Page 285 of 415 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 285

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I saw a naturopath last Saturday, and we went over a lot of things, from diet to supplements to my issues, etc. He is very familiar w/the iodine protocol, and said that he had used it with lots of his patients. When I told him that I was taking about 3.5 mgs, he thought that was a perfect dose to stay on. He said that when he had used the higher doses, such as Dr. Brownstein recommends, it didn't serve to clear up whatever it was the patient was using it for. So he no longer agrees with that protocol. Well, I don't agree with him. I've seen how toxic I am from my reaction to even low doses of iodine, and I know that there is no harm in taking large doses of iodine, assuming that it's being done slowly and with the proper supplementation.

He and I also disagreed about Vitamin D. My lab work from the beginning of this year showed 69 ng/ml, which he thought was quite high. He had been doing research recently and found that surfers who spend 8 hours in the sun every day only have about 35 ng/ml, so he assumed that is probably around our body's ideal amount. The recommendations online are all over the place. I've seen anywhere from 60-80 being ideal, to anything over 70 being recommended only for those treating cancer and heart disease. It's hard to know what the right level is! But I definitely think that my nauropath's recommendation is way too low, and I feel pretty comfortable with the level that I'm at right now. I should probably get another blood test done to see where I'm at now, as I've been continuing to supplement with 10,000 IUs daily.

I don't feel like I really got a lot from my appt. I told him that I was doing the Klinghardt protocol for Mercury detox, which he is familiar with, and said to go ahead and continue. I got a hair analysis done to see where I'm at w/the heavy metals, should get the results in about a week.
    I just completed one week of active mercury detox, using cilantro oil and high doses of chlorella. I had a few detox symptoms when I used too much cilantro, so listened to my body and dropped back down. I can tell a HUGE difference from when I tried to detox using just chlorella late last year. I hadn't been using anywhere near enough of it, and wasn't using the cilantro oil. Now I take a 2 week break from the cilantro and drop the chlorella down to a maintenance dose before starting active detox again.

Another thing he didn't agree w/is all of the companion supps for iodine. He said I'd be better off taking a high quality multi and mineral supplement that has the full range of B vitamins and selenium and magnesium, etc. He thinks that 200 mcg of selenium is way too high. So again, something we disagreed on. I'm only taking about half of the recommended dosages right now because I'm still on such a low amount of iodine.

So I'm currently on about 3.83 mgs of iodine a day. I've stopped pulse dosing and am just doing 7 days straight before bumping up by another ounce of diluted iodine water. In 2 more weeks, I'll be at a full drop per day, woo hoo! I'm not noticing any side effects by titrating up slowly this way. Well, I may have 3 or 4 broderma pimples, but they're not even noticeable and NOTHING like the massive rash I had before. I'm still taking NAC daily to help with the bromide detox and it is definitely helping.

One thing I'm not sure about is how to titrate up after I reach one drop. I believe that with the 2% Lugol's, the recommendation is to increase by a drop per week. I was thinking that with the 5% that I have, maybe increase by 1/2 drop per week? Or maybe even to go as slowly as 1/4 drop increase.

So while the naturopath gave me no help in the pigmentation and bloating department, I stumbled onto a few things recently that were lightbulb moments for me.
    I am pretty sure that I have a candida overgrowth. A lot of the symptoms are there, including the abdominal bloating, persistent yeast infections, cravings for sweets, carbs and alcohol, etc. So for the past week I've been following an anti-candida diet. Being paleo for more than 6 months, this hasn't been much of a stretch for me. I've just had to cut out the sweets, alcohol and remaining carbs. Once I thought about these things feeding the candida, it made it much easier to abstain. Oh, one thing I'll say for the naturopath - he recommended GTF Chromium for the cravings, 600 mcg twice a day with food. This definitely feels like it's been helping.
    I did some google searching on candida and iodine, and once again, iodine is a winner! It is a strong combatant against candida, so I feel good about continuing to increase my dose.
    In addition to the strict (well, not really!) diet, I'm also taking some anti fungals - grapefruit seed extract, increasing my coconut oil consumption, and will start with fresh crushed garlic today as well.

I've also increased my CT sessions, and the anti-candida/keto diet is exactly what is recommended for CT anyway, so it feels like everything is falling in line.

For the pigmentation, I've started supplementing with more Maca. As soon as I started taking it, I felt an increase in well being and inner harmony. It's good stuff and is supposed to balance hormones, among other things.

I've been using my earthing mat as much as possible - sleeping on it every night and keeping my feet on it while I'm at my desk. At first I attributed what seems to be a complete reversal of my adrenal fatigue to the Maca, as it's recommended for AF. But as I've been reading the earthing book, there were studies done that show that sleeping grounded normalizes cortisol levels! So I think I have to give credit where credit is due. I wake up feeling refreshed now, which hadn't happened for MONTHS, and I have pretty consistent energy throughout the day, and naturally start feeling sleeping in the evening (even on the nights that I forget to use my blue blocker goggles).

