Page 317 of 415 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 317

Colloid is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Owl,

It sure seems likely on the Omega-3 -> Omega-6 ratio, I don't eat much fish.
    Thanks for the pointer!

Grizz,

I have always (as long as I can remember) been mildly allergic to corn and whatever the russian olive tree exudes, probably other things, but the symptoms weren't bad enough to warrant any action. It was during the time that I was using a hot tub treated with bromine that my allergies spread to other foods, and I developed MCS, energy dropped, and joint and long muscle pain increased greatly, and the headaches came more often and more severe. I was buying the big bottles of ibuprofen and taking them to little effect. Two years ago on the advice of the allergist doctor I took a multivitamin that contains 150mcg iodine, changed diet, and practiced avoidance to so many things, that helped some. In the last month I have not taken a single painkiller.

Today I went to Kohl's department store (recently remodeled), the chemicals that outgas from new carpet (bromine and others), give me fits. Well I was able to try on and buy a suit, I had stomach issues while in the store and felt extremely tired for a few hours after leaving. That is a huge improvement for me, just the chemical smell from the shoe department would have given me a huge headache before (like a red hot knife poking me in the brain). Yes, I attribute most if not all of the positive change to iodine!! I have passed your "Iodine References" on to many people already.

Craig

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    I know I am chiming in on this post super late but I just want to thank everyone who has shared information here. Grizz, If I ever meet you in person I'm going to kiss you on the lips!

After reading everything and thinking about it I decided to give iodine a try. I have had fiber cystic breasts since I was about 11 years old and I can't even tell you how uncomfortable exercising, hugging and even bras have been my whole life. I too have had 4 different doctors tell me to cut off my breasts. (and I have even thought about it) Also they told me to get a hysterectomy as soon as I was done having children to deal with the uterine fibroids.

I have been taking iodine with the support supplements for just over a month. I dove right in and started with 1 drop. (now up to 4 drops) The pain in my breasts went away within 24 hours!!!! I literally did a little dance in the shower when I realized it. I still have some lumps but the smaller ones are gone. I also am getting a lot of relief from the fibroid pain.

Other things I have observed is my appetite is almost completely gone, my hands don't break out from the chemicals anymore, my fingernails are hard and growing for the first time in my life, I haven't even had one migraine since starting and I am happy and have so much energy. I have suffered from depression for so long that it is amazing to feel normal again.

So, again, thank you thank you!!

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Colloid View Post
    Owl,

It sure seems likely on the Omega-3 -> Omega-6 ratio, I don't eat much fish.
    I don't either. But I have stopped using olive or vegetable oil, except olive occasionally in salad dressing, and I now use pastured butter and coconut oil for my main fats. I also eat grass fed beef, and don't eat nuts much anymore. All of that will get your 6/3 ratio down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    I know I am chiming in on this post super late but I just want to thank everyone who has shared information here. Grizz, If I ever meet you in person I'm going to kiss you on the lips!

After reading everything and thinking about it I decided to give iodine a try. I have had fiber cystic breasts since I was about 11 years old and I can't even tell you how uncomfortable exercising, hugging and even bras have been my whole life. I too have had 4 different doctors tell me to cut off my breasts. (and I have even thought about it) Also they told me to get a hysterectomy as soon as I was done having children to deal with the uterine fibroids.

I have been taking iodine with the support supplements for just over a month. I dove right in and started with 1 drop. (now up to 4 drops) The pain in my breasts went away within 24 hours!!!! I literally did a little dance in the shower when I realized it. I still have some lumps but the smaller ones are gone. I also am getting a lot of relief from the fibroid pain.

Other things I have observed is my appetite is almost completely gone, my hands don't break out from the chemicals anymore, my fingernails are hard and growing for the first time in my life, I haven't even had one migraine since starting and I am happy and have so much energy. I have suffered from depression for so long that it is amazing to feel normal again.

Zophie, that's fantastic! 11 years old is so young to have FB, it must feel like a miracle to now have your breasts pain free.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post

>>>If I ever meet you in person I'm going to kiss you on the lips!
    Zophie,
    WOW ! And I really LOVE women with blonde hair . . . Lets make that happen for sure !!

