Page 301 of 415 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 301

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by allen001 View Post
    Grizz

Thanks for the whole information. I feel iodine plays a huge role in sexual health and performance. Iodine help me to better sexual experience and longer improved sexual experience.
    I have some really exciting news to report when I'm certain it is not a "Flash in the Pan." I will report by the end of July. Iodine with required supplements have done wonders for my Prostate, and have done MIRACLES for others. See Testimonial here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-20-2012 at 06:05 AM.

MistyLuna is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Misty,

Can you help me out with woman who is badmouthing iodine at every opportunity? She won't listen to me, but maybe she will listen to you:

A lot of people are watching this discussion and your words can mean a lot,

Paleobird says that your experience means NOTHING because it is anecdotal and not scientifically proven. Help.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post873407

Thanks,
    Grizz

Dear Grizz,

Yes I have heard the anecdotal argument many times! I tell people to read the book: "Iodine, why you need it, why you can't live without it." by Dr. Brownstein.

Then I explain to them how much iodine we used to consume here in the USA prior to iodine being replaced by bromide in our bread products!

Look Paleobird--give Iodine a try! You can start at a very low dosage and work your way up. Surely if you spend anytime at all doing your own research on Iodine, you'll see that it is at least harmless. If you suffer from FBD, try it for a month, slowly raising your daily dosage. By the end of 30 days, you may be joining us with your own success story.

Yes, I was skeptical in the beginning. But, the results have been nothing short of amazing for both me and my husband.

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I clicked on the above link o look into hyperthyroidism and iodine, but it only takes me to another website that explains what hyperthyroidism is...

Should someone who may have hyperthyroidism avoid iodine?
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    John,
    Thank you, I won the debate with Paloebird.
    FACT: Nobody wins when we debate on the internet.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulWarrior View Post
    I clicked on the above link o look into hyperthyroidism and iodine, but it only takes me to another website that explains what hyperthyroidism is...
    Should someone who may have hyperthyroidism avoid iodine?
    PeacefulWarrior,
    I suggest reading pages 8 through 10 in "The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine"
    Download this document here
    This E-Book is written by Dr. Buist at the Yahoo Iodine Group

Also read the documents in Iodine References, click on chapter, "Hashimotos & Hyperthyroid important articles."

I also suggest reading the book by Dr. Brownstein, "Iodine Why you need it, why you can't live without it."

Hope this helps,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-20-2012 at 07:22 AM.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Grizz, you are pathetic. Healthy food =/=supplementation. But if it makes you feel special to crow in front of your disciples, whatever.
    LOL ljbprrfmof = Grizz'disciple. Ha this far from the truth. I am more polite by sending my admonishments and criticisms by PM.

Though I do agree with much of what Grizz promotes, but through n-1 experience and my empirical knowledge.
    Last edited by ljbprrfmof; 06-20-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Grizz.
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

Grizz is offline Banned
    New Article by Dr. Brownstein
    =====================
    Iodine Deficiency Still Occurring At Epidemic Rates

At my office, my partners and I have found that Iodine deficiency is occurring at epidemic rates. We have tested over 6,000 patients and found the vast majority significantly low in iodine. Iodine is an essential nutrient; we cannot live without it. Iodine concentrates in the glandular tissue. It helps to ensure that the glandular tissue is healthy and maintains a normal architecture. A deficiency in iodine sets the stage for problems with the glandular tissue.

Which tissues comprise the glandular tissue? The breast, ovaries, uterus, prostate, and thyroid gland all are part of the glandular tissue. A deficiency in iodine can cause a disrupted architecture of the glandular tissue. This can ultimately lead to problems such as cysts, nodules, dysplasia and cancer of these tissues. Unfortunately, we are in the midst of an epidemic rise in cancer of the breasts, ovaries, uterus, thyroid and prostate. I believe iodine deficiency is (in part) responsible for this epidemic rise in cancer and other diseases of these tissues.

However, it is not just cancer that is a consequence of iodine deficiency. If a pregnant woman is deficient in iodine, the fetus will also suffer complications. An article in Nutrients (2011;3:265-273) describes the fetal consequences of iodine deficiency. During the first trimester, the fetus is dependent on the thyroid hormone produced by the mother. If the mother is deficient in thyroid hormone, the fetus’ thyroid will not develop normally and the fetus may be subjected to neurological problems.

According to the article, in order for a pregnant woman to produce enough thyroid hormone to meet both her own and the baby’s requirements, a 50% increase in iodine intake is recommended. Adequate iodine levels are needed to produce thyroid hormone. Iodine deficiency in the mother results in damage to the fetal brain which is aggravated by fetal hypothyroidism.

I have been writing and lecturing about thyroid problems and iodine deficiency for nearly 20 years. Unfortunately, over this time period, iodine deficiency is still occurring at epidemic rates. I have no doubt that if we do not correct this decline, the increasing burden of illness will lower our standard of living.

Iodine deficiency should be a national health concern addressed by the highest levels of the government. Since it takes 100 years (my estimate) for the government to react, I say that you should not wait; take matters into your own hands. Educate yourself about iodine and have your levels checked. If you are low in iodine, I suggest supplementing with iodine. More importantly, it is vitally important for women of child-bearing age to have their iodine levels assessed before they become pregnant.

More information about iodine and how to be tested for it can be found in my book, Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It
    Dr. David Brownstein - Holistic Family Medicine

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulWarrior View Post
    Thank you Grizz.
    Can you tell us more about your hyperthyroid problem? Are you on any medications? Have you seen a doctor yet? What has he said?

We don't have any doctors on site, but we do have some very sharp and experienced people who may be able to offer some wisdom. Our first line for qualified medical help is Dr. Buist and her team at the Yahoo Iodine Group. They have over 6,000 members. I suggest that you sign up with her group just in case you need qualified & experienced medical assistance. Say NO to emails or you will be inundated in messages.

If you don't have a doctor yet, here is a nice file to help you find a GOOD doctor.
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com...nd-a-good-doc/

Also please keep us informed of your progress, we are all learning.
    Grizz

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Ooh, I just heard on the news about a resistant strain of tuberculosis in India. They are concerned with a global outbreak. Then I wondered if iodine is indeed anti-bacterial and anti-viral, and if I am protected. I would hate to get TB if isn't Tobacco and Booze.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John