Oh yes, I was going to report back on my use of the iodine enema. I tried it last week with 1/4 tsp. of 5% Lugol's in an empty Fleet enema bottle. Held in for 15 minutes, and certainly did see some mucus expelled. The next morning in my normal BM was a LOT more mucus! So I did it again yesterday with 1/2 tsp this time. Wasn't able to hold it in nearly as long and didn't notice any mucus either then or this morning. Maybe I'm just not that mucusy? I'm curious about coffee enemas. I've seen them recommended for many different ailments, including candida.

Sometimes I feel so much like a guinea pig, but between the iodine, mercury detox and candida treatment, everything feels like it's starting to "click".

Oh, and I'm getting my fluoride water filter installed today!!

LynneF is offline Member
    Great report, Happy Paleo Girl,

It's good that you have a good record of what you're doing. I've noticed several docs say they don't "believe in" Dr. Brownstein's dosing regimen. I think this comes from their inexperience with iodine. One MD stopped prescribing Iodine in high doses for five years because he didn't understand the necessity of the salt water regimen and how to treat Hashi's. He has now learned and has become a convert.

Also, those taking the Abraham/Brownstein/Flechas 50 mg protocol are among the most enthusiastic because the success rate generates a kind of evangelism. There is even a group taking 100 mg of Iodoral who believes that's the optimal dosage. I never argue with thousands of peoples' success.

Regarding Vitamin D, the speakers at the Vitamin D conference from around the world argued that around 85 was the optimal Vitamin D range.

I have heard about the Earthing mat and would like to try it. Could you please point me to a source?

Again, many thanks for your helpful reports.

L.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Happy Paleo Girl,

Thank you so much for your excellent report. You hit the nail on the head. Every doctor has conflicting advice on iodine & on Vitamin D3. We have to choose our best doctor to follow and tune out the rest of them. My 2 most favored doctors on Vitamin D3 are Dr. Kruse (70 to 100ng/ml) and Dr. Davis (60 to 70 ng/ml). My last Vitamin D3 test was 73ng/ml on 10,000 IU Daily. This level is IDEAL for me since I have not had a nasty cold or flu in over 5 years ! Prior to taking D3, I was sick as a dog with a NASTY chest cold every year! I mean so nasty that I used to be sick for many weeks, even months.

Then I am thrilled with The Iodine Project with Doctors Brownstein, Flechas & Abraham. While Dr. Kruse and Dr. Davis are my heroes on many subjects, they just can't compete with the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Project. Dr. Kruse still recommends seaweed & seafoods up to 6 times a week & Dr. Davis still recommends 1/2mg of Kelp capsules a day. We know what is wrong with these recommendations. This just goes to prove that we must depend on ourselves & each other to find our own best ways through this maze. Iodine is still the Wild Wild West with zero agreement between doctors.

You are doing a great job finding your way to optimal health and thank you so much for sharing your discoveries with us!

As you have guessed by now, I am a HUGE FAN of CureZone. If we want the best possible answer to any question, the answer has always been a Curezone search. Here is a crurezone search for Candida:
    Search Results: candida: page:

This is my Curezone Home Page at The Iodine Group
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 259, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:
    ( when I get off of this pg, it is very hard to get back to it )

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-09-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems from the Internet

IMO, This is OFF TOPIC but still worth posting
    ==============================
    Seven rules for personal empowerment

#1) Think for yourself. Be skeptical of everything. Most people, corporations, governments and institutions are lying to you. There is much good in the world, but there is far more selfishness and greed which is falsely presented as that which is good.

#2) Follow your inner truth, not some external guru. Any guru who demands your obedience is a false prophet. A real teacher is one who empowers you and sets you free to explore your life experience with complete freedom tempered by a code of morals and personal responsibility.

#3) Serve in the protection of life, with or without a church or spiritual group. You can protect life every day in your own garden. Resist the seduction of profit and power that comes from serving darkness (i.e. working for Big Pharma). Seek to protect life, which is sacred and precious.

#4) Value all living things, including animals and plants. You are their shepherd. Protect the diversity of life and the integrity of the continuation of life. (For example, resist GMO and plant only non-hybrid seeds.)

#5) Live an authentic life. Practice what you teach. Walk your talk. Do not speak with one face and then secretly act out another. Spiritual strength comes from spiritual authenticity, and even if the world isn't aware of what you do when no one is looking, God and the universe most certainly are. Karma counts.

#6) Defend the innocent. Stand your ground against bullies. Resist tyranny. Promote freedom, liberty and justice. Help others when you can, and seek to empower others with the skills and knowledge they can use to support themselves rather than creating dependency.

#7) Tell the truth. It is powerful... perhaps the most powerful thing in the universe. The truth unfailingly outshines lies and deceptions. And even when the people around you may not see the truth, the greater universe does. By telling the truth, you empower yourself in all areas of your life, and you bring yourself closer to true spiritual understanding.

