Page 291 of 415 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 291

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks, ljbprrfmof, Grizz and DinoHunter!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Where I live (Sussex, UK) there is no added fluoride in the water.
    Fluoridation

I make all my food from scratch, organic where possible. I don't have new carpets etc, furniture is antique - I can't believe that I'm being inundated with Bromide, Fluoride etc. And it must be so for a lot of people on this and other similar forums?

I do still supplement with SOME lugol's - as I believe that present agricultural methods have led to massive mineral depletion in the soil. But it is not just iodine / iodide - most minerals are depleted.
    Crops are being sprayed with halogen chemicals used as insecticides, so unless you are growing ALL of your own food, you are at risk of ingesting some halogen toxins.

You are clearly in a MUCH better position than most of us and if you are not exposed to halide toxins like most of us are, then you certainly don't need high doses of iodine for maintenance. We learned a lot from this file:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post844257

There is MAGIC going on between our brain and our body temperature. We don't need to know how or why. We don't need to know T3, T4 etc. What counts is the end result: Our body temperature. T3 & T4 measurements are affected by halogens.

This file says that if your "Basal Body Temperature" is a constant 98.6 degrees, then your thyroid is in good health, and therefore we can make some basic assumptions:
    1) You are NOT hypothyroid, Not Hyperthyroid, and we don't need blood tests to tell us that.
    2) Your thyroid is getting enough iodine
    3) You do not need to add more iodine to your diet for your thyroid.
    If our basal body temp drops below 98.6, then we need more iodine to repair our thyroid before it gets permanently damaged.
    Our metabolism is determined by the thyroid, and iodine is required by the thyroid to do this.

Unfortunately, other organs in our body also require iodine. Female breasts, ovaries & uterus also require iodine. Prostate & Testes require iodine. After the thyroid, female breasts require more iodine than other organs. Do you have Fibrocystic Breasts? Then you need more iodine. If you have PCOS or Endo or cysts? then more iodine is the answer.

From what we know, a simple quiz should answer the question, Do we need more iodine?

1) Does your body basal temp get below 98.6?
    2) Do you have Fibrocystic Breasts, Pcos, Cysts or Endo?
    3) Do you have Prostate or testes problems?

If the answer is yes to any one of these questions, then more iodine is indicated.
    So breadsauce, your low iodine may be the right choice for you, as long as you can answer the quiz. I have begun a new habit of checking my temp before getting out of bed. So far, so good. A solid 98.6 degrees on every test.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-13-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Grizz, how long for the skin lesion? I've been trying the iodine on the toe moles and one flesh mole and no luck yet after three weeks. All it did was make my skin peel, especially with the apple cider vinegar.
    Oxide,
    You did not hear apple cider vinegar from me. I still don't know the answer for moles because I've never done one. My skin lesion took several months. The best answer to your question is at the CureZone Iodine Group:
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 259, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

Search on MOLES. They have a lot of experience with moles & iodine.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    I do agree to some extent. But what do you do when the "terrain" (the body's reactions) doesn't fit with the map? Do you STILL recommend "keep to the protocol" or to change the usage of "the protocol" according to the reactions? Would you recommend ME to keep on taking B2 even though I got increased liver enzymes and this can be caused by (to high) B2 supplementation?

(What is your definition of the protocol BTW - I've never read that Dr Brownstein recommend the ATP cofactors, but B2 and B3 supplementation under certain circumstances ... and especially for hashimoto's. Correct me if I'm wrong – I don't have the book in front of me, but I'm pretty sure about this… )

I stand behind you in using Dr. Brownsteins recommendations as a starting point, but not as a "one size fits all"-approach.
    1) I am not a doctor, so I don't know what to say about your increased liver enzymes. My best answer is to ask Dr. Buist over at the Yahoo Iodine Group.

2) The ATP Cofactors replaces the B2 & B3 but includes the correct ratio and the proper B3 to prevent excessive flush. You can read about all the pros and cons of the ATP Cofactors Capsule in Iodine References:

Just like everything else related to iodine, there is controversy about the ATP Cofactors (B2 & B3) and at the above link, I've explained both sides. The decision is yours. Brownstein says it helps to promote the Transport mechanism to get iodine into the cells & to get toxins out of the cells. Lynne Farrow, director of BreastCancerChoices Group helped us answer the questions we had on ATP Cofactors. She gave us the definitive answer from her attending the 2nd Iodine Conference and documented in the above link.

Here is what Lynne said,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    * "I attended the first and second Iodine Conferences. Breast Cancer Choices was initially skeptical of the value of the ATP Cofactors. But we've since found from our own use, plus patient reports that they do increase the effectiveness of the Iodine Protocol. The two specific B vitamins seem to open the cells to oxygen and nutrient absorption plus aid in toxic excretion from the cells. The ATP Formula includes a niacin, not a niacinamide. Inositol hexanicotinate is wrongly thought to be a niacinamide but it is closer to a true niacin which opens the blood vessels. The goal in iodine therapy is not just change the physiology (function) of the organs but to change the anatomy (structure) of the organs. Iodine-deficient adults have had a long time sustain damage to organ and cell structure. The anatomy of the breast and thyroid sustains improved changes over the course of iodine therapy. Those body parts need to be rebuilt by the "opening up" of fluids and recycling oxygen to the organs. Anti-oxidants will also help reverse some of this damage that is caused by oxidation. But the ATP CoFactors "opens the windows" and clears out debris and lets oxygen clean house. As a personal anecdote, when I tried the ATP CoFactors, I got a stiff neck so I had to break it in half until my body got used to the circulation surge. I'm sure someone could skip the ATP CoFactors but in our experience it delays healing."

