Page 316 of 415 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 316

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Now that's a shocker. When I started primal-like eating (have been low carb for 12 years), I started nearly passing out at the computer. After a couple episodes, I decided that my b/p was going south, and I wasn't going to stop eating. So I stopped my Olmetec.Since I AM celiac and have problems with gluten, I am relieved to know I anticipated this news release and did the right thing. BTW, on iodine (now up to 7 drops 5/7 days, my wrinkly and puffy old skin is smoothing out. I hope my insides are keeping pace with my outsides.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Now that's a shocker. When I started primal-like eating (have been low carb for 12 years), I started nearly passing out at the computer. After a couple episodes, I decided that my b/p was going south, and I wasn't going to stop eating. So I stopped my Olmetec.Since I AM celiac and have problems with gluten, I am relieved to know I anticipated this news release and did the right thing.
    BTW, on iodine (now up to 7 drops 5/7 days, my wrinkly and puffy old skin is smoothing out. I hope my insides are keeping pace with my outsides.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    Now that's a shocker. When I started primal-like eating (have been low carb for 12 years), I started nearly passing out at the computer. After a couple episodes, I decided that my b/p was going south, and I wasn't going to stop eating. So I stopped my Olmetec.Since I AM celiac and have problems with gluten, I am relieved to know I anticipated this news release and did the right thing.
    BTW, on iodine (now up to 7 drops 5/7 days, my wrinkly and puffy old skin is smoothing out. I hope my insides are keeping pace with my outsides.
    Paysan ,
    Congratulations, that is GREAT news ! We knew the skin stored about 20% of our iodine & that iodine deficiency resulted in a lack of sweating. We did not know that iodine deficiency could contribute to wrinkly, puffy skin. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-03-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    BEWARE MRI & CT-SCANS
    Contrast dies squirted into your blood stream via IV can cause problems. Doctors cannot discuss the risk for fear of lawsuits.
    Just DO IT. Really?

That doesn't sound remotely like full disclosure. In your shoes I might even consider legal action...........
    Bet you did not sign anything which gave permission for this, unless you had to sign a blanket waiver before treatment.
    ---

----- Original Message -----
    I have to respond to this post because I recently had an MRI with contrast, and a metal toxicity test revealed that my barium and gadolinium levels were off the charts. I was at a complete loss to guess where those toxins could have come from, so much so that I googled them together and wouldn't you know, they are used together in contrast solutions for MRIs! NO one told me until I was actually IN the MRI machine that I would be having an IV, and they were certainly not up front with me about the potential risks. I was nervous about the IV when the lab tech came in with his little wheely cart and IV tubes, and asked specifically what the IV was for, whether it was necessary, and what potential side affects were. I was only told that I might feel a little sting in my arm, and the the solution should flush out of my system in a few days. I was not told that it could have caused me acute kidney failure, or in some rare cases, death. I was not told that months later I woul d still have toxic levels of barium and gadolinium in my system. I took the metals test to rule out high levels of mercury in my system due to amalgam fillings, and possibly other metals, and to have an idea of how careful I should be with detoxing. I was concerned about mercury, but now I see that I need to be more concerned about the potential side affects of these two before unknown toxins in my system. I went to the hospital to try to heal, and now it seems I am more at risk than before. What frustrates me is that the lab technicians may have no clue themselves about the risks of this injection, or if they do, they certainly minimized them. I had the MRI because of a possible tumor in my pituitary, which was confirmed, but I will refuse any further contrast solutions that are not absolutely proven safe. I consider myself blessed that I didn't come home with some serious immediate health issues, and I'm praying that over time I will be able to safely detox and reverse any da mage that was done.
    ===================================
    >
    >
    > Its a very difficult choice.
    > I recently had to have a MRI with and without contrast, CT with contrast and a CT/PET scan with radioactive glucose.
    > I cried and I mean really cried each and every time. infact at the PET scan they had to get the doctor to come talk to me, as I was a mess and couldnt breathe, I was so frightened, I asked each and every doctor/nurse and tech I met, why they thought it was a good idea to throw so much radiation, which causes cancer at me, to see if I had cancer..
    > Judging by my doctors reaction, as a previous poster asked and all the staff I sobbed too, they were all VERY encouraging, told me the hard facts and told me it was medically neccessary due to my condition. They ALL told me if it was me in their situation, they would have it done, knowing what they know.
    > I still have panics about all I had done and will need done in the future.
    > I took every suppliment I could find on the net which counteracts radiation, I increased my iodine and took the best Zeolite I could find, I also had bicarb/zeolite/clay and salt baths afterwards.
    > It depend on your situation, ask if it is needed and if there is any other way, tell them your fears and see if they would choose the same.
    > I really feel for you, it was one of my darkest days going through all that and now I live with the future it may bring and I have more to go through, for many years to come.
    > I will refuse the contrast in the future but its loking like it will be yearly or at least 2 early CT scans
    > I wish you luck xx

