Page 262 of 415 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 262

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Can I mix Lugols with DMSO for skin painting? I think one will get even better transdermal absorption.
    Francois,
    I just found this link about DMSO:

Well, you can tell from the posts below that the Lugol's will stain the nails. So SSKI is tailor-made since it's clear. We happened to get the DMSO from Dr. Wright's Tahoma Clinic Dispensary, but it's probably for sale other places as well. This is for 4 oz, but I noticed they had 16 oz for not many more dollars. Even so, the 4 oz lasts forever. As far as nail strength, his nails have always been able to turn screws, so I don't know how we'd tell

DMSO 99.9% 4 Fl.Oz. SUPPLEMENTS.

They also have a 70% version that's nice if you want to put it straight onto your skin to sooth an ache.

From Dr. Wright --

Fungus under the toenails (“onychomycosis”) is a difficult problem to treat. Even “conventional” anti-fungal drug treatment takes months to work, and (for safety) monthly liver function tests are necessary. SSKI and DMSO rubbed on, around, and under the affected toenails doesn’t work any faster, but it’s just as effective, and definitely safer. Make sure to wear old socks, because SSKI and other forms of iodine leave an orange-brown stain. (Other safe and effective alternatives include geranium oil, oregano oil, and tea tree oil. These and other anti-fungal oils also require “help” from DMSO to penetrate the toenail and soak the fungus underneath.)

Note -- When Dr. Wright says SSKI stains orange-brown, maybe he means their version of it which has saffron extract in it, I'm not sure. Otherwise, clear SSKI doesn't leave a stain, says my husband
    Re: Big toenail regrowth on iodine at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1944698)
    Is this what you had in mind?

Grizz

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the info post, Grizz. To be honest, this thread is sounding better and better each day.

I have a couple friends who have problems that may be helped by iodine. But it's pretty hard to convince them of this idea. I can't even get them off of wheat.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Oxide,

Thank you for the kudos. I think that this thread is sooo important that it is the solution to our National Health Tragedy. The National Iodine Deficiency is costing our health care system hundred of Billions a year in WASTED Dollars.

This entire story is so outrageous that it defies logic, no one could possibly believe that such a simple iodine deficiency can be causing such CHAOS in our female population and doctors pretend not to know? The Drug companies are exploiting these medical problems for every penny and pretend not to know? The media continues promoting "Healthy Grains" and "Heart Healthy" Quaker Oats, Cereals and yet we know these products destroy our health. If you don't know this, then read Dr. Davis book, "Wheat Belly." Advertising dollars control the message, and Food, INC and Big Pharma makes BILLIONS from the sickly backs of the population.

When I suggest friends suffering with terrible health problems give up bread & soda pop they think I'm crazy. And then I suggest they take iodine and they KNOW I'm a crazy loony. They didn't hear of this on Dr. Oz so it can't be true.

We are up against Big Pharma & Big Food who are making $Trillions world wide controlling the messages seen on TV. Lynne Farrow & I know the odds, but we persist in trying to get the message out. Lynne's forthcoming book should be a Blockbuster Hit, equal to Dr. Davis book, "Wheat Belly." She is doing everything right for her book. 3 Cheers for Linne's book.

Tell your friends to read the book Wheat Belly and give them this link to read.
    Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight
    If they still insist on eating bread & sucking up soda pop, then they are HOPELESSLY addicted. There is nothing we can do.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-29-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    A poem about Asthma Inhalers. Doctors treat symptoms, they don't attempt to cure the source.
    Symptom = Asthma? Fix = Inhaler, NEXT PATIENT ! Ka Ching, Ka Ching, Ka Ching.

Atrovent, Apovent, and Aerovent
    Ipratropium bromide inhaler (Atrovent, Atrovent HFA) Side Effects, Dosing - MedicineNet

SIDE EFFECTS: The most common side effects associated with ipratropium are dry mouth, cough, headache, nausea, dizziness, and difficulty breathing. Ipratropium can cause bronchospasms that can be life-threatening. It can also cause rash, itching, or serious allergic reactions involving closure of the airways. Because of its anticholinergic effect it may worsen symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (Prostate Problems) and narrow-angle glaucoma.

Not mentioned = Kicking iodine out of our bodies and making us severely iodine deficient and yet another cause for Hypothyroidism! Do you recognize the symptoms of Bromide Poisoning in Side Effects?
    Ohhh my dear Ipratropium bromide,

You went with me 10 years of my life.
    You were there to keep my airways open,

I didn't know what I should do without you,

You kept at least my airways open but
    You gave me nevertheless so much suffering,
    You destroyed my thyroid,
    You slowed my growth,
    You made me slow and apathetic,
    You made me dull and let my hair fail out,
    You gave me acne and rashes,
    You gave me so much depression and anxiety,
    You gave me shyness, social anxiety and lack of relationships.

Life cannot be easy with you...

Now I see you in the toilet, now I can smell you in the toilet, now you leave me forever because I don't need you anymore.
    Good Bye and thank you for all.

Hopefully we never meet again.
    Ohhhh my dear ipratropium bromide at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1921708)
    She is curing herself with iodine.

PS) Yours Truly just got the BSA Award (Best Message) over at CureZone:
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1944706#i
    Toot Toot

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-30-2012 at 12:27 AM.

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Grizz... and most antidepressants contains fluoride... What a sick, sick world we live in.
    FLUORIDE IN ANTI-DEPRESSANTS. "Do all SSRI's contain fluoride?" - Research.

I'd be sure to check the chemical formula before accepting ANY new medication...

