Page 276 of 415 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 276

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Surely it depends on the seaweed, and where it comes from?

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    You would do well to stay away from the sea-weed , fruit, vegetables and such coming from the California west coast. (not… trying to scare anyone just doing what the media should be doing…)

Even mild doses of radioactive iodine 131 will increase of BIG profits for the U.S. Big Pharm from all the sick people.

The Radiation Warnings You Won’t Get from the Mainstream Propaganda Machine at Ask Trapper (MessageID: 1926612)

t2t

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    &IMO, the drug companies simply swept all of this history under the rug & whitewashed it all.

Grizz
    Hmm, if Gary Taubes could do it for obestiy research, somebody could do it for iodine research.

After 14 days, no good updates on the moles. I can't tell if they are bigger or darker than they were before because the Lugol's makes them look bigger and darker. I'm seeing more toeprint (like fingerprint) lines, but that might just be a bit of dryness. I took pictures on Wednesday May 23 and I think Friday June 1, so I'll have to compare in a few days. How long until I should look for real results?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I took pictures on Wednesday May 23 and I think Friday June 1, so I'll have to compare in a few days. How long until I should look for real results?

I would say give it 6 weeks to see if theres any significant results (Based on thats how long we suggest to give diet changes to show positive results)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Grizz;853742]

I find many uses for Lugols iodine.
    1) I mix with water in a mist bottle for a chemical free under arm deodorant.
    2) I apply it to moles & skin lesions to get rid of them
    3) A drop on a mosquito bite or a tick bite prevents disease, swelling & itching
    4) Paint the testicles nightly enhances sex life
    5) My next trip to mexico, I WILL use a drop of lugols in any water I drink. No more Montezuma's revenge for me!
    6) Disinfect cuts & scrapes
    7) Another misting bottle used for an asthma inhaler for my rare asthma attacks
    I'm sure I will find even more uses for iodine.

I've decided to make up a quart of Lugols when I run out from one of those recipes.

Some things I use Lugol's for:
    1) To get rid of me and my daughter's goiter's (from grave's disease) If we miss just one dose you can see my daughters grow within hours.
    2) Got rid of my daughter's "questionable" raised mole. Dermatologist was amazed
    3) Put a drop in my neti pot to completely knock out a sinus infection.
    4) Put in cat and dogs water to get rid of worms and other parasites
    5) Clear up bladder infection on friends(my family hasn't gotten any since we started using lugols)
    6) Put a drop in about a 1/4 cup of water and using a dropper to put in cat and dogs ears gets rid of mites.
    7) Clears up zits in just a day or two.
    8) If you put a few drops in lentils and beans while soaking after cooked(for non-primal family and friends) it makes them non-gas causing
    9) Gets rid of pink eye (same as ear mite remedy).
    10) Lowered my hubby's blood pressure so that he is no longer taking blood pressure meds.
    11) Got rid of hubby's gout.
    12) Helped regulate my hormones and got rid of irregular cycle, cystic breasts, and pcos.
    13) Helped rid myself of yeast overload.
    14) Assisted me in my Flouride detoxing.

I will keep lugol's around for the rest of my life and continue to use for whatever comes up in our families lives. It has been a huge life savor. My daughter and I (with Graves disease) have both been able to stay off prescription anti thyroid drugs and have completely normalized our thyroids with help from lugol's and iodoral (among other supplements). It is worth the money simply because you will not have to go to the doctor as much or at all in most cases.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Hey Grizz,

Kelp flake salt is sea salt that has a bit of dulse and nori mixed in it. 1/4 teaspoon has only about 217% RDA iodine. (which is plenty, by CW standards). They discontinued it at the store, so I mixed some plain kelp flakes with gray salt. That's for the morning eggs. I also take the B's and Mg (still only half dose of each) at night with a cup of salt water using plain Himalayan Pink.

I had a bit of acid reflux the other night, so I'll go on Prilosec for a month just to see.
    Oxide,

I follow doctors orders on iodine.
    * No seaweed. Seaweed is not allowed due to contamination problems
    * Take Lugols or iodoral and none other
    * Take all the required supplements
    * 1/2 teaspoon of natural salt daily.

So I still cannot comment on what you are doing. My hands are tied for being inventive & creative. I have no choice but to follow doctors orders as closely as possible. Dr. Brownstein & Dr. Buist.

Sorry, I don't have any experience on removing moles, so I can't comment. You are the first in our group to apply iodine to a mole. I suggest searching Curezone where they have many years of experience.
    Search Results: moles: page:

Please let us know what you find. Sorry that I am not more help today. Can anyone else chime in on Oxide's request?

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=mom5booklover;854108]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

I find many uses for Lugols iodine.
    1) I mix with water in a mist bottle for a chemical free under arm deodorant.
    2) I apply it to moles & skin lesions to get rid of them
    3) A drop on a mosquito bite or a tick bite prevents disease, swelling & itching
    4) Paint the testicles nightly enhances sex life
    5) My next trip to mexico, I WILL use a drop of lugols in any water I drink. No more Montezuma's revenge for me!
    6) Disinfect cuts & scrapes
    7) Another misting bottle used for an asthma inhaler for my rare asthma attacks
    I'm sure I will find even more uses for iodine.

I've decided to make up a quart of Lugols when I run out from one of those recipes.

