Page 310 of 415 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 310

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Primal Fuel
    I seem to have some improvement. I seem to have fewer episodes of the urgency, during the day. Last night, Ialept through the night. But I also cut my liquid intake. I am at 37.5 mg of iodine plus the painting.

I am sure they have taken proper steps to seal the packages. I was asking if the meds were of equal strength and made the same way. Since I am close to a boarder, a few years ago we had a trend of people going to Canada to purchase. To discourage the practice, we were told the strengths were different. But I am sure that might have been big pharma protecting their turf.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I seem to have some improvement. I seem to have fewer episodes of the urgency, during the day. Last night, Ialept through the night. But I also cut my liquid intake. I am at 37.5 mg of iodine plus the painting.

I am sure they have taken proper steps to seal the packages. I was asking if the meds were of equal strength and made the same way. Since I am close to a boarder, a few years ago we had a trend of people going to Canada to purchase. To discourage the practice, we were told the strengths were different. But I am sure that might have been big pharma protecting their turf.
    Great news that your prostate is improving. YAY ! I just had another new success with iodine. I treated a NASTY bug bite that was swollen & itchy with 1 drop of 5% Lugols. Within hours itchyness GONE and most of the swelling GONE. I LOVE iodine ! This was remarkable, since a bugbite like this one would be itching & swollen for at least a week. This conforms this message at CureZone:
    Yesterday morning, I woke up with this big red mark on my arm. Something had bitten me the night before either in my yard or while I was sleeping. I knew it was not a mosquito bite and I was concerned it might be a spider bite. It was also beginning to send out red streaks around the bite mark.
    So, I begin applying Iodine and kept iodine on it all day long. Whatever type of bite, it itched like crazy all day.
    This morning, it's completely gone. No itch or red mark.

This stuff really works,Paulette
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=907424#i
    I don't know how the inhalers are made, or if they are identical or not. I also have no idea of the strength. What count is do they work or not. They work just as well as the grossly expensive stuff at the drugstore, and that is good enough for me. I only need to use it a few times a year, and 1 inhaler will last me several years. The Drug companies & the drug stores are legal thieves as far as I'm concerned. Thank God these thieves have competition from Canada, I say. IMO, they need even more competition.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-27-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Mr. Bosnic, who was nice enough to start this thread suggests focusing more on the natural sources of iodine, such as fish + seaweed and about lower dosages of supplements.
    Any comments?

PS) Mr. Bosnic, Thank you so much for editing your message #1 with the latest information from Mark & that we have. I also updated my first message, #7 with the latest.

Grizz

stoney56 is offline Member
    So we have been drinking a beginning dose of Lugol's for a month or so now, and it dawned on me that we should be adding in some brazil nuts - why is it so freaking hard to find them? They are only in the mixed nuts packaging at the grocery store, and most of them are baked in stupid rancid oils. What is a good source for these nuts - or am I just nuts...

The best option for me at this point is to stand in the bulk foods isle for 10 minutes and scoop out just the brazil nuts.
    Last edited by stoney56; 06-27-2012 at 08:22 AM.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Mr. Bosnic, who was nice enough to start this thread suggests focusing more on the natural sources of iodine, such as fish + seaweed and about lower dosages of supplements.
    Any comments?

PS) Mr. Bosnic, Thank you so much for editing your message #1 with the latest information from Mark & that we have. I also updated my first message, #7 with the latest.

Grizz
    Tell Mr. Bosnic that I appreciate him for starting this thread. And then tell him that I will continue to use Iodoral & Lugols as long as there are halides saturating our environment. Bosnic can do whatever he wants to do. I will continue to fix my health issues which include estrogen dominance, candida overgrowth, hypothyroidism and anxiety which I have learned are all related to Iodine Deficiency. I like fish and seaweed but I am concerned about mercury and other toxins with those so I eat those in moderation unless I trust their source. So I will continue with my Bromide/Halide Detox protocol and then go down to a maintenance dose in the near future. I was aware of Iodine Saturation protocol before this thread; this thread just helped me to start doing it better with the use of Iodoral instead of the other iodine I was using.

You raised the bar, Grizz, when you started posting here. Thanks so much for all your great contributions to this thread!!!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney56 View Post
    So we have been drinking a beginning dose of Lugol's for a month or so now, and it dawned on me that we should be adding in some brazil nuts - why is it so freaking hard to find them? They are only in the mixed nuts packaging at the grocery store, and most of them are baked in stupid rancid oils. What is a good source for these nuts - or am I just nuts...

