Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 273

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    A MYTH... dude... WTF?
    You need a sex ed 101 diagram.
    You obviously know how to google... so.
    There is a lot of controversy about that. Some women here at MDA claim to have G-Spots and others dismiss it as a HOAX. My wife says it is is a hoax. If it is real, not all women have one.

Grizz

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    There is a lot of controversy about that. Some women here at MDA claim to have G-Spots and others dismiss it as a HOAX. My wife says it is is a hoax. If it is real, not all women have one.

Grizz
    The "G-spot" is just a common expression for the area inside the vagina (about 2 in in and at the front)that is in line with the paraurethral glands... spongy tissue that surrounds the urethra. It is not a "spot" that can be felt directly inside the vagina like a 'magic button' or something ridiculous like that.
    It's and area of tissue inside the body that can be stimulated from within the vagina, much like the prostate can be stimulated from within the anus of a man... but it's not IN his rectum.

Also... every lady likes things a little different... just like every guy.
    They do HAVE the tissue, whether or not it does something special for them is a different story.

It's not a myth nor a "hoax"... as with all things sexual, everyone tends to be a little different.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member

Go, not so deep and you'l find the answer you seek.

Good answer Cori,

Here is more on the subject"

From women's Barnard College newsletter The Well-Woman:

"Recent studies suggest that anywhere from ten to forty percent of
    females can ejaculate (although the latest research indicates the
    possibility that all women produce female ejaculate, even if they are
    not aware of it), however women do not necessarily ejaculate every
    time they have an orgasm, and the amount of fluid they secrete can
    range from as little as a few drops, to nearly fifteen ounces (almost
    two cups). The fluid itself is produced in the paraurethral (?near the
    urethra?) glands, also known as ?Skene?s Glands,? and sometimes
    colloquially referred to as the ?female prostate?. The largest of
    these glands (there may be as many as thirty or more) are located near
    the urethral orifice, and may in some cases open into the vulva, but
    the exact quantity, size, and placement of these glands varies from
    woman to woman. During sexual arousal, the paraurethral glands fill
    with a liquid that is a blend of proteins similar to those found in
    male seminal fluid."

Lots of goodies of info from the two sites below:

Google Answers: Female Squirting science

Female Ejaculation and the G-Spot: Not Your Mother's Orgasm Book! - Deborah Sundahl, Bernard Selling - Google Books

t2t

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems from the Internet

Woman cures PCOS, Goiter, Fibroid Uterus, AND Fibrocystic Breasts with iodine
    ===============================================
    Comment Originally Posted by Owl
    There is evidence that PCOS is caused by iodine deficiency. Iodine deficiency — Cause of PCOS? | PCOSInfo
    I don't have PCOS, but I've started taking iodine because of the huge role it plays in the body.

A) I'll second the reccommended Iodine....in form of Lugol's Solution. Had PCOS after 6th baby...but only after Fibrocystic Breasts by 16, fibroid in uterus by 30, and goiter on thyroid by 39. All have miraculously dissappeared with Lugol's usage for last 5 years. With last pregnancy, doctor could find no traces of the very large uterine fibroid I had had for the last 10 years. Woooohoooo! Check out Dr. Brownstein's and Dr. Flechas' work on Iodine Defficiency.....

Sorry for the delay....trip to Florida....anyway, from PCOS diagnosis after baby 6 and a year nursing, at which time I started Lugols....to pregnancy of baby 7 and ultrasound at 13 weeks gestation was about 6 months. Ultrasound was the proof in the pudding for me. I know take liquid Lugol's 15% ( I had custom made for me from Herbhealers.com, which they now carry regularly) at 5 drops per day at just under 10 mg per drop...so about 50 mgs a day. On stressful days I double it. Also dose the children with it at three drops per day. We take it in 100% Welch's Grape Juice since we also do SCD/GAPS. Juice is watered 50/50. Taste is undetectable and causes no problems. HTH
    Christina...momma to 8 [momma28]
    The PCOS Support Thread!

TAH DAH ! and we have a new Disciple to help spread the word on iodine!
    ===============================================
    I started a new thread just about iodine http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthrea...-iodine-Thread!!! . . . hope that's okay
    http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthrea...ll=1#post16199
    A terrific testimonial many thanks to Lynne, and thank you Owl for helping to spread the word on iodine. You are a terrific iodine disciple. BTW) We have a new shortened version of our Iodine References, "http://tinyurl.com/iodine-story"

@@Lynne
    Here is the link to that new thread for your new book:
    http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthrea...-iodine-Thread

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-03-2012 at 05:35 AM.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Hi Grizz,

Yea my wife likes me to fun around with the clity parts. And she denies a G spot too.

