Page 277 of 415 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 277

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow, thanks mom5booklover.

I don't have apple cider vinegar. Would distilled vinegar work? And I'll try the bandaid trick. I have a flesh-colored mole, I'll try it there too...

The seaweed salt was from the coast of Maine, but I'll chuck it anyway...
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Wow, thanks mom5booklover.

I don't have apple cider vinegar. Would distilled vinegar work? And I'll try the bandaid trick. I have a flesh-colored mole, I'll try it there too...

The seaweed salt was from the coast of Maine, but I'll chuck it anyway...

I haven't ever tried distilled vinegar. I don't know if it would work or not. One of the things about Apple cidar vinegar that works is that it has active probiotics and enzymes. I use Braggs ACV which has "the Mother." Meaning it is not filtered and the starter for the vinegar is still in the bottle. You could try the distilled though. It can't really hurt.

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Grizz;854151]
    Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post

mom5booklover,

WOW ! Many thanks for that list ! That is incredible. You have far more experience with iodine than any of us. Can you answer Oxide's question, how long did it take to get rid of your daughters mole? Cured your cystic breasts and PCOS, too ! You must have had uterine cysts, too because of the irregular cycles?

May I ask some questions? How did it get rid of yeast? Did you apply lugols to your body or just take it internally? How much iodine are you and hubby taking daily? I am thrilled that you joined our group. There are questions that I just can't answer because I don't have the experience yet. When did you start taking iodine & how did you find out about it? The drug companies have it BURIED and blacklisted, so it is nearly impossible to find out about it.

Mrs Grizz & I will also be taking iodoral for life, knowing what I know about iodine. I'm trying to convince our sons to also start on iodine. They are skeptical, as we would expect.

Grizz
    Hi Grizz,
    I am happy to give my input. I am by no means an expert on iodine. I have only been incorporating it into our lives for about 2 years now. I discovered it after being knocked down to many times with medical problems caused by CW Medicine and finally got fed up with doctors, vets, and the like. I started originally looking for a cure for my dogs pancreatic cancer as I didn't want to put her down like the vet suggested. I was unable to do anything about my dogs health but was so happy to have discovered a website called Earth Clinic. On this site they have tons of stories of how different home remedies have helped people get better and cure illnesses. One of the pages is on iodine. I read about bladder infections being cured by it, mole removal, skin cancer being cured etc.....I have graves disease and have been treating it myself for a few years now. I also treat my 16 year old daughters graves disease with iodine and some other supplements.
    For many years I would get a yeast infection every few months. I also had digestion issues caused by yeast. I found the yeast fix on Earth Clinic as well. By taking iodine orally, removing sugar from my diet, drinking a baking soda and lemon juice concoction(called the alkilizing formula), and by taking probiotics I was able to cure my infections. I haven't had one in at least 2 years.
    I give my husband only 12.5 mg of lugol's per day for both his gout and high blood pressure. He had kidney surgery 4 years ago and has been on medication for at least 10 years now. He can go without the Lisinipril now by taking the iodine and drinking Apple cidar vinegar 1 to 2 times a day(helps lower his pH which helps bp and gout).
    I take 50 to 100 mg per day for my graves and goiter. My irregular menstral cycle, PCOS, and cystic breasts were partially related to my Graves disease so I think in fixing this it helped the other three. I honestly didn't really try to get rid of them since I thought they were caused by something different entirely. I simply took the iodine, selenium, magnesium, D3, vit C, sea salt, b-complex and went gluten free. Then realized one day months after starting the prodical that I hadn't had any PCOS symptoms and I had been having regular periods for a few months. It was probably 4 months ago that I really noticed the cystic breasts were completely gone. I never experienced the uterine cysts as far as I know.
    I had some issues when I first started iodine which are kind of interesting. After going to a naturopath (too expensive and not covered under insurance) and an endocrinologist (wanted to kill, remove, or treat my thyroid with drugs that also cause many other problems) I finally started treating myself. I had started with selenium and the other supplements listed above. I didn't know about iodine yet. I also went gluten free. I got really good results from this stuff alone. My lab work looked great and continued for many months. But I was gaining weight like crazy and my goiter was still 2" big. When I started iodine I was so excited to see what my blood work looked like that I went in after only using iodine for 1 month. My lab work surprised me as it was saying I was now hypo not hyper. I freaked and immediately stopped using the iodine. Shortly there after I also stopped eating gluten-free. I got tested a few months later and this time my thyroid was jacked way up again. I started doing research on iodine again to see what in the world was going on. I found an article (can't remember where but I will try to find it) that talked about TSH dumping when you start iodine and have graves disease. I realized that my TSH had gone up because of the dumping that occurs due to the hormone changes and that it would get better. So I started using the iodine again and built my way back up and reached 100 mg then backed off to about 50 mg a few months in.
    The sinus infection cure was completely a leap of faith on my part. I get terrible sinus infections every year around this time of year. Usually they last for a month or so and no antibiotics have ever helped them in the past so I usually just use my neti pot and take lots of ibuprofin. This year I got the same infection. I have read that some types of allergies are actually fungal infections. Particularly in the sinuses. So knowing that iodine is anti fungal I thougt hey why not. I tried this 2 weeks ago. I put a drop of iodine in my neti pot 3 times a day for 2 days. Bam.....no more infection. I feel great.
    I love iodine and am so happy to have it available to me. I just convinced my friend who also has PCOs to start it. I will let you know how it goes.
    My daugter takes it daily for her graves which was very actively worse than mine. She was very under weight had a golf ball size goiter, and all the other classic symptoms. I started her on it after beginning the other supplements. She got much better but her goiter wouldn't go away. I read somewhere else that some graves disease goiters need iodine without the selenium. To flush out the T3. Otherwise the T4 will convert faster than the thyroid can clear it. So I started giving her the iodine without selenium. Her goiter shrunk rapidly. I was sceptical about continuing for very long for fear of damaging her thyroid so I only did this for 2 weeks. Her goiter has remained about the size of a marble for over 6 months. I am going to try the iodine without selenium to see if we can flush it out even more here soon and will update this thread.

