Page 318 of 415 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 318

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    I started getting really sick last night - exhausted, cold, achey, fever up to 104, etc. I remember reading somewhere that taking a few drops of iodine can help knock out colds and flu. Being a bit impatient, I've already taken 4 drops this morning, instead of my usual 1 (obviously this is going to be a VERY short term increase). Can anyone remember reading about how much iodine should be taken to help fight off colds and flu?
    I was already taking 15 drops of grapefruit seed extract twice a day, and will bump that up to 4 times a day now, and I am bumping up my coconut oil starting today as well. I heard on the news last night that strep throat is going around, and my throat is killing me. I've had strep once in my life, and that was enough! I need to pull out everything I've got in order to knock this out fast!
    A lot of people swear by this Vit. C protocol:

The Vitamin C Foundation - The Source for Vitamin C Science

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I have Ester-C vitamin C, but stopped taking due to concerns with both iron overload and the possible blunting effect it can have on training - something to do with it's antioxidant ability hampering recovery.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    From Wombat to all women,

be sure to let her know that a long-standing case of fibrocystic breast disease like that will most likely not be cured in a month or two, she's in it for the long haul. There is also most likely scar tissue that will not go away... She can also expect periodic bouts of breast pain while the cysts are breaking down. I experienced this and many others have reported the same. Sometimes the "pain" feels like a tingling or electrical energy, it's really kind of cool

Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959656)

t2t
    t2t is offline Member

breast issues

Dual post sorry
    Last edited by t2t; 07-05-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: please delete dual post

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea whether iodine is added to salt in the UK. If it is, I consume a little whenever I eat boiled eggs. OH and I don't cook with salt but we sometimes add freshly milled sea salt crystals to cooked food - either La Baleine from France or Halen Mon from Wales.

Personally I haven't found seaweed in my local stores, though we live by the sea. The local beaches meet EU standards as a state of the art sewerage treatment plant was built a few miles away where it all gets treated, then treated with ultraviolet before being released as clean water further up the coast. We have lobsters here (mostly exported) so it can't be too bad. I just wouldn't know which seaweeds to pick.

Via online delivery with Abel & Cole I can buy Cornish wild samphire in season, (currently 1.95 GBP for 100g) which grows wild on rocks and there's another type which grows in marshes in Norfolk. Both are naturally salty and very yummy. One UK supermarket, ASDA, sells Extra Special range cultivated samphire (currently 1.32 GBP for 90g) virtually year round but I try not to buy supposedly fresh produce imported from outside EU and generally it's from Israel.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    Thank you both! To me this is nothing short of a real miracle. Grizz, I have read everything in your file at least 5 times, I have sent it on to my mom and sister and I tell everyone in the salon who will listen. Thank you for putting it together. The information is life changing for me.

I know 11 is young... and I could have been spared 25 years of pain. I don't know if this is a common thing for girls with FB but I was that freak of nature kid who was as tall as the teacher at 9 and had a full-grown woman's body at 12. My breasts always hurt and always felt like bean bags. (and got worse over the years) I remember complaining about it when I was young and being told that it was normal for developing girls. People just thought I was complaining because I wasn't yet mature enough for the body I had. I didn't know it was FB untill I was 19 or 20 when I went in to get birth control for the first time. So I learned it was not normal but there was nothing anyone could do.

I never got as far as price with the doctors so I don't know what that would cost but I was told that they could do some nice reconstructive implants at the same time. (I'm sure that doubles the price) When I chose not to do it my last doctor wanted to get me on antidepressants to "help" me deal with it. I am sure doctors just don't know about iodine. I really feel that western medicine is great at cutting stitching and fixing broken bones. They fail when it comes to restoring health to people with chronic problems. They just want to cut it out or give you a pill to mask the symptoms. No one, it seems, asks the question of what is causing the problem. That is why I am so grateful for the information you have put out there.

I have two small victories to share. First, I went out yesterday to do a short run. About half way in there is a hill thats really steep that I use for my sprints. (maybe 150 yards long) I always run up but never down because of my chest and my uterus. Yesterday I flew down it with no pain at all and I was laughing so hard when I got to the bottom because I was so happy. Second, I woke up this morning and realized that I had slept on my stomach! Both of these are small things... to me, they represent the impossible.
    Zophie,
    Your message has stirred up a great deal of interest in our sister iodine group, The CureZone with untold thousands of members:

Wombat, a leader in that group had this to say:
    be sure to let her know that a long-standing case of fibrocystic breast disease like that will most likely not be cured in a month or two, she's in it for the long haul. There is also most likely scar tissue that will not go away... She can also expect periodic bouts of breast pain while the cysts are breaking down. I experienced this and many others have reported the same. Sometimes the "pain" feels like a tingling or electrical energy, it's really kind of cool
    Re: fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959656)
    The home page for the CureZone:
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 263, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

PS)
    T2T, do you know how many members you have in your iodine group?
    Also, Google is making major improvements to their On Line Document feature, and putting all of those docs into a virtual on-line hard drive, so maybe you will soon be able to display Iodine References on your 64 bit PC.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-04-2012 at 11:38 AM.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Grizz here are some stats for Curezone.

Health Forums, Alternative Medicine Forums and Message Boards

1017 message boards, 1,933,895 messages, 155,256 registered members, over 18 million readers

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all of the quick responses! I supplement 10k IUs of Vitamin D daily, and my levels are in the optimal range. I will try bumping up the D3 today to see if that helps. I don't think I can make it out today to find food grade hydrogen peroxide, but if my throat is still killing me tomorrow, I will go pick it up and start gargling with it. I am already supplementing with K2 (Green Pasture Blue Ice butter and cod liver oil blend) and magnesium, as well as the recommended 200 mcg of Life Extension's SeMC.
    After the 4 drops of iodine and first scoop of coconut oil this morning, I started feeling a noticeable improvement! Hopefully it will continue!!

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    This excellent video is ideal for the skeptics & Doubting Thomas's.
    Dr. Sherry Tenpenny outlines the many disorders from iodine deficiency IAOMT 2007 L.V.

From this excellent video we learn of this website:
    Thyroid Disease Manager

Grizz
    Great video Grizz. I think you ought to add it to your iodine reference file early into it. Then mark it as a primer on the basic iodine education. Although, I think she is a little light on the amount of iodine we can handle. She is obviously thinking of something like your low dose to avoid the detoxing symptoms.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Great video Grizz. I think you ought to add it to your iodine reference file early into it. Then mark it as a primer on the basic iodine education. Although, I think she is a little light on the amount of iodine we can handle. She is obviously thinking of something like your low dose to avoid the detoxing symptoms.

LJ
    John,
    Thank you for the suggestion. It is done, into the introduction section.

Grizz