Your message makes all the hard work I've put into this project sooo worthwhile! I have spent untold hours over the last 6 months putting all of this together. Iodine has a proven track record of eliminating breast lumps within 3 to 4 months and stubborn fibroids within 1 or 2 years. I'm so glad you pointed out that doctors have told you to cut off your breasts because no one believes me when I tell them this is what doctors in my neighborhood are telling women! There is no money to be made selling iodine, but a LOT of money to be made cutting off breasts! How much did they say it would cost to cut off your breasts? When the last of your breast cysts have cleared up, can you go browbeat your 4 doctors and rub iodine into the noses? I would LOVE to hear what they say. What is their miserable excuse for not telling you about iodine?

Cystic Breasts since age 11???? Yikes! I had no idea they could form so quickly! I was under the impression that they were microscopic for the 1st 10+ years.
    * Migraine Gone
    * Fingernails restored
    * Energy restored
    * Depression gone
    * FBS Pain gone in 24 hours
    * Relief from uterus fibroid pain
    * Normal appetite again

I'm certain our entire group is THRILLED with your progress! Your story is a true miracle and will be an inspiration for everyone making the time to read this thread. Can you pass this file on to all of your friends & relatives?
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

We have millions more women suffering in pain from iodine deficiency that we need to teach about iodine.
    Can you post a simple message like this prominently on your blog for women around the world?
    Do you have hyperthyroid, Fibrocystic Breasts, PCOS, Cysts, Uterus Fibroids, or Endometriosis?
    For a very simple, inexpensive cure using iodine supplements see details here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    "http://tinyurl.com/iodine-story"
    Thank you sooo much for documenting your story!
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-04-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Thank you both! To me this is nothing short of a real miracle. Grizz, I have read everything in your file at least 5 times, I have sent it on to my mom and sister and I tell everyone in the salon who will listen. Thank you for putting it together. The information is life changing for me.

I know 11 is young... and I could have been spared 25 years of pain. I don't know if this is a common thing for girls with FB but I was that freak of nature kid who was as tall as the teacher at 9 and had a full-grown woman's body at 12. My breasts always hurt and always felt like bean bags. (and got worse over the years) I remember complaining about it when I was young and being told that it was normal for developing girls. People just thought I was complaining because I wasn't yet mature enough for the body I had. I didn't know it was FB untill I was 19 or 20 when I went in to get birth control for the first time. So I learned it was not normal but there was nothing anyone could do.

I never got as far as price with the doctors so I don't know what that would cost but I was told that they could do some nice reconstructive implants at the same time. (I'm sure that doubles the price) When I chose not to do it my last doctor wanted to get me on antidepressants to "help" me deal with it. I am sure doctors just don't know about iodine. I really feel that western medicine is great at cutting stitching and fixing broken bones. They fail when it comes to restoring health to people with chronic problems. They just want to cut it out or give you a pill to mask the symptoms. No one, it seems, asks the question of what is causing the problem. That is why I am so grateful for the information you have put out there.

I have two small victories to share. First, I went out yesterday to do a short run. About half way in there is a hill thats really steep that I use for my sprints. (maybe 150 yards long) I always run up but never down because of my chest and my uterus. Yesterday I flew down it with no pain at all and I was laughing so hard when I got to the bottom because I was so happy. Second, I woke up this morning and realized that I had slept on my stomach! Both of these are small things... to me, they represent the impossible.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    I started getting really sick last night - exhausted, cold, achey, fever up to 104, etc. I remember reading somewhere that taking a few drops of iodine can help knock out colds and flu. Being a bit impatient, I've already taken 4 drops this morning, instead of my usual 1 (obviously this is going to be a VERY short term increase). Can anyone remember reading about how much iodine should be taken to help fight off colds and flu?
    I was already taking 15 drops of grapefruit seed extract twice a day, and will bump that up to 4 times a day now, and I am bumping up my coconut oil starting today as well. I heard on the news last night that strep throat is going around, and my throat is killing me. I've had strep once in my life, and that was enough! I need to pull out everything I've got in order to knock this out fast!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    I started getting really sick last night - exhausted, cold, achey, fever up to 104, etc. I remember reading somewhere that taking a few drops of iodine can help knock out colds and flu. Being a bit impatient, I've already taken 4 drops this morning, instead of my usual 1 (obviously this is going to be a VERY short term increase). Can anyone remember reading about how much iodine should be taken to help fight off colds and flu?
    I was already taking 15 drops of grapefruit seed extract twice a day, and will bump that up to 4 times a day now, and I am bumping up my coconut oil starting today as well. I heard on the news last night that strep throat is going around, and my throat is killing me. I've had strep once in my life, and that was enough! I need to pull out everything I've got in order to knock this out fast!
    PaleoGirl
    I suggest Bumping up your Vitamin D3 and your cold will fade away fast. I take 10,000 IU Vitamin D3 daily and that has eliminated the horrible chest colds that I used to suffer EVERY year for several months. I have not suffered a horrible chest cold in 5 years. Now if I feel those sniffles coming on, I double up to 20,000 IU for a week and the sniffles quickly disappear.