Grizz is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=mom5booklover;854645]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

Hi Grizz,
    I am happy to give my input. I am by no means an expert on iodine. I have only been incorporating it into our lives for about 2 years now. I discovered it after being knocked down to many times with medical problems caused by CW Medicine and finally got fed up with doctors, vets, and the like. I started originally looking for a cure for my dogs pancreatic cancer as I didn't want to put her down like the vet suggested. I was unable to do anything about my dogs health but was so happy to have discovered a website called Earth Clinic. On this site they have tons of stories of how different home remedies have helped people get better and cure illnesses. One of the pages is on iodine. I read about bladder infections being cured by it, mole removal, skin cancer being cured etc.....I have graves disease and have been treating it myself for a few years now. I also treat my 16 year old daughters graves disease with iodine and some other supplements.
    For many years I would get a yeast infection every few months. I also had digestion issues caused by yeast. I found the yeast fix on Earth Clinic as well. By taking iodine orally, removing sugar from my diet, drinking a baking soda and lemon juice concoction(called the alkilizing formula), and by taking probiotics I was able to cure my infections. I haven't had one in at least 2 years.
    I give my husband only 12.5 mg of lugol's per day for both his gout and high blood pressure. He had kidney surgery 4 years ago and has been on medication for at least 10 years now. He can go without the Lisinipril now by taking the iodine and drinking Apple cidar vinegar 1 to 2 times a day(helps lower his pH which helps bp and gout).
    I take 50 to 100 mg per day for my graves and goiter. My irregular menstral cycle, PCOS, and cystic breasts were partially related to my Graves disease so I think in fixing this it helped the other three. I honestly didn't really try to get rid of them since I thought they were caused by something different entirely. I simply took the iodine, selenium, magnesium, D3, vit C, sea salt, b-complex and went gluten free. Then realized one day months after starting the prodical that I hadn't had any PCOS symptoms and I had been having regular periods for a few months. It was probably 4 months ago that I really noticed the cystic breasts were completely gone. I never experienced the uterine cysts as far as I know.
    I had some issues when I first started iodine which are kind of interesting. After going to a naturopath (too expensive and not covered under insurance) and an endocrinologist (wanted to kill, remove, or treat my thyroid with drugs that also cause many other problems) I finally started treating myself. I had started with selenium and the other supplements listed above. I didn't know about iodine yet. I also went gluten free. I got really good results from this stuff alone. My lab work looked great and continued for many months. But I was gaining weight like crazy and my goiter was still 2" big. When I started iodine I was so excited to see what my blood work looked like that I went in after only using iodine for 1 month. My lab work surprised me as it was saying I was now hypo not hyper. I freaked and immediately stopped using the iodine. Shortly there after I also stopped eating gluten-free. I got tested a few months later and this time my thyroid was jacked way up again. I started doing research on iodine again to see what in the world was going on. I found an article (can't remember where but I will try to find it) that talked about TSH dumping when you start iodine and have graves disease. I realized that my TSH had gone up because of the dumping that occurs due to the hormone changes and that it would get better. So I started using the iodine again and built my way back up and reached 100 mg then backed off to about 50 mg a few months in.
    The sinus infection cure was completely a leap of faith on my part. I get terrible sinus infections every year around this time of year. Usually they last for a month or so and no antibiotics have ever helped them in the past so I usually just use my neti pot and take lots of ibuprofin. This year I got the same infection. I have read that some types of allergies are actually fungal infections. Particularly in the sinuses. So knowing that iodine is anti fungal I thougt hey why not. I tried this 2 weeks ago. I put a drop of iodine in my neti pot 3 times a day for 2 days. Bam.....no more infection. I feel great.
    I love iodine and am so happy to have it available to me. I just convinced my friend who also has PCOs to start it. I will let you know how it goes.
    My daugter takes it daily for her graves which was very actively worse than mine. She was very under weight had a golf ball size goiter, and all the other classic symptoms. I started her on it after beginning the other supplements. She got much better but her goiter wouldn't go away. I read somewhere else that some graves disease goiters need iodine without the selenium. To flush out the T3. Otherwise the T4 will convert faster than the thyroid can clear it. So I started giving her the iodine without selenium. Her goiter shrunk rapidly. I was sceptical about continuing for very long for fear of damaging her thyroid so I only did this for 2 weeks. Her goiter has remained about the size of a marble for over 6 months. I am going to try the iodine without selenium to see if we can flush it out even more here soon and will update this thread.
    mom5booklover,
    Your story is a true inspiration for others. To make sure your story is not lost in this message thread, I'm cross linking it into Iodine References, testimonials section. I have been promoting this file nationwide to help millions of women who would never find this little message thread. As I speak there are 5 people reading this file and as many as 15 at one time.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