The best option for me at this point is to stand in the bulk foods isle for 10 minutes and scoop out just the brazil nuts.
    You don't need Brazil Nuts to get your required Selenium. The Iodine Doctors recommend - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred) available on line or from any health food store.

The selenium is required for your thyroid health as described here:
    During times of selenium deficiency, the body will use any available selenium for the thyroid. This helps to explain the common symptoms of brain fog, senility, and overall decreased cognitive functions in those who are selenium deficient. Even the brain and neurotransmitters “take a back seat” to the functioning of the thyroid in regards to selenium status within the body.

What does selenium do for the thyroid? How is it connected to iodine? As stated earlier, selenoproteins in the Dis family convert the storage hormone T4 into the active T3 hormone. It does this by removing one iodine atom from the T4. But, selenium has other relationships with iodine as well. It is well documented that a severe iodine deficiency leads to neurological and myxedematous cretinism. It is only when a severe selenium deficiency is coupled with a severe iodine deficiency does the latter occur. Iodine deficiency also causes goiter but a selenium deficiency results in a “weighty” or heavy thyroid as evidenced by ultrasound results. Studies show that selenium protects against goiter and iodine is proving to protect against a heavy thyroid.

When there is an iodine deficiency and attempts to supplement with selenium occur, the selenium will magnify the iodine deficiency causing it to become worse. The reverse is also true. If there is a selenium deficiency and attempts are made to supplement with iodine, the iodine will exacerbate the selenium deficiency causing it to worsen as well. In fact, anytime one is high and the other is low, symptoms will occur and often times get worse. If there is a deficiency, both must be supplemented or kept low.

In addition to its affiliation with iodine, selenium is responsible for other regulatory functions within the thyroid. Selenium deficiency leads to the exacerbation of Graves, Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s and other thyroid disorders. Recent studies have shown that selenium supplementation can reduce serum levels of T4, Free T4, and Reverse T3 (See links below). To explain, the thyroid produces hydrogen peroxide during the production of T4. While some hydrogen peroxide is essential for proper functioning, excessive amounts of it can lead to high T4 production which results in a lower T3 availability. Too much hydrogen peroxide will also cause cell destruction. Selenium as GPx anti-oxidant breaks down excessive hydrogen peroxide and as a TRx prevents cell damage and necrosis of thyrocytes. Much more here:
    Selenium | Stop The Thyroid Madness
    Bottom line, the selenium is required to prevent a potential "Thyroid Firestorm," and people who get severe thyroid problems from taking iodine falsely blame the iodine when in fact they were not taking ALL of the required co-supplements.
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
    - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mcg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred
    - - ATP Cofactors caplet contains 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio
    - - -Take 1 caplet with iodine up to 50mg, then another caplet for each 50 mg iodine,

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Water Fluoridation began in 1945 and continues today, despite the fact that the FDA has never approved it

(NaturalNews) The year before water fluoridation began in the United States, the entire dental profession recognized that fluoride was detrimental to dental health. In fact, in 1944 the Journal of the American Dental Association reported that using between 1.6 and 4 ppm (parts per million) fluoride in water would cause 50% of adults to need false teeth. On top of that, the world's largest study looked at 400,000 students, revealing that tooth decay increased in over 25% with just 1ppm fluoride in drinking water. (Healthy product Alternatives for Clean Air, Clean Water, and Safe, Green and Affordable Products for your Body, Pets, Homes and the Environment!)

Yet still, in 1945, fluoride was put into municipal water systems in Newburgh, New York, and Grand Rapids, Michigan. Over the next 50 years, more than 60 percent of the U.S. population was "fluoridated" at a minimum of 1 ppm. Currently, over 75% of the United States water supply contains this deadly toxin.

One part of the hoax, "fluoride helps with tooth formation," was removed from the "American Fluoride Campaign" early on. Realizing this might expose the entire campaign as fraudulent, the FDA and CDC simply removed that language, but kept the masses believing that fluoride keeps dental cavities at bay.

Over 70% of America still clings to the multi-faceted myth

Research proves that fluoride is an extremely neurotoxic chemical which interrupts basic functions of nerve cells in the brain and can lead to Alzheimer's, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), infertility, birth defects, diabetes, cancer and lowered IQ. The aluminum "tricks" the blood-brain barrier and allows chemical access to brain tissue.

Think fluoride is used by the rest of the world? France, Germany, Japan, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Finland, India and Great Britain have all rejected its use after special commissions and health secretaries reviewed the negative evidence.

