Page 304 of 415 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 304

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Not much luck with the moles so far. I've tried mom5booklover's band-aid method and succeeded only in burning my skin. Too much iodine at once, I think. I do better with simply dropping it on.

It's fun to read about iodine curing sexual disorders, but I have depression and I don't think iodine helps with that.
    I'v used both lugol's and iodine tinkture on one of my moles and - yes, it burns the skin so its vital to be as accurate as possible, but it also seem to remove the mole. (It gets sore and then becomes a scab that falls off eventually.)
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    After reading your last reply to Paleobird, I suddenly have an overwhelming desire to paint my hubby's testicles! You truly are an inspiration, Grizz!!! As for me, I am still at 100 mg's of Iodoral. I think I will start to slowly back down to 50 mg's and stay there for maintenance. I also feel a sense of well-being since starting the Iodoral. I don't have medical insurance so I am extra careful to take good care of myself. I can't afford to get cancer or have a hysterectomy but I can afford to invest in myself by using supplements including Iodoral or Lugols. After reading how many different health issues are caused by iodine deficiency, this is a no-brainer for me to supplement with it. CW doctors are so clueless about health. Why would they even bother learning about Iodine and then bother to tell me about it if it meant they'd lose a $25,000 operation or $200,000 cancer treatment Iodine would prevent? You're right, Grizz...follow the money. And for any newcomers here, I was already trying an iodine saturation protocol before finding this thread. My hubby did some research about 6 or 7 years ago and recommended I try it for my thyroid issues. But I didn't get good results until I found this thread and changed how I was doing it. And I have the Brownstein Iodine book now too.
    @@ Princess
    @@ Paleobird

Painting to get iodine into needed tissues has been used as a medical practice for over a hundred years, look at this clip from Dr. Kruse:
    One clinical finding I always ask about is the presence of fibrocystic breast disease. When it is present I immediately think the woman is likely suffering from an undiagnosed iodine deficiency. I distinctly remember in medical school seeing a woman’s fibrocystic disease cured in less than an hour by an ancient physician who taught us how to examine a women’s breasts. She had volunteered to be a guinea pig for us during our medical education, and on this day we could not examine her without making her scream and cry because her breasts were so tender to palpation. Our MD proctor was about 80 years old and he too was a volunteer helping us learn our craft. He stopped me from examining her breasts and asked her a few questions and then he asked us to leave the room. He applied Lugol’s solution to her vulva and her nipples and we were able to examine her without any pain a half hour later. It made a huge impression on me. He asked her if she was on any thyroid meds and if she had bad energy or weight gain. A lack of iodine was the source of her painful breasts. Her labs did not reveal any major issues when we saw her. I never forgot this lesson on the thyroid.
    WHAT ARE THE TOP TEN PALEO SUPPLEMENTS? - Jack Kruse
    As proven at the Curzone, painting is equally effective to get iodine into the prostate. If it is good enough for Dr. Jack Kruse, at his medical school, it is good enough us. Caution: Iodine painted directly to the skin needs an oil carrier to prevent dermatitus.

This made an equally big impression on me. What is so amazing to me is how RAPID the response to painting with iodine was.

PS) I think you and I are among the 1st in this group to get to 100mg of iodoral. I think I have some big news to report as a result health improvements at this level. I'll wait for a month to be certain these improvements are not a flash in the pan. I've had no more detox symptoms since going to 100mg, so I think I will drop back to a dosage of 12.5 mg maintenance level in around October. We use well water, on a strict Paleo diet, and we try to eliminate Halide chemicals whenever possible.

