Page 266 of 415 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 266

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    John,
    I found this interesting iodine enema procedure:

We were talking about using the Fleet Enema bottle. I've never heard of a lot of mucous building up in the colon. Interesting.

Grizz
    Grizz, does it say what %age of Lugol's is used? I was actually thinking recently of ordering an enema bag or some kind of reusable bottle, but wasn't sure what would be the best solution mixture to use in it. I've heard great things about coffee enemas, and was thinking about an iodine enema, but wasn't sure about the amounts to put in the mixture. This is great information. I guess if it's based on 2% Lugol's, then I would use only 1/4 tsp of my 5% solution to start.
    The instructions say to empty out a Fleet Enema bottle, but as far as I know, the pre-made Fleet enemas are not something that you can open and, therefore, are not reusable. I was going to go perusing Amazon.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Lynne was curious about what Dr. Kruse said about getting iodine to where it does the most good for a woman the fastest way.
    Here are the Dr. Kruse references I saw. This one made a big impression on me.

I have found women are most at risk for poor absorption. One clinical finding I always ask about is the presence of fibrocystic breast disease. When it is present I immediately think the woman is likely suffering from an undiagnosed iodine deficiency. I distinctly remember in medical school seeing a woman’s fibrocystic disease cured in less than an hour by an ancient physician who taught us how to examine a women’s breasts. She had volunteered to be a guinea pig for us during our medical education, and on this day we could not examine her without making her scream and cry because her breasts were so tender to palpation. Our MD proctor was about 80 years old and he too was a volunteer helping us learn our craft. He stopped me from examining her breasts and asked her a few questions and then he asked us to leave the room. He applied Lugol’s solution to her vulva and her nipples and we were able to examine her without any pain a half hour later. It made a huge impression on me. He asked her if she was on any thyroid meds and if she had bad energy or weight gain. A lack of iodine was the source of her painful breasts. Her labs did not reveal any major issues when we saw her. I never forgot this lesson on the thyroid.
    WHAT ARE THE TOP TEN PALEO SUPPLEMENTS? - Jack Kruse
    All of that pain gone in only 1/2 hour? I said to myself, "A Miracle!"

I don't know if this is better than an iodine suppository inserted into the vagina or not. Don't forget to add a carrier oil to the iodine if you are going to repeatedly paint your skin. Iodine by itself WILL cause dermatitis if applied often enough.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-31-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Oxide,
    Wonderful progress. It is normal for the mole to swell up to double or more its original size. Then it will turn into a scab, begin to itch, and lastly fall off. When it falls off, there will be new skin underneath. This process takes several months.

Best to you
    Grizz
    I was wondering about using iodine for warts. I have a few small ones on my face that have been unresponsive to pretty much any other treatment. One I actually had burned off at the dermatologist last year, and it still ended up coming back. I've been able to keep them under control by using a mix of 3 supplements which greatly bolster the immune system, but I don't want to have to continue taking them forever.
    And I was also wondering if painting iodine on my face might help with my hyperpigmentation. But then I would have to paint ALL OVER my face. I figured clear iodine would be the way to go with that, were I to give it a try. However, considering I am still on a small dose of iodine, that type of painting on a daily basis might just be too much for my system to handle right now. And I'm afraid that it would make my skin terribly sensitive as well.

Thoughts?

SMGJ,

1) The Earth Shaking Discovery I have made is about the thyroid. This changes EVERYTHIG! There is MAGIC going on between the brain, the thyroid, the Hormones & the organs. There is no point in attempting to measure this complexity with TSH, T4, R3, Reverse T3, etc. because it is influenced by toxins in our body, mercury amalgams in your teeth, heavy metal poisoning, etc. There is only one thing that counts - BODY TEMPERATURE. Iodine going into the thyroid and body temperature coming out. PERIOD. It is that simple. If you are taking sufficient iodine, (and you are,) and your body temp is still low, then you are hypothyroid. This means your thyroid is damaged and needs Natural Thyroid Hormone (NTH) to get your body temp up to normal 98.3 F. Here is the key, too much NTH and your body temp goes ABOVE 98.3 and you begin Hyperthyroid. Reduce the NTH. Something else that can increase body temp is your damaged thyroid recovering. Many have reported the need to reduce NTH every month as their thyroid has recovered.
    See these 2 links
    How to measure your body temp.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post844257
    My temperature has been hanging out around the mid 97s. I'm going to start tracking it. I'm also going to buy a new thermometer to ensure that it's not just the device that's causing this reading.

