Page 305 of 415 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 305

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    As Lynne says, migraines are hormonal. Colleen Coble, a member of MDA although she isn't on this thread, has cured her migraines with Dr. Dzugan's protocol: Migraine | Colleen Coble
    She's very open to questions about it and has helped lots of people with this. Have your wife contact her through her website if she wants to.
    Owl,

Thanks, I will check it out. If they are hormonal, wouldn't it stand to reason, that if iodine helps to regulate hormones, that it will help with the migraine?

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Owl,

Thanks, I will check it out. If they are hormonal, wouldn't it stand to reason, that if iodine helps to regulate hormones, that it will help with the migraine?

LJ
    It may, but I wouldn't bet on it curing them completely. Even people with optimal iodine levels can have low hormones, or an imbalance. I'm postmenopausal and have been on bioidentical estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and DHEA for over a year, and iodine has not improved my levels. I've had to raise them since starting iodine, in fact. Not that iodine caused that, but I am just normally making less hormones as time goes on, a natural process.

LynneF is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    It may, but I wouldn't bet on it curing them completely. Even people with optimal iodine levels can have low hormones, or an imbalance. I'm postmenopausal and have been on bioidentical estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and DHEA for over a year, and iodine has not improved my levels. I've had to raise them since starting iodine, in fact. Not that iodine caused that, but I am just normally making less hormones as time goes on, a natural process.
    Owl,

Iodine tends to lower estrogen and raise progesterone--but not in everyone. Some claim iodine feels more like progesterone so they raise estradiol or lower progesterone. Progesterone and iodine are very synergystic. In rodents, iodine and progesterone together worked profoundly to get rid of tumors. Each one alone had a beneficial effect but not as much as the combination (Funahashi).

Women with breast cysts have reported fast, dramatic effects by combining small amounts of Lugol's and progesterone topically along with 50 mg oral iodine.

I've heard others report that after a year they are taking a fraction of the bioidentical hormones they did pre-iodine. My only concern about this is that women feel better but are their bones and heart getting the protection at lower doses? My guess would be yes but this has yet to be proved.
    Last edited by LynneF; 06-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Re: Iodine/Bromide/Fluoride Loading Test
    ===============================

For the most accurate test results, stop taking any supplement containing Iodine 48 hours prior to beginning the test.

Abbey
    Hakala Research
    Hakala Research - Home

Note: It is a waste of money to do the urine loading test without also doing the Bromide + Fluoride Test.
    Grizz

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    I'v used both lugol's and iodine tinkture on one of my moles and - yes, it burns the skin so its vital to be as accurate as possible, but it also seem to remove the mole. (It gets sore and then becomes a scab that falls off eventually.)
    Thank you for answernig. I would LOVE to get rid of a couple of them. Could you give some more detail? For example, how long does this usually take?

The band-aid size is 8 mm by 10 mm. The iodine soaks the band-aid, so all that skin is brown and then peels. When it peels off, the mole is smoother and cleaner, but still there.

Is there a way to hold one drop of Lugol's on the mole, and only on the mole? I guess I could invent a special band-aid just for this... hmm that gives me ideas...
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    (Death By Medicine) MD Treatments Are Now THE NUMBER ONE KILLER of People in the USA
    Posted by Greg on June 21, 2012 at 1:33pm in Exposing The Big Pharma/Medical Cartel

By Gary Null, PhD; Carolyn Dean MD, ND; Martin Feldman, MD; Debora Rasio, MD; and Dorothy Smith, PhD
    Something is wrong when regulatory agencies pretend that vitamins are dangerous, yet ignore published statistics
    showing that government-sanctioned medicine is the real hazard.
    Until now, Life Extension could cite only isolated statistics to make its case about the dangers of conventional medicine.
    No one had ever analyzed and combined ALL of the published literature dealing with injuries and deaths caused by
    government-protected medicine. That has now changed.
    A group of researchers meticulously reviewed the statistical evidence and their findings are absolutely shocking.4 These
    researchers have authored a paper titled “Death by Medicine” that presents compelling evidence that today’s system
    frequently causes more harm than good.
    This fully referenced report shows the number of people having in-hospital, adverse reactions to prescribed drugs to be
    2.2 million per year. The number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed annually for viral infections is 20 million per year.
    The number of unnecessary medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million per year. The number of
    people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million per year.
    The most stunning statistic, however, is that the total number of deaths caused by conventional medicine is an
    astounding 783,936 per year. It is now evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and
    injury in the US. (By contrast, the number of deaths attributable to heart disease in 2001 was 699,697, while the number
    of deaths attributable to cancer was 553,251.5) The rest of this report:
    http://l.b5z.net/i/u/14000029/f/deathbymedicine.pdf
    Grizz

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Thank you for answernig. I would LOVE to get rid of a couple of them. Could you give some more detail? For example, how long does this usually take?

The band-aid size is 8 mm by 10 mm. The iodine soaks the band-aid, so all that skin is brown and then peels. When it peels off, the mole is smoother and cleaner, but still there.

Is there a way to hold one drop of Lugol's on the mole, and only on the mole? I guess I could invent a special band-aid just for this... hmm that gives me ideas...
    I've only done one - and it was a flat mole, not a raised one. It's nearly completely off now. I've not counted days, but I believe I used a month. In the beginning I used only lugols, but I started with alternating lugol's and iodine tinkture after about 2 weeks?
    I just put a tiny drop on top of the mole and let it dry - about 3-4 times a day. The scab comes off in bits, not all at once.

I'm starting on a raised one now, but it seems like both the lugol's and the tinkture just "slides off" the mole.

Here in Norway we have this band aid for corns - maybe it's possible to use that in combination with lugols&carrier oil, which wouldn't draw out in stains that much?
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    My patch of iodine which I painted on yesterday at 10.00 am is still clearly visible today at 12.45 pm - almost 26 hours later. That is on two drops of Lugol's 3% three times a week. I'm also taking two brazil nuts daily, vitamin K2 and D3, and eating liver and fish frequently. I take it there is absolutely no need to consider having more Lugol's?

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    My patch of iodine which I painted on yesterday at 10.00 am is still clearly visible today at 12.45 pm - almost 26 hours later. That is on two drops of Lugol's 3% three times a week. I'm also taking two brazil nuts daily, vitamin K2 and D3, and eating liver and fish frequently. I take it there is absolutely no need to consider having more Lugol's?
    Have you done any independent research on the accuracy of the "patch" test?

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Have you done any independent research on the accuracy of the "patch" test?
    I have not. Only what I have read on here. Which is valid in that it is what other people here seem to be using!