Also I've decided to go for the Hakala Iodine/Bromide/Fluoride testing to be certain I am free of toxins and that I register 90% or better in iodine sufficiency come October.
    http://www.hakalalabs.com/testing.html

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-21-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    John,

I've just run across this report on "Iodine Allergies" by Dr. Dach. Your wife may want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Dach
    No Allergy to Elemental Iodine -It's an Essential Nutrient

Elemental Iodine is present in iodized salt and in other foods. Iodine is an essential nutrient, which means we need it to live. We have a long list of essential nutrients such as water, oxygen, iron, vitamin C etc., which are all examples of things that we need to live. If we don't get them, we get sick and/or die. Iodine is one of those things. As a result, there can be no such thing as allergy to elemental iodine. Such a person could not take in Iodine, would get sick and die. For example, if a developing embryo is iodine deficient, it exhibits growth and mental retardation, a condition known as cretinism. When a population is severly iodine deficient, then there is increased incidence of goiter (thyroid enlargement), cretinism, mental retardation, decreased fertility rate, increased perinatal death, and infant mortality.(11)

Adverse Effects From Elemental Iodine

While there can be no "allergy" to Elemental Iodine, we observe various adverse reactions from elemental iodine in iodine deficient people starting high doses. This has been well described, and can be easily avoided by starting with small doses of iodine and gradually increasing dosage over time. Probably the most common report is a "metallic taste" in the mouth, which is harmless and merely means you are taking the "right stuff". Another posible set of adverse reactions relates to the fact that the severely iodine deficient person may be Bromine toxic, and undergoes rapid Bromine excretion when starting the Iodine tablets. Bromine is irritating and the excretion can cause skin itching or rash, nausea and other symptoms. This is usually transitory and is gone in a few days.

Elemental Iodine and the Thyroid Gland

Another set of warnings appeared on television about possible adverse effects of Iodine for people who are either low thyroid or high thyroid. This will be discussed below in an article I wrote which was published in the "Townsend Letter for Doctors" .
    (9)(10)

Iodine is Safe and Effective by Jeffrey Dach MD (10)

Townsend Letter, Feb-March, 2011

Contrary to the editorial by Alan Gaby in the December 2010 issue Townsend Letter on iodine supplementation, I have been using iodine in clinical practice and find it both safe and beneficial. We have used iodine supplementation routinely in our practice for the past five years primarily as a safe and effective agent for prevention of breast cancer. And, in fact we have had virtually no breast cancer in our patient population on bioidentical hormones using iodine supplementation.
    Jeffrey Dach MD Bio-Identical Hormone Blog: Iodine is Safe and Effective by Jeffrey Dach MD
    Grizz

LynneF is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

I am anti self-diagnosis and self-experimentation with a potentially hazardous substance based on vague internet "wisdom"...

Too little iodine is bad for your health but so is too much. Why do you have a problem with that? It's medical fact.
    1) There are thousands of patients taking 50 mg iodine and hundreds of doctors who prescribe high doses of iodine. This is not "vague internet wisdom." If you are late coming to iodine information and you have done a superficial Google, you may have come across the old thinking which has been disproved since 2005. You need to invest at least 200 hours more research to review the information to be qualifyed to make pronouncements.

2) Naysayers presented exactly your criticism against the Curezone iodine community five years ago. Now the curezoners are thriving and the naysayers are taking iodine.

I began researching iodine as an independent scholar seven years ago with scepticism. My scepticism not only reversed but has generated 10,000 hours of scholarly investigation supporting the public health disaster that is iodine deficiency.

3) You seem to have made up your mind. Fine. But please don't invoke the myth of "facts." In the scientific community we use the more accurate term, "current information" since "facts" seem to change from year to year.

4) You may not be aware that there is a large patient-to-matient community that is addressing their complaints because conventional medicine has failed them. A doctor in clinical practice cannot possible share the quantity of information a large group does, thus the self-diagnosis from shared experience has rescued many hopeless cases. I have compliled the success stories to prove this. Nobody should have the monopoly on diagnosis since medical diagnosis is often wrong and doesn't have the big picture.

Please don't insult the participants here. They come in good faith and with strong minds. If they are excited it is proportionate to the benefits they have experienced. Please respect the members here who are only trying to share their experiences and good fortune with iodine.
    Last edited by LynneF; 06-21-2012 at 06:20 AM.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    John,

I've just run across this report on "Iodine Allergies" by Dr. Dach. Your wife may want to see it.

