Page 267 of 415 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 267

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Grizz, the insurance idea wasn't really mine.

About five years ago I was sort of lobbying on Capitol Hill with an industry trade group. We weren't the paid lobbyist scum you see on the news, just small business employees asking for support for a bill. The bill would provide a tax credit if a business spent money to prevent materials from degrading.

We talked to the main staffer of one of the Senators. The staffer said: "It's a good bill, but you need more firepower behind it than small businesses showing up on the Hill. You should get the insurance industry involved. After all they are the ones who pay if the material degrades, so they are interested in prevention."

If it works for materials, it works for health...
    Do you know of an insurance company lobbyist? How would I go about finding such a person?

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    Nevermind! I just picked up a regular Fleet enema from the drug store and they do have a screw on top! Which means I can dump out what's in there and make it into an iodine enema. I'll assume that the recipe from Lugol's is for 2%, not 5%, and start with 1/4 tsp.
    Happy PaleoGirl,
    The article didn't say, but if it were me, I would start with 2% Lugols, see what happens, then move up the dosage as required. We are in uncharted waters and reinventing old techniques used 100 years ago. Please keep us informed. Lynne is especially interested in our experiments. We are at the forefront of iodine research ! I guarantee that the Drug Industry will try to squish us like a bug when they see what we are up to. They are in danger of losing hundreds of billions in revenue if we succeed. This is the reason I put in disclaimers in our material.

And don't mess around with your pretty face !
    I'm going to take Oxide's advice and try to enlist the Health Insurance Industry to back us up.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Internet Gems

Does Iodine Remove MOLES?
    ==========================

I painted a mole on my arm a week ago:

I MISSED you all SO much! AND...disappearing mole at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 838839)

When I've painted it, I could feel a sting & the sting seemed to be beneath the area as well as right on the surface. So I think the Lugol's sucked out the "bad stuff"

The area scabbed over so I left it alone for a few days and then painted it a few more times. This morning the scab dropped off, no more mole, just fresh new skin I also have sporadically painted another area close by for comparison purposes, no change in that area. I believe the lugol's only targets pre-cancerous or cancerous tissue OR facilitates toxin removal...
    Adios, funky mole! at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 842325)
    Also see the many replies
    That answers the question on moles!
    Grizz

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Indeed it does Grizz. And it looks like the little sting/tingle is a sign. I've felt it too.

Unfortunately, I have no connections to the insurance or lobby industry. I was just a scientist sitting in on the conversation at the time. Perhaps ask on CureZone if they know a way of getting the word out, instead of backslapping each other? Also, what about the iodine breast cancer group? How do they fund their research?

But I would be VERY careful. Iodine is a lot like primal, I suppose.* CW would dismiss iodine as quackery immediately. In order to believe, they have to free their minds, so to speak. It wouldn't surprise me if insurance companies are barraged all the time with claims of cure-alls, asking for money. Like, jumping straight to breast cancer is probably the wrong approach.

You have to open the mind first, get their attention with a teaser. For example, that's why I started with the smallest and easiest test: the mole removal experiment. I showed the little moles to my co-worker C, and told him I'd check back in a month. If this works on a mole, C will be intrigued enough to at least begin to believe the rest of it.

Everyone's got a mole, everyone can use a dropper. Everyone can feel a telltale tingle. And from what I can tell, painting doesn't give you same side effects as taking the iodine internally, so people are less likely to be turned off by detox. Cheap, easy, immediate signs of something happening, and short-term results which are DIRECTLY caused by the experiment. In any type of experimentation, this is HUGELY powerful. If your only argument is some vague "yeah well it will prevent x y z in the future" or "it raised my body temperature," well, who knows. It could be something else raising the temperature, or maybe you never would have gotten X Y Z anyway. Not convincing. But the causality here is so easy to prove.

I suppose a slam-dunk would be to find an insurance exec and convince him to do the mole paint test. No testimonial on a website will match a personal success story. If it works on him, you'd have a staunch advocate.

--------------
    *for matter of that, it makes me wonder if Mark, or Loren Cordain or William Davis or the others, ever tried to approach insurance companies with PB. Medicare especially would be interested. I read that 1 out of every 3 Medicare dollars is spent on diabetes. Wouldn't that be a huge government savings, if people would effectively go off wheat and onto iodine.
    Last edited by oxide; 05-31-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Oops sorry, should ahve answered this.

GCBC is Good Calories, Bad Calories. Gary Taubes' treatise analyzing decades of obesity research, and why it's all wrong. People may disagree with how he explains metabolism, but for taking down the crap that is low-fat CW, GCBC is unparalleled.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Important notice.
    ============
    This has been many weeks in setting up. We have just been given permission to download the latest version of the extremely valuable document, "The Iodine Guide" by Stephanie Buist, ND HC.

I suggest all members download this valuable document & print it out to keep in a safe place. Maybe mount it in a binder.

Grizz

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    I haven't found an accurate digital thermometer. I'm using my trusty old mercury one from the 60's, which is the gold standard. It isn't fast, but if you know about what your temp should be, you can shake it down to just below that, and it doesn't take too long.

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I haven't found an accurate digital thermometer. I'm using my trusty old mercury one from the 60's, which is the gold standard. It isn't fast, but if you know about what your temp should be, you can shake it down to just below that, and it doesn't take too long.
    I've had this model for 10 years, and that's pretty fast (usually 1-2 minutes) and accurate
    Digital Basal Body Thermometer (Centigrade) 2 Decimal places with FREE BASAL BODY CHART: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

The last year - 1,5 year I've used it twice a day and I still havn't needed to replace the battery (which is hidden under the pink cap).

Edit: I see that the thermometer has mixed reviews, but my one is accurate and on subsequent readings it will only deviate with max 0.05 C.
    Last edited by smgj; 06-01-2012 at 05:14 AM.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

jaye is offline Senior Member
    I finally have news to report on my endometriosis pain. Yesterday was day 6 of my cycle, my "pain day". I felt only mild twinges which I could easily relieve by relaxing my abdomen. In the past my pain was so bad that I could not even focus on light duty desk work. I would have to take hot baths or relax on the couch all day. Yesterday I felt good enough to take a long hike, check livestock - basically do all of my normal activities. Plus, I felt good enough to have sex on my "pain day." I don't think that has ever happened before!

Background: I have been eating strict primal with no dairy, alcohol, added sweeteners for almost exactly 9 months. I've been supplemeting iodine for about 3 months. My dose is now up to 4 drops of lugol's. I had detox symptoms in the beginning - acne, fatique, low mood, weird aches, chemical body odor. I'm past most of that now. Once in a while, I can still smell the bromide in my sweat.

Anyway, I just wanted to report. It's been a while and the last two cycles felt basically the same painwise. I did notice my blood was a different shade at the start of my period (detox?) the last 2 cycles. Also, my luteal phase shortened a bit. I'm thinking that's temporary.

I'm ecstatic!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    jaye,

Thank you so much for the feedback and reporting your success with Endometriosis! May I ask what your doctor said about your Endometriosis? I get the feeling that doctors have no clue about what to do, and I've heard that some doctors consider Endo to be incurable. Am I correct?

Are you also taking all the required supplements? Very important to protect your thyroid from damage & help with detox.
    Iodine Anyone? - Page 262 | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page 262

I'm ecstatic for you. Your story is an inspiration for all,
    Grizz