Some things I use Lugol's for:
    1) To get rid of me and my daughter's goiter's (from grave's disease) If we miss just one dose you can see my daughters grow within hours.
    2) Got rid of my daughter's "questionable" raised mole. Dermatologist was amazed
    3) Put a drop in my neti pot to completely knock out a sinus infection.
    4) Put in cat and dogs water to get rid of worms and other parasites
    5) Clear up bladder infection on friends(my family hasn't gotten any since we started using lugols)
    6) Put a drop in about a 1/4 cup of water and using a dropper to put in cat and dogs ears gets rid of mites.
    7) Clears up zits in just a day or two.
    8) If you put a few drops in lentils and beans while soaking after cooked(for non-primal family and friends) it makes them non-gas causing
    9) Gets rid of pink eye (same as ear mite remedy).
    10) Lowered my hubby's blood pressure so that he is no longer taking blood pressure meds.
    11) Got rid of hubby's gout.
    12) Helped regulate my hormones and got rid of irregular cycle, cystic breasts, and pcos.
    13) Helped rid myself of yeast overload.
    14) Assisted me in my Flouride detoxing.

I will keep lugol's around for the rest of my life and continue to use for whatever comes up in our families lives. It has been a huge life savor. My daughter and I (with Graves disease) have both been able to stay off prescription anti thyroid drugs and have completely normalized our thyroids with help from lugol's and iodoral (among other supplements). It is worth the money simply because you will not have to go to the doctor as much or at all in most cases.
    mom5booklover,

WOW ! Many thanks for that list ! That is incredible. You have far more experience with iodine than any of us. Can you answer Oxide's question, how long did it take to get rid of your daughters mole? Cured your cystic breasts and PCOS, too ! You must have had uterine cysts, too because of the irregular cycles?

May I ask some questions? How did it get rid of yeast? Did you apply lugols to your body or just take it internally? How much iodine are you and hubby taking daily? I am thrilled that you joined our group. There are questions that I just can't answer because I don't have the experience yet. When did you start taking iodine & how did you find out about it? The drug companies have it BURIED and blacklisted, so it is nearly impossible to find out about it.

Mrs Grizz & I will also be taking iodoral for life, knowing what I know about iodine. I'm trying to convince our sons to also start on iodine. They are skeptical, as we would expect.

PS) For MUCH MORE on mom5's story see this link:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post854782

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-04-2012 at 09:30 PM.

LynneF is offline Member
    Hi Mom5,

I just sent you a private message.

Ditto what our Grizz says. You are Momma Iodine!

Lynne

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post
    There is a misunderstanding. I was referring to estrogen as a bogus contributing factor to breast cancer. And natural progesterone as a pro-thyroid hormone.

I'm in agreement with your doc that too much estrogen is an antagonist to the thyroid. The famous high-dose estrogen Wiley Protocol produced a lot of hypothyroid women. When women get Grave's disease (are too HYper and antibodies are flying) estrogen is sometimes prescribed as an alternative to the toxic drugs because it will slow down the thyroid.

Regarding progestins suppressing endogenous progesterone, that is part of the pharmacology. An academic pharmacist like Pete Huesemann might be able to point you to sources. I've been studying progesterone since the 1980s so I'm easily pulled off topic on this subject.

Regarding taking Levaxin (Synthroid equivalent) Please look at the book, Stop The Thyroid Madness by Janie Bowthorpe. She is the premiere patient-to-patient expert in the US. Patient activists are phasing out using Synthroid in favor of natural desiccated thyroid under the brands, Nature-Throid or Armour Thyroid.

Also, are you on the Yahoo Iodine Group? You will get some excellent info on how to manage Hashi's there. There are huge misconceptions about Hashi's and some of the 6,000 people on that group have managed to sort them out.
    Thanks, I'll look for Huseman and se what I'll get.

Re levaxin I've read the book but since I'm only on a token dose, so it doesn't bother me much... Since I function well on this combo (probably mostly due to the 2grains of thyroid) I'm reluctant to change even though I have huge doubts about the usabillity of levaxine.

I'm not a member of the yahoo group - yet. I try to keep my internet committments down a bit - else they start stressing me. Which is not a good thing.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, if Gary Taubes could do it for obestiy research, somebody could do it for iodine research.

After 14 days, no good updates on the moles. I can't tell if they are bigger or darker than they were before because the Lugol's makes them look bigger and darker. I'm seeing more toeprint (like fingerprint) lines, but that might just be a bit of dryness. I took pictures on Wednesday May 23 and I think Friday June 1, so I'll have to compare in a few days. How long until I should look for real results?
    Hi Oxide,
    From my experience with my daughter's mole which was a raised flesh colored mole on her back. It was removed with daily applications of iodine (two drops and waterproof bandaid applied) left throughout the day. Then in the evenings I applied apple cidar vinegar with a bandaid and left over night. Her mole literally fell off within two weeks of doing these two procedures. I believe the apple cidar vinegar actually somehow made the mole more permiable to the iodine as it started to scab over first then about 2 days of applying the iodine after the scab appeared the mole was gone. I have tried just the Apple cidar vinegar by itself with no success but have not yet tried the iodine by itself yet.
    Last edited by mom5booklover; 06-04-2012 at 01:27 PM.