==============================================
    > > Short answer; DON'T DO IT< at least, I wouldn't. Firstly, I have Tinnitus; in most cases, Dr.'s don't KNOW what causes it, just several theories.Mine goes from 'not there', to mild buzzing, to roaring, and back again, and I have been unable to discern any pattern or 'why'.
    > > Beyond that; the Dr. could (but can't, due to liability) say; there is a one in kajillion chance that this is caused by a tumor; the fact that it is on one side instead of both sides makes this a POSSIBILITY.
    > > However, the odds are extremely against it.The only way to rule out a tumor, for sure, is to do a MRI, and WITH contrast gives us a clearer picture than without. Personally (the Dr. saying) I would advise against it, because of the extremely low odds, and the possible complications of the procedure.
    > > However, he CAN'T say that, due to liability. Lawyer, at trial for malpractice establishes that Tinnitus on one side is technically ONE sign of a possible tumor, and Dr. advised against getting a test which would detect said tumor, and (even tho odds against it) it WAS a tumor; then he is 'guilty' of malpractice.So, he HAS to 'reccomend' the procedure. But, he's TRYING to tell you something;He's telling you "You don't have to do this NOW", and when you see or hear wording like "could possibly be indicative" think about that, carefully.
    > > Really DEFINITIVE statement, there; "could possibly be indicative".
    > > Anyway, like any decision regarding medical care, YOU have to live or die with the consequences.Personally, I wouldn't agree to the procedure. And, when you tell the Dr. of such a decision, and he writes it in your medical record, his 'ass is covered', liability wise.Watch for his reaction when/if you tell him you don't want the procedure; it will be a good indication of his 'true feelings'; dose he URGE you, strongly and even vehemently to 'reconsider', or does he just say, "Oh, O.K. Its your decision,and I'm 'fine' with that."
    ---
    Are contrast dies worth the risk? What are the risks? Is the dye radioactive?
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-03-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, here's something new about cancer that you might relay to the person with cancer in your last post.

PET scans detect cancer by unusually high glucose use in the body. Glucose (all carbs turn to glucose) feeds cancer. There's a new study out using glucose deprivation to kill cancer cells: Glucose deprivation activates feedback loop that kills cancer cells, UCLA study shows

"Combining short-term glucose deprivation with an inhibitor of tyrosine phosphatases, they demonstrated synergistic cell death in a cancer cell line."
    So ketogenic diet for anyone with cancer, along with a PTP inhibitor.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Also, Dr. Kruse posted on facebook today, a story of the first use of cold therapy to reduce breast fibres.

IceCure Medical

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Colloid is offline Junior Member
    New member here. The information in this thread and in Grizz's Iodine References document are very helpful.

I have/had MCS (multiple chemical sensitivites), allergies, lack of energy, pain in long muscles and joints, headaches etc.