Stephanie Buist, the owner of Yahoo Iodine Groups had to remove her mercury fillings AND her dental Root Canals to restore her health. She had a shocking story about root canals. NEVER DO IT because toxins build up under the tooth. She described the black sludge under her root canal. And she cautioned NEVER get mercury amalgam filling because mercury vapors are constantly gassing out of them ad contaminating the body. She had every one of her dental fillings replaced.
    Well, I've gotten rid of all of my mercury fillings! But I do have quite a few root canals. How does one go about removing root canals? Do you have to have the teeth pulled? If that is the case, I think I will hold off and see how my health does for awhile with everything that I'm currently doing for it!!

Ok, now that I've finally caught up with the thread, I wanted to provide an update.
    I'm currently on 1/2 a drop of 5% Lugol's a day, without any evidence of detox symptoms! I've been doing a 5 days on, 2 days off schedule, and increasing by 1 ounce of iodine water after each 7 days. 3 more weeks, and I'll be able to take a drop daily!
    I am taking all of the companion supplements. Since I am on such a low dose of iodine right now, I've dropped back on the B vitamins. Instead of taking 100mgs of B2 three times a day, I've been taking it twice a day. And instead of taking 500mgs of Niacin twice a day, I've been taking 250mgs twice a day.
    I have not been taking 1/2 tsp of salt in the mornings, although I do use good Himalayan pink salt liberally on my food.
    In general, I have been feeling great! Better than I have felt in a long time, actually. I am sleeping well without taking anything, and waking up refreshed for a change! I just feel naturally happy, calm and relaxed. It's wonderful.

In regards to fluoride, I just ordered a water filter that does not waste a lot of water to filter out the fluoride. It can be added onto my current water filter which filters everything BUT fluoride. Interestingly, I had to get a copy of my blood work from the beginning of this year (I'm going to be visiting a naturopath this Saturday and he requested a copy), and I saw that they had tested my chloride levels. And they were actually a little low! I am fine with that. It just goes to show that my current water filter is doing its job! If only there was a fluoride test on there!

I've recently come across the Klinghardt Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol for detoxing mercury from the body. I've ordered the cilantro oil and chlorella. In his protocol, I read the following:
    When mercury is removed, the body starts to more effectively eliminate all other neurotoxins, even if they are not addressed.
    This gives me hope that if I address my mercury toxicity, I will have an easier time getting rid of the bromides!
    If anyone is interested, his mercury detox protocol can be found here:
    9 Steps to Detox from Mercury Fillings - Klinghardt Protocol

I am excited about my appointment w/the naturopath this weekend. I read everything on his website, and he recommends a diet free from grains and sugar!! It's not full paleo, as he still does recommend eating legumes, but I think it's a great start! I am really hoping that he will be able to help me solve the bloating and hyperpigmentation issues. It just makes sense to me to see a naturopath at this point. I have spent SO many years trying to diagnose and fix myself, solely by trial and error. Naturopaths believe the same thing that I do, that we all do - that the body has the ability to heal itself. He just knows a lot more than I do (I hope!). Wish me luck.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Happy Paleo Girl,
    I am thrilled with your progress ! Best of luck to you with your new doc! If I ever need a doctor, it would be a naturopath! Thank you for that detox link !

John and I are looking at this reusable Fleet Bottle for a Prostate Enema. We were thinking just a little of iodine mixed with Grape Seed Oil: Looks ideal for your application.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post846660

My temperature has been hanging out around the mid 97s. I'm going to start tracking it. I'm also going to buy a new thermometer to ensure that it's not just the device that's causing this reading.
    Let me know which themometer you get. My digital takes 5 minutes to get an accurate reading. SUCKS. Temp 97 proves you are hypothyroid. You will need Natural Thyroid Hormone to get your temp up to 98.2. But continue taking your iodine because you have a chance of curing your damaged thyroid.