Grizz
    Grizz,

Thanks. I will print it out and show it to her. I will also suggest a skin patch test to discover any irratibility and deficiency. Last night she was delayed 2 hours in coming home because she was hung up with a migraine. So I think she is very deficient.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Grizz,

Thanks. I will print it out and show it to her. I will also suggest a skin patch test to discover any irratibility and deficiency. Last night she was delayed 2 hours in coming home because she was hung up with a migraine. So I think she is very deficient.

LJ
    John,
    Indeed, migraine is one the the very symptoms of severe iodine deficiency. She may even have other symptoms,
    Here is the list with references:
    * Migraine headaches (5,6) * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6) * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6) * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6) * Breast pain (fibrocystic tissue) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6) * Lung Cancers (13)
    * Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8) * testicular cancer (7,8)
    * Thyroid Cancers * Erectile Dysfunction
    (5) Iodine Deficiency and Estrogen Dominant Diseases - Jorge D. Flechas, MD - YouTube
    (6) Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
    (7) Cancer and Iodine - The Iodine Project
    (8) Iodine Deficiency - An Under-Recognized Epidemic
    (9) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (10) Iodine and Hair Loss: Is There A Connection? | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog
    (11) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (12) Iodine deficiency symptoms and benefits | Foods containing Iodine | Overdose Symptoms
    (13) Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Asthma and Thyroid Hormones

Grizz

LynneF is offline Member
    LJ, I was trying to follow your posts since I've missed several pages.

I think I just figured out to keep up with members. Do you just click on their names?

Good luck with all your doing. Your wife might have some hormone receptor issues that iodine can help. Should take about three months from the reports we have.

Keep checking in!

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post
    LJ, I was trying to follow your posts since I've missed several pages.

I think I just figured out to keep up with members. Do you just click on their names?

Good luck with all your doing. Your wife might have some hormone receptor issues that iodine can help. Should take about three months from the reports we have.

Keep checking in!
    LynneF,

Yes just clicking on their names and you can call up their posts. And I report on here often.

Thanks

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Last night she was delayed 2 hours in coming home because she was hung up with a migraine. So I think she is very deficient.
    As Lynne says, migraines are hormonal. Colleen Coble, a member of MDA although she isn't on this thread, has cured her migraines with Dr. Dzugan's protocol: Migraine | Colleen Coble
    She's very open to questions about it and has helped lots of people with this. Have your wife contact her through her website if she wants to.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    @@ Princess
    @@ Paleobird

Painting to get iodine into needed tissues has been used as a medical practice for over a hundred years, look at this clip from Dr. Kruse:

As proven at the Curzone, painting is equally effective to get iodine into the prostate. If it is good enough for Dr. Jack Kruse, at his medical school, it is good enough us. Caution: Iodine painted directly to the skin needs an oil carrier to prevent dermatitus.

This made an equally big impression on me. What is so amazing to me is how RAPID the response to painting with iodine was.

PS) I think you and I are among the 1st in this group to get to 100mg of iodoral. I think I have some big news to report as a result health improvements at this level. I'll wait for a month to be certain these improvements are not a flash in the pan. I've had no more detox symptoms since going to 100mg, so I think I will drop back to a dosage of 12.5 mg maintenance level in around October. We use well water, on a strict Paleo diet, and we try to eliminate Halide chemicals whenever possible.

Also I've decided to go for the Hakala Iodine/Bromide/Fluoride testing to be certain I am free of toxins and that I register 90% or better in iodine sufficiency come October.
    Hakala Research - Home

Grizz
    Thanks for the link to Bromide Testing and Symptoms! I have many of the listed Bromide symptoms. Interestingly, I was also addicted to Diet Mountain Dew for many years and now I realize that Mt Dew contains bromides!! This explains a lot!!