Page 256 of 415 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 256

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    You are likely taking too much iodine to start, you must begin with 1/4 mg and are you taking the required supplements?
    If you are not taking ALL of the required supplements, then DO NOT TAKE IODINE AT ALL.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Grizz,
    I have read that strokes can be tied to low testosterone. Since the testosterone is linked to a healthy prostrate, I wonder if I would have had my stroke if I was iodine sufficient?

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    John,

I am finding out so much lately that my head is spinning. It all comes from the thyroid and iodine. There is an extremely complex link between the thyroid, testosterone, the testicles, thyroid hormone (TSH), T4, T3, cholesterol, and heart disease. At the heart of this extremely complex chain is iodine and the MAJOR toxins of fluoride in our drinking water and Bromides used in our food.
    The link in my next post explains everything in relatively simple terms.

My next post is an eye-opener, and explains a lot. We are all victims of the greedy bastards responsible for putting Fluoride Poisoning in our water, Bromide Poisoning in our Bread and other foods and chlorine in our drugs. These people are more evil than Hitler, and are so intensely greedy they don't give a damn about public health. There is NO DOUBT in my mind right now that there is an EVIL CONSPIRACY to make the public sickly to maximize profits!

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    TOXIC CHEMICALS IN OUR WATER SUPPLY
    ======================================

Fluorine, [and also chlorine + Bromide] being a halogen, and chemically related to iodine but very much more active, displaces iodine, so the uptake of iodine is compromised by the replacement of the iodine by fluorine. To condemn an entire population, already having marginal levels of iodine, to inevitable progressive failure of their thyroid system by fluoridating the water, borders on criminal lunacy. Out of the over 150 symptoms and associations of hypothyroidism, almost all are also symptoms of fluoride poisoning.

In concentrations as low as 1ppm, fluorides damage the thyroid system on 4 levels:

1. The enzyme manufacture of thyroid hormones within the thyroid gland itself. The process by which iodine is attached to the amino acid tyrosine and converted to the two significant thyroid hormones, thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), is slowed.

2. The stimulation of certain of the G proteins whose function is to govern uptake of substances into each of the cells of the body, from the toxic effect of fluoride, has the effect of switching off the uptake into the cell of the active thyroid hormone.

3. The thyroid control mechanism is compromised. The thyroid stimulating hormone output from the pituitary gland is inhibited by fluoride, thus reducing thyroid output of thyroid hormones.

4. Fluoride competes for the receptor sites on the thyroid gland which respond to the thyroid stimulating hormone; so that less of this hormone reaches the thyroid gland and so less thyroid hormone is manufactured.

These damaging effects, all of which occur with small concentrations of fluoride, have obvious and easily identifiable effects on thyroid status. The running down of thyroid hormone means a slow slide into hypothyroidism. Already the incidence of hypothyroidism is increasing as a result of other environmental toxins and pollution together with wide spread nutritional deficiencies. [Bromide in bread & food, Chlorine in pesticides, shots, & drugs]

The distortion of protein structure from fluoride causes the immune proteins to fail to recognize body proteins, and so instigate an attack on them, which is Autoimmune Disease. Autoimmune diseases constitute a body of disease processes troubling many thousands of people: R/A, SLE, Asthma, Systemic Sclerosis are examples. Thyroid antibodies will be produced which will cause thyroiditis resulting in the common hypothyroid disease, Hashimoto's Disease and the hyperthyroidism of Graves' Disease.

Hypothyroidism
    Hypothyroidism occurs at all ages. Hypothyroidism has been estimated to affect as many as 90% of people in the United States, 90% of which are women. In children, mild deficiency may be the cause of behavior problems, or of a mild degree of mental slowness, which often is not abnormal enough to be given much consideration. In children of this type startling results occasionally follow the administration of small doses of thyroid extract. At puberty and in the early teens diminished endurance and a tendency to anemia, nervous disorders, problems with menstrual cycles or digestive disturbances often are explained by a mild degree of hypothyroidism. Extreme physical and nervous exhaustion in young adults, the depressions of middle life, and aggravated symptoms of menopause may be partially explained on the basis of low thyroid. Late symptoms which simulate senile changes frequently are distinctly improved by the administraion of thyroid extract or iodine supplementation. Undiagnosed thyroid problems can be behind many unidentified symptoms of fatigue, many recurring illnesses, and non-responsive health problems.