We are also extremely fortunate to have Lynne Farrow, Author & Director of BreastCancerChoices with us as a member to help us get the word out.

Grizz

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    This past week i'm seeing a mild symptom -- it feels like someone is pushing on the depression at the base of my neck. I'm not sure this is iodine related. I felt the same pressure a decade ago when I was diagnosed with GERD and put on Prilosec. The Prilosec cleared it up back then. Since going primal I haven't needed Prilosec.

I've been putting a big drop on the moles and letting the drop sink in, using grapeseed oil as a carrier. I've noticed that when I concentrate the drop that way, the brown color stays around for a long time. As a test, I let a drop sit on a bit of normal skin, and the iodine stuck around for a while on that spot too. Is the iodine drop and kelp salt enough iodine for a detox symptom? Am I mauling my thyroid? Should I stop iodine? Should I go back onto Prilosec to see if that works?

I haven't taken Prilosec since January, but I wonder if I should go back on it.
    When I first started Iodoral, I had a tightness at the base of my throat, which was detox from halogens. I cut my dose in half, and it went away. I've been titrating up since then, with no other symptoms.

GERD is most often caused by LOW stomach acid.

Chris Kresser has written a great series of articles about this: "Stomach acid (HCL) supports the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates by stimulating the release of pancreatic enzymes into the small intestine. If the pH of the stomach is too high (due to insufficient stomach acid), the pancreatic enzymes will not be secreted and the carbohydrates will not be broken down properly.
    Bacterial overgrowth + maldigested carbohydrates = GAS!

Though microbes are able to metabolize proteins and even fats, their preferred energy source is carbohydrate. The fermentation of carbohydrates that havenít been digested properly produces gas. The resulting gas increases intra-abdominal pressure, which is the driving force behind acid reflux and GERD.

When stomach acid is sufficient and carbohydrates are consumed in moderation, they are properly broken down into glucose and rapidly absorbed in the small intestine before they can be fermented by microbes. However, if stomach acid is insufficient and/or carbohydrates are consumed in excess, some of the carbs will escape absorption and become available for intestinal microbes to ferment."

Read the entire series here: Heartburn / GERD
    That is the intro page, scroll down to "Articles" for the rest of the series. And read the comments after each article. Plenty of people are curing their GERD with his suggestions. I've got my mom following him, and she's doing much better with hers.

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    Holy Giant Thread, Batman!! I'm glad I found it, though. Lots of interesting information! I think I'll do an iodine test and see what happens...anyone know if you can use plain ol' tincture of iodine for the test? We have a lot of iodine on the place (useful for all kinds of livestock situations) and it would be nice to see what happens with the skin test before I go out and buy other iodine.
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meegads View Post
    Holy Giant Thread, Batman!! I'm glad I found it, though. Lots of interesting information! I think I'll do an iodine test and see what happens...anyone know if you can use plain ol' tincture of iodine for the test? We have a lot of iodine on the place (useful for all kinds of livestock situations) and it would be nice to see what happens with the skin test before I go out and buy other iodine.
    The tincture will sit longer than lugo'l since the etanol will drive it into the surface of the skin in another way. (My own experience.) But... If your tincture don't hold 24 hours, then I'll tell you - for free - that lugol's will hold shorter and you are in need.

