can peel. That should give me a layer a week. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m still afraid of scarring something, but I don’t see any evidence of that yet.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi Grizz,

As I went over 500 MILLIgrams (actually it was 600 to 700 Milligrams as I was using the "Lugols" calculations) of elemental Iodine a day, I also took 200 MICROgrams of selenomethionine four times a day for a total of 800 MICROgrams of selenomethinine.

This two month protocol CURED my bleeding stomach ulcers caused by the heleclaxon bacteria. The tremendous antibiotics that the Doctors had me take for two months didn't touch the bacteria. I stayed very sick every day from the horrible antibiotics!
    T2T,

Thank you for the post on bleeding ulcers. Do you have any links to justify 800 mcg of selenomethinine daily? Is it related to your bleeding stomach ulcers?

Is the heleclaxon bacteria the primary cause of bleeding stomach ulcers? Or are there other causes? Sorry for the dumb questions. The only cause of stomach ulcers I've heard of is nerves, but that could be BS. I'm at the point where I don't believe anything doctors say anymore.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I haven’t used any iodine on my teeth yet. All I did was switch to toothpaste that didn’t have fluoride. I think it’s more valuable to floss.

For the moles. I started by using a regular band-aid – the small square ones with a 4 mm x 4mm pad – and dropping 3 drops of Lugol’s on the pad and sticking it on. The iodine burns a 4mm x 4mm patch of skin brown. I can feel it burning. If I do this repeatedly, the skin will regenerate underneath. After a few days, the burned square of skin becomes a thin scab and peels off very easily with a pair of tweezers, like a sunburn peel but thicker. So far, a layer of mole would come with the skin, because the middle of the skin layer would be darker. However, that burns a lot of skin, so I starting making my own spot band-aid.

I rip off a piece of clear adhesive tape. I use 3M Nexare clear tape. I cut a little piece of gauze 5 mm x 5 mm or so, and roll it into a tiny ball 1.5 mm x 1.5 mm and stick it on the tape. Then I drop 2-3 drops of Lugol's onto the gauze. The gauze soaks up the Lugol’s and so the iodine doesn’t get on the tape. Then I stick on the tape so that the iodine on the gauze is directly on the mole. So, the tape covers the skin but the iodine goes directly to the mole. I generally remove this bandage after 5-6 hours, and the iodine is mostly gone from the pad.

However, I find that this doesn’t work as well as I thought. A layer of mole comes off best if it’s attached to a thick layer of skin so I can peel it off more easily in one swoop, instead of impatiently picking off little bits of scab. I hurt my skin more by picking off little bits than I did with the burn and peel. Also I don’t want to jab anything into the mole.

So at the moment, I’m trying a combination method. I’ll do a couple days of direct iodine on the mole to loosen the mole. Then I’ll use the square regular band-aid for a couple days to make a skin scab that I can peel. That should give me a layer a week. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m still afraid of scarring something, but I don’t see any evidence of that yet.
    Oxide,
    The Yahoo Iodine Group came up with this tip:
    I would suggest putting something greasy around the spot where you apply the
    iodine.
    If the iodine touches the grease, at least your skin will be protected.
    Jaye
    He did not say what kind of grease, but maybe Vaseline Petroleum Jelly could be painted around the mole using a q-tip? Maybe a black car grease like Graphite Grease?

The black colored grease would have worked out really good when I was getting rid of my skin lesion.

Grizz

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Hi Grizz,

Two Australian Doctors discovered the heleclaxon bacteria several years ago and it was shown to be one of the causes of ulcers. The doctors went into my throat and photographed the little critters tearing up my stomach lining.

My thoughts on it was, that I know there is a seesaw effect between Iodine and selenomethionine, so I just thought that if I was going to try the high amounts of iodine I best go with higher amounts of selenomethionine. I came back down to 200 micrograms of selenomethionine when I dropped to 100 Milligrams of iodine, my maintenance level for me.

Trapper and Newport can give you further guidance too.

Hope this helps.

t2t

Optimal iodine absorption

There is a synergy between iodine and selenium, which means that if one consumes too little selenium, the body uses iodine inefficiently (and probably vice versa, though there is no research that has been done to show this).

Tin, magnesium and vitamin C also assist with the absorption of iodine (8), so David Niven Miller recommends using transdermal magnesium oil and a diet high in vitamin C whilst supplementing with iodine, especially if you don't seem to be experiencing any improvements.

wow! first I ever saw of Tin being a supp for Iodine absorption! t2t

Iodine: universal remedy, deficiency, supplements, iodide
    Last edited by t2t; 07-06-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: corrected about Australian docs per Paysan