Page 265 of 415 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 265

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, maybe the medical industry stands to make a lot of money from treating all these cancers instead of curing them, but what about the health insurance industry who pays all the money? It's a lot quicker and cheaper to pay for $20 of salt, $100 of Lugol's and $1000 of vitamins than it is for all these drugs and appointments. Might be an angle for research money.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

LynneF is offline Member
    Grizz,

You asked about the best way for women to get iodine into the breasts, uterus, genitals. The medical studies show that getting iodine intravaginally so it contacts the cervix shoots iodine into the right places immediately. I get the feeling iodine goes where it's most needed.

Getting iodine to the cervix has been done in the last 30 years by Drs. Meyers and Wright by painting the cervix. This may be impractical for home use. Also, the doctors want to avoid having iodine contact the urethra where it could sting. Tho in old cases where the urinary plumbing was blocked, iodine was used to clear "strictures."

According to published medical studies, intravaginal progesterone suppositories have been long shown to be the most efficient way to get progesterone absorbed in the right spots. And progesterone is huge in enhancing iodine uptake. This was shown by researchers. So suppositories seem a practical strategy for those of us who are not graceful with a paint brush. I seem to remember some Curezoners freezing iodine with butter for suppositories.

There is no current official recipe other than the picture of the iodine suppositories that used to be for sale. Many iodine suppository regimens appear in 150 year-old medical books as "bougies." You can look it up.

London medical and surgical journal - Henry Renshaw, Michael Ryan - Google Books

the london medical nd srugical journal - michael ryan - Google Books

http://books.google.com/books?id=sWM...ougies&f=false

This information has been buried by modern medicine. Again, the convenient disposable suppository molds are about $7 for 100 online. Antique suppository molds are available on ebay if you are into the history of medicine.

Hope this nerdy stuff helps.

If anybody experiments, please report back!

Lynne
    Last edited by LynneF; 05-31-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Grizz, maybe the medical industry stands to make a lot of money from treating all these cancers instead of curing them, but what about the health insurance industry who pays all the money? It's a lot quicker and cheaper to pay for $20 of salt, $100 of Lugol's and $1000 of vitamins than it is for all these drugs and appointments. Might be an angle for research money.
    Oxide,

You hit on a Brilliant idea. We should promote a fight between Big Insurance & Big Pharma. If Big Insurance demands iodine therapy, they will get it. Why didn't I think of that ???

Big Kisses

Grizz

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Hi Smgj,

You might look into taking the thyroid med that Lizzy does. Stay away from Armour they changed formular in 2009 in a bad way! Stay with the iodine however small. the body needs it...

Re: Thyroid compound! EDIT: at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1944916)

Btw Grizz already posted the temp thing on this site which is absolutely awesome!!!

Re: Iodine, libido, weight loss, bone growth! at Iodine
    Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1944706)

be well,

t2t
    Thanks.
    I'm on Canadian Erfa (which has a lot more happy customers than Armour after the reformulation) and a small dose of levaxin (= Synthyroid).
    Now using iodine for 3 months has not altered my need for thyroid meds and seem neither to affect my thyroid panel (maybe a slight rise in TSH, but not any hypo symptoms). No alteration on my antibodies as far as we know. It'll be more exciting to follow now as my doc has found a new lab with a more sensitive test.

I'll not stop iodine supplementation unless anything happens that indicates that it is necessary. Since I'm here I strongly adhere to that iodine is necessary and for a large part lacking in the modern way of eating. BTW - I don't agree that my dose is small. It's only small compared to the rest of the members here - but I choose my way with my body and my ilness and still a lot of doc's find iodine supplementation contradictory to hashimoto's. I opted for a high start-dose and then a slight reduction to a "high-normal" level and that's where I am.
    I choose this in order to not increase my antibody activity. Other people, have other needs and must do another implementation of the protocol.

I do chart my temp as a means of surveying this illness and have done for nearly 2 years now....
    Last edited by smgj; 05-31-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    SMGJ,

1) The Earth Shaking Discovery I have made is about the thyroid. This changes EVERYTHIG! There is MAGIC going on between the brain, the thyroid, the Hormones & the organs. There is no point in attempting to measure this complexity with TSH, T4, R3, Reverse T3, etc. because it is influenced by toxins in our body, mercury amalgams in your teeth, heavy metal poisoning, etc. There is only one thing that counts - BODY TEMPERATURE. Iodine going into the thyroid and body temperature coming out. PERIOD. It is that simple. If you are taking sufficient iodine, (and you are,) and your body temp is still low, then you are hypothyroid. This means your thyroid is damaged and needs Natural Thyroid Hormone (NTH) to get your body temp up to normal 98.3 F. Here is the key, too much NTH and your body temp goes ABOVE 98.3 and you begin Hyperthyroid. Reduce the NTH. Something else that can increase body temp is your damaged thyroid recovering. Many have reported the need to reduce NTH every month as their thyroid has recovered.
    See these 2 links
    How to measure your body temp.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post844257

Stephanie Buist, the owner of Yahoo Iodine Groups had to remove her mercury fillings AND her dental Root Canals to restore her health. She had a shocking story about root canals. NEVER DO IT because toxins build up under the tooth. She described the black sludge under her root canal. And she cautioned NEVER get mercury amalgam filling because mercury vapors are constantly gassing out of them ad contaminating the body. She had every one of her dental fillings replaced.