Based on the chemicals I was definitely reacting to, I figured out that chlorine was a problem for me, so I put a showerhead filter in. Shortly thereafter, I put in RO filter to get rid of chlorine and fluorine for my drinking water. That limited my exposure at home, but going to work or out to eat was still a really big problem. I was able to work from home much of the time and that helped reduce exposures and reactions. But, going out in public was a problem. Reactions to perfumes, deodorants, dryer sheet residue, etc. would make my skin tingle, hands and feet would go numb, and debilitating headaches. I was desparate and searching for supplements/soltuions everywhere, and seeing a Dr., board certified in Allergy‑Immunology and Environmental Medicine, the treatments were helping, but ever so slowly. About 6 months ago, I decided to add iodine in the form of 25mg KI tablets (I found some that were free of corn, severe allergy to corn even in tiny amounts). I took the tablets sporadically. I progressed much more rapidly than before, but I didn't attribute it to the iodine. One symptom I experienced was the tip of my nose and lips going numb at night, waking up wondering what allergen I was reacting to, probably just bromine detox. After the next allergy treatment, I added the iodine tablets again, and progressed greatly again. That's when I started doing research on iodine effects found Dr. David Brownstein videos, and switched to 2% Lugol's Iodine, taking some orally and applying it topically to warts, skin tags and other skin anomalies (I had a bunch). I suffered through several rounds of what is most likely bromine detox (I used to have a hot tub I treated with bromine, until it was to painful to use the tub (5 years ago)). My dosing had been erratic, and added selenium just a few weeks ago. The bromoderma on my right foot is healing. I found this thread within the last 10 days and have other supplements on order. I am currently getting about 12-15mg per day (guessing, on the amount I am absorbing through the skin) and taking 200 mcg selenium.

Current state:
    Going in to the office every day (some days all day), no headaches, but starting to react emotionally by end of day (malaise), I recover when at home for a couple hours. The joint pain in my fingers and feet is gone (I noticed 1 week ago). Hip pain is gone (noticed 3 days ago). Reactions to other people's personal care items, (soaps, fragrances, laundry product residues), so low I won't complain, I can still smell it, but it doesn't hurt anymore ( I still keep my distance as much as possible from people that I can smell (almost everybody)). My energy level is high most of the time, but a little sporadic. My sensitivity to chemicals is way way down, I am afraid to test it too much though, the reactions I remember were so painful I prefer not to push it. My mental energy is so high, I can't even describe it, not jumpy or frantic, just pleasantly high.

I am so excited to continue on my journey with iodine. Thank you to Grizz and all other who have contributed to this thread.

Craig
    Last edited by Colloid; 07-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Craig, that is fantastic! That's a dramatic improvement, and all to iodine. And you're right not to push the chemical exposure.
    BTW, Dr. Kruse says skin tags are due to too much Omega 6 oils and not enough 3's in the diet.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Colloid View Post
    New member here. The information in this thread and in Grizz's Iodine References document are very helpful.

I have/had MCS (multiple chemical sensitivites), allergies, lack of energy, pain in long muscles and joints, headaches etc.

Based on the chemicals I was definitely reacting to, I figured out that chlorine was a problem for me, so I put a showerhead filter in. Shortly thereafter, I put in RO filter to get rid of chlorine and fluorine for my drinking water. That limited my exposure at home, but going to work or out to eat was still a really big problem. I was able to work from home much of the time and that helped reduce exposures and reactions. But, going out in public was a problem. Reactions to perfumes, deodorants, dryer sheet residue, etc. would make my skin tingle, hands and feet would go numb, and debilitating headaches. I was desparate and searching for supplements/soltuions everywhere, and seeing a Dr., board certified in Allergy‑Immunology and Environmental Medicine, the treatments were helping, but ever so slowly. About 6 months ago, I decided to add iodine in the form of 25mg KI tablets (I found some that were free of corn, severe allergy to corn even in tiny amounts). I took the tablets sporadically. I progressed much more rapidly than before, but I didn't attribute it to the iodine. One symptom I experienced was the tip of my nose and lips going numb at night, waking up wondering what allergen I was reacting to, probably just bromine detox. After the next allergy treatment, I added the iodine tablets again, and progressed greatly again. That's when I started doing research on iodine effects found Dr. David Brownstein videos, and switched to 2% Lugol's Iodine, taking some orally and applying it topically to warts, skin tags and other skin anomalies (I had a bunch). I suffered through several rounds of what is most likely bromine detox (I used to have a hot tub I treated with bromine, until it was to painful to use the tub (5 years ago)). My dosing had been erratic, and added selenium just a few weeks ago. The bromoderma on my right foot is healing. I found this thread within the last 10 days and have other supplements on order. I am currently getting about 12-15mg per day (guessing, on the amount I am absorbing through the skin) and taking 200 mcg selenium.

