Page 259 of 415 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 259

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Grizz, thanks for the vitamin B tip! Your original posts about the supplements to take did NOT list how much B2 and B3 were needed, so I didn’t know what I was supposed to get, or if Optimox was the only brand available. Instead, I bought Country Life CoEnzyme B-complex caps:

50 mg thiamin (B1)
    50 mg riboflavin (B2)
    100 mg Niacin (is this B3?)
    80 mg B6
    800 mcg folic acid
    500 mcg B12
    200 mcg biotin
    50 mg panthenoic acid

So it has the vitamins, just not enough. It was probably forumlated for vegetarian needs. I use the bottle I have during the supplement ramp up, then get the stuff from Amazon.

Owl, thanks for the tip on magnesium. I was afraid of the magnesium because of the laxative effect, but I bought the buffered glycinate, so hopefully it won’t be a problem.

Again, does it have to be Celtic sea salt? I found French Sea salt, salt from the marshes of Spain, salt from California (cerulean seas), Himalayan pink salt, Hawaiian black salt, “grey salt”, Real Salt from Utah, and other salts. Are these okay to use as long as I avoid plain table salt?
    Oxide,
    Any sea salt that has color is fine. Anything that is pure white is unacceptable. because it has been stripped of minerals.
    Himalayan, hawaiian, Utah is A-OK.

Everything you need to know is in this file:
    Please do examine it:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

Kal-El is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for providing those links Grizz . If I "paint" iodine on my testes and perineum area does the iodine go into my entire blood stream? Or just in that general area? If I'm taking the Iodoral and also use iodine drops to rub on for my prostate would that be too much iodine for my body ?

After taking Iodoral I've also noticed a lot of muscle tightness and muscle aches in my shoulders,neck, and back. I'm assuming that is the toxins and bromide going into my muscle tissue ? So the salt flush is supposed to help with that ? I have selenium pills as well so I'm taking 200mcg when I take the Iodoral. I know there are other supplements I need to take as well, I was wondering can I just take a centrum silver vitamin pill? It has so much stuff in it , would that be ok ?

Do u think the suppositories would be more effective on treating the prostate then the painting method?

Also see the chapter on Prostate in the References File:

Grizz[/QUOTE]

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    I have selenium pills as well so I'm taking 200mcg when I take the Iodoral. I know there are other supplements I need to take as well, I was wondering can I just take a centrum silver vitamin pill? It has so much stuff in it , would that be ok ?
    Centrum Silver does Not contain Adequate amounts of the things you need to take with the iodine.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Grizz is offline Banned
    Thank you for providing those links Grizz . If I "paint" iodine on my testes and perineum area does the iodine go into my entire blood stream? Or just in that general area? If I'm taking the Iodoral and also use iodine drops to rub on for my prostate would that be too much iodine for my body ?

After taking Iodoral I've also noticed a lot of muscle tightness and muscle aches in my shoulders,neck, and back. I'm assuming that is the toxins and bromide going into my muscle tissue ? So the salt flush is supposed to help with that ? I have selenium pills as well so I'm taking 200mcg when I take the Iodoral. I know there are other supplements I need to take as well, I was wondering can I just take a centrum silver vitamin pill? It has so much stuff in it , would that be ok ?

Do u think the suppositories would be more effective on treating the prostate then the painting method?

Also see the chapter on Prostate in the References File:

Grizz
    Thank you, Dino. Listen to what Dino has said.

You are not following the instructions in Iodine References and you WILL suffer NASTY detox sickness from taking too much iodine too soon and not taking the required supplements, forcing too many toxins into your bloodstream. Your liver & kidneys can't handle too many toxins at one time. We have been through this over & over with other Eager Beavers, so trust what we are saying.

STOP taking iodine and follow the instructions in Iodine References: Instructions are very specific on which supplements to take and how to start taking iodine. Painting the testicles gets iodine into the Prostate sooner but you should not paint your testicles until you are taking the required supplements and have properly started titrating iodine.

