Page 270 of 415 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 270

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i see nothing about pcos itself
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

also, where have i said i'm against iodine?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Iodine and human nutrition. How much iodine do we need? What are the best sources? What happens if we don't get enough iodine?
    Iodine has been effective with hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions, goiter, fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, brain fog, constipation, obesity, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, and detoxification issues (mercury, perchlorate, fluoride, bromide).

Iodine is in every cell in the body and is essential in pregnancy. It is found in high levels in the thyroid gland, breast, ovaries, prostate, liver, lung, heart, stomach, and adrenal glands.

There is currently a great deal of research on iodine and cancer, including cancer of the breast, colon, lungs, ovaries, pancreas, prostate, stomach, and thyroid.

Some doctors are now using iodine in the treatment of children with down syndrome as well as autism with positive results.

If you an an Iodine Researcher, you may be interested in our subgroup, IodineResearch: IodineResearch : IodineResearch

About the owner: I am a 12 yr thyroid cancer survivor saved by iodine. Treated with 3 rounds of RAI and still had registering Tg markers. In 2006 when my markers rose my endo recommended external beam radition. I sought the help of Dr. David Brownstein - one of the pioneers in iodine. He placed me on 50 mgs of iodine, detoxed, balanced my hormones, switched me from Synthroid to Armour and started a nutritional balancing program. I removed 11 amalgams and a root canal tooth. Today I am feeling better than I have in years! I am a Naturopathic Doctor Health Coach too. Join us!

To your health!
    Stephanie
    iodine : Iodine
    I suggest you take ALL of your questions & comments on iodine over to Stephanie at the Yahoo Iodine Group.
    Grizz

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Okay okay you two, break it up.

Let's look at it this way:

Grizz sez: fill up with iodine to cure. Maintain with iodine to continue prevention.
    bloodorchid sez(?): Fill up with iodine to relieve symptoms. Maintain with iodine to continue relieving symptoms.

Six of one and half dozen of the other.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

grizz says: fill up with iodine to cure yourself of every illness

i say: blah blah blah

he says: you obviously have been doing it wrong

i say: oh no he di-ent

he says: you hate men

i say: ...what?

he's saying iodine will cure one of pcos if one takes enough. that is incorrect.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Well, my Co-Factors arrived today, and I took just 1/2 of one with food a few minutes ago. I feel the familiar prickle that niacin always gives me, plus increased sinus pressure, which is why I stopped hi-dose B vitamin in a pill long ago. If it doesn't get any worse, I may be able to stand adding these to my iodine protocol. By the way, I am up to 3 drops of 2% daily, with no symptoms I can attribute to iodine deficiency and detoxing. (Have had loads of symptoms for months prior to iodine.) I don't think I am as deficient as some, as I've drunk unfluoridated, unchlorinated well water for most of my life, spread kelp on gardens, fed kelp and Lugol's (from vet) to my animals, ate dulse for several years, like seafood, etc. I did, however, have a huge fibroid that eventually yielded to a hysterectomy, and now have heart failure problems. I don't expect a cure, but I do expect to feel better, or I'll cross another protocol off my to-do list.;-) Paysan

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    grizz says: fill up with iodine to cure yourself of every illness

i say: blah blah blah

he says: you obviously have been doing it wrong

i say: oh no he di-ent

he says: you hate men

i say: ...what?

he's saying iodine will cure one of pcos if one takes enough. that is incorrect.
    Have you tested your vanadium levels?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Paysan,

If you can't take 1/2 of an ATP Cofactors, I suggest taking 1/4 of a capsule and slowly titrate up over a few months. I've never had any flush from ATP Cofactors, and I don't know of anyone else. You are very lucky to have well water for most of your life. You must live near the sea to get so much kelp. Spreading kelp on your garden is a great way to get iodine into your veggies.

Grizz

LynneF is offline Member
    Blood Orchid,

In writing my book on iodine which I've researched for seven years, several people have emailed me who were diagnosed with PCOS and reported they had all symptoms resolve. Iodine affects the insulin receptors in some way which has a trickle down effect on PCOS. Please note that Iodine has been used medically for 200 years for many endocrine and neurological problems (as well as infections such as syphillis and TB.) My house is full of antique medical books and monographs as well as scientific studies detailing iodine's use. I was a sceptic in the beginning also.

Please keep an open mind and understand the passion of those of us who have found a truly powerful nutrient which was lost since the 1940s.

Lynne

again, where did i say i doubted the efficacy of iodine?

i take iodine

i also stay away from breads a great deal of the time

why? because when my symptoms appear to be gone. when my pcos appears to be healed, all i have to do is eat bread. white bread has the quickest effect, and the next day i will be covered in manly beard prickles

symptoms gone =/= illness cured

you still have pcos. pcos is largely based on insulin sensitivity. it's also known as/related to metabolic syndrome. syndrome X. there are many theories, but the basic conclusion, whether n=1 or reading medical journals, is that pcos can be traced to insulin sensitivity

you can say all day long that iodine will cure my nonexistant ovarian cysts, that does not mean the pcos itself is cured
    beautiful
    yeah you are