Note: "fluoride medication" was used to reduce hyperhyroidism in the 30's and some time onward
    Fluoride medication for the liver, the thyroid, and against whooping cough
    Last edited by smgj; 05-30-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    Grizz... and most antidepressants contains fluoride... What a sick, sick world we live in.
    FLUORIDE IN ANTI-DEPRESSANTS. "Do all SSRI's contain fluoride?" - Research.

I'd be sure to check the chemical formula before accepting ANY new medication...

Note: "fluoride medication" was used to reduce hyperhyroidism in the 30's and some time onward
    Fluoride medication for the liver, the thyroid, and against whooping cough
    SMGJ,
    You are RIGHT ON !

The drug companies know EXACTLY what they are doing. They are growing their business exponentially by doing WHAAAT?
    They know exactly what Bromides, Fluorides & Chlorines do to our body. Yes, the drug companies even put chlorine into a majority of drugs.
    Chlorine chemistry is essential to the vast majority of top-selling pharmaceuticals. For consumers in the US and Canada, the net economic benefit of chlorine's role is estimated to be in the order of $450bn/year (€306bn/year).
    Chlorine plays key role in manufacture of drugs
    They pick on these 3 chemicals because they trick the body into thinking they are iodine to get past the cell & blood/brain barriers. Why don't they use iodine to get past the cell barriers????? Hmmm.

Our best course of action is to protect our health and not take ANY drugs. The wife & I take vitamins instead of drugs. We eat healthy whole foods instead of GMO grains, and junk foods.

I just found more Drug Company Horrors:
    Bisphosphonate drugs (Fosamax, Boniva, Actonel, and Zometa) were found to significantly increase the risk of atypical bone fractures the longer the drugs were taken. Shockingly, not only was the risk tremendously increased, it was found to be increased in a linear fashion.
    http://drdavidbrownstein.blogspot.com/
    Big Pharma pleaded guilty to having illegally promoting Vioxx for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis before it was approved for that use in 2002. Vioxx was withdrawn from the market in 2004 after it was found to cause heart attacks, strokes and death. Furthermore, Merck agreed to pay more than $600 million to the federal government, 43 states and the District of Columbia for a wider range of improprieties.

So, let me get this straight. Big Pharma Cartel member Merck & Co. just paid out $1 billion dollars for criminal activity. Do you think that is a lot of money? Merck doesn’t. Vioxx generated nearly $2.5 billion dollars in sales per year during the time it was on the market. Perhaps a billion dollar fine is considered ‘just part of doing business.’ But, ‘just doing business’ should not include tens of thousands of patients dying needlessly.

What were the consequences of Merck’s illegal activity? The FDA estimates that between 1999 and 2003, Vioxx may have contributed to more than 27,785 deaths. (MSNBC.com 10.6.2004). Other estimates place the number of deaths from Vioxx at 55,000. Furthermore, it is thought that over 100,000 patients suffered a stroke or heart attack after taking Vioxx.

Let’s think about this. This was an FDA-approved drug that caused nearly 20x more deaths than al-Qaeda did on 9.11.11. The only doctors cautioning against the use of Vioxx and other Cox-2 inhibitors were the holistic doctors who actually studied the Cox-2 inhibitors mechanism of action. The doctors that actually understood how Cox-2 inhibitors worked were predicting that the use of Cox-2 inhibiting drugs (e.g., Vioxx and Celebrex) would cause an increase in blood clots, strokes and heart attacks. So why couldn’t the FDA look at this information? Why did it take the FDA so long to remove Vioxx from the marketplace?

We all know the answer. The FDA does not work for us. It is funded, in large part, from the Big Pharma Cartel. FDA cannot upset Big Pharma too much or its funding would be in jeopardy. Furthermore, there is a revolving door between working at the FDA and accepting a job at the Big Pharma Cartel.

What can you do? Number one, adopt a holistic lifestyle of eating a healthy diet, drinking water and exercising in order to achieve your optimal health and minimize your risk of having to be prescribed an FDA-approved medication.
    http://drdavidbrownstein.blogspot.com/
    SEE? This is what I have been saying all along. Its all about money.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-30-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Francois is offline Junior Member

DMSO and iodine

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    francois ,
    I don't know anything about DMSO. What is it? Why would you want to do that?
    Here are some links from CureZone in that subject.
    See if you can find a good answer in these links, then post it for the rest of us. Does anyone know about DMSO?

Grizz
    DMSO is very helpful for inflammatory conditions - arthritis, prostate, gout etc. I had excellent results for gout. DMSO has also been used to increase transdermal absorption drastically but is not approved by the FDA. Google DMSO and Stanley Jacobs to read more about this amazing product. When I rub DMSO on my feet, I can taste the DMSO within 15minutes in my mouth. It eases inflammation within a hour or so. DMSO is 'dangerous' in the sense that it is a solvent and can apparently carry almost anything with it into your body. However, it also seems that DMSO is one of those products that would not benefit big pharma and it will never be approved for general human use ( It is approved for intersistial cystitis). Veterinarians however are free to use it on animals.

I was just thinking that using DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) together with iodine can ensure even better and faster transdermal uptake of iodine whist the DMSO will also benefit the prostate.

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Chloride is a somewhat separate case as it is indeed also needed by the body. So of the bunch of halides I'd think that it's the least evil and the one that the body is most capable of handling safely.

But I'd still mostly stay out of the chlorinated pools!
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    IODINE REMEDIES BOOKLET
    ====================

http://www.jcrows.com/MaryJoFahey_Io...FromTheSea.pdf

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    Chloride is a somewhat separate case as it is indeed also needed by the body. So of the bunch of halides I'd think that it's the least evil and the one that the body is most capable of handling safely.

But I'd still mostly stay out of the chlorinated pools!
    SMGJ,

How is your health since starting on iodine? What is your daily dose of iodine lately?

Grizz