Page 312 of 415 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 312

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=Grizz;883655]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    hebs,

thank you for the update on Global Pharmacy Canada. Their inhalers work the same as the ones I get from the drugstore, so they are OK for my purposes. I'll wager that the inhalers I get from the drugstore are also outsourced to India, China or anyplace where they can get people to work for $1 a day.

IMO, most if not all drug production is outsourced.

Grizz
    ...yes, but there's legal (and FDA approved) outsourcing, and then there's these off-shore pharms (like Global) selling copycat/generic meds (without prescriptions) over the net (all the while trying to claim an affiliation with Canada -- which they don't have). Again, just something for people to consider...hebs

Grizz is offline Banned
    Let the buyer beware. If I am not happy with the inhalers sold by Global, then they don't get any more of my business, just like any other product I buy. They do work and I am a happy customer. Also, all generic meds are cheap copycats of the expensive name brands, and India is the single largest producer of generic drugs.

The fact is that drugstores have priced themselves out of business. We don't need 4 drugstores on many intersections. Do you have a better supplier than Global? Let us hear your better idea for big discounts on generic drugs.

If you have a prescription, you can get similar pricing from Costco.
    http://www.costco.com/Pharmacy/DrugInformation.aspx?p=1

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-28-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Also it is no secret they use Indian production. Here is what it says right on their website:

Grizz
    ...so why be deceptive and call yourself a Canadian Pharmacy?

Remember yesterday you were thanking Canada for the cheap drugs -- it was still pretty secretive then wasn't it?!?...hebs

ps...I am glad the cheaper meds work for you, cheers to that!

Let the buyer beware. If I am not happy with the inhalers sold by Global, then they don't get any more of my business, just like any other product I buy. They do work and I am a happy customer. Also, all generic meds are cheap copycats of the expensive name brands, and India is the single largest producer of generic drugs.

The fact is that drugstores have priced themselves out of business. We don't need 4 drugstores on many intersections. Do you have a better supplier than Global? Let us hear your better idea for big discounts on generic drugs.

Grizz
    ...haha, and now you're getting that passive-aggressive thing of yours happening again. I'll let it die. Was only trying to keep you, the consumer, informed here. Peace out Grizz, happy Iodining...hebs

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...haha, and now you're getting that passive-aggressive thing of yours happening again. I'll let it die. Was only trying to keep you, the consumer, informed here. Peace out Grizz, happy Iodining...hebs
    If you are not happy with Global, then Costco is your best bet with equally huge discounts on generic drugs. Try to beat these prices:
    Costco Drug Information
    ( You don't need to be a member to buy their drugs )

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Did you ever wonder how much it costs a drug company for the active ingredient in prescription medications (for Name Brand Drugs)? Some people think it must cost a lot, since many drugs sell for more than $2.00 per tablet. We did a search of offshore chemical synthesizers that supply the active ingredients found in drugs approved by the FDA. As we have revealed in past issues of Life Extension a significant percentage of drugs sold in the United States contain active ingredients made in other countries. In our independent investigation of how much MARKUP drug companies really make, we obtained the actual price of active ingredients used in some of the most popular drugs sold in America ..

(We know that they must pay for research etc. the point being made here is that the Pharmacies are to blame for outrageous markups for the Generic Drugs. Name brand drugs get justifiable markups - the following list is NAME BRAND markups - not Generic Drug markups Grizz)

Celebrex:100 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $130.27
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.60
    Percent markup: 21,712%

Claritin:10 mg
    Consumer Price (100 tablets): $215.17
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.71
    Percent markup: 30,306%

Keflex:250 mg
    Consumer Price (100 tablets): $157.39
    Cost of general active ingredients: $1.88
    Percent markup: 8,372%

Lipitor:20 mg
    Consumer Price (100 tablets): $272.37
    Cost of general active ingredients: $5.80
    Percent markup: 4,696%
    Error! Filename not specified.