Think fluoride cleanses the water? Fluoride is one of the basic ingredients in military nerve gas. Sodium fluoride is a hazardous waste by-product from the manufacture of aluminum and fertilizer, and it is a common ingredient in roach and rat poisons.

Think fluoride fights cavities and strengthens bones? Dental fluorosis is often caused by over-exposure to fluoride when the dental enamel is mineralizing during childhood. Fluoride is unique in its ability among acids to penetrate tissue, causing soft tissue damage and bone erosion as it leaches calcium and magnesium from the body. (Fluoride)

Think fluoride evaporates from water? Fluoride does not evaporate from water left sitting out. Also,boiling or freezing won't help at all, and basic filters like Brita do not remove it. Reverse osmosis does remove it, and natural spring water does not contain it.

Because the ADA maintains a stranglehold on the dental profession, no dentists are ever openly critical of fluoride. The ADA can influence State Dental Boards which can take away a dentist's license, so you won't hear anything negative about it from your dentist. Most brands of toothpaste contain at least 1,000 ppm fluoride, so if a child were to eat an entire tube, he/she would die.

Fluoride has never received FDA approval and does not meet "requirements of safety and effectiveness." The FDA states that fluoride is a prescription drug. Because this "drug" is put in municipal water, there is absolutely no control over individual dosage.

So, why on earth would the USA's regulatory agencies allow such a nightmare to perpetuate? In the early 1900's, when important vitamins (like B12) were discovered and natural remedies became popular, medicine was basically unprofitable.

Fluoridation was a planned experiment of mass medication to induce diseases that would later be "treated" with expensive healthcare, and that is why government paid healthcare in America is nothing but a pipe dream.

Learn more: History of Medicine Fact #8: U.S. water fluoridation began in 1945 and continues today, despite the fact that the FDA has never approved it
    IMO, this entire subject of water fluoridation is an OUTRAGE !
    Make the population sickly to boost drug company profits ? Is this really it ?

Grizz

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi chronyx,

Here is the hard copy read about D3.

Enjoy!

Vitamin D Hormone

Dar7726 originally posted the videos on D3 on curezone 3 months ago.

t2t
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Chronyx, WOW! That was a 1 hour in depth video seminar to a room full of doctors. I'll try to cover the most important parts.

* A Pandoras Box of Health problems are caused by inadequate sleep, that is sleep without the REM sleep cycle. This is the time when our body is literally paralyzed and when whole body healing takes place. Whole body healing includes, joints. muscles, brain, thyroid much more. Without REM Sleep, our body does not heal, and we suffer from headaches, joint pain, thyroid problems, brain diseases, and more.
    * The key is to get enough D3 to get your blood into the 70 to 80ng/ml. For most people this takes 5,000 to 10,000 IU Daily for 3 months before taking the test.
    * Big surprise, People who are Vitamin D3 insufficient cannot get into REM Sleep, and this is why vitamin D3 Deficiency leads to so many heath problems. Google Vitamin D3 Sleep for more
    * D3 is actually a required vital hormone not a vitamin. Normally supplied by the sun
    * D3 converts cholesterol into the required 25(oh)D blood serum
    * People who are taking statins to reduce cholesterol should be taking D3 to reduce cholesterol

* DO NOT take Vitamin D2 - EVER . It is worthless.

Also google D3 Deficiency Health Problems for the health problems actually contributed to by a lack of REM sleep.

Grizz
    Thanks guys

Grizz is offline Banned
    NO FLU VACCINES FOR ME ! !
    =====================

Especially after watching this new video update on the misery caused by the last Flu Vaccination program !

IMO, if we are sufficient in Vitamin D3 (blood test between 60 & 80) and if we are sufficient in iodine, then our immune systems can handle any flu that comes along. I've had the flu before, no big deal! I would rather suffer the flu than the chemicals in the flu vaccine.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-27-2012 at 12:48 PM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney56 View Post
    Amazon, of course, has Brazil nuts for about $10 a pound. Some natural food stores have them separately in bulk.

Mole update: Mole on the hip: yesterday I peeled a third layer. From the looks of it, I probably have three more layers at least. I'd like to give it a rest for a couple days because I think I'm really killing the skin there, even if I target the iodine only onto the mole. I don't think it's dermatitis, or that grapseed oil will help. I'm just a little leery that this may have been a deep mole, and what if I'm just gouging a hole in my skin?

But if I can get this work, you better bet I'm going to try it on other moles. But I might wait until winter when I wear more clothing and cover the band-aids and irritation. Iodine may get rid of moles but it's a pretty nasty-looking process.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.