Page 314 of 415 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 314

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Oh, John you hit on a raw nerve. Do you mean using chlorides to break into the cell membrane or get past the blood/brain barrier? I have noticed that most of the drug ingredients that I have looked into use Bromide, fluoride or Chlorine to sneak their active ingredients into the cells. But notice they NEVER use iodine to sneak into the cells. IMO, they could use healthy iodine to sneak their drug into the cells instead of halide toxins, but they won't because that would improve health in the patient. No, they focus on delivering their drugs into the cells with the Halide TOXINS instead. Just my opinion and I could be obviously dead wrong.

So it seems to me that if you are taking iodine supplements with your potassium, then iodine should carry your potassium into your cells in a more healthy way. Here is another thought, Lugols contains both iodine AND Potassium Iodide. Could Lugols be giving you all the Potassium you need? What do you think?

Chloride

Grizz
    I did a bing search on klor-con. The report said it was potassium chloride. So I just assumed it has the chloride type of salt to be a binder. When I searched for supplements, I found Sundown Naturals (which my pharmacist recommends) has two kinds. A potassium gluconate and potassium multi. The same happpened when I searched Swanson's Vitamins. I got the gluconate and other various formulations. None had chloride though. I was particularly distressed when I read the wikkipedia entry about klor-con, that potassium chloride has been used in lethal injections and Dr. Kervokian's suicide machine. It is bad enough that I take rat poison to thin my blood.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    That Wicki Report is AMAZING:
    Potassium chloride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have you taking fertilizer pills!
    That must be why they want you to take it. It helps you to grow?

Potassium Chloride is a natural mineral. Why do they charge so much for klor-con? Do they enhance it with Magical Pixie Dust?

Grizz

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I did a bing search on klor-con. The report said it was potassium chloride. So I just assumed it has the chloride type of salt to be a binder. When I searched for supplements, I found Sundown Naturals (which my pharmacist recommends) has two kinds. A potassium gluconate and potassium multi. The same happpened when I searched Swanson's Vitamins. I got the gluconate and other various formulations. None had chloride though. I was particularly distressed when I read the wikkipedia entry about klor-con, that potassium chloride has been used in lethal injections and Dr. Kervokian's suicide machine. It is bad enough that I take rat poison to thin my blood.
    Potassium chloride is definitely not poison. They give a massive IV dose to cause death, but like most things the poison is in the dose.

I need to take potassium chloride daily. I hate the huge pills and they gave me esophogitis. Now I just buy purified potassium chloride (NOW brand) and keep very concentrated solution in water in the fridge. They I dilute a bit of it every day in water and drink it. Works great for me.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Did you ever wonder how much it costs a drug company for the active ingredient in prescription medications? Some people think it must cost a lot, since many drugs sell for more than $2.00 per tablet. We did a search of offshore chemical synthesizers that supply the active ingredients found in drugs approved by the FDA. As we have revealed in past issues of Life Extension a significant percentage of drugs sold in the United States contain active ingredients made in other countries. In our independent investigation of how much profit drug companies really make, we obtained the actual price of active ingredients used in some of the most popular drugs sold in America ..

Celebrex:100 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $130.27
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.60
    Percent markup: 21,712%

Claritin:10 mg
    Consumer Price (100 tablets): $215.17
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.71
    Percent markup: 30,306%

Keflex:250 mg
    Consumer Price (100 tablets): $157.39
    Cost of general active ingredients: $1.88
    Percent markup: 8,372%

Lipitor:20 mg
    Consumer Price (100 tablets): $272.37
    Cost of general active ingredients: $5.80
    Percent markup: 4,696%
    Error! Filename not specified.

Norvasc:10 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $188.29
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.14
    Percent markup: 134,493%

Paxil:20 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $220.27
    Cost of general active ingredients: $7.60
    Percent markup: 2,898%

Prevacid:30 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $44.77
    Cost of general active ingredients: $1.01
    Percent markup: 34,136%

Prilosec: 20 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $360.97
    Cost of general active ingredients $0.52
    Percent markup: 69,417%

Prozac:20 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets) : $247.47
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.11
    Percent markup: 224,973%

Tenormin:50 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $104.47
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.13
    Percent markup: 80,362%

Vasotec:10 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $102.37
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.20
    Percent markup: 51,185%

Xanax:1 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets) : $136.79
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.024
    Percent markup: 569,958%

Zestril:20 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets) $89.89
    Cost of general active ingredients $3.20
    Percent markup: 2,809%

Zithromax:600 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $1,482.19
    Cost of general active ingredients: $18.78
    Percent markup: 7,892%

Zocor:40 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $350.27
    Cost of general active ingredients: $8.63
    Percent markup: 4,059%

Zoloft:50 mg
    Consumer price: $206.87
    Cost of general active ingredients: $1.75
    Percent markup: 11,821%

Since the cost of prescription drugs is so outrageous, I thought everyone should know about this.
    It pays to shop around! This helps to solve the mystery as to why they can afford to put a Walgreen's on every corner. On Monday night, Steve Wilson, an investigative reporter for Channel 7 News in Detroit , did a story on generic drug prices gouging by pharmacies. He found in his investigation that some of these generic drugs were marked up as much as 3,000% or more. So often we blame the drug companies for the high cost of drugs, and usually rightfully so. But in this case, the fault clearly lies with the pharmacies themselves. For example if you had to buy a prescription drug, and bought the name brand, you might pay $100 for 100 pills.
    The pharmacist might tell you that if you get the generic equivalent, they would only cost $80, making you think you are saving $20. What the pharmacist is not telling you is that those 100 generic pills may have only cost him $10!