Norvasc:10 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $188.29
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.14
    Percent markup: 134,493%

Paxil:20 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $220.27
    Cost of general active ingredients: $7.60
    Percent markup: 2,898%

Prevacid:30 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $44.77
    Cost of general active ingredients: $1.01
    Percent markup: 34,136%

Prilosec: 20 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $360.97
    Cost of general active ingredients $0.52
    Percent markup: 69,417%

Prozac:20 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets) : $247.47
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.11
    Percent markup: 224,973%

Tenormin:50 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $104.47
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.13
    Percent markup: 80,362%

Vasotec:10 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $102.37
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.20
    Percent markup: 51,185%

Xanax:1 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets) : $136.79
    Cost of general active ingredients: $0.024
    Percent markup: 569,958%

Zestril:20 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets) $89.89
    Cost of general active ingredients $3.20
    Percent markup: 2,809%

Zithromax:600 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $1,482.19
    Cost of general active ingredients: $18.78
    Percent markup: 7,892%

Zocor:40 mg
    Consumer price (100 tablets): $350.27
    Cost of general active ingredients: $8.63
    Percent markup: 4,059%

Zoloft:50 mg
    Consumer price: $206.87
    Cost of general active ingredients: $1.75
    Percent markup: 11,821%

Since the cost of prescription drugs is so outrageous, I thought everyone should know about this.
    It pays to shop around! This helps to solve the mystery as to why they can afford to put a Walgreen's on every corner. On Monday night, Steve Wilson, an investigative reporter for Channel 7 News in Detroit , did a story on generic drug price gouging by pharmacies. He found in his investigation that some of these generic drugs were marked up as much as 3,000% or more. So often we blame the drug companies for the high cost of drugs, and usually rightfully so. But in this case, the fault clearly lies with the pharmacies themselves. For example if you had to buy a prescription drug, and bought the name brand, you might pay $100 for 100 pills.
    The pharmacist might tell you that if you get the generic equivalent, they would only cost $80, making you think you are saving $20. What the pharmacist is not telling you is that those 100 generic pills may have only cost him $10!

At the end of the report, one of the anchors asked Mr. Wilson whether or not there were any pharmacies that did not adhere to this practice, and he said that Costco consistently charged little over their cost for the generic drugs.

Bottom line, when it comes to Generic Drugs it REALLY pays to shop around.
    These 2 generic drug suppliers are very hard to beat on prices, (typically 80% less than what drugstores charge
    http://www.globalpharmacycanada.com/
    http://www.costco.com/Pharmacy/DrugInformation.aspx?p=1

Please let us know if you have a more cost effective supplier,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-30-2012 at 01:09 PM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Your Prilosec price is too high. It's about $26 for 42 tablets no matter where you shop.
    Prevacid is probably a little underpriced because it only recently went OTC.

I know this because I took those drugs for 11 years. Six months ago I stopped them when I went on leptin reset, and haven't needed it since. We've had a couple Success Stories about people no longer needing the PPI drugs. When I told my doctor that I went paleo/primal and no longer needed the drugs, she -- bless her heart -- reacted with an open mind and said "you know, I've heard the same thing from people who went gluten free. hmmmmm.."

Doctors almost never do an actual GERD test for the function of that valve. You tell them your symptoms and they diagnose on symptoms alone. Sometimes they even assume you have an ulcer and prescribe heavy-duty antibiotics like a PrevPack. There's a test for the valve, but it involves putting a tube down your throat (icky), and the test is more expensive than the drugs. So now there are millions of people walking around with a wrong diagnosis.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Oxide,
    Yup, it REALLY pays to shop around for drugs.

Thank you for your doctor story. These true life doctor stories never cease to amaze me. I just heard from another woman in my neighborhood ( 2nd one, different doctor) This doctor also told her to learn to live with her fibrocystic breast pain or cut them off. She heard about the miracle of iodine and is starting on the iodine therapy this week.

Too bad Dr. Kruse can't hold a seminar for doctors nationwide to teach them about iodine:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post860414

Grizz

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I take a Klor-con tablet everyday. I have learned to swallow this horse pill without a problem. But I was wondering if there was a better, non-perscription form of potasium I could/should be taking? It is 'Potasium Chloride' so I was wondering if there was another non-halide solution. What foods in what quantities should I be eating? I think fruits contain potasium, but I have type II diabetes, so I can not eat much.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

oxide is offline Senior Member
    You can buy potassium gluconate at the natural food stores, and of course Amazon has it. Bananas are the most potassium-heavy, but carb-heavy too.

Today I'll start putting spot-band-aids on the moles again. The trick is to burn a skin layer, peel it off, repeat. But you should shouldn't burn too much. I'm having the most success with the hip mole.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.