Page 319 of 415 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 319

t2t
    t2t is offline Member

curezone hits

Primal Fuel
    dual post
    Last edited by t2t; 07-05-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: dual post please remove this one

Grizz is offline Banned
    Nice simplified video on iodine:

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    HOT NEWS !
    ===============
    Google Has just made operational their new Google Drive. This is a virtual hard drive where you can store all of your doc files, photos, videos, and give each file internet access. You can even give multiple people access to the same file for collaboration.
    https://drive.google.com/start?utm_m...mpaign=en#home

So today, our "Iodine References" file is now located on the new Google Virtual Hard Drive! And it is still working.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Testing access to Testimoials:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...=h.qy2s2dx1u4c

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    I have no idea whether iodine is added to salt in the UK. If it is, I consume a little whenever I eat boiled eggs. OH and I don't cook with salt but we sometimes add freshly milled sea salt crystals to cooked food - either La Baleine from France or Halen Mon from Wales.

Personally I haven't found seaweed in my local stores, though we live by the sea. The local beaches meet EU standards as a state of the art sewerage treatment plant was built a few miles away where it all gets treated, then treated with ultraviolet before being released as clean water further up the coast. We have lobsters here (mostly exported) so it can't be too bad. I just wouldn't know which seaweeds to pick.

Via online delivery with Abel & Cole I can buy Cornish wild samphire in season, (currently 1.95 GBP for 100g) which grows wild on rocks and there's another type which grows in marshes in Norfolk. Both are naturally salty and very yummy. One UK supermarket, ASDA, sells Extra Special range cultivated samphire (currently 1.32 GBP for 90g) virtually year round but I try not to buy supposedly fresh produce imported from outside EU and generally it's from Israel.
    Your salt would be labeled "iodised salt" or "iodine added" if was were, so it's probably not.
    But the amount you get from table salt is not enough anyway.

Living by the sea, you may get some iodine if you eat locally grown produce. The samphire you mentioned sounds like it is a good source of iodine, if it is not polluted.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Paleogirl,

Can you get food grade hydrogen peroxide? My kids were both sick this last winter, and I know it was strep. I had them gargle roughly three times a day for as long as they could stand it, then spit. They were both cured in this manner.

I had to get the food grade hydrogen peroxide from the health food store.

Hope you get better soon!
    Gwynn
    A couple of years ago, I started spraying food grade hydrogen peroxide on my toothbrush after using it each time plus spraying some in my mouth to gargle briefly. I've barely had a cold since starting this routine. Peroxide can be hard on delicate gums so I use the standard 3% concentration and gargle for a short time then rinse with water. If I do get a sore or scratchy throat, I put about 15-20 drops of Wisdom of the Ages liquid into some Zevia Ginger Ale and within a short time, the sore throat disappears. I buy the Wisdom of the Ages at my local health food store. I also use a few drops to soak and wash fruit and vegetables. It contains Grape Seed Extract, Jasmine & Green Teas.

smgj is offline Senior Member
    I'd personally rather try to gargle with a couple of drops of iodine solution in water before trying hydrogen peroxide.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Outstanding free video. So good you will want to order the DVD!

Thrive

PS) This video is the prize at the end of the rabbit hole that we have been traveling through for the past 6 months:
    Why are 90% of the population severely deficient in iodine??? Follow the money.
    This video is at the end of our rabbit hole, and fundamentally explains WHY the nationwide iodine deficiency.
    * Why was iodine taken out of our bread?
    * Why was iodine taken out of our milk?
    * Why are doctors telling women to cut their breasts off instead of taking iodine?
    * The answers are far bigger than iodine, and make perfect sense.
    ALL of the answers are in this excellent video.

I've just ordered this video at Amazon.Com for my family:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005WL3QBW

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-06-2012 at 11:02 AM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I've been a little thrown this past week because of the power outages, but I'm getting back on track with the supplements. I'm still wimping out on actually drinking the iodine, but I'll start it this weekend. I don't suffer much from Fibrocystic, but some months I definitely blow up a lightly painful cup size. However, I've noticed that since I went full Primal, I've had a lot less pain. This is pre-Lugol's. Maybe it's because I switched to grass-fed meat and full-time local vegetables, which all have less crap in them?

Mole update:

I think I'm seeing a little progress, but it's very slow. Toe moles are definitely going away. They showed up when I was young as small flat brown spots. About a year ago I noticed that they looked a little darker and denser and even a little raised. That's why I'm using them as a test case. They are stubborn because the toe skin forms thick callous skin very easily and it's hard to get iodine through. I have more luck if I scrape the area with a razor blade and peel off layers of skin. Now the moles look like they did when I was young.

Flesh-color mole appears to be alternating between scabbing over and peeling to reveal a whiter softer mole underneath. I can't tell if the mole is going away or not, but I'll keep at it.

I'm learning about the hip mole. While I like my home-made spot band-aid, the regular small square band-aid has better results because the skin layer peels a little better. I haven't seen much removal progress, probably because I've been impatient and tried to peel a layer too soon.

This is a long process.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I've been a little thrown this past week because of the power outages, but I'm getting back on track with the supplements. I'm still wimping out on actually drinking the iodine, but I'll start it this weekend. I don't suffer much from Fibrocystic, but some months I definitely blow up a lightly painful cup size. However, I've noticed that since I went full Primal, I've had a lot less pain. This is pre-Lugol's. Maybe it's because I switched to grass-fed meat and full-time local vegetables, which all have less crap in them?

Mole update:

I think I'm seeing a little progress, but it's very slow. Toe moles are definitely going away. They showed up when I was young as small flat brown spots. About a year ago I noticed that they looked a little darker and denser and even a little raised. That's why I'm using them as a test case. They are stubborn because the toe skin forms thick callous skin very easily and it's hard to get iodine through. I have more luck if I scrape the area with a razor blade and peel off layers of skin. Now the moles look like they did when I was young.

Flesh-color mole appears to be alternating between scabbing over and peeling to reveal a whiter softer mole underneath. I can't tell if the mole is going away or not, but I'll keep at it.

I'm learning about the hip mole. While I like my home-made spot band-aid, the regular small square band-aid has better results because the skin layer peels a little better. I haven't seen much removal progress, probably because I've been impatient and tried to peel a layer too soon.

This is a long process.
    Oxide,

Bless you for your research on moles. Can you explain again how your are preventing iodine from leaking off the mole & onto your skin? As I understand it, you are placing something on the inside of the band aid to focus the iodine onto the mole?

PS) Fear not, I have been at 100mg iodoral for the past month with only 1 day of detox, and I have just started on 150mg daily a few times a week. Will go to 150mg daily next week for a while.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-06-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Grizz, why are you going so high? Are you trying to see detox symptoms so you know they halogens are being pushed out?