If the tincture holds longer then I'd advice to try lugol's for the skin patch test.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meegads View Post
    There are additional signs of iodine deficiency.
    ===================================

1) Body temp before getting out of bed is less than 98.6
    2) Do you ever have cold hands & cold feet?
    If you have not been eating a lot of seafood & seaweed primarily Kelp, then you are deficient

Symptoms from SEVERE Iodine Deficiency
    ============================
    * Migraine headaches (5,6) * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6) * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6) * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6) * Breast pain (fibrocystic tissue) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6) * Lung Cancers (13)
    * Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8) * testicular cancer (7,8)
    * Thyroid Cancers * Erectile Dysfunction

Additional symptoms of iodine deficiency:
    ===========================
    Cholesterol levels increased (1) * Cysts of skin, breast & ovaries (2,9)
    * Cold intolerance (cold hands & feet) (1) * Concentration decreased [brain fog] (1)
    * Constipation (1) * Depression (1)
    * Diabetes (4) * Dry, coarse hair (1)
    * Dry skin (1) * Dry Mouth
    * Dry Eyes * Excessive sleepiness (1)
    * Fatigue (1) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome * Fibromyalgia (4)
    * Fluid Retention (4) * Graves’ Disease (4)
    * Hair Loss (10) * Headaches (11)
    * Heart rate slowing (1) * Hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Hashi’s (4, 9)
    * Immune system reduced function (4) * Insomnia (4)
    * Keloids (9) * Memory Poor (12)
    * Miscarriages & Low Baby IQ * Mental Retardation
    * Muscle Cramps, Pain (1,4) * Parotid duct stones.(12) * Puffiness around the eyes (1) * Stomach Problems
    * Sweating reduced or gone(1) * Swelling of the legs (edema) (1) * Temperature drop in body temp (1) * Thyroid cysts (Goiters) (2,3) * Weakness (12) * Weight gain (1)
    (1) http://joannebrophy.com/programs/iodinetherapy.htm
    (2) http://www.ehow.com/about_5068314_th...-symptoms.html
    (3) http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/iodine.html
    (4) http://joannebrophy.com/programs/iodinetherapy.htm
    (5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O6LD...eature=related
    (6) http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller20.html
    (7) http://theiodineproject.webs.com/cancerandiodine.htm
    (8) http://www.oasisadvancedwellness.com...-epidemic.html
    (9) http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james37.htm
    (10) http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...and-hair-loss/
    (11) http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james37.htm
    (12) http://www.healthsupplementsnutritio...om/Iodine.html
    (13) http://thyroid.about.com/library/derry/bl10.htm

SMGJ is correct, he best test is with Lugols from Amazon.Com,

For the doctor reports & research see:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-05-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=mom5booklover;854645]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

BEST MESSAGE AWARD

Hi Grizz,
    I am happy to give my input. I am by no means an expert on iodine. I have only been incorporating it into our lives for about 2 years now.
    --------
    I discovered it after being knocked down to many times with medical problems caused by CW Medicine and finally got fed up with doctors, vets, and the like. I started originally looking for a cure for my dogs pancreatic cancer as I didn't want to put her down like the vet suggested. I was unable to do anything about my dogs health but was so happy to have discovered a website called Earth Clinic. On this site they have tons of stories of how different home remedies have helped people get better and cure illnesses. One of the pages is on iodine. I read about bladder infections being cured by it, mole removal, skin cancer being cured etc.....
    ----------------------
    I have graves disease and have been treating it myself for a few years now. I also treat my 16 year old daughters graves disease with iodine and some other supplements.
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    -------------------------
    -----------------------------------
    ----------------------------
    ----------------------------
    Mom5,

My god, I can't even imagine how sick you & your family would be if you had not discovered iodine !

May I ask what your doctors did for you? Were they helpful at all? What do you think of your doctors?

It should have been a NO BRAINER for them Goiter = Iodine Deficiency. I thought EVERYONE knew this one. I think it is shameful that doctors of all people could not connect the dots between goiter & iodine.

We don't have any method of awarding messages like Curezone does. However I'm awarding your message with Best Message Award. I'll figure something out to mark the message.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-05-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Lars86 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't remember seeing this in the references page. I had been taking my iodine in my morning coffee / tea and also taking half the dose of the companion supplements. I'll have to find a different time to take the C...

Vitamin C Powder Makes Iodine
    Stains Disappear
    Dr. Hulda Clark has been recommending Lugol’s iodine
    solution for many years. In her book, The Cure for All
    Diseases, she recommends using Vitamin C crystals to
    remove an iodine stain if you spill a few drops.
    The dark iodine stain will instantly disappear due to
    an oxidation-reduction reaction. Reactions that involve
    a transfer of electrons from one atom to another
    are called oxidation-reduction reactions or redox for
    short. Vitamin C is considered a univeral donor and
    reduces iodine while iodine oxidizes Vitamin C. This
    oxidation-reduction reaction is the reason that iodine
    and Vitamin C should not be taken together.