Page 297 of 415 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 297

PrimalMember is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    What is the problem you have ordering on-line?

Grizz
    Delivery location. Regardless, I can't order online so I'm looking for a place to buy it retail. Can anybody help?

Thanks for the response grizz!!!

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Can you get it delivered to a friend?

Best place I can think of would be the local Pharmacy/Drug store, even if they dont have it, they might be able to order it for you?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

dynamik is offline Junior Member
    Dynamik,
    Your acne is indeed one of the results of severe iodine deficiency. Iodine deficiency means that every cell in your body attracts Halide Toxins like a sponge. Chlorine, Fluoride & Bromide will displace any iodine you have in the cells in your body.
    The Halogen Robbers

If you are iodine deficient, these toxic chemicals fill the cells in your body. Bromide, Chlorine & Fluoride cause a Pandoras Box of health problems and your Acne. So absolutely chlorine is a big part of your problem. Do you have Fluoride in your drinking water? Yes? Then Fluoroderma. See these links:
    Acne caused by Fluoride
    As far as your skin cells are concerned, fluoride & chlorine are identical, both are absorbed if you are deficient in iodine.

I suspect that you are severely loaded with halide toxins and you should be especially careful to avoid Detox symptoms when you start taking Lugols Iodine with the REQUIRED supplements. Please follow the instructions carefully at Iodine 101

We have had great success with these procedures with zero detox symptoms, which means in your case that acne should get better, not worse.

Please keep us informed,
    Grizz

I do filter my drinking water so it is fluoride free. My acne isn't quite like the pictures of fluoroderma and I stay away from fluoride as much as possible, most likely fluoride free for 2+ years now. I do believe swimming while I was iodine deficient made me absorb chlorine. I will be starting my iodine supplementing along with the other recommended supplements next monday and will surely let you know how I do!

One question however, should I get calcium ascorbate(ester-c vitamin c) instead of the ascorbic acid I have currently? Will one bottle of Lugol's 2% iodine on amazon last me about 2 months?

I will be taking Vitamin D3(non soybean oil) and zinc picolinate along with this to help with my acne as well. If anyone recommends any other acne supplements, surely let me know, I want to prevent more breakouts while detoxing.

As far as my diet goes, I have been Paleo(I think this is similar to PB) without dairy, legumes, and gluten for about 3 months now.

One other thing I almost forgot, is there any correlation between iodine deficiency and fructose malabsorption? It seems to me that eating fruit causes me to get bloated, crave more fruit endlessly(binging), and gassy/loose stools.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    check any local 'health food' stores, the ones here had other liquid iodines in stock but not lugols and they were happy to order it for me
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    I do filter my drinking water so it is fluoride free. My acne isn't quite like the pictures of fluoroderma and I stay away from fluoride as much as possible, most likely fluoride free for 2+ years now. I do believe swimming while I was iodine deficient made me absorb chlorine. I will be starting my iodine supplementing along with the other recommended supplements next monday and will surely let you know how I do!

One question however, should I get calcium ascorbate(ester-c vitamin c) instead of the ascorbic acid I have currently? Will one bottle of Lugol's 2% iodine on amazon last me about 2 months?

I will be taking Vitamin D3(non soybean oil) and zinc picolinate along with this to help with my acne as well. If anyone recommends any other acne supplements, surely let me know, I want to prevent more breakouts while detoxing.

As far as my diet goes, I have been Paleo(I think this is similar to PB) without dairy, legumes, and gluten for about 3 months now.

One other thing I almost forgot, is there any correlation between iodine deficiency and fructose malabsorption? It seems to me that eating fruit causes me to get bloated, crave more fruit endlessly(binging), and gassy/loose stools.
    I don't know much about the pros & cons of the different Vitamin C. I basically follow doctors orders. Dr. Buist at the Yahoo Iodine Group said she preferred Ester-C and so I can't go against her orders. She is the Doctor & I am the gopher. It has something to do with bio-availability of the different versions and ester-C is more bio-available. There are links on the net comparing all the forms of Vitamin C with each other, you might want to study.

1 bottle of Lugols should be enough to get you started long enough to titrate up slowly to the iodoral capsules.

Also the sources for Halide Chemicals is shocking. Bread & baked goods for bromide, that "New Car Smell" is halogens. Drugs & Vaccines, insectacides use on crop spraying, hair coloring, cosmetics,
    Here is a list of products with Fluoride

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-17-2012 at 02:51 PM.

I don't know much about the pros & cons of the different Vitamin C. I basically follow doctors orders. Dr. Buist at the Yahoo Iodine Group said she preferred Ester-C

Grizz
    I did some research on vit C & from what I found theres good indication that the standard Vit C (ascorbic acid) is pretty worthless as far as your body being able to use it.. basicly because its only a "part" of what actully makes up Vit C..
    Your body needs all the other bits to be able to properly utilize it.
    So Personally id stick with the Ester -C unless I find better info/product
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    I did some research on vit C & from what I found theres good indication that the standard Vit C (ascorbic acid) is pretty worthless as far as your body being able to use it.. basicly because its only a "part" of what actully makes up Vit C..
    Your body needs all the other bits to be able to properly utilize it.
    So Personally id stick with the Ester -C unless I find better info/product
    Dino,
    Thank you so much for that research. That must be why Dr. Buist chose Ester-C for her required supplements list. I do wish she would explain her decisions more, but alas, she is a very busy woman running her practice and the Yahoo Iodine Group, too. What she does makes me tired just looking at her !

How are you doing lately?
    Grizz

Dino,
    Thank you so much for that research. That must be why Dr. Buist chose Ester-C for her required supplements list.

How are you doing lately?
    Grizz
    The best soure really would be in whole form (ie from your food) but for the amount needed we would need to eat unreasonable amounts of vit C rich fruit etc to get it, dont know about you but downing oranges by the gallon isent really that apealing LOL
    Camu Camu powder would be very good but its cost prohibitive as youd still need to take a couple large spoonfuls a day.

Me? im doing alright. I see my accupuncturist every 2 weeks or so and He "thinks" the fibroid has gotten a bit smaller. wont know for sure until I get my next ultrasound in Sept though.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dynamik,

Here is a listing of toxic halogen products to avoid:

Products with Fluoride
    Products with Bromide
    More on Bromide
    Products with Chlorine

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-18-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    Iodine + selenium may be what you need to get out of this.

If not here are some areas that you may want to explore:
    You may be a poor converter or your problem may lie at the cellular level. I would advise optimizing ferritin, b12, magnesium, zinc and vitamin D + have a look at the b2/b3 vitamins suggested in this thread as they are helping at the cellular level. Do also get a liver enzyme test as the liver is doing quite a lot of the conversion. Magnesium is poorly measured in blood. Physical symptoms are a better way of determining the need. For measuring zinc, the taste-test (zinc tally) is considered accurate.

Stop eating gluten (if you have not already). The anti-nutrients make minerals leak out of our bodies. (Iron, selenium, zinc and others)

About 20% of t3 is converted from t4 by beneficial GI bacteria. So if you have issues you may greatly benefit from working on that area. You would probably benefit from those steps no matter which medicine you use, but since you don't have to convert all by yourself on desiccated many feel better on that. (I, among others.)
    I have been on iodine + selenium (I don't take the selenium every day since I eat alot of egg yolks) for several months now and I've noticed improvements in my health, but that won't help my thyroid as it has been surgically removed.

Thanks for the info on improving my conversion. I have been supplementing with D3 and Magnesium, I will definitely look into the other nutrients you mentioned. I have been almost completely gluten-free since last September, so I don't think that's the issue.