Get your 25(oh)D blood level tested and it should read between 70 and 100 to be optimal. Adjust your Vitamin D3 1,000 IU for each 10 ng/ml reading in your blood test.

At home blood test kit for $65 here:
    Vitamin D Council > About vitamin D > Vitamin D deficiency > Am I vitamin D deficient?

IMO, it takes both vitamin D3 and iodine to optimize the immune system.

Hope this helps,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-04-2012 at 09:08 AM.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Grizz beat me to the D3 but he is right.

@Paleo, I used to take up to 300 MILLIgrams of iodine if I felt a cold coming on! But I had been on iodine for a couple of years. After starting on 2000Iu's of D3 at night only I rarely ever got the hint of a cold. I take 7500 Iu's of D3 a night now and I never get a cold. Of course one needs to take magnesium glycinate or magnesium malate and also spray magnesium oil made from Swanson magnesium flakes. (same stuff as Ancient Minerals brand magnesium oil but a lot cheaper). What makes magnesium malate, unique, is that the malate combines with Aluminum molecules even in the brain, and is eliminated from the body.
    Many people swear that on the onset of a cold they raise their D3 intake up to 50000 Iu’s a day and it KNOCKS a cold into submission. I have never had the need to do this.
    D3 has to be supplemented with magnesium and K2-mk4. At least one MILLIgram of K2-mk4 three times a day with olive oil or coconut oil. You can get Carlson’s brand 5 milligrams at Amazon and break the capsule open to retrieve the one milligram to save you money. K2 forces calcium into the bones and teeth where it belongs. K2 has synergy with D3.
    With Iodine one must supplement selenomethionine with it. At least 200 MICROgrams, a day. Many people starting out on Iodine get a racing heart and it is because it increases T3 in the heart if there is a selenium deficiency already. Iodine will cause a further depletion as it needs the selenomethionine to complete its mission and protect the thyroid TOO! SeMC is the best of the best selenium one can take. Buy Life Extension brand of SeMC at Amazon and Swanson magnesium flakes there also.
    To make your own magnesium oil take a cup of Swanson’s magnesium flakes and dissolve it into one quart of warm distilled water. Get a mister bottle for less than two bucks from Ingalls grocery store or wherever.
    @Zophie,
    WOW! So glad to read about your success with Iodine. My 11 year old granddaughter has the same issue too and I will have to get her started on it! She complains of pain in her chest the same way and the doctor is saying the same useless line. I posted your first post over at the iodine forum at curezone, where I come from. (hope you don’t mind) (( -
    I am TORN2TEARS. Iodine is a blessing from God and so are you… !
    t2t

fiber cystic at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1959487)

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Paleogirl,

Can you get food grade hydrogen peroxide? My kids were both sick this last winter, and I know it was strep. I had them gargle roughly three times a day for as long as they could stand it, then spit. They were both cured in this manner.

I had to get the food grade hydrogen peroxide from the health food store.

Hope you get better soon!
    Gwynn

Grizz is offline Banned
    This excellent video is ideal for the skeptics & Doubting Thomas's.
    Dr. Sherry Tenpenny outlines the many disorders from iodine deficiency IAOMT 2007 L.V.

From this excellent video we learn of this website:
    http://www.thyroidmanager.org/

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-04-2012 at 09:45 AM.