Page 281 of 415 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 281

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle5690 View Post
    It is wonderful. I used to need at least a couple doses of ibuprofen to get through the first couple days each month, and now I just have some pressure, if anything.

I didn't start with 1/2 mg. I started with 12.5mg (1 iodoral), and backed it down to 6.25 after a few weeks because I'm not in a big hurry to detox. I have had few if any detox symptoms... the most noticeable has been the appearance of a half dozen or so very small cherry angiomas on my chest and legs. I'm still taking 6.25mg daily with some but not all of the recommended co-nutrients. I feel wonderful. I have energy, I sleep well, and I'm warmer.

I never mentioned it to my doctor because I figured it was just part of life. All the women in my family suffer with heavy, painful periods, and I didn't think there was any way to change that. We just dealt with it.
    My neighbor went to see her doctor about her fibrocystic breast disease. She had been in pain for years. You just can't believe what her doctor told her. He said, "Learn to live with them or cut them off." She said she went home crying. Now she is taking iodine supplements and the pain is GONE.

If all the women in your family enjoy a similar relief from their cycle pain as you have, please let us know. That would be a true miracle.

Grizz

t2t
    t2t is offline Member

IODINE & D3 to Diabeties type I

Hi,

My Downs Syndrome, 30 year old daughter became a diabetic near the age of 5. She is what's known as a fragile Diabetic. (she has severe grand mal siezures should her blood go too low... She quits breathing for one minute as each seisure occurs.) Several years ago i started giving her iodine and right off the bat I had to reduce the amount of insulin i gave her in her daily shots. When I started her on D3 a while later, again I had to reduce the amount of Novalog even more than the iodine, that I give her on that last shot at bedtime.

t2t

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Intresting bit.

Hubby has had a bump on his lower lip for.. um years.. I dont even remember him not having it.. looks like a small mole which is what he thought it was.
    anyways...
    Have had hubby on 1/2 idoral a day for the last 2 weeks (the Lugols upset his stomach) and yesterday he noticed this "bump" had come to a head (Large blackhead/small cyst?) and he was able to squeeze it out and today its almost like it was never there.. just a small spot that healing up and no bump, lump etc.
    Only new thing for him is the Iodine & hes positive thats whats done it
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Intresting bit.

Hubby has had a bump on his lower lip for.. um years.. I dont even remember him not having it.. looks like a small mole which is what he thought it was.
    anyways...
    Have had hubby on 1/2 idoral a day for the last 2 weeks (the Lugols upset his stomach) and yesterday he noticed this "bump" had come to a head (Large blackhead/small cyst?) and he was able to squeeze it out and today its almost like it was never there.. just a small spot that healing up and no bump, lump etc.
    Only new thing for him is the Iodine & hes positive thats whats done it
    Dino,

Thank you so much for that report. Yes we are discovering that iodine is VERY effective at removing cysts in a short time, if not by taking iodine internally, then painting the skin just above the cyst has not failed. Another MIRACLE from iodine.

T2T,
    Thank you for that amazing report on your daughter.

IMPORTANT !
    Mark appears to be cleaning house. He has removed the pointers to my LDN thread. If you want this extremely valuable information on LDN, please copy it now before the file gets deleted.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post739097
    This means that I had to back up all of those testimonials and put them into an on-line document in case he deletes this thread.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-06-2012 at 02:15 PM.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I think this thread is too active to be deleted.

Happily, my new supply of 2% Lugols came in today from Swanson's Vitamins. Hurray! I was getting low. I thought I was going to try Idoral, but it was $34 and change for 180 tablets of 12.5 mg each. I am still on my first bottle of 2% Lugols, and I have titrated up to 10 - 11 drops a day from one drop per day. Other than the occassional runny nose, I don't seem to have any detox symptoms.

I know a bottle will not last as long starting the first pipette-ful out of the bottle dispensing 10 or 11 drops, so I bought two. It was still cheaper than the Idoral. I am not willing to pay for the ease of use, yet. I will just keep adding it to my morning coffee.