The body systems affected by this disorder are quite variable. A lack of thyroid hormones leads to a general decrease in the rate of utilization of fat, protein, and carbohydrate. Moderate weight gain combined with sensitivity to cold weather (cold hands and feet) is a common finding. Cholesterol and triglyceride levels are increase in even the mildest forms of hypothyroidism. This elevation greatly increases the risk of serious cardiovascular disease. Studies have shown an increased rate of heart disease due to atherosclerosis in individuals with hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism also leads to increases in capillary permeability and slow lymphatic drainage. Often this will result in swelling of tissues (edema). Circulation symptoms are referred chiefly to the heart and are caused by myocardial degeneration. Hypothyroidism predisposes to premature arteriosclerosis. Hypothyroidism can also cause hypertension, reduce the function of the heart and reduce heart rate. Nervous disorders, such as headaches, neurasthenia, mild psychic disturbances, especially affective disorders (depression), fears, anxieties, poor memory, and difficult concentration are frequently seen. Gastrointestinal symptoms are extremely common, including anorexia, distress after eating, belching of gas, vomiting, obstinate constipation, and occasional diarrhea.

A variety of hormonal symptoms can exist in hypothyroidism. Perhaps the most common is a loss of libido (sexual drive) in men and menstrual abnormalities in women. Women with mild hypothyroidism have prolonged and heavy menstrual bleeding, with a shorter menstrual cycle. Every type of disturbance may be seen from amenorrhea (no period), to profuse menorrhagia (heavy bleeding), especially at menopause. Infertility may also be a problem. If the hypothyroid woman does become pregnant, miscarriages, premature deliveries, and stillbirths are common. Rarely does a pregnancy terminate in normal labor and delivery in the overtly hypothyroid woman. Muscle weakness and joint stiffness are predominate features of hypothyroidism. Some individuals with hypothyroidism may also experience muscle and joint pain, and tenderness. Dry, rough skin covered with fine superficial scales is seen in most hypothyroid individuals while the hair is course, dry, and brittle. Hair loss can be quite severe. The nails become thin and brittle and typically show transverse grooves. The brain appears to be quite sensitive to low levels of thyroid hormone. Depression along with weakness and fatigue are usually the first symptoms of hypothyroidism. Later, the hypothyroid individual will have difficulty concentrating and be extremely forgetful.

Frequently, blood tests of hormone levels are normal, but basal body temperature is abnormally low. Shortness of breath, constipation, and impaired kidney function are some of the other common features of hypothyroidism. This condition is often associated with Wilson's syndrome, physical and emotional stress, and Hashimoto's disease. Fortunately, cretinism and myxedema, the extreme forms of hypothyroidism, are relatively rare. Occipital-cervical aching with radiation to the shoulders or intrascapular area is common. Also rheumatoid pains may occur in various joints and parts of the body without evidence of inflammation. Blood cholesterol is often elevated. If the cholesterol is elevated, it is a presumptive diagnosis of hypothyroidism. All of these symptoms have been treated with thyroid extract and iodine supplementation successfully. The only reliable diagnostic tests worth doing are the basal metabolic rate, saliva test, and serum cholesterol.

Cretinism
    Cretinism is a condition found in infants and children resulting from a deficiency of thyroid hormone during fetal or early life.

There is MORE in this masterpiece file:
    The Thyroid Gland

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-27-2012 at 08:04 AM.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    I know iodine is supposed to help with pcos, but what about other ovarian cysts? I currently have a large haemorrhagic cyst on my ovary that isn't going down as fast as I'd like. Would adding iodine to my diet help with this?

Grizz: never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence. The fact is that children growing up in areas with high water fluoride tend to have less dental caries. That will be all the policy-makers see. No need for any great conspiracy theories.

LynneF is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    I know iodine is supposed to help with pcos, but what about other ovarian cysts? I currently have a large haemorrhagic cyst on my ovary that isn't going down as fast as I'd like. Would adding iodine to my diet help with this?
    Orielwen,

In compiling iodine success stories for my book, several people reported PCOS symptoms resolving as well as ordinary ovarian cysts. Reports of fibroids resolving also came in. One of the modulating aspects of iodine on PCOS may have to do with its effect on insulin.

Hope this helps. Be sure to do the whole protocol if you try iodine. Please report back after a few months with your results.

