Page 311 of 415 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 311

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Grizz, I'm not getting anymore flu shots either. I didn't get one this winter. The previous year I did, and I ended up getting the flu anyway. But I'm much healthier now. All of my hormones, vitamins, minerals, and iodine are near optimal. My diet is much better, being primal/paleo. I don't see a need at all for vaccines.

asmitty is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys,

I ordered this lugols solution

Risingsun Herbal Health
    Lugol's Iodine Solution 2.2% 2 fl oz (60ml)

Two questions:

1. It says it contains 2.75mg iodine per drop. However, other websites say the same solution is 1mg iodine an d 1.5 mg iodide. Do you all know who is right?

2. Any information on the tolerable upper limit for iodide since it contains that as well?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Grizz, I'm not getting anymore flu shots either. I didn't get one this winter. The previous year I did, and I ended up getting the flu anyway. But I'm much healthier now. All of my hormones, vitamins, minerals, and iodine are near optimal. My diet is much better, being primal/paleo. I don't see a need at all for vaccines.
    Yay for you and congratulations ! Doesn't that feel good? I have to tell you how bad it was for me. I was afraid to go to church or the store for fear of someone coughing on me. If I caught a cold, it was DEVASTATING, going right into my lungs every time. My chest colds were so terrible that I could barely breath and I even lost my voice at times. I suffered with these chest colds for up to 2 months ! ! EVERY WINTER ! I also caught the flu every time it came around. I was one SICKLY man.

Now I am immune. I boldly go where I was once fearful. People can cough in my face all they want to, and I am IMMUNE. If by chance I feel that familiar throat tickle, I bump my D3 from 10,000 IU daily to 20,000 IU daily for a few days, and throat tickle is GONE.

So for certain there will be no flu shots for me. I am extremely confident that my immune system can take on any "Flu" that the drug companies create in their labs to boost vaccine sales.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by asmitty View Post
    Hey guys,

I ordered this lugols solution

Risingsun Herbal Health
    Lugol's Iodine Solution 2.2% 2 fl oz (60ml)

Two questions:

1. It says it contains 2.75mg iodine per drop. However, other websites say the same solution is 1mg iodine an d 1.5 mg iodide. Do you all know who is right?

2. Any information on the tolerable upper limit for iodide since it contains that as well?
    asmitty,
    Lugols 2.2% contains both Iodine and Iodide and the total of both is a little lass than 3
    Lugol's 5% = Iodine 2.5 mg, + Iodide 3.75 mg = 6.25 mgs total per drop
    Lugol's 2% = Iodine 1.0 mg, + Iodide 1. 5 mg = 2.5 mgs total per drop

You should follow the instructions at Iodine 101 for slowly titrating up to avoid detox symptoms.

Your goal is to slowly titrate up to 50mg a day with the required supplements, per the Dr. Brownstein Protocol.
    Welcome to our group.

Grizz

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Water Fluoridation began in 1945 and continues today, despite the fact that the FDA has never approved it

IMO, this entire subject of water fluoridation is an OUTRAGE !
    Make the population sickly to boost drug company profits ? Is this really it ?

Grizz
    Grizz, the article you have quoted from is inaccurate in part at least. The UK certainly has some areas of fluoridation

http://dwi.defra.gov.uk/consumers/ad...luoridemap.pdf

and if they can be so sweepingly wrong about one part of their research, the rest is surely called into question? I am fortunate in that the part of the UK which I live in has no added fluoride, but my parents are not so lucky, and it is also in the water where I keep my narrow boat, near Northampton.

Grizz is offline Banned
    breadsauce,

thank God you and I don't suffer with fluoride tainted water which strips iodine out of our cells.

I have great news to report. One of our neighbors with vagina cancer is in home hospice, doctors refuse to lift a finger for her. She started with the iodine protocol and painted her vulva with iodine + grapeseed oil, and within an hour her severe pain subsided. I was expecting iodine to help her painful condition, but I never expected such a rapid response. She is in advanced cancer so I am not expecting remission. Two of her friends have extremely painful Fibrocystic Breasts, and they are both starting the Iodine Therapy this week. They have different doctors, and both of their doctors told them to live with the fibrocystic pain or else cut them off. Has anyone here talked to their doctors about fibrocystic breast pain? What did they tell you?