Any other advice for Kal-El?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-28-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Kal-El,

Here is the list of symptoms you can expect for not following directions:
    ==============================================
    DETOX SYMPTOMS LIST
    aches in leg, hip, joints, sinus,
    acne, without "coniform." (zinc helps)
    angiomas, cherry See Note2,
    anxiety, emotionality, lethargy, irritability
    bloat or weight gain See note1 below,
    brain fog - weird 'head-rush-'whoosh & gone)
    breast tenderness,
    constipation
    dark thoughts ( there is no reason to live),
    depression (e.g., there is no reason to get out of bed)
    diarrhea, runny stools,
    dream changes
    hair loss,
    headache & feel hollow headed
    hormone changes,
    itching
    metallic taste,
    mouth and tongue sores and cuts or "sore mouth"
    mouth dry,
    nose, runny
    odors, body (bromos is Greek for stench),
    pains in kidney (lower back) or liver (right ribs)
    rash (bromaderma),
    salivation increased
    skin "cuts",
    strange feeling just under skin.
    sedation,
    spotting
    swallowing odd sensations (reported as "swollen glottis")
    twitching eye & foot,
    tingling in hands or feet, “random burning hot" experience,
    uretheral spasm,
    urination frequency (mistaken for urinary infection)
    urine unusual urine odor,
    veins-some substance pumping through veins, making it impossible to sleep,
    vision changes

Cherry Angiomas are worst of all. They are PERMANENENT bright red moles that require surgery to get rid of. You do not want a face full of Cherry Angiomas.
    So please do yourself a favor and follow directions in the Iodine References

Study these photos:
    * Bromoderma
    * Fluoroderma
    * Cherry Angiomas

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-28-2012 at 07:40 AM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, your google page and tiny-url page either doesn't load, or it locks up my internet, both at work and at home. If it's the same text you posted in the first few pages of this thread, I have it printed already, along with your other document of Primal research.

I guess if you want to get the word out better, you could simply start a little webpage of your own with summaries and links, and blog entries for new findings. Also, I think it would help if you used fewer "!!!!1!" Very loud design makes it too easy for people to think you're an internet crackpot.

Thanks for the salt advice! For my eggs, I mixed some dulse flakes with gray salt, but I think I'll try it with the pink salt.

Last evening I dripped some Lugol's on a scratch that I had gotten in the yard. A couple hours later, I noticed what somebody else (owl?) had noticed. I felt a slight pressure in my throat and felt a little shaky. I immediately mixed some salt into a cup of water and drank it and went to be, and slept well. I'm fine now, but I wonder if I had taken in a little too much iodine yesterday. I didn't have that when I was eating kombu kep every other day. Maybe it was something else.

Something else that might be helpful is a specific suggested protocol for the supplements. For example, my B-vitamins say to take it an hour before or two hours after a meal. Someone here said to take the magnesium before bed. Can I mix the iodine into the salt flush water and use that same liquid to take the vitamins? Does it have to be with a meal? And those are hefty supplements -- thousands of % of RDA. Should we ramp those up first? And would it help to start the supplements several weeks before the iodine?

Here's what I'm going to try:

Breakfast: berry smoothie with Vitamin C crystals and a couple Vitamin D drops mixed in + two eggs sprinkled with salt and dulse flake + two Brazil nuts + paint moles with Lugol's
    Mid-morning: cup of tea to take B-vitamins. Start with one capsule, work up to two.
    Evening: magnesium with supper. Start with one capsule (200 mg), work up to two capsules.
    I'll have to mix the salt flush in there somewhere. Suggestions?

And Grizz, you yourself have been doing this for six months or so. What does yourregular (not the testicle) paint test look like? 24 hours? Once you get to that point, do you still take the supplements, or it is enough to maintain with a little seaweed?

Dinner: cup of tea to take magnesium
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I'm going to make up a Message Post for members who can't load the "Iodine References."

I'll give you the link as soon as it is made. Or you will see it when I post it.

I take half of my supplements before breakfast and the other half right after dinner. I save the magnesium for evening because it helps me sleep.

You are in luck, I just painted my wrist this morning with 5% Lugols. When I started in Jan, it disappeared in 3 minutes !
    May 1st it lasted 7 hours. I have been at 50mg iodoral since May1st, so I expect today's skin patch to last for more than 7 hours.

A web site to get the word out would be no better than this message board. The only thing that will reach MILLIONS of women is email chains, facebook, books, and magazine articles. Make some money for yourself and write a bunch of magazine articles on iodine. We need to reach 100 million+ women.

