Page 288 of 415 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 288

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Great summarizing article t2t! (I've often read that selenium acts as a powerfull antioxidant, but without seeing any cancer connection.)
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Thank you smgj!... for your info input as well...!

Since Armour decreased the amount of dextrose and increased cellulose, I have read that many people crush the tablets to reduce the effects of the cellulose... because the cellulose reduces the {absorption} for some?

A lady named Wombat posted this on Curezone almost 3 years ago.

This was published 20 years ago- seems like a really simple way to test for breast disease.

LACK of selenium in serum = breast disease.

Selenium in serum as a possible para... [Breast Cancer Res Treat. 1990] - PubMed - NCBI

"The level of selenium in blood serum was determined in 33 patients with Breast Cancer , 13 women with verified mastopathy, and 43 healthy subjects from the Zagreb area. In the second and third quartiles the values of selenium obtained from sick subjects (41-58 micrograms/L) and healthy subjects (73-89 micrograms/L) differed significantly (P less than 0.001). In the group of subjects with mastopathy, serum selenium in the same way ranged from 67-76 micrograms/L and did not differ significantly from the group of healthy women, but differed significantly from the patients with breast cancer (P less than 0.001). Such a result leads to the conclusion that determination of selenium in the blood could be used as a non-invasive diagnostic parameter in clinical assessment of malignant breast disease."

t2t:

Follow the MONEY and you'll always have your answer as to why the establishment doesn't make it easy for the common people to be healthy and only wish them ill...

P.S.
    One thing that all Cancer patients, in a Cancer ward regardless of what type Cancer they have, will give off an ammonia smell, and they all have low body temperatures. ( As long as they don't have a fever at a given moment in time.)
    Last edited by t2t; 06-12-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: minor typos

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asmitty View Post
    I seem to be finding lots of conflicting information. Marks own article recommends approximately 1mg but he does mention people taking more. Other sources have conflicted. For my own part I calculated that I get 1.2mg fluoride in my water, and I do eat 2-3 cups of raw goitrogens per day. So, I feel like more than 1mg might be beneficial. Did you guys have the support of a doctor when taking 'detox' doses of iodine, or did you simply ramp up slowly?
    The Japanese eat at least 12mg of iodine/day in seaweed. So most doctors who are knowledgeable about iodine think it's safe at that level long term.

I do not have a doc helping me with iodine. I'm doing it on my own.

Here's an interesting article by Drs. Abraham and Brownstein rebutting Dr. Gaby on iodine:
    A Rebuttal to Dr Gaby’s Editorial on Iodine

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    No Grizz,
    "WE" Dont. You do.

Everyone needs to do there own research & then do what they believe is best for them
    +1
    Last edited by breadsauce; 06-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    What Grizz recommends is working for people. If you come to this thread for advice on how to take iodine, expect to hear how he does it. Why all the animosity?

Of course you don't have to follow Dr. Brownstein's protocol. If you've got a better way, say it. Just stop it with the snide comments.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Thank you, Owl.

If y'all have a better iodine protocol than Dr. Brownstein, then please explain it, and who exactly are the doctors promoting it?
    Also supply links for your better iodine protocol so we can study it. IMO, Snide remarks are uncalled for. As far as I know, the Dr. Browstein Protocol is the BEST and MOST widely followed by 6,300 folks at the Yahoo Iodine Group, the Breast Cancer Choices Group and has been time tested & proven for years and by 500 folks at her discussion froup. Not even to speak of the many thousands following it at the CureZone iodine group.

So of course, I recommend the Browstein Protocoll. It is time tested & proven to be safe.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-12-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems From The Internet
    ================

Story at the top is interesting:

Sodium bicarbonate and iodine cured my dogs tumors on his skin

But also, this appears at the bottom:

"My 3 years old Westie had developed a tumor in her vagina it looked ugly and bloody, After read this post I tried Iodine tincture once for day, in a month of treatment tumor has completly vanished."

I can personally attest that I have removed two skin tumors from my calf using iodine.
    Dogs' tumors - GONE !!! at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1950322)
    I can also attest to removing one skin tumor from my shoulder. I don't think it was cancerous, but it was nasty.

Grizz

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Well, have been on iodine protocol since May 20. I have no diagnosed thyroid issues (but have had symptoms for years, hence taking 1 grain natural thyroid, not Armour), am vastly overweight, had thinning hair and total lack of energy, plus a distressing heart problem as of 8 years ago, both heart failure and heart attacks, verfied by lab tests. So, having made my will, I started with Lugol's 2% and am up to 4 drops daily, along with the recommended supplements. Cannot take enough magnesium orally; so have stuff for transdermal mode on order. Had bad heart pains off and on for last few months, including 3 nights ago. Nothing new there. Took Sunday off iodine. But my swollen knee finally has definition, maybe my ankle too. Eyebrows almost full size. Scar tissue retains iodine stain, but normal skin still absorbs overnight. That's all for now.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    (((Paysan))), that is great news indeed.

Gwynn

JoeyA is offline Member
    Are there any mainstream scientists in favor of iodine supplementation?

If so, can you point me in their direction? I was reading Dr. Abraham's stuff and got really turned off when he started trying to promote creationism in the middle of his article. I personally believe in evolution and would like my science to be built upon that foundation. To each their own, I suppose, but it's not for me.