Grizz

hebsie is offline Senior Member

I don't know how the inhalers are made, or if they are identical or not. I also have no idea of the strength. What count is do they work or not. They work just as well as the grossly expensive stuff at the drugstore, and that is good enough for me. I only need to use it a few times a year, and 1 inhaler will last me several years. The Drug companies & the drug stores are legal thieves as far as I'm concerned. Thank God these thieves have competition from Canada, I say. IMO, they need even more competition.

Grizz
    ...just so you know Grizz, Global Pharmacy Canada has nothing more to do with Canada than simply using Canada in it's catchy name -- done in an attempt to fool people like you. They're actually based in India, just like all the other 99.99% *so-called* on-line Canadian Pharms out there.

So based in India, selling non-regulated meds made in India. Something to consider...hebs

Grizz is offline Banned
    hebs,

thank you for the update on Global Pharmacy Canada. Their inhalers work the same as the ones I get from the drugstore, so they are OK for my purposes. I'll wager that the inhalers I get from the drugstore are also outsourced to India, China or anyplace where they can get people to work for $1 a day.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-28-2012 at 06:40 AM.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    hebs,

thank you for the update on Global Pharmacy Canada. Their inhalers work the same as the ones I get from the drugstore, so they are OK for my purposes.

Grizz

Have had the opportunity to use one yet?

Hebsie, Thanks for the info about the origin of their drugs, I will no longer consider them.

LJ
    Last edited by ljbprrfmof; 06-28-2012 at 06:28 AM.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=Grizz;883612]hebs,

thank you for the update on Global Pharmacy Canada. Their inhalers work the same as the ones I get from the drugstore, so they are OK for my purposes. I'll wager that the inhalers I get from the drugstore are also outsourced to India, China or anyplace where they can get people to work for $1 a day.
    Why outsource work into India?
    India today has the largest number of US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved drug manufacturing facilities outside the US. The Indian patent act amended on March 2005 opens a new avenue for India into the global pharmaceutical market. Pharma multinationals have maintained a low-key presence in Indian market due to absence of product patents and rigid price controls. Indian pharmaceutical industry did not receive significant foreign direct investment (FDI) but introduction of product patents will see multinationals strengthening their presence in the country. India holds multiple advantages over other countries for increasing outsourced work:

- Presence of over 10,000 pharmaceutical companies and one fourth of it can provide contract manufacturing facilities to foreign pharmaceutical companies

- Presence of around 25 Contract Research service (CRO) providers with excellent infrastructure and well trained and experienced staff to conduct clinical development activities

- India’s well known software skills and English speaking scientist for bioinformatics

The second largest population in the world, a growing economy and rising income levels makes Indian market difficult to ignore.
    Outsourcing in Pharmaceutical Industry -
    IMO, most if not all drug production is outsourced.

Also it is no secret they use Indian production. Here is what it says right on their website:
    About The Medications We Offer...

India's pharmaceutical industry is the fourth largest in the world, and India is the single largest producer of generic medicine in the world, supplying pharmacies in Europe, North America and around the World. Click here to find out more about some of the larger Indian drug manufacturers who supply generic medications to our partner pharmacies.
    Not Sure about India? Consider this...

India’s drug patent laws are more patient-friendly, allowing generic medications to enter the market far sooner than in other countries like the US.
    India is the world's largest democracy with over one billion people.
    America's largest corporations have outsourced operations to India, taking advantage of their highly skilled, professional workforce.
    Every year, thousands of American citizens travel to India to receive world-class medical care (reported in Time Magazine, May 29, 2006).
    Many of the brand-name drugs in the United States are manufactured with base ingredients supplied by India.
    38% of doctors in America are Indian.
    We live in a global economy...Why should you pay more than consumers pay in other countries?
    http://www.globalpharmacycanada.com/
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-28-2012 at 09:28 AM.