Highlights of the 2nd Conference
* an estimated 95 percent of individuals deficient are in iodine
* iodine deficiency is the underlying problem—or one of the main problems—responsible for the high rate of cancer (particularly breast, lung, prostate and ovary) as well as the high rate of autoimmune disorders we are seeing in this country. Iodine deficiency is truly a national problem.
* Dr. Eskin made it clear iodine deficiency induces the earliest form of malignant changes in the breast—dysplasia. Iodine deficiency also makes existing cancer more aggressive. He presented research that iodine deficiency increases the size of breast tumors, while iodine replacement reduces their size. Iodine was also shown to inhibit tumor proliferation and to modulate the estrogen receptors in the breast and lessen negative estrogen influence on cancer formation and the spread of cancer cells.
* Dr. Miller: A huge number of our children (more than 30 percent according to the CDC) are currently being affected by fluoride poisoning, which can manifest as dental fluorosis. He also reviewed the manifestations of fluoride poisoning that include arthritis, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease, and an increased risk of cancer. iodine functions as a strong antioxidant. Iodine was also shown to induce death in lung cancer cells.
* Dr. Shevin: The most interesting part of the case histories was when he showed how he treated a detox reaction from iodine with sea salt. Dr. Shevin reported from the literature that salt was the treatment of choice to treat bromine toxicity from years past. Many people are exposed to bromine through dietary sources. He felt that iodine use in some will trigger a bromine detox reaction that can be managed by using more sea salt in the diet.
Someplace there is a DVD available from this conference.