2) On leaky gut, how do you know your leaky gut is not healed? How are you measuring it? Because you are a member of Marks Daily Apple, I'm certain you know all of this. The book, Wheat Belly by Cardiologist Dr. Wm Davis was a revelation to me. He went into detail about Leaky Gut. Bottom line, ALL GRAINS: wheat, oatmeal, rye etc contribute largely to leaky gut. Eliminate ALL grains and leaky gut gets healed.
    Some links for you from Dr. Davis
    As Dr. Davis says, Natural Thyroid Hormone is good Synthetic is BAD. Be sure you are on Natural Thyroid Hormone. Also reinforced by the Thyroid Madness Group: See ABOUT T4 MEDS AND NATURAL DESICCATED THYROID:

Hope this helps:
    Grizz
    Thanks for the links Grizz.
    1) I do temperature measurement mornings/evnings and it seems to be relatively stable. (36.8-37.2C) But regarding enough thyroid you must remember that it is possible to take too much without the temperature rising as the body may convert the fT3 to the inactive rT3 instead of using it. I actually had higher temperature (and at the same time more symptoms) on the Norwegian synthyroid… I believe that the synthetic t4 is worthless and just confuses the body and lowers the TSH without actually doing much…
    Luckily mercury is banned in Norway now - and I removed my last filling for 1.5 years ago. Re root canals – I have one, 5-7 years old. Which don't give me any trouble. I agree that it is necessary to choose dentist carefully. While my dentist still adheres to "fluoride is good for you" I shut my ears and use my fluoride free tooth powder without telling her. She is a very good dentist in other ways, and my teeth and gums actually do better with iodine and without fluoride… ..
    2) I know my gut is not healed because I still have symptoms. (Had candida + leaky gut after long use of painkillers + a couple of antibiotica cures – I live in a tick-area). I'm on a grain-free, 80% paleo diet and have been the last 1.5 year with good results. I still have some cheese and butter, but very little dairy of any other kind as I seem to be sensitive to larger amounts. And I'm trying to make my own fermented cabbage now. I got a batch from my Russian in-laws. That cabbage was delicious!
    Last edited by smgj; 05-31-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I agree that Wheat Belly is probably the most accessible of the primal/paleo books. GCBC is so detailed as to be unreadable, and admittedly, Mark's constant biology leptin/anti-nutrent lectures just glaze people's eyes over. Another accessible primal source is the movie Fathead.. It's basically the opposite of Supersize me. It's available for freeeeeee on hulu.com (90 minutes plus a few commericals). Just search for "fathead the movie" and it will come right up.

Or, you can do what I did -- I looked at all those pictures of Mark at the top of MDA, thought to myself: I'm not going to argue with a 57-year-old with a six-pack!, and said goodbye to wheat.
    Wheat Belly is very accessible, but I'd personally like a little bit more science, and a little less feeling. But... many people read it, understand it and goes grain-free with great results. And that's great!
    (And Dr. Davies has a lot of great recipies on his sites.)

FatHead is a "must-view" and I also regularly stops by Jimmy Moores pages. (And of course MDA.) Marks book is also an easy, understandable and intuitive read.

But - What is GCBC???

Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post

According to published medical studies, intravaginal progesterone suppositories have been long shown to be the most efficient way to get progesterone absorbed in the right spots. And progesterone is huge in enhancing iodine uptake. This was shown by researchers. So suppositories seem a practical strategy for those of us who are not graceful with a paint brush. I seem to remember some Curezoners freezing iodine with butter for suppositories.
    Lynne - any thoughts on hormonal birth control (usually with estrogen)?
    I have a half-formed theory that the widespread usage of estrogen birth control may contribute to the rise in hypothyroidism through the increased excretion of iodine combined with the low ratio of iodine in modern foods...

I've used such birth control for10-12 years - and the first type was a slugger with unnecessary high levels of hormones.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post
    Great news, DinoHunter!

Do you have any sonograms of your old fibroids by any chance?

Thanks, Lynne

I had an ultrasound done in May wich is when I was diagnosed with the 8cm fibroid (plus some more smaller ones) I dont have a copy of it though.
    But I will be going back in Sept (I think) to get a new scan & see the dr again, see what changes if any etc.

I just got back from my acupuncturist though & he thinks the Large Fibroid has gotten a bit smaller. He did say its hard to be sure as the appernt size can fluxuate with hormones (ie during that time of month, ovulation etc) but he did think it was smaller than before & the smaller one I said I can no longer find, he couldent ether
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

PS) Everyone, our tiny little group has achieved a major success!
    Our Iodine References has recently made it to Number One out of 5 million documents in a Google search for "Iodine References." It is being read 24/7 by multiple people, ranging from about 3 to 15 at one one time. I want to thank everyone for promoting this file to friends & relatives. Our group may be tiny, but we are having a very big impact. Women around the world suffering with nasty symptoms of severe iodine deficiency thank you. Maybe we can make Fibrocystic Breast Disease, PCOS, Endometriosis, hypothyroidism & Female Cysts a thing of the past before I die of old age!

PSS) Views of our thread have recently passed 95,000. Another good sign.

Grizz
    Grizz, this is great news!! Congratulations and kudos to you for all of your diligence and for getting the word about iodine out there!!

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    From the first night we installed the earthing sheet, my hubby's gasping for air (apnea) at night ameliorated so much that both of us rest better. I bought it for me; he gets the benefit. Typical. But after getting shocks from ungrounded electricity flowing through earth to stock watering tanks, I KNOW electrons (or something) do pass through earth's crust.
    Paysan, that's great news that your husband is experiencing such a wonderful benefit from the earthing sheet!! I have been using my earthing mat as much as I can. I sleep on it at night, and have it under my feet while I'm working during the day. It's been about a week now, and overall, I just feel better. I haven't noticed anything specific... just a calm, peaceful happiness, along with more energy.