I have gotten another member in the household on iodine. She won't take the supplements though. I have not seen any detox symptoms. And since we are well water, and have been all her life, her exposure to toxins has been minimal. I have not seen her skootching her butt across the carpet since I started putting one drop per cup of water in her bowl. Ha ha, that is right I have my 22 pound poodle on it. Since I read mom5's post, I thought, hey I read where they use iodine for farm animals, mom5 said she uses it for her pets, my dog is skootching, means she has worms or something, hmm, mom5 said it cuts out things like that, hmm,so I put 1 and 3 together, got 5 and added iodine to the dogs water. The one daughter who KNOWS I am NUTS, has not seen me yet, but there is plenty of time ahead of us.

Next on my iodine hit parade will be making my own. Chrystals are available on ebay for cheap. I just need to source some big dark glass bottles to put it in and I guess to make it in.

LJ
    Last edited by ljbprrfmof; 06-06-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Kal-El is offline Junior Member
    Hey Grizz, Was wondering if u tried the iodine suppositories and if u have what were the benefits you noticed from it ?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Hey Grizz, Was wondering if u tried the iodine suppositories and if u have what were the benefits you noticed from it ?
    Kal-El,
    I think John & I have decided to go with the Iodine Enema instead. I have the Flents re-usable enema bottle in my basket at Amazon.Com.
    Amazon.com: Flents Reusable Enema Bottle: Rock Ridge Sales, Inc
    I plan to mix lugols with water and apply a squeeze each day to get iodine up next to the prostate.

I'll post results when testing begins,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I think this thread is too active to be deleted.

Happily, my new supply of 2% Lugols came in today from Swanson's Vitamins. Hurray! I was getting low. I thought I was going to try Idoral, but it was $34 and change for 180 tablets of 12.5 mg each. I am still on my first bottle of 2% Lugols, and I have titrated up to 10 - 11 drops a day from one drop per day. Other than the occassional runny nose, I don't seem to have any detox symptoms.

I know a bottle will not last as long starting the first pipette-ful out of the bottle dispensing 10 or 11 drops, so I bought two. It was still cheaper than the Idoral. I am not willing to pay for the ease of use, yet. I will just keep adding it to my morning coffee.

I have gotten another member in the household on iodine. She won't take the supplements though. I have not seen any detox symptoms. And since we are well water, and have been all her life, her exposure to toxins has been minimal. I have not seen her skootching her butt across the carpet since I started putting one drop per cup of water in her bowl. Ha ha, that is right I have my 22 pound poodle on it. Since I read mom5's post, I thought, hey I read where they use iodine for farm animals, mom5 said she uses it for her pets, my dog is skootching, means she has worms or something, hmm, mom5 said it cuts out things like that, hmm,so I put 1 and 3 together, got 5 and added iodine to the dogs water. The one daughter who KNOWS I am NUTS, has not seen me yet, but there is plenty of time ahead of us.

Next on my iodine hit parade will be making my own. Chrystals are available on ebay for cheap. I just need to source some big dark glass bottles to put it in and I guess to make it in.

LJ
    You can paint a standard 1 quart canning jar black for your home made Lugols. I'm going to make my own Lugols, too after my current supply runs out. That will save me a lot of $$$$. I'll put one of those recipes to work in the Iodine References file - chapter Shopping.

Great idea giving your dog iodine. Please let us know how that works out. I'm really thrilled Momma5 showed up. Her stories were so uplifting. I don't think anyone can be skeptical about iodine after reading her messages.

I think it is just good practice to have a backup of all those testimonials. I might be paranoid, but I think the Drug Industry will try to shut this message thread down.

Grizz

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Every cell in your body requires iodine. Where are you getting it? Iodized salt is not enough.
    Unless you are eating kelp & seafish several times a week, your body is starving for iodine.

Grizz
    Does canned fish count? I eat canned tuna and salmon several times a week.
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I have gotten another member in the household on iodine. She won't take the supplements though. I have not seen any detox symptoms. And since we are well water, and have been all her life, her exposure to toxins has been minimal. I have not seen her skootching her butt across the carpet since I started putting one drop per cup of water in her bowl. Ha ha, that is right I have my 22 pound poodle on it. Since I read mom5's post, I thought, hey I read where they use iodine for farm animals, mom5 said she uses it for her pets, my dog is skootching, means she has worms or something, hmm, mom5 said it cuts out things like that, hmm,so I put 1 and 3 together, got 5 and added iodine to the dogs water.
    Skootching butts is from impacted anal glands, which aren't draining normally. Maybe the iodine is helping that.
    Here's an explanation:
    Anal Sac Disease