I was wondering about using iodine for warts. I have a few small ones on my face that have been unresponsive to pretty much any other treatment.
    YES ! Dr. Derry says that all skin blemishes can be eliminated with iodine, he did not say warts specifically, but looks like it is worth a try.
    Dr. Derry, " All pre-malignant lesions and many other oddities of the skin appear to respond to this regeneration process triggered by topical iodine. I have mentioned previously a patient with a biopsy-proven breast cancer lesion (she refused surgery because of previous cancer treatment) that was strongly fixed to the skin responding well to topical iodine and ended up being a dimple on the breast three year later. (6) "
    Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Disappearing Iodine Test

Also this:
    2/29/2009: Marie from South Bend, In replies: "I recently grew a filiform wart on my face right below my lip. I found information on the internet about using iodine on warts. since I take lugols solution(iodine/iodide) I started applying the lugols to the wart. within a week a large portion of the wart fell off. It took about 4 weeks for the whole thing to dissappear, but the iodine worked. From everything I have read and from my alternative doc, warts on the face should not be frozen."
    Wart Remedies

And I was also wondering if painting iodine on my face might help with my hyperpigmentation.
    LEAVE YOUR FACE ALONE ! You are drop dead gorgeous just the way you are.
    If you are going to repeatedly paint the skin, mix your iodine with a carrier oil, I recommend Grape Seed Oil.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-31-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Hello! I started to read this thread and realized that it was very long and full of information that would soon have my head swimming. As I am a slow reader and not very good at processing a lot of data, could anyone summarize this thread for me?

Preferably in 3 sentences of 5 words or less?

More than that and I begin to get confused. Thanks.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Finnegan,

Welcome to our group. You are correct. This is a very complex subject. Here is the bottom line. Every cell in our body requires iodine to be healthy. Unfortunately, we live in a SEA of toxins that strip iodine out right out of the cells in our body and replaces iodine with the toxin. Culprits are Bromide, Fluoride & Chlorine in our foods, water & drugs. These toxins hit women especially hard causing fibrocystic breast disease, PCOS, Endometriosis, Cysts & related cancers. Men suffer swollen prostate, reduced testosterone, erectile dysfunction, reduced sensitivity to the Glans, and increased risk of cancers. Bothe sexes suffer hypothyroid disease. 90% of Americans are severely iodine deficient and suffering various stages of hypothyroidism. 90% of American women are suffering various stages of Fibrocystic Breast disease.

See this new short references file:
    Iodine Anyone? - Page 262 | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page 262

Then read our BIG reference file here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-31-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    Grizz, does it say what %age of Lugol's is used? I was actually thinking recently of ordering an enema bag or some kind of reusable bottle, but wasn't sure what would be the best solution mixture to use in it. I've heard great things about coffee enemas, and was thinking about an iodine enema, but wasn't sure about the amounts to put in the mixture. This is great information. I guess if it's based on 2% Lugol's, then I would use only 1/4 tsp of my 5% solution to start.
    The instructions say to empty out a Fleet Enema bottle, but as far as I know, the pre-made Fleet enemas are not something that you can open and, therefore, are not reusable. I was going to go perusing Amazon.
    Nevermind! I just picked up a regular Fleet enema from the drug store and they do have a screw on top! Which means I can dump out what's in there and make it into an iodine enema. I'll assume that the recipe from Lugol's is for 2%, not 5%, and start with 1/4 tsp.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Grizz, the insurance idea wasn't really mine.

About five years ago I was sort of lobbying on Capitol Hill with an industry trade group. We weren't the paid lobbyist scum you see on the news, just small business employees asking for support for a bill. The bill would provide a tax credit if a business spent money to prevent materials from degrading.

We talked to the main staffer of one of the Senators. The staffer said: "It's a good bill, but you need more firepower behind it than small businesses showing up on the Hill. You should get the insurance industry involved. After all they are the ones who pay if the material degrades, so they are interested in prevention."

If it works for materials, it works for health...
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.