* "I would advise iodine-taking patients to take the ATP CoFactor formula from Optimox otherwise you risk getting the dosage all wrong and may get the wrong kind of niacin. The ATP CoFactors are part of the Iodine Protocol. They are required for optimum results. You waste money if you take iodine without the supplement that makes it work more efficiently.

Lynne Farrow
    Director
    Breast Cancer Choices, Inc.
    A Nonprofit Organization
    P.O. Box 1567
    Amagansett, NY 11930
    Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-13-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kruse
    most of the moisturizers women use are estrogen creators and by definition......iodine depleters........when your Prog/E2 levels are off you iodine usually sucks.......and this results in high LDL and low free T3. Low T3 means a low 2 hydroxylase and 16 hydroxylase issue for estrogens.......this further makes your prog/E2 worse........
    The iodine Thread!!! - Page 6
    Maybe this explains why so many women suffer from Iodine Deficiency symptoms? This is simply outrageous. The moisturizes must therefore contain bromides, fluorides, or chlorine? Does anyone have some moisturizer to read the ingredients for us? Mrs Grizz never puts anything on her face, not even lipstick, so I have no labels to look at.

OK, I just found this in a TOP rated moisturizer
    Ingredients: Purified Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide (and) C13-14 Isoparaffin (and) Laureth-7, Dimethicone, Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE Bitartrate, Sodium PCA, Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Berry Extract, Organic Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Berry Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Magnesium Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Lecithin, L-Carnosine, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Grapeseed Extract, Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Essential oils of Orange, Lavender, Geranium, Rosewood, Frankincense,Rose, Ylang Ylang, Mandarin and Tangerine
    http://skincarerevie.ws/index.php?ke...FQiynQodjQxAMw
    Would I put this STUFF on my face? I don't think so.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-13-2012 at 09:55 AM.

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    This might be true IF we weren’t also being exposed to high levels of toxins now, that push out & replace the iodine in our body’s (Bromide, Fluoride etc)
    Something that wasn’t an issue hundreds or thousands of years ago. There also would have been higher amounts of iodine naturally available in the food supply back then.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Where I live (Sussex, UK) there is no added fluoride in the water.

Fluoridation

I make all my food from scratch, organic where possible. I don't have new carpets etc, furniture is antique - I can't believe that I'm being inundated with Bromide, Fluoride etc. And it must be so for a lot of people on this and other similar forums?

I do still supplement with SOME lugol's - as I believe that present agricultural methods have led to massive mineral depletion in the soil. But it is not just iodine / iodide - most minerals are depleted.
    Then you must be makeing your own toothpaste, drinking no teas, taking no perscriptions, eating only organic, even well water has some flouride in it naturally, no hair dyes as they have bromide, if you drive a car then you are exposed daily (especially when the car upholstry gets heated) the newer the car the worse the bromide, pet food has bromide (not that your eating it but being exposed to it). Most people on here do eat pretty well but we are still under constant assault from bromide, flouride, and yes even chloride all of which are halides and will replace iodine in our bodies. If you swim in a chlorinated pool count that as well. If you use detergents with bleach on your laundry, more assault from chloride. If you use fabric softeners that's a huge hit from bromide. All of these are competing with iodine and winning. So yes we need alot of iodine to compete with these elements that already have a head start in our bodies because of thier elemental weights. Your right that Grok didn't need alot of iodine like this but he didn't have any of these elements trying to take over like we do.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Does anyone have some moisturizer to read the ingredients for us?

Grizz
    Mine
    Ingredients. Emu Oil

Yup, thats it.. I never trust stuff I cant decipher the ingredient list without a ingredient dictionary.

Makes you wonder whats in everyday products like hand soap & shampoo eh? (oh and I get my soap from a woman that hand makes proper goats milk soap)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Grizz, how long for the skin lesion? I've been trying the iodine on the toe moles and one flesh mole and no luck yet after three weeks. All it did was make my skin peel, especially with the apple cider vinegar.
    Oxide,
    If your skin is peeling you might try diluting the ACV with water or only putting it on every other night. I didn't get this reaction with my daughters mole. I did however get a scab on top of it right before it fell off. She said it got really itchy and when I pulled the bandaid off the next morning it came off with the bandaid. I don't know about the brown moles you speak of as I haven't tried this prodicle on one of them yet. I might try it as I have a lot of them on myself. I will let you know if it works for my own moles. I don't know what form of iodine you are using. I used lugol's 2% and I also was giving my daughter 3 mg at the time orally. I have no idea if this helped or had any effect but just a thought.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In my travels today, I ran into this gemstone. Off topic but still very worthwhile.

The Iodine Project
    I've got a natural, cheap remedy to keep mosquitoes off! I tried it a few days ago thinking that it's anti-parasitic so maybe it'd work, I lathered some on and went outside and waited, many a mosquito both big and small flew around my legs and arms, one even landed then quickly flew off! So what is it? Coconut oil! It lasts for hours too, I put a light coating on around 1 or 2pm earlier when I came out and even now while my skin is "dry" the mosquitoes avoid me. WIN!
    May 23 at 3:43pm
    Home - The Iodine Project
    I will try this out soon, to see if this is BS or not.

@@Dino,
    I love it! Your moisturizer looks extremely safe to me ! I agree with you. If I can't pronounce the ingredients, I'm not going to take it.

@@mom5,
    Thank you for your post. Today I'm reviewing this web site to see if it is accurate. It looks very good so far.

PS)
    This website looks like it has almost everything we need in a single website reference. I'm impressed so far.
    Home - The Iodine Project

Grizz