Grizz

Kal-El is offline Junior Member
    Grizz,
    Since I'm really just concerned with my prostate would it be better and more "safe" if I just did did the iodine painting ? Instead of taking Iodoral ?

Also I wanted to mention that I notice the same prostate swelling and bladder irritation if i take zinc supp. Just like Iodoral, if I randomly take a zinc pill( 50mg) my prostate wil feel a lot of relief . But if I continue taking it consitently my prostate will start swelling up alot, and bladder discomfort . Iodoral and zinc are really the only two things I've tried that has worked tremendously in short time , but unfortunately the healing effects don't last when taking constantly.

Right now I can feel more prostate swelling and discomfort than I did on Sat. I took the Iodoral fri night and Sat I felt pretty good , prostate felt good and it felt like I could get a good erection. I took more Iodoral yesterday and today I woke up feeling more prostate swelling. Ughh it's so frustrating i wish it could just keep working. But should I just do the iodine painting then?

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post

Last evening I dripped some Lugol's on a scratch that I had gotten in the yard. A couple hours later, I noticed what somebody else (owl?) had noticed. I felt a slight pressure in my throat and felt a little shaky. I immediately mixed some salt into a cup of water and drank it and went to be, and slept well. I'm fine now, but I wonder if I had taken in a little too much iodine yesterday. I didn't have that when I was eating kombu kep every other day. Maybe it was something else.

Something else that might be helpful is a specific suggested protocol for the supplements. For example, my B-vitamins say to take it an hour before or two hours after a meal. Someone here said to take the magnesium before bed. Can I mix the iodine into the salt flush water and use that same liquid to take the vitamins? Does it have to be with a meal? And those are hefty supplements -- thousands of % of RDA. Should we ramp those up first? And would it help to start the supplements several weeks before the iodine?

Here's what I'm going to try:

Breakfast: berry smoothie with Vitamin C crystals and a couple Vitamin D drops mixed in + two eggs sprinkled with salt and dulse flake + two Brazil nuts + paint moles with Lugol's
    Mid-morning: cup of tea to take B-vitamins. Start with one capsule, work up to two.
    Evening: magnesium with supper. Start with one capsule (200 mg), work up to two capsules.
    I'll have to mix the salt flush in there somewhere. Suggestions?
    Dinner: cup of tea to take magnesium
    I did have the tightness in my throat, I just dropped down the Iodoral dose the next day and had no more problems.

Magnesium works best on an empty stomach. So just take the whole dose at night. I take all of my other supplements right after breakfast, but magnesium I take about 2 hours before bedtime. I am on Dr. Kruse's post leptin reset plan, so I don't snack after dinner.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Grizz,
    Since I'm really just concerned with my prostate would it be better and more "safe" if I just did did the iodine painting ? Instead of taking Iodoral ?

Also I wanted to mention that I notice the same prostate swelling and bladder irritation if i take zinc supp. Just like Iodoral, if I randomly take a zinc pill( 50mg) my prostate wil feel a lot of relief . But if I continue taking it consitently my prostate will start swelling up alot, and bladder discomfort . Iodoral and zinc are really the only two things I've tried that has worked tremendously in short time , but unfortunately the healing effects don't last when taking constantly.

Right now I can feel more prostate swelling and discomfort than I did on Sat. I took the Iodoral fri night and Sat I felt pretty good , prostate felt good and it felt like I could get a good erection. I took more Iodoral yesterday and today I woke up feeling more prostate swelling. Ughh it's so frustrating i wish it could just keep working. But should I just do the iodine painting then?
    The Iodoral and zinc are what you need, but you're taking too much of them to start. That's why one dose helps, but take it the next day, and it's too much. The Iodoral tablets are 12.5mg, and that's too much to start with everyday. I started with 1/2 of one, although Grizz likes to start people with way less. So try 1/2 of one, and take it every other day. See how that feels.

The problem with only painting the iodine on is that you can't control the dose you're getting. It doesn't all go into your system, some is evaporated. Your entire body needs iodine, and eventually you're going to need to kick out the bromides and fluorides that are causing your detoxing discomfort. So while the painting is good, and gets more directly to the area you want to treat, you will need to take Lugols or Iodoral if you want your entire body to be fully replete with iodine.