Page 296 of 415 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 296

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel

Why Thyroid Lab Tests Are Not Accurate - Dr. Hotze's
    * Forget about TSH - a worthless test for hypothyroidism
    - - - TSH only measures the Pituatary output, not thyroid output.
    * Same blood will test differently from different labs
    * Thyroid symptoms should be treated, not the blood test results

This video helps to clear up the Thyroid Madness a little. IMO, we need more videos like this.
    Aha ! Ye seek & Ye shall find. Dr. Hotze has a large number of videos of great interest to us. If y'all find any more exceptional videos by Dr. Holtze, please post them here.

Edit:
    Dr. Holtze said in one his videos that if you suffer fibromyalgia, 95% of the time it is caused by Hypothyroid. Treat the Hypothyroid & Fibromyalgia goes away. He won't discuss iodine and of course prescribes Natural Thyroid Hormone. Nevertheless what he said confirms our research that iodine helps treat fibromyalgia even if this is accomplished by helping treat the hypothyroid.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-16-2012 at 02:42 PM.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Grizz

The Amish living with no electricity sort of flies over our heads. This is a hard concept to grasp. This means no refrigeration, no vacume cleaners, no radio, tv, stereo, no plumbing, no running water, no flush toilets. We lived through 5 days without electricity in the aftermath of a hurricane in Florida. These 5 days were torture. No water from the well pump, no gasoline at local gas stations, nearly everything we do is based on electricity and yet the Amish embrace this life.

If and when that rumored BIG Solar Storm permanently wipes out the entire national power grid, and civilization as we know it crashes, the Amish would not know or care. Amish colonies around the USA would survive without missing a heartbeat. The rest of us?

Grizz
    My electricity was out for a half hour yesterday morning and I thought I was gonna die...lol! I got up to make some bacon & eggs and totally lost! And we have a generator somewhere in our garage but I have no idea how to hook it up.

PrimalMember is offline Junior Member
    Grizz and the rest,

Thanks for putting this information together! I'm reading through the thread and companion materials now but I'm only up to page 140 of 296 and I have a question that may or may not have been already answered.

What stores physical stores can you buy lugols and idoral from? Is it available at whole foods? Ordering online isn't convenient for me.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMember View Post
    Grizz and the rest,

Thanks for putting this information together! I'm reading through the thread and companion materials now but I'm only up to page 140 of 296 and I have a question that may or may not have been already answered.

What stores physical stores can you buy lugols and idoral from? Is it available at whole foods? Ordering online isn't convenient for me.
    As far as I know, it is only available on-line. I get everything I need from Amazon.Com. I get the free Super Saver Shipping on orders > $26. You might be able to find Lugols & iodoral at a health food store? The junk iodine that is available locally is so watered down as to be useless. One bottle I bought in Jan requires 3 drops to get a pitiful 150mcg, where Lugols is 3mg per drop. So the cost per mg for Lugols is far less expensive than the junk in local stores.

Has anyone had any luck buying Lugols or iodoral at a local store?

What is the problem you have ordering on-line? I do it all the time and have never had a problem. Amazon.Com is my FAVORITE on-line supplier.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-17-2012 at 07:06 AM.

hebsie is offline Senior Member

Has anyone had any luck buying Lugols or iodoral at a local store?
    ...for any of the Canadians out there, Lugol's is available over-the-counter at any pharmacy. Now most don't stock it, and many won't even know what it is, but if they search their drug wholesaler's database, it's definitely available. We have three choices here -- Medisca, PCCA, and Xenex.

I bought a 500ml bottle of the Xenex - 5% Lugol's (which is the most expensive) for just under $35...hebs
    Last edited by hebsie; 06-17-2012 at 08:09 AM.

dynamik is offline Junior Member
    Is it possible for iodine deficiency to be causing my acne? I've been Paleo for a while now and I still get acne, though very rarely will I ever get a cyst.

I'm concerned that starting this would make my acne worse causing scarring, though it might help me in the long run. If it makes a difference, my acne seems to have gotten much worse when I started swimming on a team, almost everyday. Could the chlorine have caused my problem?

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    Is it possible for iodine deficiency to be causing my acne? I've been Paleo for a while now and I still get acne, though very rarely will I ever get a cyst.

I'm concerned that starting this would make my acne worse causing scarring, though it might help me in the long run. If it makes a difference, my acne seems to have gotten much worse when I started swimming on a team, almost everyday. Could the chlorine have caused my problem?
    Since switching to PB & starting iodine my skin has been much better/clearer, but wether its the change in diet or the iodine I couldent say for sure
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Grizz is offline Banned
    Wombat over at the Curezone has done some very valuable research for us about the TRUTH of iodine being used in bread. While it is true that iodine was used in bread, the reasons are surprising. Here it is: The research on Iodine & Bromide in Bread:
    Re: potassium bromate in bread at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1952421)

3 Cheers to Wombat !

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post

Dynamik,
    Your acne is indeed one of the results of severe iodine deficiency. Iodine deficiency means that every cell in your body attracts Halide Toxins like a sponge. Chlorine, Fluoride & Bromide will displace any iodine you have in the cells in your body.
    The Halogen Robbers

If you are iodine deficient, these toxic chemicals fill the cells in your body. Bromide, Chlorine & Fluoride cause a Pandoras Box of health problems and your Acne. So absolutely chlorine is a big part of your problem. Do you have Fluoride in your drinking water? Yes? Then Fluoroderma. See these links:
    Acne caused by Fluoride
    As far as your skin cells are concerned, fluoride & chlorine are identical, both are absorbed if you are deficient in iodine.

I suspect that you are severely loaded with halide toxins and you should be especially careful to avoid Detox symptoms when you start taking Lugols Iodine with the REQUIRED supplements. Please follow the instructions carefully at Iodine 101

We have had great success with these procedures with zero detox symptoms, which means in your case that acne should get better, not worse.

Please keep us informed,
    Grizz

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    which means in your case that acne should get better, not worse.

Please keep us informed,
    Grizz
    Just keep in mind that often symptoms like acne can get worse before it gets better as your body starts flushing/pushing out the toxins. It may take some time before you see noticable improvment (so basicly dont freak out if it gets worse for a bit )
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/