At the end of the report, one of the anchors asked Mr. Wilson whether or not there were any pharmacies that did not adhere to this practice, and he said that Costco consistently charged little over their cost for the generic drugs.

Bottom line, when it comes to Generic Drugs it REALLY pays to shop around.
    These 2 generic drug suppliers are very hard to beat on prices:
    Canadian Pharmacy | Prescription Drugs Online | Global Pharmacy Canada
    Costco Drug Information

Please let us know if you have a more cost effective supplier,
    Grizz
    But it costs literally million and millions of dollars to do the research to develop those drugs. You're not paying a fortune for the actually physical pill, the price is because 90% of the drugs they spend millions of dollars on eventually fail and it took years to develop that drug.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems from The Internet

Another success story - Iodine cures Painful Fibrocyctic Breasts
    ==========================================
    Sore doesn't sufficiently discribe how badly my breast hurt 3/4 of the time. I had tried everything for 23 years with extremely limited relief. At this point, I feel I have to share that I have gotten phenominol relief from Magnascent Iodine!!! My breast have not felt this close to "normal" since before I had my 24 year old!!!! I am 47 and have lived in "booby hell" for 23 1/2 years!!! I put 18 drops in 4 oz of water every morning. Doesn't taste great but that is a small price to pay! Just had to share this as is was a similar post that my husband found that directed me to it>
    fibrocystic breast misery relief at Fibrocystic Breast Disease Forum (MessageID: 1703454)
    And still doctors are telling women in our neighborhood to learn to live with the fibrocystic pain cut them off.

So once again it pays to shop around for an iodine trained doctor. Not ALL doctors are ignorant of iodine:

List of iodine aware doctors
    Iodine Literate Practitoners Directory

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    But it costs literally million and millions of dollars to do the research to develop those drugs. You're not paying a fortune for the actually physical pill, the price is because 90% of the drugs they spend millions of dollars on eventually fail and it took years to develop that drug.
    Jamies,
    You missed the entire point of that report:
    There are 2 classes of drugs discussed. Name Brand & Generic.
    1) It is the Pharmacies to blame for price gouging on GENERIC drugs.
    So often we blame the drug companies for the high cost of drugs, and usually rightfully so. But in this case, the fault clearly lies with the pharmacies themselves. For example if you had to buy a prescription drug, and bought the name brand, you might pay $100 for 100 pills.
    The pharmacist might tell you that if you get the generic equivalent, they would only cost $80, making you think you are saving $20. What the pharmacist is not telling you is that those 100 generic pills may have only cost him $10!
    2) It pays to shop around.
    Two examples of huge discount pharmacies were given that charge 80% less than your typical drug store for generic drugs.

Sorry that wasn't clear. I went back to correct that message ,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-30-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Unfortunately, that is what the drug companies want us to believe. The truth is that very little R&D is going on, most new drugs are derivatives or re-purposing of older drugs. Advertising and profits are the lion's share of the price of drugs.

Drug companies charge Americans way more than they charge other countries for the same drugs, because they think the traffic will bear it.

For example, I used to use Flonase nasal spray frequently for allergies and asthma. The generic didn't work well for me, so I wanted the name brand. My insurance co-pay (Blue Cross PPO) was $125 per bottle for a one month's supply. The least expensive in the US I could find at an internet pharmacy was $90. A Canadian pharmacy was selling the same medication, made for New Zealand by the same company, GlaxoSmithKline, for $25 per bottle + $10 shipping from New Zealand.
    Now, if the Canadian pharmacy can sell it for $25, with someone in New Zealand also making a profit, how much does that bottle really cost to make? GlaxoSmithKline is not going to wholesale it at a loss.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Unfortunately, that is what the drug companies want us to believe. The truth is that very little R&D is going on, most new drugs are derivatives or re-purposing of older drugs. Advertising and profits are the lion's share of the price of drugs.

Drug companies charge Americans way more than they charge other countries for the same drugs, because they think the traffic will bear it.

For example, I used to use Flonase nasal spray frequently for allergies and asthma. The generic didn't work well for me, so I wanted the name brand. My insurance co-pay (Blue Cross PPO) was $125 per bottle for a one month's supply. The least expensive in the US I could find at an internet pharmacy was $90. A Canadian pharmacy was selling the same medication, made for New Zealand by the same company, GlaxoSmithKline, for $25 per bottle + $10 shipping from New Zealand.
    Now, if the Canadian pharmacy can sell it for $25, with someone in New Zealand also making a profit, how much does that bottle really cost to make? GlaxoSmithKline is not going to wholesale it at a loss.
    Owl,
    Excellent report. And the point I was trying to make is that when the drug goes to generic status. the new thieves on the block are the drugstores with 3,000% markups and more. My asthma inhalers can be purchased at an 80% discount by shopping around. Costco & my Canadian Pharmacy both sell my asthma inhalers for similar discounts compared to what I was forced to pay at my local drugstore.

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post

I don't want to give the impression that i am pro-big pharma, because I'm not and I agree that many, many drugs are over prescribed. But the fact is that there are lots and lots of new drugs out there every year that have been created and tested by big pharma. There is a lot of research that takes place in many of these companies. There are some that specialize in just what you said, but not all. I am in the field of immunology research and I see lots of R&D done by companies.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I'm afraid one of the biggest "Research" expenses Drug Companies have is bribing Fed & State public officials.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-01-2012 at 06:56 AM.