As to her prostate, I could just kiss her when we were younger and a flood of natural ky occured!

A VJJ is a curious thing for us men. We come out of one as a baby, and when we grow up we spend the rest of our lives trying to get back into another one...

t2t

P.S. Speaking of babies

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1946408#i
    Last edited by t2t; 06-03-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi Grizz,

Yea my wife likes me to fun around with the clity parts. And she denies a G spot too.

As to her prostate, I could just kiss her when we were younger and a flood of natural ky occured!

A VJJ is a curious thing for us men. We come out of one as a baby, and when we grow up we spend the rest of our lives trying to get back into another one...

t2t

P.S. Speaking of babies

A tad of iodine. at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1946408)
    At my urgings my daughter-in-law has been taking low drops of Iodine in her morning beverage, 5000 iu D3, 5 mg's k2, and spraying mag oil for over a year and she really likes the way it makes her feel, and I am sure the very young nursing Lea likes the way her mom's enriched milk makes her feel.
    A tad of iodine. at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1946408)
    I am very impressed with your supplement plans for your granddaughter. Great that she is getting natural mothers milk instead of formula. She will benefit greatly for the rest of her life. Studies have shown a 20 point boost in IQ when mother & baby take iodine supplements. So she is very likely to be a very smart little girl. You are a terrific Grandpaw !

Grizz

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    How do we go about fixing the system, at least in the iodine category. Who can we call to get direct action? I am eager to hear any and all ideas.
    It's an expensive and slow process, but if you're serious, here's what to do:

Find several hundred people who have a specific disorder (yes, iodine may be good for lots of things, but for now, concentrate on one single one that's easily defined and diagnosed, measurable, and preferably currently expensive to cure by standard methods).
    Decide how you will measure it (e.g. number of fibroids or cysts shown on ultrasound scans) and over what period of time (two weeks? six months? five years? Longer will give you clearer results but will mean it's a lot longer before you can start making a difference).
    Split the several hundred people into two groups, completely at random. Give one group iodine according to the protocol with all the co-factors and supplements. Give the other group dye according to the protocol with all the co-factors and supplements. Make it as easy as possible for them to follow (you might want to provide tablets at different strengths, for example, rather than expecting them to make up their own dilutions). Make sure you don't know who is in which group, and don't tell them, even if they eventually figure it out for themselves.
    Monitor all several hundred of them closely, taking note of any side-effects, and doing whatever scans or measurements you have decided to do to see how their disorder is getting on.
    When your period of time is finished, look at all your data and open the secret envelope that tells you who got the iodine, and see whether the people with the iodine did better. If they did, get a statistician to look at all your data and do a chi-squared test to give an indication of how likely it is that they did better just by chance.
    If you find that people with iodine did better and it wasn't likely to be by chance, congratulations! You have a result that doctors will be interested in. All you need to do is write about what you did (dwelling on how completely random the group assignment was, how you had no idea who was in which group, and how well you think they followed the protocol, as well as why you chose to do what you did) and how it came out. If you write it well enough, you will be able to submit it to a reputable medical journal for doctors to read. They'll send it back to you with questions; revise it to answer them as best you can (why did you choose this dose of selenium? what happened to people who gave up halfway through?); if you can do this well, your article will be published in the medical journal.
    Now there will be reliable information, in a medium that doctors can read and, most importantly, respect, about how good iodine is in curing whatever it was you looked at. For a start, now, patients can take this article to their doctors, and because it involves several hundred people and has a placebo control, doctors will be more likely to pay attention. Other researchers are also likely to pay attention and will run their own trials and publish their own papers. Once there are enough papers, someone will do a systematic review looking at the results of all the papers, and if this comes out saying that, on the whole, iodine is good for whateveritwas, then public health bodies will start recommending iodine for whateveritwas.
    Now choose another disorder, and do it all again.

Yes, it's slow, and very expensive (several hundred ultrasound scans?). But it's the only thing doctors will listen to. And rightly so. I could put up a webpage about how wonderful pigs' earwax is in treating a multitude of disorders, and make up all sorts of nonsense about it. And a doctor would dismiss it, because there was no evidence, even if I had dozens of people swearing blind that pigs' earwax did wonders for them. But a randomised controlled double-blinded trial – now that's evidence.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    It's an expensive and slow process, but if you're serious, here's what to do:

Find several hundred people who have a specific disorder (yes, iodine may be good for lots of things, but for now, concentrate on one single one that's easily defined and diagnosed, measurable, and preferably currently expensive to cure by standard methods).
    Decide how you will measure it (e.g. number of fibroids or cysts shown on ultrasound scans) and over what period of time (two weeks? six months? five years? Longer will give you clearer results but will mean it's a lot longer before you can start making a difference).
    Split the several hundred people into two groups, completely at random. Give one group iodine according to the protocol with all the co-factors and supplements. Give the other group dye according to the protocol with all the co-factors and supplements. Make it as easy as possible for them to follow (you might want to provide tablets at different strengths, for example, rather than expecting them to make up their own dilutions). Make sure you don't know who is in which group, and don't tell them, even if they eventually figure it out for themselves.
    Monitor all several hundred of them closely, taking note of any side-effects, and doing whatever scans or measurements you have decided to do to see how their disorder is getting on.
    When your period of time is finished, look at all your data and open the secret envelope that tells you who got the iodine, and see whether the people with the iodine did better. If they did, get a statistician to look at all your data and do a chi-squared test to give an indication of how likely it is that they did better just by chance.
    If you find that people with iodine did better and it wasn't likely to be by chance, congratulations! You have a result that doctors will be interested in. All you need to do is write about what you did (dwelling on how completely random the group assignment was, how you had no idea who was in which group, and how well you think they followed the protocol, as well as why you chose to do what you did) and how it came out. If you write it well enough, you will be able to submit it to a reputable medical journal for doctors to read. They'll send it back to you with questions; revise it to answer them as best you can (why did you choose this dose of selenium? what happened to people who gave up halfway through?); if you can do this well, your article will be published in the medical journal.
    Now there will be reliable information, in a medium that doctors can read and, most importantly, respect, about how good iodine is in curing whatever it was you looked at. For a start, now, patients can take this article to their doctors, and because it involves several hundred people and has a placebo control, doctors will be more likely to pay attention. Other researchers are also likely to pay attention and will run their own trials and publish their own papers. Once there are enough papers, someone will do a systematic review looking at the results of all the papers, and if this comes out saying that, on the whole, iodine is good for whateveritwas, then public health bodies will start recommending iodine for whateveritwas.
    Now choose another disorder, and do it all again.

Yes, it's slow, and very expensive (several hundred ultrasound scans?). But it's the only thing doctors will listen to. And rightly so. I could put up a webpage about how wonderful pigs' earwax is in treating a multitude of disorders, and make up all sorts of nonsense about it. And a doctor would dismiss it, because there was no evidence, even if I had dozens of people swearing blind that pigs' earwax did wonders for them. But a randomised controlled double-blinded trial – now that's evidence.
    orielwen,
    That is exactly the problem. No one is going to spend $$millions to sell a $15 bottle of iodine. If I had that kind of money I would certainly do it. Unfortunately, the best I can do with my budget is to accumulate as many testimonials with links that I can find. Maybe we can find a wealthy benefactor with enough testimonials to be convincing.

Lynne Farrow is publishing a book on the miracles of iodine, let us hope that she can attract some wealthy support willing to fund the required testing for the good of humanity. Doctors Brownstien & Abraham have already done limited testing of the type you describe.

PS) I don't see why we need to prove anything ! Iodine was the mainstay drug of choice for over 100 years, and performs SUPERIOR to "Modern Drugs" for many disease especially the major iodine deficiency disease of FBD, PCOS, Endo, Cysts & Hyopthyroid. IMO, the drug companies simply swept all of this history under the rug & whitewashed it all.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-03-2012 at 10:21 AM.

LynneF is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    Lynne - any thoughts on hormonal birth control (usually with estrogen)?
    I have a half-formed theory that the widespread usage of estrogen birth control may contribute to the rise in hypothyroidism through the increased excretion of iodine combined with the low ratio of iodine in modern foods...

I've used such birth control for10-12 years - and the first type was a slugger with unnecessary high levels of hormones.
    SMGJ,

My thoughts on birth crontrol pills are those with synthetic progestins suppress your body's own protective progesterone.
    And your thoughts are right. Lower progesterone keeps iodine from getting into the cells, thus the resultant hypothyroidism.

The estrogen isn't a problem. That revelation will come out during the next ten years because the evidence is already published, just not widely read. There are so many birth control pill formulas with different combinations that nobody has really studied them individually. Given the options tho, I wouldn't take them. And that birth control injection they give college girls, depo-provera, is the worst, even lowering IQs of subsequent children--probably because natural progesterone, the IQ raiser, has been suppressed by the shot.

I wish I knew this info years ago.

Lynne
    Last edited by LynneF; 06-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.

LynneF is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    t2t and Grizz,

By Jove, you've named it! The T2T method it is. The Grizz grapeseed oil formulation. I will add this to the FAQ part of the book, explaining the protocol and its origin.

Excellent job, guys! Let's get to work and make more history.

Lynne
    Last edited by LynneF; 06-03-2012 at 09:13 AM.