Page 298 of 415 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 298

Grizz is offline Banned
    DO NOT STORE YOUR CELLPHONE HERE !

Edit: Then there is THIS

This is Horrible !
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-18-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Very scary. Thanks for sharing that.

Gwynn

dynamik is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Dynamik,

Here is a listing of toxic halogen products to avoid:

Products with Fluoride
    Products with Bromide
    More on Bromide
    Products with Chlorine

Grizz
    Thanks, I pretty much avoid all of those. I just ordered all my supplements and I'll be ready to start this Friday or Saturday

I'll keep a log here and I'll let you know how I do.

If anyone wants to address some of the problems I have:
    - Unable to tolerate fruit, not sure if a little fruit would be fine since one avocado seems to do me no harm, but an apple or a pear wreck havoc on me(I believe they both contain sorbitol, or something of the sort which may cause my problem). I remember having a banana or an orange and not having any ill effects, but I don't feel like doing any experimenting at the moment.

- White tongue. Some say this is candida but I don't seem to have any other candida symptoms :/

- Back to the not being able to tolerate fruit, I have switched from sweet potatoes and rice(high amounts of fructose and fructans) to just white potatoes with lunch and my skin seems to have gotten better. I'm not sure if I'm eating less carbs possibly affecting candida(if I have it) and improving my skin.

- Possibly more tired than I should be and weird digestion. Not sure how to explain it, it's not really noticeable since I no longer get sick anymore.

I don't know what could be causing my acne besides possible iodine deficiency, so my theories may just be worthless, it's just things I consider when I seem to break out after being clean with my diet. (I don't cheat with any sugar, gluten, or legumes at all)

I'm out of the United States at the moment and won't be back for a while so I can't get some sort of test done to see if I might be deficient in other things till I'm back. If there is one you recommend, let me know.

Excuse any nonsense, I should be asleep by now

LynneF is offline Member
    Watch this new 1/2 hour video by Dr. Brownstein. It's a promo for a news letter but very rich in information.
    Iodine: Why You Need It

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post

I don't know what could be causing my acne besides possible iodine deficiency, so my theories may just be worthless, it's just things I consider when I seem to break out after being clean with my diet. (I don't cheat with any sugar, gluten, or legumes at all)
    Acne is primarily caused by an excess of hormones, namely androgens. That's why it's common at puberty. Eating well may help correct an imbalance, but it's not going to be quick. Reducing general inflammation should also help.

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Acne is primarily caused by an excess of hormones, namely androgens. That's why it's common at puberty. Eating well may help correct an imbalance, but it's not going to be quick. Reducing general inflammation should also help.
    Dairy may also promote acne.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    White tongue could be geographical tongue, that's what I have, google it
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    White tongue could be geographical tongue, that's what I have, google it
    Some forms of geographical or fissured tongue responds nicely to some b-vitamins + zinc. (Mine did!)
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    Thanks, I pretty much avoid all of those. I just ordered all my supplements and I'll be ready to start this Friday or Saturday

I'll keep a log here and I'll let you know how I do.

If anyone wants to address some of the problems I have:
    - Unable to tolerate fruit, not sure if a little fruit would be fine since one avocado seems to do me no harm, but an apple or a pear wreck havoc on me(I believe they both contain sorbitol, or something of the sort which may cause my problem). I remember having a banana or an orange and not having any ill effects, but I don't feel like doing any experimenting at the moment.

- White tongue. Some say this is candida but I don't seem to have any other candida symptoms :/

- Back to the not being able to tolerate fruit, I have switched from sweet potatoes and rice(high amounts of fructose and fructans) to just white potatoes with lunch and my skin seems to have gotten better. I'm not sure if I'm eating less carbs possibly affecting candida(if I have it) and improving my skin.

- Possibly more tired than I should be and weird digestion. Not sure how to explain it, it's not really noticeable since I no longer get sick anymore.

I'm out of the United States at the moment and won't be back for a while so I can't get some sort of test done to see if I might be deficient in other things till I'm back. If there is one you recommend, let me know.

Excuse any nonsense, I should be asleep by now
    Dynamic,
    When I first started taking iodine supplements, I never expected to see the dramatic improvements in my health that I saw. My first big change was a dramatic improvement in sleep and dreaming. Then came improvements in my prostate problems. And then the "Brain Fog" lifted. I don't recognize most of your symptoms, so I can't really say. I suspect your acne is caused by halogen toxins, and I know that iodine will detox your body, so best of luck to you. We are all cheering for your success,

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post
    Watch this new 1/2 hour video by Dr. Brownstein. It's a promo for a news letter but very rich in information.
    Iodine: Why You Need It
    Lynne,

Thank you so much for this excellent video !

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-19-2012 at 08:05 AM.