Current state:
    Going in to the office every day (some days all day), no headaches, but starting to react emotionally by end of day (malaise), I recover when at home for a couple hours. The joint pain in my fingers and feet is gone (I noticed 1 week ago). Hip pain is gone (noticed 3 days ago). Reactions to other people's personal care items, (soaps, fragrances, laundry product residues), so low I won't complain, I can still smell it, but it doesn't hurt anymore ( I still keep my distance as much as possible from people that I can smell (almost everybody)). My energy level is high most of the time, but a little sporadic. My sensitivity to chemicals is way way down, I am afraid to test it too much though, the reactions I remember were so painful I prefer not to push it. My mental energy is so high, I can't even describe it, not jumpy or frantic, just pleasantly high.

I am so excited to continue on my journey with iodine. Thank you to Grizz and all other who have contributed to this thread.

Craig
    @@Craig,
    I have to say that this a true MIRACLE story ! You have discovered things about iodine that we did not know! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me from your story that you were so loaded up with nasty halide toxins that you developed MCS (multiple chemical sensitivites), allergies, lack of energy, pain in long muscles and joints, headaches etc.

And now since taking iodine supplements, all of these terrible problems are fading away?

@@ Paysan has recently posted another miracle story, his wrinkly puffy old skin is clearing up.

Lynne Farrow director of BreastCancerChoices may contact you to get your stories into a book she is trying to get published so as to tell the world about how valuable iodine is. MILLIONS of people are needlessly suffering as you were and wasting their time & money with doctors. We are doing our best to get the word out to millions of people. Doctors & Drug companies are just not going to do it, so we must do it. Please pass this file on to all of your friends & relatives.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

100 million women suffering from Fibrocystic Breast Disease are depending on us.

Thank you for your wonderful story, and welcome to our little tiny group,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-03-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Grizz, here's something new about cancer that you might relay to the person with cancer in your last post.

PET scans detect cancer by unusually high glucose use in the body. Glucose (all carbs turn to glucose) feeds cancer. There's a new study out using glucose deprivation to kill cancer cells: Glucose deprivation activates feedback loop that kills cancer cells, UCLA study shows

"Combining short-term glucose deprivation with an inhibitor of tyrosine phosphatases, they demonstrated synergistic cell death in a cancer cell line."
    So ketogenic diet for anyone with cancer, along with a PTP inhibitor.
    Owl,
    Many thanks. I have passed your message on to Kay and her best friend who is helping her. Her best friend has painful FBS and has started the iodine supplements.

It is looking very grim for Kay. Doctors have given up and won't look at her any more, she is in Home Hospice to die from vaginal cancer. Doctors are afraid she will die on their operating table, and they don't want ANY deaths showing up on their history records. Surprisingly, she is getting a great deal of relief from her pain by painting her vulva with iodine+grapeseed oil. She also feels better from taking Lugols iodine. I am not expecting remission. However it would be an unexpected miracle if she did go into remission.

Kay's girlfriend & I are planning to hold a seminar at the local church for all the women in our neighborhood that are suffering from Fibrocystic Breast Disease (estimated about 15 at this point in time). Doctors tell these women to learn to live with their painful breasts or else cut them off. EXASPERATING! Iodine has a proven track record of quickly eliminating pain, and dissolving the lumps within just a few months.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-03-2012 at 12:43 PM.