Lynne

Grizz is offline Banned
    WHY Iodine Excretion in the Urine is required
    ===============================

Iodine has an unusual excretion pattern in the urine. There are no reabsorption mechanisms or preservation mechanisms in the urinary tract to keep this element from excretion in the urine and hence loss from the body. Iodine is the trigger mechanism for apoptosis and it is imperative that a constant source of iodine in the urine be available. If the body was capable, and it is not, of holding the iodine inside and therefore allowing urine with no iodine to flow through the renal system, then the renal system would be deprived of iodine. This would immediately lead to abnormal cells and [renal system] cancer. The Western diet contains nowhere near the levels of iodine needed to saturate the thyroid [and then get into the urine]. An increase of at least 10 times would be helpful, but more effective would be levels that are comparable to the Japanese, having the highest daily intake of iodine [12.5mg daily] and the lowest rates of cancer in the world.

So we are talking about kidney cancers, bladder cancers & urethra cancers, all of which require iodine in the urine to prevent. Iodine does kill cancer cells via apoptosis. We need to take a LOT of extra iodine to get iodine into the urine. If someone has kidney or bladder cancer, then that person is simply iodine deficient and likely to be hypothyroid. This all makes perfect sense.

Bladder Cancer Symptoms:
    Bladder Cancer Symptoms: Early and Advanced Cancer Symptoms

Kidney Cancer Symptoms:
    Kidney Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - What are kidney cancer symptoms and signs? on MedicineNet

Urethal Cancer Symptoms:
    http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disord...al_cancer.aspx

Yet another gem from this fantastic file, much more here:
    The Thyroid Gland

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-27-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    Grizz: never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence. The fact is that children growing up in areas with high water fluoride tend to have less dental caries. That will be all the policy-makers see. No need for any great conspiracy theories.
    You are brainwashed about fluoride and the Big Lie that it helps teeth.
    In actual fact, the opposite is true. What you are saying is part of the Big Lie. Children growing up with fluoridated water suffer from MORE cavities because of Fluorosis of the teeth. Fluoride strips enamel from the teeth making more cavities likely. Do a google search of Fluorosis teeth to prove this for yourself.

Photos of Fluorosis of teeth.

More on Dental Fluorosis
    http://www.fluoridealert.org/dental-fluorosis.htm

We are surrounded by propaganda every day of the week designed to brainwash us. We use toothpaste that is fluoride free, and very difficult to find. Every major brand of toothpaste in the store is poisoned with fluoride. They are also taking iodine out of the salt. See if you can find iodized salt in the store. The odds are that the salt you find is mostly NOT iodized. (Sea Salt has NO iodine in it- the iodine & other minerals have been stripped out)

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-26-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    You are brainwashed
    That's hardly a good way to attract people to your argument.

In actual fact, the opposite is true. What you are saying is part of the Big Lie. Children growing up with fluoridated water suffer from MORE cavities because of Fluorosis of the teeth. Fluoride strips enamel from the teeth making more cavities likely. Do a google search of Fluorosis teeth to prove this for yourself.
    Even granted that fluorosis increases the risk of caries (and I see no reason to disbelieve you on this), that still doesn't mean that fluoride is not of net benefit to teeth.

Besides, I'm not actually arguing that it is (though the systematic review I found did seem to indicate that the consensus of studies is that it is). I'm just arguing that it is not necessary to postulate some general conspiracy to undermine the health of the population by feeding them stuff known to be harmful to them. It is merely necessary to postulate a general belief, even if wrong, in the beneficience of the stuff on the part of the people in charge. In other words, sometimes people are wrong, not evil.

Or in other other words, Calm The Fuck Down.
    Last edited by orielwen; 05-26-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Clarification

Grizz is offline Banned
    orielwen,
    We have all been brainwashed by the constant barrage of the media propaganda.

Fluoride displaces what little iodine we have in our bodies. So, too does Bromine in our food, and Chlorine in pesticides & in drugs. All of these chemical poisons are called Halides. It is the chemical halides that have caused a nationwide iodine deficiency that has resulted in an epidemic of Fibrocystic Breasts, PCOS, Endometriosis, cysts and hypothyroid. Taking iodine with required supplements has proven to reverse all of these conditions.
    http://www.freegrab.net/Iodine%20update.htm#section18

For more doctor reports and properly supplementing with iodine, see the Iodine References:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also see the Yahoo Iodine Group:
    Read their cover letter:
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-26-2012 at 02:30 PM.