O/T - Seven Rules for Personal Empowerment at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1949196)

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-09-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post
    Great report, Happy Paleo Girl,

It's good that you have a good record of what you're doing. I've noticed several docs say they don't "believe in" Dr. Brownstein's dosing regimen. I think this comes from their inexperience with iodine. One MD stopped prescribing Iodine in high doses for five years because he didn't understand the necessity of the salt water regimen and how to treat Hashi's. He has now learned and has become a convert.

Also, those taking the Abraham/Brownstein/Flechas 50 mg protocol are among the most enthusiastic because the success rate generates a kind of evangelism. There is even a group taking 100 mg of Iodoral who believes that's the optimal dosage. I never argue with thousands of peoples' success.

Regarding Vitamin D, the speakers at the Vitamin D conference from around the world argued that around 85 was the optimal Vitamin D range.

I have heard about the Earthing mat and would like to try it. Could you please point me to a source?

Again, many thanks for your helpful reports.

L.
    Not Happy Paleo Girl here, but these are the earthing products I have:

Earthing Starter Kit

I sleep on the half sheet, and I have the mat to put my foot on while I am at the computer. I have been happy with my results.

Gwynn

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Gems from the Internet

Grizz
    Great advice! Thanks!

Gwynn

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems From The Internet:

Skin Cancer & Iodine
    ======================
    Q) I have been dabbing Iodine on several skin lesions (I know that one is Cancer) and they seem to be slowly shrinking HOWEVER, am I doing it the right way? Is it IMPORTANT to add a carrier oil than to not add one? Thanks, xxxx

A) ---- just to reiterate, for skin lesions, where you are daubing the iodine on specific spots, you DO NOT want to use a carrier oil. You actually want to let the iodine react with the skin.
    The carrier oil is for when people are painting large areas with the goal of penetrating the skin and getting the iodine inside the body. --
    (list owner requests to be anonymous)
    I think I covered this one once, ( maybe not ) but here it is again,
    Grizz

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Not Happy Paleo Girl here, but these are the earthing products I have:

Earthing Starter Kit

I sleep on the half sheet, and I have the mat to put my foot on while I am at the computer. I have been happy with my results.

Gwynn
    Thanks Gwynn.
    Yup, that's where I got my earthing mat from as well!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Direct from Dr. Kruse on Fibrocystic Breasts

One clinical finding I always ask about is the presence of fibrocystic breast disease. When it is present I immediately think the woman is likely suffering from an undiagnosed iodine deficiency. I distinctly remember in medical school seeing a woman’s fibrocystic disease cured in less than an hour by an ancient physician who taught us how to examine a women’s breasts. She had volunteered to be a guinea pig for us during our medical education, and on this day we could not examine her without making her scream and cry because her breasts were so tender to palpation. Our MD proctor was about 80 years old and he too was a volunteer helping us learn our craft. He stopped me from examining her breasts and asked her a few questions and then he asked us to leave the room. He applied Lugol’s solution to her vulva and her nipples and we were able to examine her without any pain a half hour later. It made a huge impression on me. He asked her if she was on any thyroid meds and if she had bad energy or weight gain. A lack of iodine was the source of her painful breasts. Her labs did not reveal any major issues when we saw her. I never forgot this lesson on the thyroid.
    WHAT ARE THE TOP TEN PALEO SUPPLEMENTS? - Jack Kruse
    This should squelch the Doubting Thomas'es once & for all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-09-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The 2nd National Iodine Conference, “Recent Advances in the Use of Iodine in Medical Practice” was a two-day gathering of many of the leaders in the iodine field recently held in Scottsdale, Arizona.
    Highlights of the 2nd Conference
    ========================

* an estimated 95 percent of individuals deficient are in iodine
    * iodine deficiency is the underlying problem—or one of the main problems—responsible for the high rate of cancer (particularly breast, lung, prostate and ovary) as well as the high rate of autoimmune disorders we are seeing in this country. Iodine deficiency is truly a national problem.
    * Dr. Eskin made it clear iodine deficiency induces the earliest form of malignant changes in the breast—dysplasia. Iodine deficiency also makes existing cancer more aggressive. He presented research that iodine deficiency increases the size of breast tumors, while iodine replacement reduces their size. Iodine was also shown to inhibit tumor proliferation and to modulate the estrogen receptors in the breast and lessen negative estrogen influence on cancer formation and the spread of cancer cells.
    * Dr. Miller: A huge number of our children (more than 30 percent according to the CDC) are currently being affected by fluoride poisoning, which can manifest as dental fluorosis. He also reviewed the manifestations of fluoride poisoning that include arthritis, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease, and an increased risk of cancer. iodine functions as a strong antioxidant. Iodine was also shown to induce death in lung cancer cells.
    * Dr. Shevin: The most interesting part of the case histories was when he showed how he treated a detox reaction from iodine with sea salt. Dr. Shevin reported from the literature that salt was the treatment of choice to treat bromine toxicity from years past. Many people are exposed to bromine through dietary sources. He felt that iodine use in some will trigger a bromine detox reaction that can be managed by using more sea salt in the diet.
    Iodine
    Someplace there is a DVD available from this conference.
    Grizz